Paris in the Rain

Replay (PM 01:27)

a94a01ec533e809ece1603e8872cbe0a01eb8b29.png

It was early morning in Paris where Jaehyun and Yunha had landed in the land of love. They had arrived at midnight and Yunha’s phone alarm was set to ring at 8am. She got up immediately after her alarm rang and started getting ready.

 

The first fashion show begins at 8.30am or 9am. Some shows begin early as about 10 fashion shows are held every day throughout the Paris Fashion Week. But obviously they couldn’t attend them all. So they had to be selective on attending the more important shows according to brands.

 

Usually Yunha will attend 7 shows in one day and when she went alone for the past few years, she will only get to eat at around 9pm or 10pm after all the shows were over. It will be almost midnight when she comes back to her hotel to rest. But because this time round she is accompanied by Jaehyun, we’ll see if her schedule remains mundane.

 

Yunha starts selecting her clothes to wear. She had packed 5 big luggages for the clothes she and Jaehyun will be wearing. Everyone is super skinny at the shows. So, if they were going to stand next to them, they needed to at least look taller. It wouldn’t be a problem for Jaehyun as he is already tall and have a nice build. Because Yunha is on the shorter side, she will need to wear heels to do its job.

 

Jaehyun came in to her room and waited for his clothes to be set by Yunha. Both of them were sleeping in different rooms and it felt kinda new to them as when they were couple, they never had to sleep separately but of course this time round. Not just they had spilt. But because they were here for work it was for the better and kept professional.

Jaehyun Nct GIF - Jaehyun Nct Hunk GIFs

Jaehyun was only in his bathrobe when he stood in front of Yunha. Yunha wasn’t distracted but resume with trying on clothes for Jaehyun.

 

“Will it zip up?”

 

“I hope it doesn’t rip..” said Jaehyun.

 

“This one looks nice.. Ani it fits perfectly Yuno yah..” answered Yunha complimenting him. Jaehyun nodded smiling.

 

“I’m gonna wear this dress with the spangles jacket. Na eottae?” asked Yunha to the people around her.

 

“Yeppeuda eonnie..” said the staffs.

 

“Eo wanjeon..” replied Jaehyun.

 

Yunha takes a look at her phone at it was already 8.33am.. “Omona.. we gotta get ready fast.. We don’t even have time for coffee. We’ll meet at the lobby by 9 alright.” Everyone answered her in unity and proceeded to get ready.


 

c4f0d8b462f8fd33c2e15c7694372acecf58241e.png

Everyone was ready by 9am and they proceeded to the first show in 2 cars. One car accommodating Yunha, Jaehyun and Yunha’s assistant. Another car was their stylists, hair and makeup artist together with a truckload of clothes that they will be switching up after one or two shows. Their schedule were packed for the day.

 

As the car drove, they were surrounded with the beautiful architectures and gold monuments of Paris.

 

“How did they think of using that bold colour?” Yunha commented.

 

“I know right.. The gold. It’s always a bright gold.” Replied her assistant.

 

“That’s the sentiment of Paris.. The rustic statues have gold on it and its pretty. Paris is both chic and fancy.” said Jaehyun.

the fame of the arts, statues, alexandre iii bridge, paris, cloud ...

They had arrived on time for the show. All the stylish people of the world were gathered here. It was full of fashionistas. They even saw fellow Esteem supermodel Irene getting her pictures taken. Jaehyun and Yunha were also stopped to get their photos taken. Jaehyun offered his arm to Yunha for them to posed as a couple for the camera.

2f46b9530345a03c3a597b5b6527f1a762e3c5f3.png

These fashion shows were not easy to get invited to. Yunha got invited by firstly sending a request to PFW organisers. After applying, they will check on what kind of influence the person has on others. They also take a look at their career and then proceed to give them an okay to be invited to the fashion show of various brands every year.

 

Working for the fashion industry for years, it had helped Yunha gained the recognition she has now. And that’s why this time round she wanted to help Jaehyun be exposed to the fashion industry. Well deserved. It would be a great opportunity for Johnny too but of course. His heavily pregnant wife was his main priority and Yunha respected that.

 

They entered the venue after multiple pictures of them were taken by the official photographers present.

 

“Lets go in.. It would be nice if they gave us coffee..”

 

“I’m not myself at morning shows hahahah.” Said Yunha making Jaehyun laugh.

 

They watched one fashion show after another starting with brands like LOEWE, THOME BROWNE, CHANEL, CELINE and etc. Yunha took into consideration of the clothes presented as she thinks of the clothes that she will be dressing her models/artistes back in Korea. She can see the latest fashion trends by attending the fashion shows in Paris. No one tells her what the trend is, but there is something in common when she watches the show. For example, if she sees a lot of purple, it could become the trend the next summer. She can make assumptions using that data and that what’s good about being here.

 

The fashion week continues on until late at night and they had to change into new clothes to attend another few more shows at a different location. Their schedule carried on to the next day.

 

After the 5th show of the next day, Yunha suggested for them to take a break from the fashion shows. As they change to a more comfortable clothing, they head on for lunch at Montmartre. This time, the staffs had left Yunha and Jaehyun to give them space to date. *CoughsOnPurposeCoughs* Both of them were okay with it, Jaehyun especially were waiting for that moment to come. Paris was too beautiful for them to missed out on dates.

 

They had then arrived in Montmartre. A beautiful city with magnificent alley ways and shop houses.

Le Consulat Cafe in Montmartre, Paris ,France | Montmarte is… | Flickr

“Wahhh Its been a while since I came here.. Has it been two years? Aigoo..” said Yunha.

 

“Jinjja have you not been here for your past few trips?” asked Jaehyun.

 

“Ani.. every time I’m in Paris, I only watch the shows and go home.”

 

“Soljigi.. I don’t have time to walk around or go to local shops..”

 

“So today, I wanted to do those things and so I freed up some time.” Explained Yunha.

 

“Ahhhh geurae.. So it’s a date for us then..” said Jaehyun cheekily trying to get close to Yunha. Yunha just shook her head not buying that cheeky statement.

 

 

“Wahh neomu yeppeuda.. Mashigetta.. Wah baegopah..” said Yunha changing the topic when she saw a bistro nearby.

 

“Shall we eat here? Let’s go.” Said Jaehyun leading Yunha to sit at the outdoor table of the bistro.

 

They looked at the menu and it was all in French. Hahahahah. How are they supposed to read French. Both of them started to laugh at their silliness when the waiter came to the rescue.

 

“Hi can I help you..”

 

“Oh thank god hahaha. Can I get two Café au lait and an onion soup?” ordered Yunha.

 

“Yes sure..”

 

“Oh and Braised Mussels? Yeah one of that too. And garlic bread. Please.” Jaehyun added.

 

“Okay sure. Anything else?” asked the waiter.

 

 

“No, that’s all for now. Thank you.” Said Yunha smiling in relieved.

 

“Your welcome.”

 

Both Yunha and Jaehyun just chatted about their surroundings on how beautiful the city was. Jaehyun was also thanking Yunha for bringing him here. He wouldn’t be in the land of love if it wasn’t for Yunha.

 

“Anywhere with you feels right.. anywhere with you feels like Paris in the rain.”

 

 

“So happy is it? Now singing to Lauv all. I’m still mad at you. You know.” said Yunha reacting to Jaehyun singing.

 

 

“Yunha yah..”

 

 

“Bwo..”

 

 

“When I look at you now.. I don’t know but I want our forever to happen. I might not deserve it but there’s nothing better than  being with you, Yunha yah. I don’t know how I went about my day without you.” Said Jaehyun heart about to jump out of his chest.

 

“That is not part of Lauv song right?”

 

 

“It is. But I really mean it for you.” Said Jaehyun.

 

 

“I don’t know Yuno.. I don’t wanna be hurt anymore. I feel like, I enjoy your company better when we are not tied to each other. At least the feelings doesn’t get in our way of us getting to know each other.” Answered Yunha trying to be cool about what they are having now.

 

“I know.. I’ve made a lot of mistakes and I know its not easy to forget it although you’ve forgiven me for it. Yunha yah.. I won’t force you to be with me if you don’t want to. But if you allow me to..”

 

“Allow what?”

 

Jaehyun stood up and kneel down on one knee in front of Yunha as though he was proposing. Gaining attention from the people around them.

ixv7j5ke7hj11.jpg

“Yunha yah.. I know I’m not the best boyfriend for you. But you are the best girlfriend I ever had. This is strange cause I know you will reject my proposal. But Kim Yunha sshi, will you take this ring and let me love you for the rest of my life. I’ll wait for a thousand years for you even if you don’t accept me now.” Said Jaehyun.

 

Everyone around them were cheering for Yunha to accept the proposal and it made Yunha blush and shy on what was happening. She looked at Jaehyun with her eyes now teary as she really wanted to reject the proposal but seeing how Jaehyun took the courage to actually get on his knees proposing to her in Public. In Paris of all places.

 

She felt secure but at the same time she didn’t want history to repeat again. Of course, what had happened before today was something she could not forget about. But deep down, Yunha still strongly loves Jaehyun with all her heart.

 

Yunha then helped Jaehyun up on his feet and said a few things.

 

 

“Yuno yah.. I will accept your proposal but only on one condition.”

 

 

“Okay.. what is it?”

 

Yunha whispered to Jaehyun’s ears. Jaehyun then nodded and put on the ring on Yunha with the crowd cheering to their engagement.


And with that Yun-yun couple is now engaged. But what did Yunha whispered to Jaehyun?? Find out soon in the upcoming chapters. This chapter was inspired by the song Paris in the Rain by Lauv.