Confession From Jonghyun

Everything Happens For A Reason

RECAP:

He took my hands and there was a twinkle in his eyes. "I like you, noona," He firmly stated.

--

Your POV

My eyes widened. Did he just...

"W-What?" I stuttered, surprised. "I like you, noona," He repeated. I was taken aback by his confession, but quickly laughed it off. He must have been joking.

"Funny, Jonghyun," I said, holding my stomach. "I almost fell for that," I chuckled and patted his hand. I walked away, but he grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I stared at him with big eyes.

"I'm not kidding," He said, with a serious expression. "I. Like. You. " He said, one word after another. I swallowed hard. Oh no.

"You may think I'm younger than you, but I don't care," He said, taking my hands again. What was I supposed to say now? I never knew he felt this way about me. But I only thought of him as a friend... Why did he like me?

As if he read my mind, he answered me. "Why do I like you? Simple. You're understanding, forgiving, nice, friendly and god-knows what other qualities you have," He listed.

"I-," He cut me off. "You may think it's ridiculous to hear all this from me, but I really do care for you, noona," He said. "I know you do, Jonghyun," I softly said.

"Then let me protect you," He squeezed my hand. "Let me protect you from Yemi. From Jaejoong. From anyone who hurts you," He said.

I thought about it for a moment but softly pulled away. "I'm sorry, Jonghyun," I whispered.

END OF POV

Kim Jonghyun's POV

I picked up some courage and grabbed ~~~~'s wrist.

"I have something to tell you," I said. She tilted her head. "What is it, Jonghyun?" She asked.

I took her hands and sincerely looked into her eyes. "I like you, noona," I revealed. Her eyes widened. "W-What?" She stuttered, surprised. I knew she would be surprised.

"I like you, noona," I repeated. She suddenly started laughing. My eyes saddened. She thought I was joking.

"Funny, Jonghyun," She said, holding her stomach. "I almost fell for that," She chuckled and patted my hand. She was about to walk away, but I grabbed her wrist and spun her around. She looked at me with her big brown eyes.

"I'm not kidding," I said, with a serious expression. "I. Like. You. " I said, one word after another. "You may think I'm younger than you, but I don't care," I said, taking her hands again.

She didn't talk for a moment and I knew what she was thinking. "Why do I like you? Simple. You're understanding, forgiving, nice, friendly and god-knows what other qualities you have," I listed.

"I-," I cut her off. "You may think it's ridiculous to hear all this from me, but I really do care for you, noona," I said. "I know you do, Jonghyun," She softly said.

"Then let me protect you," I squeezed her hand. "Let me protect you from Yemi. From Jaejoong. From anyone who hurts you," I said. And anyone else who messes with ~~~~, I will break their necks.

When she looked like she was thinking, hope rose in my heart. But she softly pulled away. "I'm sorry, Jonghyun," She whispered. My heart dropped like a rock. As much as I doubted it, I knew she didn't like me back.

"It's not that you're bad or anything!" She panicked. "You're an amazing guy, Jonghyun! Everyone would dream to be in my place!" She said. Then why wouldn't you accept me...

Her eyes saddened. "But, I'm not the right girl for you, Jonghyun," She said. "There has to be another wonderful and pretty girl out there, waiting for you," She said. Impossible. The girl who was for me was right in front of my eyes.

She frowned. "You hate me, don't you?" She asked. I shook my head. "I don't, noona," I said. "I would never hate you," I whispered.

She sighed and shook her head. "It's all my fault. Now we're going to be awkward," She said. I shook my head. "It's okay, noona," I forced a smile. "It's really okay," I stated.

Unsure, she stared at me. "Are you positive you're okay?" She whispered. I nodded forcing a bigger grin. "Yes, I am!" I grew excited. "Now cook me some Bulgogi!" I pushed her towards the kitchen.

She looked back and I motioned her to continue walking, with a smile. When she turned around, my smile dropped and I silently stood there, watching her grab the ingredients. I sighed. Rejected.

END OF POV

Your POV

I felt very bad for rejecting Jonghyun, but my heart told me to say no. He was such a fantastic guy, but he really didn't deserve me. I was sure there were many other girls out there, waiting to accept this amazing guy.

I frowned. "You hate me, don't you?" I asked. I knew he did. Who wouldn't feel sad when the girl guy gets rejected?

He shook his head. "I don't, noona," He said. "I would never hate you," He whispered. He made me feel even more bad.

I sighed and shook my head. "It's all my fault. Now we're going to be awkward," I said. He shook his head. "It's okay, noona," He smiled. "It's really okay," He stated.

Unsure, I stared at him. "Are you positive you're okay?" I whispered. He nodded, but this time I knew he was forcing a bigger smile. "Yes, I am!" He grew excited. "Now cook me some Bulgogi!" He pushed me towards the kitchen. I looked back and he motioned me to continue walking.

I walked into the kitchen and sighed when I touched the fridge's handle. I'm sorry, Jonghyun.

END OF POV