Interview

Everything Happens For A Reason

RECAP:

Yemi jumped. I lightly patted her thigh and stood up. She stood up and took a deep breath. Then she went up to the door, while I stood closely behind her. She knocked the door and someone called “Come in”.
--

Your POV

Right when we stepped into the room, I saw a row of chairs on the left side of the room. I guess those were where the friends and relatives would sit. I bowed to all the judges and went to sit down. I looked up at Yemi, while she nervously, but shyly sat down. I glanced over at the judges and saw one or two of recognizable faces. They looked…familiar.

“H-Hello,” Yemi started. “My name is Kim Yemi,” She said, eyeing one of the judges.

He was one of the familiar judges. He looked strange, but not in a bad way. He had a handsome and flawless face, but he had this cold look that could make everyone nervous. I guess he was the good-looking type, but he didn’t have to look so intimidating. He was scaring Yemi.

“Twenty-two years old,” He said, flipping through some papers. “Have you had any experience in planning before?” He looked up at Yemi. Yemi blushed and blinked fast. “N-No,” She stuttered.
He nodded and whispered something to the judges. “You’re in university?” Another one asked. Yemi nodded.
“So you’re thinking of having this job as a part-time?” An older judge asked. Yemi embarrassingly looked down at her fingers and softly nodded.

I looked at the judges and watched them disapprovingly, but softly shake their heads. I let out a sad sigh. She didn’t make it.

Another familiar judge lightly coughed. “We’ll give you a call later today,” He stated. Yemi’s lips started to tremble.

I knew she wanted this job really badly and that she would be crushed if she didn’t get it.

I lightly cleared my throat and stood up. “Sorry to interrupt,” I stood beside Yemi. “But can you give Yemi a chance?” I politely asked. “It’s been a while since she prepared for this interview and she really hopes to get this job,” I begged.

The judges looked at me in interest from head to toe. I awkwardly coughed and squirmed as they scanned my body. What the hell?

“What is your name, young lady?” The older judge asked me, with a smile. “L-Lee ~~~~,” I whispered, giving them a questionable look.

Why do they want my name?

“Are you also in university?” They asked me. I slowly nodded. “Have you had experience in planning before?” One of them asked me.

I didn’t want to lie and I didn’t want Yemi to get mad at me, but I’ve got to admit that I did plan a couple of events and parties here and there.

“A bit,” I whispered. “Why though?” I asked them. They nodded and softly discussed.

The two familar judges just sat there, listening to the others. What was up with them?

I didn’t know what was up, so I spoke up. “W-Wait a minut-,” One of the judges suddenly cut me off. “You’re hired!” He stood up.
My eyes widened. “Excuse me?!” I shouted. Yemi also stood up, surprised. “WHAT?!” She asked. “B-But she didn’t even sign up!” She protested.

I stood there, stunned. How did this all happen in less than a minute?! I DIDN’T EVEN WANT THIS JOB!

“I’m sorry, Yemi-shi,” The judge bowed. Yemi stood in front of me. “How is this possible?” She asked them. “Why would you choose her instead of me?” She questioned, pointing at me.

My head snapped up. Well, that was mean. She didn’t have to be so rude…

“We think ~~~~-shi would fit this job with the experience she had gained before,” One explained. “We’re truly sorry, Yemi-shi,” They bowed.
“Wait a minute,” I spoke up. “I didn’t even sign up for this thing,” I convinced. “I didn’t even agree to this!” I raised my voice a bit.
One of the familiar guys stood up. “Yea, she’s right,” He said. “Since she didn’t even sign up, we should let her go,” He said, giving me a look.

I made a face. That was not nice.

One of the judges shook his head. “Non-sense!” He exclaimed. “I’m sure ~~~~-shi would love this job!” He smiled.

I looked at Yemi and she looked disappointed, but her eyes showed anger.

I shook my head. “I don’t think this job suits me,” I said. The judges shook their heads. “You’ll get used to it!” They grinned. “And you’ll get to love the boys,” He motioned to the two familiar boys.

I raised an eyebrow. Really? I’d get to love THESE two RUDE boys? In my dreams I will…

“It’s settled!” One clapped his hands and walked over to me. “Welcome, ~~~~,” He smiled and held out his hand.

I stared at his hand. Part of myself told me to just run out of the room with Yemi. But…another part of myself told me to take this job as an opportunity to be in the working world. For some unknown reason, my hand seemed to have worked on its own and it shook his hand. My eyes widened at what I have done. STUPID HAND!

“That is ridiculous!” Yemi screamed and stormed out of the room. “YE-,” I was going to go after her when someone stopped me. “You still have to fill out some forms,” The old judge said.

I sighed. What did I get myself into?!

END OF POV