When They Get Curious

Wishing Upon A Flower

Not One But Two


Chapter 5 – When They Get Curious

Hyomi’s “POV

I woke one Saturday morning with the sun light beaming on my face. I blocked the light as I sat up and open my eyes. I groaned. I felt my head ache since I slept late last night. I turned to look at the clock and it read ten o’clock. I got out of my bed and walked out my room to wash up.

I walked to the bathroom on the second floor and brushed my teeth and washed my face. After, I dried my face with a towel and walked out, only to meet Baekhyun oppa. I tried to avoid his gaze as I walked past him but he stopped me by holding my hand.

“Are we going to be like this?” He said. The way said it sounds as if we’re together, and I know you know what I meant. This guy is weird sometimes.

“I got something to do so can you please let go of my hand?” I said ignoring his question as I tried to pull my hand away.

“No until you answer my question.” He said sternly. I sighed and looked at him. “Are you still mad? Tell me. It’s been almost a week, Hyomi and you act as if you don’t know me.” He said.

That made me thought back. He’s right. It’s been almost a week. The first week of school passed by, somehow, normally. The constant glares and looks from the students were like natural to me already. If it’s because of Baekhyun oppa on the first day, the following days would be mostly because of Jongup but he would usually protect me from the girls who obviously tried killing me with their glares and words. I don’t know why though and I don’t bother asking.

Some of Baekhyun oppa’s friends would usually come to me and ask me to join them but I refuse and join Ah Neul instead. It’s not that I don’t want to join them. I’m just trying to stay out of trouble. There was one time when one of the queenkas talked to me about being close to the BAP and EXO guys.

Flashback

I was walking back to the room from the library with Ah Neul during break time when a group of girls blocked my way. I looked up and I recognized them immediately since Ah Neul told me who they were. Ah Neul stood beside me as she held my arm.

“Let’s go.” She whispered but I don’t think they would just let us go that easily until they get what they want. So I looked at them.

“Uhm?” I uttered bluntly. One of the girls smirked.

“You know us?” I nodded. Of course, I know you, the y girls of the school. “Good. You better do. But anyways, that’s not what we’re here for. We want you, Yoo Hyomi, to stay away from our BAP and EXO oppas. You’re ruining their reputation. You get what I mean?” She said and I grunted. Ruining their reputation? I’m not even doing anything. It’s not even my plan for the first place to act like Baekhyun oppa’s girlfriend.

And yes. They don’t know I’m his cousin and so they just think of me as a girl who Baekhyun oppa played and dumped after. I don’t know why but I think it’s because he’s known to be a playboy but I know he’s not because for sure, I know him more than any of them, and as far as I know, he’s a person who cares for people and don’t break others heart easily. He didn’t even have one girlfriend yet.

“Now, you understand?” She said and I just nodded. I’m not in the mood to argue with them and I’m going to be late for class if I did. “Good.” She smiled.

“Can we go now?” I asked.

“Sure, but remember, we have our eyes on you.” She smirked as she flipped her hair and walked away with her friends following her behind. I rolled my eyes as they get out of my sight.

“Why did you just allow them to say and act like that to you? I’m sure the BAP and EXO guys would be mad if they found out about that.” Ah Neul said.

“It’s if you tell them. Besides, I’m not in the mood and it’s better to stay out of trouble since I’m a new student.” I shrugged.

“Ok. Fine. I have my mouth shut for it.” She said and I smiled.

“Let’s go. Those girls wasted our time.” I said and she laughed.

End of Flashback

After that time, the queenkas had kept their word. It’s as if they want to burn a whole on me everytime they look at me. Jongup would usually notice it and wave at them just for their attention to be on him and not on me. He explained that it’s the only way he could think of just so those girls would stop on eyeing me. I asked him why he’s like that towards me but he would just shrug and casually answer.

“I just want to be your friend.” He would reply. I just shrug. Baekhyun oppa spoke snapping me out of my thoughts.

“So?” He said. “Are you still mad? I already allowed you to be close with that...” I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

“That what?” I said. The last time he called Jongup, he said no eyes since when he smiles, we could barely see his eyes.

“that Jongup guy.” He blurted. It made me chuckle somehow.

“I’m not mad but I’m still disappointed on how you act. It’s just that it’s as if it’s not you. You get me?” I said and he slowly released my hand.

“I know but I’m doing it for your—“

“I could take care of myself, oppa. I’ve gone through so many things already for me not to be able to stand up for myself. Don’t worry about me. It’s also better that way in school. At least no one would pester us about our relationship and all.” I said and it was quiet after until he sighed.

“Ok. Fine. But we’re ok now, right?” He said and I nodded. I was taken aback when he hugged me.

“Whoah. You’re hugging me…pretty tight.” I said. He then let go and smiled.

“I’ll catch up with you. Let’s go out today?” He said and I thought for a while.

“Maybe tomorrow? I have somewhere to go today.” I said.

“I’ll just come with you.” He said.

“No. You do your own things.” I said and turned my back on him.

“Yah! Are you going to meet those guys?!” He said running to me.

“Of course not. Aish. There you go again oppa.” I said.

“Ok. Sorry. Fine. Clear your schedule tomorrow, ok? We’ll go somewhere.” He grinned and I nodded.

“Sure.” I said and I went back in my room.

I changed to a pair of jeans, white shirt and got me necessities before walking out my room. I went down the stairs and found Baekhyun oppa watching TV while eating.

“Take care.” He smiled and I nodded, smiling back.

“I’ll be back before dinner. Bye.” I said and walked out the house. I breathe in the fresh morning air. Like usual, I plugged in my earphones and walked to the bus stop.

It’s been almost three weeks since my parents died and I think visiting them today is the best thing to do on a bright sunny day. I got in the bus and got down on my stop. It took me about an hour to reach there. I held myself back from crying as I slowly walk towards my parents’ grave. I kneeled and brushed the dirt covering their names. I placed the flowers I bought between their graves and fainly smiled.

“How are you, omma, appa? I’m sure you’re happy living in heaven. I miss you.” I said and the tears just fell from my eyes. “Sorry. I know you don’t want me crying but I just can’t help it. I just miss you.” I said crying. I wiped the tears away and stayed a little longer, telling them stories of what happened for the past few days.

After half an hour, I left and decided to wonder around the streets of Seoul. I ate at a fast food for lunch and strolled around after. I have been having my pleasure time until a group of I think high school boys approached me and I know it’s not going to be good. I tried glaring at them but it didn’t do anything. I tried walking away but they keep on blocking my way.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“We just want to know you more, beautiful.” One guy said and it disgusted. I was already praying for someone to save and I was surprised when someone did come, and it was no other than the mysterious masked-boy.

“What do you kiddos think you’re doing?” He said. I looked at him and he mouthed something. I wasn’t able to get it so I just stared at him.

“How dare you call us kiddos, kiddo?” One of them said and stepped closer to the masked-boy. “And who are you? Don’t you know us?” He said.

“It doesn’t matter who I am. You’re hitting on a girl plus you’re in a public place yet you’re acting like that.” He said.

“Why? Are you her boyfriend?” I was taken aback with what he said. He’s definitely not my boyfriend! “Is he your boyfriend?” They asked me. I looked at the guy obviously asking for help. I didn’t want to talk because I might just get the situation worse.

“He’s…” I said but he immediately cut me off.

“Just back off, will you?” He said and unexpectedly grabbed my hand and pulled me to his side. I felt some sort of butterflies in my stomach and I’m not sure why. They glared at the masked-boy and one of them held my other wrist. I tried yanking his hands but he held me tight.

“You’re not her boyfriend so it’s you who better back off.” One of the boys said. The masked-boy sighed out loud.

“You…do you know who’re you messing with?” He said and they smirked.

“A guy who’s nothing compare to us?” One said and the others started laughing.

“You’re messing with…” He leaned near to his ear and whispered. I was curious to what he said but I kept it to myself. He moved away after and they stared at us surprised. In my surprise they bowed.

“Sorry. We’ll be leaving now!” They said and scurried away. I raised an eyebrow at them. What did this guy said to them to scare them like that?

“And they’re not kiddos?” I heard him say.

“Uhm…My…” I said as he was still holding my hand. He immediately let go and walked away so I ran after him. I suppose I need to thank him, right? He then turned to me.

“Don’t go to areas like this ever again, you hear me?” He said and uttered something that I wasn’t able to understand. Is he concerned or is he just irritated? I didn’t even ask him to help me! I mean, I didn’t ask him personally or what. I didn’t even expect him to help me.

“Yah! I’m just going to say thank you.” I said but he just walked away raising his hand up and putting it down after. I breathe out through my mouth creating small smoke. This guy… I didn’t know he’s that arrogant. Aish.

I strode away and rode the bus back.

Monday came. I got ready to school and like any other days, I went with Baekhyun oppa again since our argument was settled. The same stares went back again and I just ignored it, like always.

“Don’t tell me they’re back together?” We heard one say. I smirked with it and Baekhyun oppa noticed it.

“Should we go back to acting—“ I gave him a glare and he grinned. “I’m just joking. But promise me one thing. If someone hurts you, tell me, ok? We’re not going to tell anyone about our real relationship but remember what I told you. And about the BAP guys—“

“Yes, I know. I understand all of it oppa.” I said nodding my head.

“Good. I’ll drop you off to your room?” He asked and I shook my head.

“I’m good. People might think we’re really together again.” I laughed and he nodded.

“I’ll see you on break then?” He said and I thought.

“I’ll try. I’ll just go to your table if ever I’ll join you guys.” I said and he pouted.

“Join us, ok? The guys’ misses you a lot already.” He said and I nodded.

“I’ll try. See you later! Bye!” I ran to my room before he could say anything more.

“Yah!” I heard him shout but I just looked back smiled.

Upon entering the room, my classmates turned to me and I raised an eyebrow. What’s their problem? I walked to my seat and sat down.

“Good morning!” Ah Neul greeted.

“Heyyo.” Jongup greeted and I just smiled back.

“Good morning but what’s with the stares they’re giving? Is it because I came with Baekhyun sunbaenim again?” I said and they nodded. In school, I call him sunbaenim but in front of Ah Neul and the EXO guys, I call him oppa.

“Most likely.” Ah Neul answered.

“Are you two back together?” Jongup asked curiously as he leaned to my seat.

“Of course not. We’re just friends.” I said and they made an ‘o’ with their mouths.

“I’ll be back. I’ll just get something from my locker.” Jongup said and left. Just then a hand landed on my table that surprised me. When I looked up, I saw one of the queenkas. I mentally face palmed myself. I knew exactly why she's here. Gossips do spread like wild fire.

“Didn’t we warn you—“

“We’re just friends. You don’t need to be threatened, ok?” I said straight to the point. I’m already tired arguing with them.

“Why, you…” She raised an arm and I waited for a hand to land on my cheeks but nothing came.

“Y-Youngjae s-sunbae” Ah Neul said.

“W-What?” I stuttered. When I looked up, I saw a blonde guy with a yellow mask. I blinked, surprised.

“That’s not proper, Jang Somi.” He said as he let go of Somi’s hand. Somi froze on her position but she gave me a death glare before turning to the Youngjae guy. She showed her ever annoying smile.

“Hi Youngjae oppa!” She greeted but Youngjae barely gave any attention to her as he turned to us.

“Where’s Jongup?” He asked.

“He’s—“

“Hyung!” Jongup came and slung his arm over Youngjae. “Oh, hi Somi!” Jongup greeted. Somi obviously blushed and waved back.

“Good morning oppa!” She replied and I swear, I could see the disgust on Youngjae’s face and it made me chuckle.

Jongup then looked at Somi then to me and Ah Neul then back to Youngjae. “Did I miss something?” He asked.

“You left your notebook. Here.” Youngjae gave him his notebook.

“Oh! There is it! Thanks hyung! I’ve been looking for it. Where did you get it?” He asked scanning through his notebook.

“Doesn’t matter. I’ll be leaving now.” He said and we gave him a bow except for Jongup who just waved at him.

“T-Thanks.” I uttered but I pretty sure he didn’t hear it already.

“I’ll be going now oppa. I’ll see you around?” She said in her flirtish voice.

“Uh, yeah, sure.” Jongup said and Somi walked out the room after giving her a cheeky smile. As she turned her back on me, I pretended to puke and Ah Neul and Jongup noticed it and laughed. “I saw that.” Jongup said and I smirked.

“Sure you did.” I said. He smirked before settling down on his seat.

The bell then rang and our teacher came in. We stood up and greeted then the class begun. Our teacher discussed a few things before asking us to get our books out and answer an activity. I opened my bag to get my book when I noticed a handkerchief lying on top of my notebooks. I got it and stared at it for a while until I remembered to whom it belongs to. I got it and looked back at Jongup.

“Hey.” I called and he looked up from his book. “Can you do me a favor?” I asked and he nodded.

“Sure. What is it?” He asked.

“Please return this to your…” I scratch my head trying to remember the name but instead called him with a different term. “…your white-masked friend. He dropped it last time.” I said. He raised an eyebrow before getting it.

“Sure but why is it with you?” He asked.

“I just happened to…meet him and he dropped. Please say thank you also to him. Thank you.” I said before turning in front and begin answering our book activity.

Jongup’s POV

I was answering the book activity given to us when I Hyomi called my attention. I looked up from my book and waited for her to answer and when she said she’s asking for a favor, I agreed and ask what it was. I was surprised when I saw her handing me a familiar handkerchief. It was until she mentioned that it belongs to my white-masked friend that I remember whom it belongs. I giggled with her term but what I’m curious of is why it’s with her and how did they meet. Also, why would she say thank you to Daehyun hyung. Before I could say anything more, she turned her back on me and began with her book activity. Is there something I don’t know? I better ask hyung later. Yeah, I would.

I finished my activity in no time and had the urge to get out of class and go to the hang-out place but of course I cannot so I waited until the bell rang and we were allowed to leave. I immediately got up and walk out the room.

Youngjae’s POV

When the bell rang, I walked out the room with Daehyun hyung. We’re classmates while Yongguk and Himchan hyung are batchmates. Jongup and Zelo are the only ones who’re alone at their levels. We walked through the corridors with girl students greeting us and he just nod to them or simply ignore them. We made sure no one was following us before we made our way to our hang-out-slash-meeting place.

As soon as we got there, the four of them were already eating but when Jongup noticed us coming, he ran towards us, snatching Daehyun away from me and pulling him somewhere. I was pushed aside and I gave him a queer look.

“Sorry.” Jongup looked back at me but turned to Daehyun again who had an annoyed face on because of what Jongup did. I just walked to the three and sat down beside Himchan hyung.

“What’s up with him?” I asked and they shrugged.

“He’s been waiting for Daehyun hyung since he came.” Zelo said munching on a biscuit.

“You know what, that guy has been acting weird these past few days.” Himchan said pointing at Daehyun with a cracker.

“And that guy too,” Zelo said turning to Jongup. “He can’t possibly like that girl right?” He asked turning to us.

“Who knows?” I said and my thoughts went back to the happening this morning.

“I haven’t met her personally yet but I see her around,” Himchan hyung said. “She’s not bad.” He grinned earning a smack at the shoulder from Yongguk hyung.

“Not again Kim Himchan. Don’t put up a fight with the EXO guys, you hear me?” Yongguk scolded and Himchan sneered.

“Yeah, fine. But seriously! I think she’s nice.” Himchan hyung said.

“Yeah, I think she is.” I said that surprised them, and myself. I cleared my throat and tried to act normal. “Just saying.” I added.

“Yah, are you all falling for that girl?” Zelo pouted.

“No. I didn’t say I like her.” I said.

“You sound defensive Brainy.” Himchan hyung said ruffling my hair but I pushed his hand away.

“Am not. There’s nothing wrong complementing a person right? Besides, I only said that because I want you guys to know that Jongup was right.” I said and they smirked.

“Why? You met her already?” Yongguk hyung said and I nodded that made Zelo lean to me.

“Bwoh?! You did?! Yah! Hyung!” Zelo whined. Before I could respond, Daehyun and Jongup came and joined us.

“So what’s that about?” I said trying to change the topic but Zelo beat me to it.

“Don’t change the topic hyung!” Zelo said and I sighed.

“Easy kid. I just met her when I returned Jongup’s notebook. No big deal, ok?” I said and Himchan hissed.

“Ah, yeah. He returned my book earlier and yah, what happened a while ago? Why was Somi there?” Jongup asked.

“I don’t know.” I said and shrugged though I have a hint why. I also didn’t want to tell that I stopped Somi from slapping Hyomi because they might just give meaning to it.

“Yeah, yeah. If you say so.” Jongup rolled his eyes.

“And you two” Yongguk hyung said and Jongup obviously stiffened that made me smirk.

“Neh?” He asked.

“Are you keeping something from us?” Yongguk hyung asked. Daehyun just looked away as he rested his arms on the bleachers and leaned.

“It’s nothing hyung. Just,” Jongup slung an arm around Daehyun’s neck but was shoved away. “Asked something from hyung but it’s nothing important.--” Jongup said but received a handful of crackers in his mouth.

“Stop talking rubbish.” Himchan hyung said. Jongup tried talking but the words he’s saying was inaudible and we just laughed.

“Just eat lover boy.” I said smirking.


I've typed this chapter so I decided to update it already. I don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer since I've been doing it before. :)

Hello to my new subscribers! Please leave a comment! It would motivate me more! Thank you!

Read, Comment, Subscribe <3

*I noticed a mistake at the last chapter. The part where Daehyun said "See you tomorrow". It's supposed to be "See you on Monday" since they met on a Saturday afternoon. I just want to say that I already changed it.* :)