A Day Out With A Bunch Of Kids

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

Hey Girl by B1A4


Chapter 53 – A Day Out With A Bunch of Kids

Hyomi’s POV

“What are we going to do in the mall?” I asked as I stared up the huge mall in front of me; One of the biggest in South Korea that is.

“Go shopping?” Zelo said sarcastically. I pouted before softly punching Zelo on the arm.

“Of course I know what people do in the mall but really, we’re going to shop?” I asked as I didn’t expect them to be into shopping. Well, except for Himchan oppa. He’s a sort of fashionista.

“Yeah,” Himchan oppa said before stretching. “I really don’t have to but whatever. I want to spend some time with you,” he said smiling. I felt fluttered for some reason.

“What are you going to buy?” I asked curiously.

“Clothes for the Holiday Ball,” Yongguk oppa said and I made an ‘o’ with my mouth. But as far as I could remember, Ah Neul said that they don’t attend any winter balls in school.

“What brought you to attend this year’s ball? I heard you don’t like attending it,” I asked and they exchanged looks before Jongup pushed me in the mall.

“Let’s start now,” he said grinning.

“But—“

“Oh! Let’s go there first!” Zelo beamed running to a store that sells tuxedos. I sighed, shaking my head as a smile reach my lips. I agreed coming with them afterall. No turning back.

We entered store after store not really looking for clothes but instead, played around. I kept on laughing at them as they pulled pranks on each other. We were even asked to go out one store because we were too noisy. Throughout that though, I noticed how Daehyun freely laughed and smiled. He didn’t wear any mask that showed how handsome, I won’t deny that, he was. A smile unexpectedly drew on my lips but it quickly faded as he looked to my direction and I looked away. Don’t think of it as anything more. I don’t like him. I have Sehun oppa remember? I’m not a two timer. That’s a definite no.

After so many stores, Youngjae oppa had to use the toilet so he went to the washroom while we waited outside, not until Himchan oppa suggested something making us somewhat gag.

“PALLI!” He said as he urged us to go hide but it was late as we heard Youngjae oppa’s voice shout.

“YAH!” We all laughed while we ran but at some point, as I wasn’t looking at where I was going, I almost hit the wall but Jongup swiftly pulled me and I thanked him.

We stopped running after reaching a small corridor where an elevator is found. We leaned on the wall, breathing hard.

“That was fun,” Yongguk oppa said between his heavy breaths. I smiled, nodding.

“But won’t he be—“

“YAH!” We were startled as Youngjae oppa appeared at the entrance of the corridor. Without any way out, we just grinned. He glared at us but it was more like a playful one.

“Mianhae?” I said, smiling. He broke into a sigh.

“Be lucky Hyomi’s there or else,” he furrowed his eyebrows and Zelo stuck his tongue out on him earning him a smack on the back.

“Ow! HYUNG!” He whined and we just laughed.

We then started walking around again with no plans of where to go. Even so, that was the best part. We just enjoyed all that we see and make fun of ourselves. After hours of going around, finally, we felt hunger and decided to dine-in in a fast food.

Settling down, we talked about our orders and then Yongguk oppa and Himchan oppa went to order leaving the younger ones including me behind.

“So…” Youngjae oppa said looking at his watch. “We’ve been here for almost two hours and we haven’t bought something,” he said clicking his tongue after.

“Well, it was still fun, isn’t it?” Zelo said and I nodded.

“It was surely fun,” I smiled. I noticed how they exchanged looks so I looked at each one of them. “Are you hiding something from me?” I asked feeling as if something was really up and they plan to hide it.

“What? Nothing!” Jongup said sounding really defensive.

“Really? I don’t think so. Why are we really here?” I asked raising an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Uhm... Actually…” Youngjae oppa said and I waited for him to continue.

“THEY just want to hangout. That’s all. No buying or anything,” Daehyun said emphasizing the word ‘they’ that I couldn’t, how much I hate to say it, ignore. This arrogant guy. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“You should’ve just said so,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Sorry,” Zelo said rubbing his neck.

“It’s ok,” I smiled. It’s not a big deal to me. I promised to come anyway so wherever they want to hangout, it’ll be fine with me as long as I’m allowed to go to that place. It’s just that this one guy here happens to be ruining the moment.

“Does your cousin know? Or maybe Sehun-ssi?” Jongup asked.

“No? I didn’t tell them,” I said shrugging.

“What?” They said surprised except for Daehyun who just threw me a look.

“It’s ok. Trust me. I’m old enough anyway and it’s you guys I’m with. Not like you are strangers to me, right?” I said and they nodded, smiling.

“You have a point. Whatever,” Youngjae said and I smiled.

While waiting for Yongguk and Himchan oppa to come back, like the kids they were, Jongup and Zelo played. The one that you would be flicking the forehead of each other but you can’t show any signs you were hurt. I told them to not do it because it could be painful but they said they were experts to it. I have no choice but to let them. The other two didn’t even do anything.

The game began after a round of rock-paper-scissors to know who would start. Zelo flicked Jongup’s forehead and I swear I heard a sound after the maknae attacked his hyung’s forehead but the latter didn’t even show any facial expression besides a plain face. From the other end of the table where Daehyun sat, arms crossed in front of his chest, I heard someone laughing and it didn’t take me a second to recognize that it was Daehyun laughing. He’s the only one sitting there anyway.

I threw him a look and it’s as if he didn’t see me, I scoffed and planted my arms on the table. I wanted them to stop but I guess they don’t want to. I was surprised when I heard a yelp to see that…Jongup lost. I shook my head seeing how red and sore their foreheads looked. I gasped.

“I won. Bleh~” Zelo said sticking his tongue out.

“Are you ok?” I asked as I looked at Jongup and nodded, smiling.

“You know, I just let him win,” he said smugly. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah right,” I said.

Soon Yongguk and Himchan oppa came back with our orders. They placed down the trays and distributed the foods and we began to eat. It was a fun meal full of small talks and teasing. They told me how they were surprised to know Sehun and I got together. I pinked with it as their attention then was all at me. I shrugged and muttered a sorry. I’m lucky they didn’t ask anything about our relationship after that.

We stayed there for almost half an hour before we left looking around again before we decided to walk by the Han Gang Park before the sun sets. It might be a cliché but it’s really a nice sight to see before night comes.

Times like this, I felt so care free. We did what we felt like doing. We fooled around not thinking what others would think but made sure we’re still on the right place to do so and it is not wrong—well, the store-kick-out is an exemption; we didn’t do that intentionally, did we? We made fun of ourselves though it might be weird doing it. And ending our hangout like this couldn’t be anything better. Everything just felt perfect—or at least that what seems like to me. 

I breathe in the air after we decided to sit on the grassy area looking far of distance waiting for the sun to set. I used both my arms as support as I leaned on to it. The guys did the same, some lying with their palms as pillows while some sat crossed-legged.

“Uwa~” Zelo said, smiling. “This is daebak!” We softly chuckled but agreed with what he said. I just don’t know whether one of the guys with us did enjoy it. Well, he did say with full emphasis that THEY, Yongguk oppa, Himchan oppa, Youngjae oppa, Jongup and Zelo wants to hang-out meaning he’s out of the list, right? Out of curiosity, I looked over to him who sat cross-legged while he used his arms as support as he leaned on it like me.

He has his eyes closed, as if he was trying to take in everything that had just happened. He looked peaceful unlike those times when he wore a straight face but his eyes and actions said otherwise. It was like those rare days where you will see him having fun, being him, and nothing more. Just like a normal teenage kid. Sometimes I wonder how he acts so manly yet the snobbish-arrogant type when he acts so different in real life—if you get what I mean.

“He might melt, ‘ya know,” I was startled as Himchan oppa opened one eye as he was lying on the grass. He tilted his head a little to look at me before he smirked. I slightly blushed as I looked away, now pushing up my knees and hugging it.

“I wasn’t staring at him. I’m just…” I trailed off. Why was I looking at him again? Ah right. Because I was curious but why? Darn. Whatever. It doesn’t matter.

“Sacrifices are made not just because it is what you felt like doing but because you care and most especially, you love that person. May it be in a friend-zoned term or more,” Himchan oppa said staring right up the now orange-y sky. I looked down at him but he just smiled. I just smiled back, agreeing with him but it puzzles me why he had said that.

“The sun is already setting!!!” Zelo chanted. All then sat up and looked at the now setting sun.

We stayed there until the sun had fully set and went home. I knew also I couldn’t stay any longer knowing how my cousin might fret not seeing me home when it’s already dark. We all walked to the bus stop, waiting for our bus to arrive. Being on different parts of the city, some took the bus that arrived a few minutes after we came while some stayed waiting for other buses to arrive. One after another, they rode the bus to their home until it was just Jongup, Daehyun, and I standing awkwardly. After a bus stopped in front of us, Jongup took a step forward.

“I’ll see you then on Monday?” He said and I nodded. Jongup turned to Daehyun after nodding to him. “Take care of her, ok?” He said and I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll just be alright,” I said and he just smiled.

“Just making sure,” he said and I nodded. “I’ll be going now. Bye Hyomi, bye hyung,” he said before he got in the bus and the door closed, taking its leave immediately. I waved as Jongup looked out the window and give us a smile.

Once we were alone, it was just a given that it’ll turn quiet unless we start bickering over those little—I’ll admit—things. But I don’t think it’s the right time for that. It’s just that everything ended up well for us all for this day so I don’t want it to be ruined. To keep myself busy, I hummed a song I really like. It’s Baby Baby by 4Men. I noticed how Daehyun looked at me so I also looked back at him when he just looked away. Weird. Wait. Then I’m weird too since I do such things? Erase, erase, erase. Aigoo.

When our bus arrived, we both walked to the entrance at the same time and we both stopped as we both held the handles up the bus. The sudden contact made us jerk back. He stepped back and muttered for me to go in first and without further discussions, I stepped in and looked for a seat. Taking a seat, Daehyun went to sit at my back which I really don’t mind…maybe…a little. Darn. What am I thinking?

Sighing, I leaned my head on the window and decided to take a rest after a really long but fun day.

I felt someone tapping me that made me wake up. I blinked and squint for a few times to adjust to the light before I saw Daehyun.

“We’re here,” he said before he started walking down. I softly nodded and walked out, following him down. As we stepped under the shade of the bus stop, we stood there, as if waiting for one of us to talk.

“So…” We both said at the same time.

“I’ll…Can you go home by yourself?” He asked and I nodded not really forgetting what happened when I went home alone a few weeks ago and end up in the hospital. It’s just that I don’t think I’ll be comfortable with him sending me home.

“Yeah, no biggie. I’ll go now then,” I said and he nodded. I then started walking away but my feet wanted to stop and take back the words. The chilly night air brushed against my skin making me shiver. I just shrugged the feeling of and continued to walk home.

It took me a few a minutes before I reached back. Tiredly, I opened the gates and went in and was about to close it but pulled it open again as I think I saw someone really familiar standing by the mini-mart at the end of the street. I rubbed my eyes when I saw nothing and just shrugged it, closing the gate and locking it. Going in, Baekhyun oppa and auntie and uncle welcomed me and of course, I was asked where I came from. I said I just went out with some friends and they didn’t question me after although I know Baekhyun oppa wanted to ask so many things but held it back knowing he could get scolded for nagging.

I went up to my room, dropping on my bed. Now that I realize, everything’s happening so fast. It’s like I just came a few months ago yet so many things had happened already and who knows what the winter ball holds. I closed my eyes and let my body relax and before I noticed it, I already had fallen asleep to my dreamland.

But before I forget it, one thing is for sure. Those six manly, talented guy were no different from kids.


Annyeong~ A short update for today. Kekeke~ Sorry if it's lame. Just want to proceed to the winter ball soon. Do you want too? Ahaha. 

Gonna update as fast as I can. :)

Thank you for the continuous support and love! Thank you!