Yemi's Temper

Everything Happens For A Reason

RECAP:

I just nodded. I couldn’t back out of this now.
--

Your POV

I couldn’t believe I had to listen to an hour’s lecture on how my job will work. It wasn’t hard, but I was sure it would be difficult.

During the whole discussion, I would sometimes glance up at the guys. But it was a bad idea. Every time I looked up, at least two of them would be giving me weird looks or glares. What did I ever do to you people?! And it wasn’t my fault I got into this…was it?

After the whole hour of talking, DBSK and their manager escorted me out of the building.

“It was nice to meet you, ~~~~,” The manager said. “I hope we’ll work well together in the future,” He held out his hand.
I bowed and shook his hand. “Thank you,” I said. He smiled. “We’ll give you a call when we finish arranging everything for you,” He said. I nodded.

I said goodbye to the manager and didn’t even dare say goodbye to DBSK. I knew they didn’t like the idea of me being their new “planner”. But I ignored that problem and focused my mind onto another problem; Yemi.

I took the taxi to her house and walked up to her door. I took a deep breath and rang her doorbell. In less than two seconds, the door slammed open.

My eyes widened. “Y-Yemi,” I stuttered. She gave me a glare and crossed her arms. “What do you want?” She rudely asked.

My eyes widened a bit more. She has never talked to me like that before. I was surprised.

“A-About the interv-,” She cut me off and put a hand in front of my face. “Save it,” She hissed. “You can have it for all I care,” She said.

I felt my stomach tangle in fear. When was she like this? How can she talk like that?

“But-,” She stopped and stepped closer to me. “-you’re going to get it for what you made me go through,” She sneered in my face. “You have no idea how long I prepared for this opportunity to get closer to the oppas,” She said.

I was speechless. How…? But the next things she said and did almost made me want to scream in anger and panic in worry.

She patted my cheek. “You’re going to get it,” She hissed in a whisper.

I stared at her in shock. I couldn’t talk back nor could I move a muscle to hit her.

She smirked at me and closed the door with a BANG!

I stood there, frozen, while staring at the door she shut. I couldn’t believe it. W-What just happened? Was what she said…true? What was she going to do to me?

I slowly made my way home, thinking about the consequences I was in for getting this job. Maybe I should just cancel the offer. But…I already signed everything. I grabbed my hair in frustration. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!

I opened the door to my warm and comfy house.

“Mom. Dad. I’m home,” I announced, taking off my converse shoes.
My mom came out and gave me a smile. “How was your day, sweetie?” She took my jacket. I let out a tired breath. “You have no idea,” I whispered.

I told both my parents about everything from the point where Yemi dragged me to the interview to the point when I got the job...with no particular reason. They liked the idea and told me to try the job, but I didn’t tell them about what Yemi had said and what she threatened to do to me. That would have just made them panic and worry about me. I swear they would go as far as calling the police!

After all that talking, I went into my room and plopped myself onto the bed. There were two choices to choose from but one choice to make; job or friend? The job will definitely be awkward and hard, but I wanted to give it a try...for some reason. But, what do I do about Yemi? I was debating on whether I should quit for her. But somehow, my heart told me that it was a bad idea, after what she had said to me. SO MUCH BUTS, OH MY GOD!

I muffled a scream into my pillow and hid my head under the pillow. WHAT DO I DO?!

END OF POV