Wishing Upon A Flower

Wishing Upon A Flower

A/N: I'll put songs for each chapter so I hope you won't mind. :)


Chapter 1 – Wishing Upon A Flower

Hyomi’s POV

I was walking alone at the park. It was freezing cold but it didn’t affect me at all because all I felt was pain. I walked with my hands in my pockets and my earphones in my ears. It was until I saw a ‘wish’ flower. I squinted my eyes at it as it was blown away by the wind. It was just a few weeks since my parents passed away. It wasn’t clear to me how they died but loosing the two most important people in my life was my nightmare.

I remembered what my best friend told me a few days ago before he needed to leave about the wish flower but that time, I didn’t want to believe anything hoping it was just a dream but now I’m slowly realizing that it was all real, it was reality, a reality I hoped wasn’t. We saw a wish flower that time and he caught it saying I should wish because everyone says that when a person wish to it, it would come true. I thought of it as some sort of ridiculous joke but now, I came to think that it won’t hurt if I try. I reached for it and held it in my closed hand. I slowly opened my hand and stared at the little white flower.

“What are you really? Is it true that when I wish to you, it would come true?” I thought. I sighed as I closed my eyes, putting my clasped hands near my lips. “It won’t hurt if I try.” I then said my wish and after a little while, I opened my eyes then my hand and blew it, making sure it would fly up and not down because when it falls, then it means that my wish won’t come true, according to him. Luckily, it flew high. A small smile crept up my lips but it slowly fade as I looked down. I felt stupid on wishing on that flower but somehow, a little hope grew in me; a hope that someone would come and rescue me in this dreadful life.

Daehyun’s POV

I went out to buy ingredients for our food tonight when I saw a girl staring blankly at space until I noticed the so-called wish flower. I smirked thinking if she believes the saying about it but when she reached for it and slowly closed her eyes, it made me laugh. Is she stupid to believe things like that? Oh my. I walked in the market with a smile on my lips still thinking of the dim-witted girl a while ago.

After getting all the ingredients listed on the piece of paper my mother gave me, I paid for it and went out the market. I turned to the place where the girl a while ago stood and she wasn’t there already. How could she believe on that saying? It’s not true. Not at all. My hands clenched thinking of it. I gulped before letting out a loud sigh. I shook my head as I convinced myself once again that it was all the past and I should forget about it.

I walked away, putting my earphones in my ears.

“What a girl.” I let out a short chuckle out my mouth as I walk back to my house. As soon as I got back, I removed my shoes then my mouth mask.

“Mom, I’m home!” I shouted as I walked in the kitchen and I placed the ingredients on the table. She turned to me with a smile.

“Thank you Daehyunie. I don’t know what I’ll do without you.” She said and a small smile crept up my lips.

“I also don’t know what to do without you, mom.” I said and hugged her.

“Aigoo. How sweet of you.” She said pinching my cheeks and I chuckled.

“I couldn’t resist being sweet when I’m in front of you mom.” I said and she smiled.

“Araso, araso. Go fix your things for tomorrow. Remember, school starts tomorrow.” She said and I nodded, kissing her on the cheeks before going up my room. I walked in my room and sat on the chair of my study table. My eyes shifted to the picture frame standing beside my computer monitor and I sighed.

Up ‘til now, I still don’t want to accept that my father left us for another woman so I convinced myself that he would comeback someday and realize that he loves us more than anyone else. But that day didn’t come. Years passed without me hearing anything from him and it pains me inside. I just tried to forget about it and bury it in the past but sometimes I can’t help from hoping that our family would be complete again one day.

Hyomi’s POV

My alarm started ringing that woke me up from my sleep. I rubbed my eyes as I got off my bed. I felt so lazy to go to school today but since it’s the first day and I’m a new student, I can’t afford to miss it. I carried my feet to the bathroom and washed up. After, I wore my school uniform and tie my hair to a ponytail. I then wore my eyeglasses and grabbed my bag. I went down to the dining room and found my auntie placing a plate of pancake on the table and her son eating and her husband reading a newspaper while drinking a cup of coffee. After noticing me, she looked up and gave me a smile.

“Breakfast ready.” She smiled and I nodded sitting. I started eating when my cousin looked up to me.

“You’ll like it there.” He said. I shrugged. He pouted. “Don’t act cold to them, ok?” He said and I shrugged again.

“I’ll try.” I said and he heave out a sigh.

“Just let her be, son, uhm?” My auntie said and he reluctantly nodded.

“I’m sure she’ll get over it as time goes by. Don’t trap yourself in the past, Hyomi, ok? Do it for you parents.” My uncle said and I reluctantly nodded. I took one last bite from my food and stood up bowing.

“I’ll go ahead now. Thank you for the meal.” I said bowing before walking out the dining room. I stopped as I got out the dining room and sighed. I held in the tears that was about to fall and quickly walked out the house.

“Hyomi, wait for me!” I heard my cousin, Baekhyun oppa, shout. I didn’t stop walking until he caught up with me and walked by my side. We walked to the bus station and waited for our bus to come. “Don’t forget I’m always here, ok?” Baekhyun said out of the blue and I nodded looking down.

“Sorry. I’m such a burden.” I muttered.

“You’re not. I’m actually happy having my best friend dash cousin staying with us though it happened because of something depressing.” He said his voice getting softer as he ended, and a small smile came to my lips.

“Thank you.” I said and he ruffled my hair.

“Anything for you.” He smiled and I smiled back. Just then, the bus we were waiting for came and we rode in, taking the seats at the third to the last row where it was the only unoccupied seats.

Daehyun’s POV

I caught up with the closing door of the bus and got in. I panted as I looked around for a seat until I saw the girl from yesterday. A smirk formed on my lips until I noticed the uniform she was wearing. It was the same as the uniform the girls in our school wear so I think she’s also going to the same school as I. But my attention was suddenly caught by the guy beside her. My nose scrunched up as I saw one of our group’s school rival. What the heck is she doing with him? Doesn’t she know that that guy is a bastard? Oh gosh. She’s not only dim-witted but also an easy-to-get girl. I just looked away as I hold onto the pole since there were no available seats.

Once in a while, I glance at her. I wasn’t able to see her face yesterday but now that I see her, she’s pretty but the thing is, she’s a dim-wit and my new discovery, an easy-to-get girl. I shook my head as I was in disbelief on what I’m saying right now. I waited until the bus stopped and I went down. I walked ahead and other girl students started greeting me.

“Good morning oppa~”

“Oh, hi oppa~!”

I just bow because smiling won’t do since they won’t be seeing it and it wasn’t my attitude to smile to others besides my friends and my mom. I looked back to find them walk right behind me. I suddenly met eyes with her so I quickly looked away. I felt my cheeks turn warm with the sudden contact. I shook the thought away. It’s because I’m not used with eye contacts. Yeah, that’s the reason.

Hyomi’s POV

Baekhyun oppa and I went down the bus and walked to our school since it was just the only way and also it was just a ten-minute walk from where we got off. We were walking with other students also wearing the same uniform glance at us as Baekhyun oppa just waves at them and the girls start to squeal that made me smirk.

“I see, you’re popular here, huh?” I said and he proudly nodded.

“Yeah. You know that I’m in a dance crew in our school right, and they’re basically our fans.” He said and I made an ‘o’ with my mouth. It was until I met eyes with a guy with a mouth mask but he quickly looked away. I was surprised yet curious as to why he was wearing a mask. I could tell that he’s also attending the school same as mine as he was wearing the same uniform as Baekhyun oppa.

“Oppa, why is he wearing a mask? Do you know him?” I asked and he shifted his gaze to where I’m looking. His look turned to a glare before he scoffed.

“Don’t mind him. He’s just a weirdo, like his other friends.” He said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Are you two enemies?” I asked and he nodded.

“Yeah, our group’s rival, and they’re jerks.” He said and it made me laugh.

“So childish oppa.” I said.

“Childish? Bwoh?!” He said and I just shrugged.

“Let’s go before we get late.” I said as I walked with a faster pace and he also did as he walked beside me with his eyebrows meeting in the middle. I face him and pushed his eyebrows away from each other. “As what I remember, you were telling me to not act cold to the other students but now you are pouting. Do you want to lose your fans?” He thought before shaking his head side wards. “Then smile! It’s the first day of school!” I said and he smiled.

“Araso.” He said as he put his arm over my shoulder but I moved it away and he started throwing tantrums again. I sighed at how my cousin gets too childish, like how he is now and because of this, I find this school year a little interesting. I hope I thought right. ‘Mom, Dad, guide me through this school year, please?’ I thought as I glance up to the sky and slowly smiled.


YEY~! First chapter up! How is it? This might be a little short but I'll make the other chapters longer, if I can. I'll update as soon as I could so please wait for it! Thank you! 

Oh, is the font and font size ok? 

Read, Comment, Subscribe! <3