In the Club

When I'm with You
--------------------------------
“She’s _____, our detention buddy. _______ didn’t want to be alone in detention so she came with us. That’s ok right,” said Ilhoon. “Yeah, that’s fine,” the guy said. “These guys are our friends. You’ve never seen them before because they go to Daeryun High.” “Ohh,” you said. “We should introduce ourselves,” the guy said as he turned to the two other people behind him.
 
“Hello ______. My name’s Eunkwang.” “Hey, I’m Hyungsik” said the other. “I’m Changsub,” the last said.
“There’s another one of us inside the club. His name is Sungjae,” said Eunkwang.
You tried to process all the names into your head. “Okay… Nice to meet you all,” you smiled.
 
“You guys still haven’t told me what has been happening yet,” you said as all of you walked in to the club. “Oh yeah. Ok, so every month, this club has dance competitions. People sign up to perform on stage and the crowd gets to pick the winner. And as a prize, the winner gets $800.”
 
“Is the money the only reason why you guys perform?” “Part of it, another reason is because it’s fun,” said Peniel. “I never knew you guys danced,” you said. “Well, you never asked,” said Ilhoon.
 
A guy came out. “Guys we got to go in now. The group before us is about to finish,” said who you assumed, was Sungjae. You went inside along with the others. This would be the first time you’ve ever been to a club. You looked at the other surroundings as you walked in. These were all new to you. There were booths where people sat and talked and a stage where you guessed, people would perform. And currently on stage were a group of strangers dancing.
 
When you looked back to find the guys, they were gone. Your attention was then taken by a guy standing on stage. “Okay! How was that last group huh? Pretty good? Now, up next! BTOB!” The guy apparently was an MC.
 
You went into the crowd of people looking onto the stage. A group of guys went on stage and you looked at their faces. They were pretty far from you so you couldnt see well. They seemed very familiar to you. One of them really looked like Peniel. After taking a good look of his face again, you realized it was really Peniel and the other guys were on stage with him. The lights dimmed and music started playing. They started dancing with the music. You had your full attention on their swift moves. They moved in sync with each other which made them look cool. The crowd around you cheered for them. You weren’t the type of person to scream and shout so you just looked at them dance with a smile on your face.
 
Their dance continued on, Minhyuk did a flip on stage which greatly amazed you and the crowd of people. *I guess I learn something new from them every day.* you thought. You could tell they were having fun. They all had smiles on their faces.
[Imagine their awesome dancing. To fill your imaginations maybe something like THIS.]
 
As their dance came to an end, the crowd clapped for them. The guys bowed and got off the stage. You went to the stairs to meet up with them. “______! How were we up there?” asked Eunkwang. “You guys were awesome,” you said. “______, you were watching us right?” Peniel asked as he came down the stairs. “Yup!” you answered. “So when are they going to announce the winner?” “After everyone has performed. So probably in like 20 minutes.” 
 
“Guys, let’s go sit,” said Hyungsik. Everyone sat down the booth. It was kind of awkward knowing that you were the only girl hanging out with them.
 
Sungjae finally noticed a girl around. He nudged Ilhoon who was next to him and whispered, “Who’s she?” “_______. She came with us because she didn’t want to be in detention alone.” “Ahh… I see… Well I’m going to go get drinks,” he said as he got up and left.
 
“Oh, me too.” “I’m getting thirsty.” “I need refreshments also.” they said as they left the booth. “_______, I’ll get one for you,” he said and left. You realized only Minhyuk stayed behind. “Hey! Get one for me too!” he yelled out.
 
“Why don’t you get one yourself,” you said. “Too lazy to,” he said before a moment it got quiet between you two. “So did you like our performance?” he started talking again. “Mhmm,” you answered. “Which part did you like best?” You looked at him. “Do you really want to know?” “Yeah,” he nodded. “I liked the entire thing,” you said. “Oh c’mon, you didn’t like the flip I did?” “It was cool,” you said and shrugged.
 
Everyone came back which drinks. Ilhoon handed you a can of soda. “Thanks,” you said. “No Problem,” he replied. “Where’s mine?” asked Minhyuk. “Get off your lazy and get one yourself. You know where it is. I’m not your butler,” Ilhoon replied.
 
All you were talking to each other and having a fun conversation. The guys you’ve just met were talking with you more. The feeling you had with them, it felt the same as when you were back in the states, but guys, instead of girls. “______, you should hang out with us more,” said Sungjae.
 
You had made fun of Peniel for something and the others have been cracking up. “Oh god, ______. Don’t ever bring that up again,” said Peniel. “Sorry, I didn’t think it would be that funny,” you replied.
 
You felt you phone vibrate in your pocket. You took it out to see that you had gotten a text from Zelo. “Hey, you coming home yet? Aren’t we supposed to go to Hoya’s today? It’s Monday.“ You looked at the time on your phone. It was now 6pm.
 
“Ohhhhhhkayyyyy! Now it’s time to announce the winner for this month. The performers please get up on stage,” the MC took everyones attention. The guys all left the booth and went up. “Now, everyone was very good. Now the crowd has to decide the winner.” The MC announced each group and the crowd cheered. “Now, for BTOB.” The crowd cheered and you cheered along with them. But unfortunately, their cheer wasn’t loud enough. “Congrats to the winners!” said the MC after he announced who won.
 
The guys got off stage and came back to the booth. They still had smiles even though they didn’t win. “Well, we had fun didn’t we?” said Eunkwang.
 
You remembered that Zelo wanted you home so you decided to leave now. Everyone else was going to leave also. 
You started heading the way home. Minhyuk was walking ahead in front of you going the same direction.
 
“Are you following me?” he turned around and asked you. “Pshh. Why would I follow you? I’m just heading home,” you replied and walked past him. He caught up with you and said, “Well, if we’re going the same way, might as well walk together then.” “I guess so,” you replied. It got quiet between you two again and this time you couldn’t stand the awkwardness so you spoke.
 
“So when do you guys practice?” you asked him. “A few times a week after school, sometimes during the weekends,” he replied. “Have you guys ever won before?” “Yeah. Once, a few months ago.”
 
As you were walking, you suddenly tripped and fell on your hands. Luckily, you were not bleeding anywhere. Above you, Minhyuk was laughing. “AHAHAHHAHA, How can you just trip on flat ground like that?!” he continued laughing. You got up and dusted your clothes. “It’s not funny,” you said.
“Well it is to me. Who would have thought you were that clumsy,” he said. "I just lost balance on my feet for that moment," you muttered.
 
Both of you continued walking. Minhyuk was still laughing, but it died down after a few minutes. Though, there would still be a few times where he’d giggle unwillingly. “Seriously! Stop laughing!” you said. “Okay, I’ll stop now,” he said before taking a deep breath. You guys got to the corner of the street. “I turn here,” you said. “Bye.”
 
He didn't say anything else and the both of you went your separate ways.