Panic

Everything Happens For A Reason

RECAP:

I quickly got out of the taxi and ran towards ~~~~’s house. “~~~~!” I kept shouting. But my heart stopped when I saw her on the ground. My eyes widened. “~~~~!” I yelled.
--

Kim Jonghyun’s POV

I ran over to her side and bent down. “~~~~!” I panicked. She was soaking wet and unconscious. I picked her limp body up and lightly tapped her cheek. “~~~~! Wake up!” I shook her. But her eyes remained closed and her face was as pale as a ghost. !

I quickly opened the door to her house and swiftly carried her inside, bridal style. I’ve never been in her house before, but I went into a room that I assumed was hers.

“~~~~,” I said, setting her onto the bed. I patted her cheeks. “Come on, noona,” I said. “Wake up,” I started to shake her a bit. I know I was being selfish but I couldn’t take her to the hospital because people will notice me.

My phone started to ring. It was DBSK’s manager.

I picked up. “Hello?” I said. “Jonghyun,” He started.
“Hyu-,” I said, but suddenly, ~~~~ started to uncontrollably shake. My eyes enlarged “~~~~!” I yelled, quickly closing my phone.
I grabbed her shoulders. “Are you okay?!” I stormed. “C-C-C-Cold,” She lightly hissed. My eyes slowly landed on her wet clothes. I swallowed hard. I had to take them off or she’ll freeze to death.
I slowly reached out to her shirt, but she weakly grabbed my hand. “What…” She mumbled, but had no strength to stop me. “I’m sorry, ~~~~,” I whispered, closing my eyes before taking her wet shirt off.

I put three sweaters on her and she was still shivering. “Are you still cold?” I whispered, rubbing her arms.
She nodded, with her eyes closed. I touched her forehead and my eyes rounded. She had a fever! I went into the bathroom and got a hot towel. As I placed it onto her forehead, she gasped. I squeezed her hand in assurance.
“How about now, noona? Are you still cold?” I asked, holding her hand. She continued to shiver. I started to give in. This wasn’t going to work.
I removed the covers from her. “Let’s go to the hospital,” I said, putting my arms around her waist and under her legs.
Her hand touched my chest and she pushed me away a bit. I softened. She didn’t want to go.
“We have to go, noona,” I softly said. She gently shook her head and rolled away from me. I couldn’t do anything. I went through her closet to find more blankets. I put three more blankets on top her and left to find some medicine.

I ran back into the room with a cup of water and medicine. I set the water down on the bed stand and sat beside ~~~~. She was still shivering.
I lifted her upper body up. “You have to eat this,” I muttered, before putting the pills into her slightly parted lips. I put the cup of water between her lips and she weakly took a sip.
I set her back down and touched her forehead. It was still the same. I was out of hope now. “Let’s go to the hospital, noona. I don’t care if they recognize me anymore,” I begged. I knew she had heard me, but she just ignored me. I rubbed my face in frustration. What was I supposed to do?!

END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong’s POV

“2 MINUTES!” The PD yelled. The whole room was as chaotic as always. “JAE, PUT THIS ON,” A noona told me. I nodded and quickly ran into the changing room.
Right when I was about to go out, my phone rang. I didn’t even have time to look at the ID. I quickly picked up while walking out of the changing.

“Hello?” I quickly answered. “HYUNG!” Jonghyun shouted. I stopped. “JONGHYUN, WHERE ARE YOU?!” I shouted. Key told me he wasn’t going to perform. But where the hell was he?
He ignored my question. “WHAT’S ~~~~’S ADDRESS?!” He yelled. Did I hear right? “WHAT?!” I yelled back.
“QUICKLY TELL ME ~~~~’S ADDRESS!” He repeated. I was going to ask why, but the PD interrupted me.
“JAEJOONG! YOU’RE ON RIGHT NOW!” He shouted. The manager grabbed the phone from me and Yunho pushed me out to the stage. What was going on?

For the remaining performances, I couldn’t think straight. Why did Jonghyun want ~~~~’s address? Where did Jonghyun go? And…where did ~~~~ go?

The concert finally ended and I ran up to the manager. “Why did Jonghyun call me?” I asked him, rather quickly. The manager frowned. “~~~~ forgot her keys so Jonghyun went to give them back to her,” He stated.
I raised an eyebrow. “That’s it?” I asked. He raised an eyebrow too. “She was sick when she left. It’s pouring outside right now and her parents aren’t home,” He said. “She might have been locked out in the rain,” He said.
I froze. “S-So what happened?” I asked. He shrugged. “I was just going to call Jonghyun,” He said, taking out his phone.

I stood close by. “Hello?” Jonghyun whispered. “Jonghyun,” Manager hyung started.
“Hyu-,” Jonghyun said, but quickly cut himself off. “~~~~”! He yelled, before hanging up. My eyes enlarged. “Where does ~~~~ live?!” I grabbed hyung’s hand.

I raced down the streets in my car. I didn’t know why but my whole body didn’t feel right. I didn’t know why I was so worried about ~~~~. Did something bad happen? My grip on the sterling wheel tightened. I’m coming, ~~~~. Please be alright.

END OF POV

Kim Jonghyun’s POV

“J-Jonghyun-,” ~~~~ stuttered. I grabbed her hand. “Yes, ~~~~ noona. I’m here,” I said.
“I-I-,” She stuttered. “Yes. You what?” I asked, fixing the towel on her forehead. She started to hyperventilate. I grew alarmed. “~~~~!” I touched her face.
Then, I remembered something. I quickly took off my wet jacket and climbed into bed next to her. She shakily turned to face me.
“We have to generate body heat so you can get warmed up,” I stated. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me.
My heart skipped a beat and I felt my cheeks turn red at how close we were. But I pushed that thought away and hugged her tighter.
“Better?” I whispered. She nodded and snuggled closer to me.

END OF POV

Kim Jaejoong’s POV

I ran out of my car and ran towards ~~~~’s house. I was about to ring the doorbell, but the door was already open. I walked inside and searched the house for ~~~~.

I suddenly heard whispers in a room. I slowly made my way there. The door was slightly open and I almost dropped my car keys from what I saw.

There ~~~~ was, with Jonghyun. They were in the SAME bed, snuggling closer than ever. My stomach sank and my eyes saddened. I couldn’t bring myself to go into the room to ask if she was okay. I slowly stepped away from the door and ran out of the house.

I slammed the car door closed. I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes. What was going on?

END OF POV