Between Truth and Lies

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

It's All Lies by BAP


 

Chapter 37 – Between Truth and Lies

Midst the people going out of the arrival area, the eight gorgeous looking guys that make girls’ head turn to them craned their necks to see if the person they’ve been waiting has arrived. They were excited and happy to see their friend once again. It’s been months since they’ve last seen him that makes them giddier on his return.

“When is he coming? What’s taking him long?” Kyungsoo said not being able to stand still.

“Will you stop moving? It’s getting me dizzy,” Kai complained. Kyungsoo then stopped then scoffed.

“Where’s Luhan, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun hyung anyway?” Tao asked. The other guys turned to him before shrugging.

“I’ve already texted them but they only replied that they’re off to somewhere so they couldn’t come and just for us to tell Sehun that they’re sorry for not being here to pick him up,” Suho explained. Tao nodded.

“That’s a pity though,” Tao shrugged.

“There he is!” Jong Dae shouted waving frantically in the air.

“Sehun-ah! Yeogi!” They all shouted attracting some attention.

“Keep it down kids,” Kris sighed. Sehun who immediately noticed them waved back with a wide smile.

“HYUNGS!” He shouted back. He quickly went over his hyungs while pushing his things on a cart and gave them each hug. As much as the eleven guys who he left behind before going to another country missed him, he does, too.

“Aigoo, you’ve grown a little bit taller? YAH! I told you not to grow anymore!” Minseok pouted making the others laugh.

“It’s not his fault that you’re short, hyung,” Kai teased. Minseok just scoffed.

“Yeah, whatever,” he said. “I’m just happy you’re back,” he smiled. Sehun smiled back and nodded. His eyes wandered around, looking for three boys who he equally missed.

“Where’s Luhan, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun hyung?” Sehun asked turning to the eight clueless guys. They all shrugged like when Tao asked.

“They went somewhere and since you called last minute, they couldn’t cancel their schedule. They’re saying sorry though,” Suho said and Sehun nodded understanding.

“It’s ok though I hope they are here,” Sehun said smiling.

“Are you pertaining to them or to her?” Kyungsoo teased. Sehun blushed before smiling and shrugging. Kris gave him a pat on the shoulder, smirking.

“It’s so obvious. Anyway, you might want to hurry in getting her before someone does,” Kris said. Sehun gave him a queer look.

“What do you mean?” Sehun asked. The eight guys looked at each other before Suho decided to take a move.

“Aigoo, let’s talk about that later! Aren’t you tired?” Suho said putting his arm around Sehun’s shoulder.

“I am but—“ Sehun was cut off when Tao had grabbed one of his bags while the others did the same thing with the other things he has brought.

“Then we should get you to your condominium first,” Suho smiled. Sehun just shrugged.

They loaded the car with Sehun’s things first before they got in. Kris took the driver’s seat and they immediately drove off as soon as everyone had settled down.

“Your condo?” Kris asked from the rear view mirror as Sehun sat with the others at the backseats.

“Yup,” Sehun replied and Kris drove off to where Sehun said.

Sehun’s POV

It’s been months since I’ve left and nothing much changed, though a few months since I visited for a couple of days for my birthday. Seoul’s still the same like how my friends didn’t change that much either. Though they got a little weirder, I guess. Just joking. I’ve missed them, that’s the truth but like what they said, I also missed her.

I have the urge to go to her house first and surprise her but decided not to. I want to surprise her tomorrow morning in school. If you’re wondering if I’m back for good, I’m not sure. I’m just sure that I might take a little vacation here but if you ask me, I’d like to stay for good. I asked permission from my parents if I could study while doing what they asked me to do and luckily they allowed me.

“So maknae,” Kyungsoo hyung asked. “Are you here for good?”

“Uhm, maybe, maybe not. It’s still tentative but I would love to stay,” I smiled.

“That’s obvious since your Hyomi is here,” Tao hyung said smirking. It was too obvious to deny so I just smiled and nodded.

“Are you sure she’s the one?” Jongdae hyung asked and I nodded. I’m pretty sure she’s the one for me. It’s just that I don’t know if she likes or rather loves me back.

“Yeah, I believe she’s the one,” I replied. They smiled sheepishly.

“Aigoo, I can’t believe our maknae would get married first than his hyungs,” Minseok hyung said and I just shook my head with a smirk.

“Then are you returning to school?” Kai asked.

“Yup,” I said.

“That’s great! You’ll be seeing Hyomi then but aren’t you supposed to visit her first?” Kyungsoo hyung asked.

“I know but I want to surprise her tomorrow,” I said.

“What? You’re throwing a comeback party?” Kris hyung said making the others laugh.

“Of course not. I’m actually thinking of picking her up in her house or something,” I said shrugging.

“Have you enrolled?” Suho hyung asked.

“Yup. Everything was fixed even before I came today,” I said.

“Oh,” they said.

“You’re in my class, right?” Kai asked.

“Yup, where else would I be?” I asked laughing. Kai smirked.

“I bet Hyomi would be so happy,” Minseok hyung said.

“How’d you know?” I asked.

“First, because she’s your best friend so it’s just a given right? Second, she always turns happy when we talk about you. Third, because we believe that,” Minseok hyung paused looking at the others. I looked at them. I already felt something’s wrong.

“Believe what?” I asked.

“We believe that she really missed you,” Suho hyung finished smiling. It made me smile however, my thoughts was suddenly filled of how she lived for the months I’ve been away. For sure, she didn’t tell everything to them even though she’s close to them.

The rest of the ride was noisy since we all tried to catch up and everything. When we got to my condominium, we all brought my things in and had some drinks and just talked. Throughout though, I can’t help but to think about Hyomi and what she was doing at that moment. If she’s thinking about me or if she’s missing me like how much I misses her. A small smile reached my lips. Hyomi, I can’t wait to see you.

Hyomi’s POV

That voice, why is it familiar?

“A-Aron?” Aron?

“Yo,” it’s him!

“Aron? Is that you? What are you doing here?” I asked baffled.

“Yeah, it’s me but we have no time, we need to get you guys out here. The police are coming soon so you don’t have to worry,” Aron said. Seconds later, I felt someone helping me stand though I still held Daehyun’s hand. I felt my legs wobbly. I’ve been sitting there for minutes already so it was no doubt. As soon as I was a little bit stable, Daehyun had let go my hand.

“Bring her to safety. My friends need me,” Daehyun said.

“Are you crazy?! You already got hit at the back!” Aron said.

“I’m ok. Don’t worry about me. All that matters is for Hyomi to be safe. Don’t let her remove her blindfold unless she’s out of this place,” Daehyun said. I was so confused that time that I had kept quiet. The tears involuntarily fall again. Why is he suddenly nice to me? He’s so confusing.

“I know I couldn’t stop you so take care,” Aron said before I felt him leading me somewhere.

“Wait, Daehyun, where is he?” I asked.

“He’s stubborn and went back to fight,” Aron said. “Stop talking first because someone might catch us,” Aron said. I just obeyed him though I felt so worried. I kept on thinking why Daehyun insist on fighting when I’m sure he’s all beaten.

“I’m ok,” his words repeat and it made me mad because he kept on lying. He always lies and I hate him for that. Minutes later, we heard sirens and someone shouting ‘freeze.’ I as well froze on my spot as I let my head look around though I couldn’t see anything.

“At last, the police are here,” Aron sighed.

“A-Are you with the other four and how did you know I’m here?” I asked.

“Yes, they’re inside fighting and it doesn’t matter how we knew you’re here. But your oppa is also here,” he said making me surprised. “Let’s go,” he said before I could say a thing.

“HYOMI!” I heard someone shout and I’m sure that’s Baekhyun oppa. I felt someone embrace me that made me cry more. “Are you ok?” He asked. I nodded though tears were flowing nonstop.

“Oppa, BAP, they need help,” I said sobbing.

“The police had already helped them,” he said.

“We’ll see each other soon! I promise you that!” I heard the voice who had been threatening us a while ago shout.

“Let’s go so you could remove your blindfold. I could not possibly let you see what’s happening,” Baekhyun oppa said and lead me to somewhere. As we walked, we heard several voices shouting which caught my attention.

“Daehyun!” I turned to the direction where I heard it and was about to remove the handkerchief when I remembered what Jongup told me as well as Daehyun. I bit my lower lip. I don’t want to disappoint them after all they’ve suffered.

“I’ll go help them,” Aron said before leaving.

“What happened?” I asked. I could feel dizziness already and a staggering pain on my legs and cheeks. I tried to fight it but I don’t know until when I could. During these times, I had to accept I weren’t a strong girl unlike how I show people.

“He fainted but he’s being brought to the hospital, you—“ But before he could finish, I -out.

No One’s POV

Hyomi slowly opened her eyes and a white ceiling was the first thing she saw. Feeling someone holding her hand, she turned and saw her oppa sleeping with his head on the table while sitting on a chair. Slowly, she withdrew her hand and tried to sit without waking Baekhyun but failed as the latter immediately stirred from his sleep.

“Hyomi?” Baekhyun said as he rubbed his eyes.

“N-Neh,” Hyomi stuttered. She felt sorry because she failed in keeping her promise of not causing trouble and to not worry him. It’s not like she’s at fault. It’s just like how she thinks that sometimes she hates herself for.

“At last you’re awake,” Baekhyun said sighing. Hyomi avoided his gaze and looked down on her lap. She couldn’t look straight at him though she tried.

“M-Mianhae, oppa. I failed you—“

“Ssh, it’s ok. It’s not your fault so stop apologizing. It’s my fault for not telling you earlier about them,” Baekhyun said.

“About what?” Hyomi asked. “Is it the one you couldn’t tell me before?” Hyomi waited for an answer until he slowly nodded.

“Sorry for not telling you. I don’t know how. I also don’t want to ruin their image by telling you about it. That’s why I just told you to stay away from them,” Baekhyun said, feeling a burden off his chest. Hyomi felt thankful because even though he didn’t like them, he still though about their image. That moment, Hyomi felt happier knowing she had him as her cousin. Hyomi, with all the strength she has pulled Baekhyun to a hug.

“Thank you oppa, thank you,” Hyomi said. “Sorry also for not trusting you at first,” she continued.

“Sorry for not telling you either and let you feel untrustworthy.” Baekhyun said. They moved apart after a minute and gave each other warm smiles. “Do you like something?” Baekhyun asked standing. Hyomi shook her head. The first thing she wanted when she woke up was to know how Daehyun is.

“Daehyun, how is he?” Hyomi asked. She didn’t know why she had cared for him suddenly. Maybe because of gratitude or because she knew Daehyun was badly hurt.

“He’s still unconscious but he’s ok. He should be awake by now, too. You’ve been sleeping for more than eight hours already,” Baekhyun said shrugging.

“What?” Hyomi’s eyes immediately looked for the wall clock only to be surprised that it was already past midnight. “We have school tomorrow. How’s that?” Hyomi asked.

“Luhan hyung and Chanyeol already went back and would do all the discussion with our teachers. Aigoo, how could you even think of school when you’re hurt?” Baekhyun shook his head in amazement.

“Sorry,” Hyomi felt her cheeks flush pink from embarrassment though there was actually nothing to be ashamed of. Baekhyun giggled. “How about the other BAP members and my best friends?” Hyomi asked.

“BAP besides Daehyun is already doing well. Himchan injured his arm but it was nothing major so he should be ok in a few days. Your best friends, well, they’re not harmed since the police came immediately,” Baekhyun said making Hyomi feel a little relaxed.

“Could I see,” Hyomi hesitated since Baekhyun might take it different from her perspective. “Daehyun?” She continued. Baekhyun chuckled at how Hyomi turned pink but also worried because Hyomi might be developing some feelings for Daehyun already.

“Yeah, sure. Wait here until I get a wheelchair,” Baekhyun said. Baekhyun returned after a few minutes and helped Hyomi to seat on the wheelchair. Hyomi could still feel a little pain on her leg but it wasn’t something to be bothered with. Baekhyun pushed the wheelchair towards Daehyun’s room which is just a few doors away.  When they reached the room’s door, they softly knocked before opening it.

They were careful not to disturb BAP if ever they’re sleeping since it’s already past twelve. To their surprise, they all awake except for Daehyun. In a fast movement, Jongup wore his mask.

“Hyomi, hyung,” Zelo said.

“Are you ok?” Jongup asked approaching her. His fist clenched seeing Hyomi’s scarred cheeks. Hyomi nodded with a small smile.

“I’m alright. How about you guys?” Hyomi asked not aware how BAP was so worried and apologetic towards her.

“We’re ok. You don’t have to worry about us. Daehyun,” Yongguk looked at Daehyun and sighed before turning to Hyomi. “He’s alright. He already woke up a while ago but went to sleep since he needs it,” Yongguk said and smiled. Hyomi smiled back.

“That’s good to hear. Sorry if you—“

“What are you saying sorry for?” Himchan said. “We’re the one who’s supposed to be sorry. Look, you’re beautiful face’s scarred,” Himchan pouted.

“I-It’s ok. It’ll heal soon,” Hyomi smiled. She felt fluttered on the comment but she felt awkward hearing it.

“Hyung, sorry we caused her harm,” Youngjae said. Hyomi tilted her head to look at Baekhyun. She was wondering if he already told them that they’re cousins or not. It still baffles her, what Zelo said on their way to Himchan’s family house.

“I couldn’t do anything about it. It already happened. Could I just have a word with Yongguk hyung?” Baekhyun asked turning to look at Yongguk who nodded immediately. Baekhyun leaned down to reach Hyomi’s ear before whispering, “I’ll be back.” Hyomi nodded and watched the two walk out the room and close the door.

Hyomi gazed at the other four members who stared back at her. She smiled at them.

“Why are you looking at me like that? It’s creepy,” Hyomi tried to crack a joke but the other four still had the same look. “I’m ok and if you’re thinking that I’m mad, well, I was at first but thought I’m not in place to get mad, so yeah, it’s ok,” Hyomi assured them.

“We placed you in danger and you’re not mad?” Himchan asked. Hyomi shook her head.

“You didn’t want that to happen, right?” Hyomi asked and the other four nodded. “Then it’s not your fault so I’m not mad,” Hyomi smiled.

“But you still got hurt and—“

“Do you want me to get mad then?” Hyomi asked.

“Of course not,” they replied.

“Then stop asking,” Hyomi said. The four sighed.

“Ok but let us do something for you,” Himchan insisted.

“No need—“

“Please?” Zelo asked. Hyomi, looking at Zelo’s pleading eyes, can’t afford to say no. The other three also had the same pleading look but Zelo looked more pleasing.

“Are you sure?” Hyomi asked, unsure if it’s the right thing to say yes to them.

“Yeah. We would feel more relieved that way,” Youngjae said. Hyomi sighed. She thought for a while until something popped up in her mind. She smiled before facing them.

“Ok then. I could ask anything, right?” Hyomi asked and they nodded. “Could you act like normal students in school?” The four looked at each other.

“We are, don’t we? Do we look like creepers in school?” Himchan asked.

“No! Not that. I’m asking if you could join the whole campus during break times and not wear your masks around the school,” Hyomi said.

“Anything but that,” Himchan shook his head. Hyomi pouted.

“That’s the only thing I like to ask of you,” Hyomi said. The four exchanged looks before Yongguk and Baekhyun entered the room.

“Hyung, Hyomi is asking if we could remove our masks in school and join them during break time,” Youngjae asked.

“Sure. The least we could to for her,” Yongguk smiled. Hyomi smiled in delight while the other four ws surprised.

“Jeongmal? Thank you!” Hyomi couldn’t measure how happy she was that moment.

“The gangsters are already caught by the police so I think there is no use of hiding behind those masks,” Yongguk shrugged.

Daehyun, however, twitched hearing what Yongguk had said. He was awake all the time. He’s awake even before Hyomi came and all BAP knew that. They were just surprised that Daehyun closed his eyes when Hyomi and Baekhyun came. It’s not like he has something to keep anymore. It’s just that he has some other plans, plans he doesn’t know yet.

They talked for a while about their plans. They agreed to attend school when everyone is already doing well. As for Baekhyun, he will attend school the day after tomorrow. Though they would go home early tomorrow morning, they couldn’t afford to go to school with scarred faces. Not at least when their wounds are still fresh. After half an hour of talking, Hyomi and Baekhyun left to go back to their rooms and called it for the night.

Baekhyun though watched Hyomi as she slept. He grabbed his phone and looked at the messages he’d received. A few were from Luhan and Chanyeol while some were from the other members and lastly, messages from Sehun. He opened Luhan and Chanyeol’s messages first.

Both messages were asking if Hyomi’s already awake and if she’s ok. They also asked how BAP are. He replied them saying they’re alright and they would be going home tomorrow morning. They also thanked them in advance for helping them to tell the teachers why they’re absent.

He next replied to the messages of the other members that were mainly asking where he is. He couldn’t say they’re in the hospital so he just said that he’s out of town with Hyomi but would return the next morning. As for Sehun, the message was a little bit long.

Hyung, where are you? I tried calling but you’re not picking up. Anyway, please don’t tell Hyomi I’m back. I want to surprise her. You’re going to school tomorrow right? I’ll see you both then :) – Sehun

Baekhyun sighed. He needs to lie so that Sehun wouldn’t worry and he knows the Hyomi also didn’t want for Sehun to find out that she’s in the hospital.

I’m out of town. Sorry but we couldn’t attend school tomorrow. Tuesday, we’ll see you then? – Baekhyun

Sighing, Baekhyun kept his phone in his pockets and went off to sleep.

The next morning, they got in Himchan’s car. This time, they had a driver. Daehyun avoided Hyomi as much as possible. He doesn’t know how to face her because of the growing feeling inside of him. He’s afraid of falling in love especially to Hyomi who already has a boyfriend and to mention that many of his friends also liked her. Daehyun tried his best to think that he hates Hyomi and forever would but his heart said otherwise.

In the car, Hyomi sat beside Baekhyun and Yongguk. The other four sat at the back seats while Himchan sat at the passenger’s seat. The car ride was quiet. Hyomi would sometimes look at the rear view mirror to check on Daehyun who sat at the back but would quickly look away when Daehyun looked at the rear view mirror as well. Their eyes still met though they both happened to look at the same time but neither broke it. It’s as if they’re talking through their eyes.

Himchan, who happened to look at the rear view mirror to check why it was quiet at the back, saw how the two stared at each other’s eyes. He was surprised at first since the last time they were fighting like a cat and dog. He smirked.

“I knew it. They would fall for each other in a way or another,” Himchan sighed.

The four hours long ride ended when they got to Hyomi’s house and dropped her and Baekhyun there.

“Thank you,” Hyomi bowed while Baekhyun assisted her.

“We’ll see each other then tomorrow, maybe?” Himchan said smiling. Hyomi nodded.

“Yeah, hopefully,” Hyomi smiled. “Don’t forget your promise, ok?” Hyomi said and they nodded except for Jongup and Daehyun. Jongup just smiled while Daehyun ignored her. The car’s door closed and they drove off. They then entered their house and decided to take a bath first since they’ve been feeling sticky and dirty since yesterday.

After Hyomi took a hot shower, she went straight to bed stared at the ceiling recalling all the happened the other day. The way BAP bonded with her and how they tried to protect her. How disgusted she got with the thugs and how Daehyun made everything felt alright. Daehyun, he’s been a puzzle to her lately. The looks she gave her, the way he held her so tight. She didn’t want to give meaning to it but she couldn’t just ignore it. She knew how they were not doing well with each other so why is he like that? She sighed and turned to look at her desk where three picture frames stood. One of those is the picture from their beach vacation while the other two is her family picture and a picture with Sehun and a few friends back in Busan when Sehun visited. Softly, she smiled.

“It’s just nothing, Hyomi. He’s trying to make you fall for him so and hurt you afterwards. Wait. Why am I thinking that he’s making me fall for him?! Hyomi, snap out of it! You hate him, you hate him, you hate him!”


 

HI! Sorry for letting you wait! At last! Sehun's longest appearance! AHAHA! The drama about BAP is over so it means another drama will happen. You already probably know it, right? Ahaha. Please wait for it though. I LOVE YOU ALL! THANK YOU! Leave a comment! :)