Date with JR (Part 1)

When I'm with You
 
-----------------------------
The next day was the day of your date with JR. He was going to go over to your house to pick you up. If you didn’t have to go anywhere today, you would still be sleeping in. You decided to wear a white V-neck tee, under a cardigan, and shorts. Just something casual, nothing special. As you came out of the bathroom after getting ready, Zelo was heading to the bathroom. You were in front of a mirror fixing your hair and clothes.
 
“Going somewhere?” he asked. “Yeah,” you replied. “Where?” “On a date,” you said. “Oh, okay,” he said as he walked into the bathroom. Once he realized what you said he popped back out. “Did you say date? With who?!” “JR.”
“The guy who sits next to you in class?” “Mhmm.” “Why?” You shrugged. “I don’t know, I saw him at the store yesterday and we had ice cream together afterwards and then he asked me if I wanted to go out with him sometime.”
“Where are you guys going?” “I’m not sure actually. Are you going anywhere today?” you asked him. “I’m going to go out with my friends and play basketball,” he said.
 
You received a text from JR saying he was in front of your house. “He’s here. I’m gonna go now. C’ya later,” you said. You grabbed your bag and headed down the stairs. You put on your black converse and opened the door to see JR outside the gate.
 
“Hey JR,” you said as you opened the gate and went out on the side walk. “Hey ______.” *She looks so pretty when she’s not wearing her uniform. Why didn’t I see that yesterday* he thought. “So, where are we going,” you asked him.
“I was going to ask you.” He laughed. “Do you have anywhere you want to go to? Like somewhere you have wanted to go ever since you came to Korea?”
 
“Hmmm…” you thought for a while. “Well I did kind of want to go to Cheonggyecheon and see the stream.” “Okay, then let’s go then,” you guys started to walk down to the bus stop. "Is it going to be the first time seeing it?" "Yeah it is," you replied. "Well just to tell you, it's really pretty," he said.
 
“Are you hungry, do you want to go eat first?” he asked you. “Sure. I’m not really sure of the restaurants here yet so you can choose.”

Both of you made it to the bus stop. Then it got to the point where it was awkward between the both of you. *C’mon JR, you need to start a conversation with her!* He looked over to you. You were playing with your nails while waiting for the bus to come. “So, did you finish the essay for English?” he asked you.

“Yeah,” you said. “I think you asked me that yesterday when we were eating ice cream. My answer is still the same.” You laughed. “Oh yeah,” JR did a face palm in his head. He then sees you put in an earphone in your ear. *I must be really boring her out.* he thought.
 
“Who are you listening to?” he asked you. “Do you really want to know?” he nodded. You take the other earphone and handed it to him. He took it and put it into his ear.
 
I can't tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it feels like
And right now there's a steel knife in my windpipe
I can't breathe but I still fight while I can fight
As long as the wrong feels right it's like I'm in flight
 
“You listen to Eminem?” you nodded. “Now I found something we both have in common.” “You like Eminem too?” you asked. Yeah,” he replied. “I would have thought you were more of a kpop person though.” “I do, 2PM and MBLAQ.” You smiled.
 
And that was how it was like before the bus came. After that conversation, both of you were just silent and were listening to music together. When the bus did come, both of you got on. After a few stops, you got off. You guys went through a street market. This was an entirely new experience for you. You’ve actually never been there before. Both of you walked to the end of the street market and it got less crowded than it was at first.
 
The walk ended in front of a food stand. “I hope you don’t mind having dukbokki,” JR said. “I don’t mind at all. I love eating dukbokki!” you told him. “Great.” Both of you sat. “Ajusshi, a plate of dukbokki please,” said JR. “Coming right up,” said the man. He scooped up some dukbokki onto a plate and handed to you two along with two sticks.
 
“Do you like spicy stuff?” JR asked. “Yeah, I do,” you said. You guys started sharing the food while talking. JR would tell you something funny once in a while to make you laugh. He liked seeing you smile especially if it was because of him.
 
After finishing the plate, he asked if you wanted more. “No thanks, I’m full,” you replied to him.
“Good, so am I,” he said. Then he turned to the ajusshi, “Ajusshi, how much is it?” “$5,000 won,” he answered.
 
JR was about to take out his wallet and pay but you remembered that you owed him for ice cream. “Wait! I’ll pay this time since I still owe you for the ice cream,” you held out the bill to the ajusshi. “No need. Shouldn’t the man pay for the lady?” he said. “You’re a man?” you joking said. “Of course I am!” he said.
 
In the end, he still ended up paying.