Reconciliation

Wishing Upon A Flower

Plz Don't by Donghae

 


Chapter 59 – Reconciliation

The following school day, the incident during the winter ball was the talk of the campus. The sun rose high up but the weather was so freezing that they were wearing different layers of clothes just to keep them warm and the teases of students didn’t help to that coldness.

“Are you trying to hide yourself now from us because of how clumsy you are to even distract the ball?” A student snickered as she walked past them to the locker.

“I’m sorry,” she muttered as she put her head low and walk. Just then, she tripped but luckily, she balanced herself and stood steady again while others laughed. She was on the verge of crying but held it back.

She quickly got her things needed from her locker and then sped to her room. She sighed as she settled down. She shook her head for a few times and tried to forget about all the things the students had told her.

“Are you okay? I heard what happened but I wasn’t able to wait. I was needed at home,” Ahneul asked worriedly.

“I’m okay. Nothing to worry,” Hyomi smiled.

“Are you sure?” Ahneul asked.

“Yup,” Hyomi said, smiling wider to convince the other.

“I’m really sorry. I feel so useless,” Ahneul sighed.

“Aish, stop it, okay? You don’t need to be sorry,” Hyomi said patting her shoulder. Ahneul smiled.

“Hyomi-ah,” Jongup said as he came, quickly pulling his chair near to Hyomi. “Are you okay? We weren’t able to ask you the other night because all the EXO seemed to be…hogging you,” Jongup mumbled the last two words earning a smack on the arm from Hyomi.

“So mean,” Hyomi chuckled.

“But it’s true!” Jongup protested.

“You shouldn’t have said that though,” Ahneul said.

“Whatever. I regret not asking you to dance earlier. Those queenkas, if I see their face around the school after that day, I’ll definitely kick them out,” Jongup said.

“As if you can,” Ahneul said.

“Yeah, I can!” Jongup said.

Hyomi's POV

“CLASS!” The teacher shouted to get the attention of the class. Everybody scurried and returned to their respective chairs and the class begun. I quietly laughed to myself as the two snickered at each other before going back to their chairs. I’m just lucky they are there to lighten up my mood.

When the break started, students piled out the classroom while I stayed behind. I feel like eating in the classroom or simply just stay behind because I’m afraid going out would mean that I’ll get another round of tease. Ahneul stood up but sat back down again, sighing.

“No, I’ll not leave you here. I’ll eat with you,” she said as she started opening her lunch bag.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be with your boyfriend?” I said as I propped my elbow on the table and rest my chin on my palm. She choke on her food and out of panic, I gave her her bottle of water and patted her back. “Are you okay?” I asked worriedly. Did I say that too fast?

“I’m okay but what did you just say? Boyfriend? When did I have a boyfriend?” She said wiping with the back of her palm.

“Why? Aren’t you and…”

“Hi,” we turned to the door and saw Sehun and Kai.

“Oh, hey!” I greeted them. I glanced at Ahneul and saw how surprised she looked. A smile grew on my lips.

“And who says she doesn’t have a boyfriend?” I whispered to her.

“He-He… AISH!” She uttered out of frustration but in a low voice that only I could hear.

“Are we…interrupting something?” Kai oppa said and I quickly shook my head.

“It’s okay,” I said. He smiled and both of them took a sit, dragging the chairs near us.

“How are you?” Sehun asked and I smiled. I was expecting for Ahneul to blurt out something like ‘no, she isn’t’ but no, she just kept quiet and I’m pretty sure of why it was like that.

“I’m alright,” I said.

“The queenkas have left already,” Kai oppa said and both Ahneul and I looked at him.

“What?” We said and they nodded.

“They came and got their things in their lockers and simply left,” Sehun oppa said shrugging.

“Are they still there?” I said standing up.

“Why? What are you planning?” Sehun oppa asked.

“I need to talk to them. They can’t just leave like this,” I said.

“Are you crazy? They might hurt you!” Ahneul said. I shook my head.

“They’ve talked to the principal right? So I assume that they wouldn’t do anything,” I said. “So are they still there?” I asked, turning to the two boys. They looked at each other and Kai oppa shrugged.

“I’ll come with you,” Sehun oppa said standing up and I nodded. We left the room and I took one last glance to see the two awkwardly sitting.

Ahneul’s POV

My heart sped up once Hyomi and Sehun left and I sat there, not knowing whether to eat or not. I glanced at him and saw him just looking around the room until he looked my way and I jerked, surprised before looking away.

“So… how are you? Your sister, how’s she?” He asked.

“She’s recovering. Thank you for the help again. I’ll repay you, I promise,” I said, smiling although I felt so awkward.

“That’s good. You don’t have to pay. Just take it as an advance gift from a friend for Christmas,” he said smiling and that simple action made my stomach be filled with butterflies.

“Still. That was too much and…friend…” I uttered playing with spoon.

“Uhm… We’re friends, aren’t we?” He asked and I felt so stupid. How could I be that insensitive? He might have been hurt when I said that.

“Ah, yes, of course,” I said, smiling again. He smiled back.

“Right. Thank you for being my date that night even though we have to be away from the everybody,” he said and I bit my lower lip, looking down.

I felt so bad because I had insisted for us to stay in the garden while everybody else enjoyed inside. It’s not that I’m embarrassed being his date. That would be too boastful of me. I’m just afraid of how people would react to it, especially after what Hyomi received after the campus found out about the whole boyfriend-thing with one of the kingkas. It’s not a problem, actually, to receive those because I know I could handle it but what I couldn’t take is when my family finds about it. That, I wouldn’t tolerate.

“Sorry,” I said.

“Sorry for?” He asked.

“For asking you to stay outside. I’m really sorry,” I said. “I feel useless to be your date. I shouldn’t have just accepted your offer if I would just be like that,” I said feeling guilt.

“What are saying? That’s okay. I understand. Anyway, there's still next time,” he said ruffling my hair but I was too stunned to even react to that action of his. Next time? There’s still next time?

“You…” I was out of words and he just smiled shrugging.

“Who knows,” he said, smirking and I think my heart just jumped. Are my ears playing with me? No?

Sehun’s POV

I followed her to the parking area where I’m pretty sure the queenkas are right now. It was quite the fuss when the break begun as many saw them getting their things. Many were happy while some didn’t care. I was happy they’ll be leaving because that would mean no one would be able to hurt Hyomi or any girls who maybe be one of the hyungs’ girlfriends. But I don’t get why Hyomi was hurrying to see them.

“Excuse me,” she said as we finally reached the queenkas. They turned crossing their arms over their chests.

“Are you happy now? We’re leaving because of you,” one of them said. Hyomi shook her head that made me surprised.

“No. It’s not that. I’m sorry,” Hyomi said.

“Sorry?” Another said, smirking. “Are you trying to play the good here again? Please stop it. That don’t work on us,” she quickly added and I almost advance towards them if not for Hyomi blocking me with her arm. My jaw tightened but I obeyed Hyomi because I know that she knows what she’s doing. It’s just that I don’t know if those girls would do anything to her.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to enter your life and ruin everything. I didn’t mean to let you girls leave the school. And I really didn’t mean to make you feel that I’m stealing your oppas away from you. If I just knew it, I shouldn’t have come here. I’m really sorry,” Hyomi said and the next thing she did made my fists clench. She bowed in front of them. Ninety-degrees bow.

The queenkas were agape. They were obviously out of words and I swear if they don’t forgive her, I’ll stand my word that they are people who have no heart. Hyomi isn't even supposed to say sorry because I'm sure it isn't her fault. She didn't even do anything as far as I know.

“You…” One girl said and I looked at her, her eyes were already watery and I was shocked.

“Oppa, please,” Hyomi said and I nodded, understanding what she meant. I walked far enough to not hear their conversion but I made sure I watched them. I can’t be too relaxed even though I saw one of them almost into tears because it might just be some pretentious actions.

As they talked and minutes passed, I felt that they were already slowly fixing everything that had happened between them. One was crying while the others smiled as Hyomi smiled back to them. Once in a while, they’ll be nodding and then laughing. It was like that until the girls needed to leave because it was also time. They shook hands before the girls had finally board in their cars and drove off, waving good bye.

I approached Hyomi and immediately asked how it went.

“Everything’s alright now, finally,” she said, sighing before a smile drew on her lips.

“That’s good to hear,” I said, smiling.

“I just hoped it was fixed long ago and not when they were asked to leave,” she said sadness were evident in her voice. I patted her shoulder.

“It’s okay. I’m sure there’s a reason why it’s like that,” I said, assuring her. She smiled and nodded.

“Let’s go before we ran late,” she said and I nodded and held her hands, walking back to our respective rooms.

Daehyun’s POV

It was already dismissal and I packed my things, ready to leave. I waited for Youngjae to finish his note taking before we both left to meet the others by the gate. On our way down the stairs, my heart skipped a beat as Hyomi with Ahneul and Jongup came, walking down ahead of us.

“Oh, guys,” Youngjae said and I wanted to smack him on the arm for even calling their attention. The other three looked back and my eyes met Hyomi’s and I hate to admit that I was the first one to look down.

“Hey,” they greeted back. We walked further down the stairs until we stood near them.

“Hyomi, are you ok?” Youngjae said and Hyomi nodded, smiling.

“Yeah. Better than ever,” she replied, chuckling.

“That’s good to hear. Did something good happen?” Youngjae asked.

“She reconciled with the queenkas,” Jongup said.

“I see. That’s good,” Youngjae said. We then started walking together to the gate when I felt someone nudging me. I turned to see Hyomi with a smirk on her lips.

“Why are you so quiet?” She asked and I looked away.

“None of your business. Go away,” I said walking faster.

“Still arrogant,” I heard her say before I reached the other BAP members who stood by the gates. They waved as Jongup, Youngjae, Hyomi and Ahneul came near.

“Going home?” Himchan hyung asked and Hyomi and Ahneul nodded. “Then, do you want us to bring you guys home?” Himchan hyung said and I threw him a look. “Actually, Daehyun could bring Hyomi home and I’ll just bring Ahneul home. That would be alright right?” He said, looking at the three of us.

“Me? Why not Jongup, he’s also going there,” I said.

“Because Jongup has work, you pabo,” Himchan said.

“It’s ok, Himchan-ssi. I still have some errands to go to so I’ll be going first okay?” Ahneul said smiling, before waving.

“Uhm… okay… Maybe next time,” Himchan hyung muttered to himself as Ahneul walked away.

“Why isn’t Sehun sunbae with you, noona?” Zelo asked. Hyomi shrugged.

“He has some practice I think. With the oppas,” she said and Zelo nodded in understanding.

“Then Daehyun could really bring you home,” Yongguk hyung said and my eyes widened at him.

“I pass,” I said.

“Yeah, it’s okay,” Hyomi said.

“No, it’s not okay. You’re going the same way anyway,” Yongguk hyung said. Hyomi and I looked at each other.

“Actually, I could just bring her home. It’s not that being a little bit late for work matters,” Jongup said and I don’t know whether to be thankful or not.

“Ok. Then you three take care okay?” Himchan hyung said. I sighed while the other two nodded.

“Yah, you guys, take care of Hyomi or else,” Youngjae said and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, we know, bye,” I said before walking away.

When we reached the bus stop, we waited for a few minutes before the bus we were waiting came. We got in and as Hyomi took a sit, Jongup and I bumped into each other on getting the seat next to her. Because I know Jongup likes her and he doesn’t know I like her too, I just stepped aside and let him sit there while I sat at the seat across from them. The ride wasn’t that long and we arrived on our stop.

We got off and Jongup and Hyomi left after some arguing about bringing her home. I sighed, rolling my eyes. Although I know I should be the one by her side, bringing her home, I know it’ll be so out of my character because everyone knows my relationship with Hyomi isn’t that good for me to even walk her home.

I know I should be taking those kind of opportunity but blame my ego and too coward side. I couldn’t even show her that I like her and kept on teasing her. I sighed and started walking. Before I could turn to our street, a figure stood by the corner and I blinked, surprised. As he noticed me, he pushed himself off the wall.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Can we talk?” He said.

“About what?” I asked.

“Hyomi.” 


HI! How's this chapter? Sorry if I let you wait. :)

Have you guys listened to Crash?! And watched their performance? They're so cute!!! Daehyun's hairstyle fits him! :")