I'm Here

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

It's War by MBLAQ


Chapter 36 – I’m Here

Hyomi’s POV

We were about to walk out the house when the door flung open before we could even hold the door knob. My eyes widened in surprise and horror. It made me, actually, all of us to take a step back. I looked at BAP and saw how protective they grew and they started to surround me. I felt a hand hold my hand. I looked at who it was and found Jongup giving me an assuring smile. I tried my best to give him a genuine smile.

“I don’t think we can keep our promise not to fight anymore,” he whispered, enough for me to hear, forcing on a smile. I know he’s just doing that to make me feel a little relaxed.

“So we meet again,” a guy that wasn’t that tall but was buffy and has a messy hair which didn’t help with his not so pleasing look stepped in.

“And we are not pleased,” Yongguk oppa hissed. The thugs smirked while looking at each other. It made me shiver.

“Well, we are, want to know why?” He asked but didn’t let any of the BAP members to answer. “No, you need to know why.” He smirked. “You, well, broke the nose of our colleague and caused so much harm to my other friend. We couldn’t just let it go for no one messes with us,” he finished making me all disgust. I particularly hate this kind of guys. So displeasing.

“It’s not our fault—“

“THEN WHO?!” The same guy shouted making me startled. “Should we blame those sticks and steels you hit them with?” He said. I gulped.

“When I count three, you run, ok? There’s a door at the back and another gate at the backyard you could use to escape, use that and leave,” a voice said and I need not to look who it was since I know the voice too well and the fact that the owner would know better the ways around the house made it more obvious. I shook my head.

“I can’t leave you guys here,” I whispered back.

“Listen, you’ll get hurt and we don’t want that. We also can’t afford to ruin the friendship we’ve already got with EXO, so can you please just trust us this time?” He said, almost pleading. I bit my lower lip before reluctantly nodded.

“But be careful, ok?” I said and he smiled before nodding.

“We will so in the count of three,” he said and started counting. “One, two, three, run!” He said and I made a run for it. I looked back ones and they were already pushing the guys so that they couldn’t get to me and somehow, it made me guilty. Actually, I am because they are trying to protect me.

I looked for the door leading to the backyard that luckily I know where and reach it in no time but then I could hear footsteps behind me. I didn’t dare to look back afraid to see if it’s one of the thugs. As soon as I reached the backyard, I looked for the door and since it was easy to see, I immediately spotted it and ran towards it, opening it. As soon as I opened it, I stepped out but heard an awful voice.

“Going somewhere?” I tried to run but before I could, a handkerchief covered my mouth and everything turned black.

Daehyun’s POV

We tried to push all the guys so that Hyomi could leave. Even though I’m mad at her, or at least I hate her, I don’t want her to get in danger because of us. She’s not supposed to be involved in this for the first place. We tried our best to fight the guys even though they are many compared to us and I think we are successful in doing it. We threw punches at each other and kick each other on the ‘part.’

We were all panting and had some scratches and bruises here and there but it’s as if we could feel no pain. I looked back to check if Hyomi had gotten away and I think she did but when I turned, a punch was thrown to me making me stumble backwards. I gripped on my jaw and glared at the guy. Feeling uncomfortable fighting with my mask on, I removed it threw it to the floor. The guy who I could clearly remember as the guy who I hit years back, smirked.

“We meet again, don’t we?” He sneered.

“I guess, can’t you see we did?” I snickered.

“Being sarcastic eh?” He smirked.

“Maybe?” I smirked. Furious, he threw another punch at me that I easily docked. I threw another punch on his stomach and kicked him a couple of times.

We were fighting for minutes already. I then overheard a guy who even afforded to answer a call. After his call ended, he called his colleagues and quickly ran out the door. We breathed heavily as we watched them ran away which actually surprised us.

“WE’LL MEET SOON AND THAT TIME, YOU’LL BE THE ONE LOOKING FOR US!” One of them shouted before completely running out.

Panting, we looked at each other.

“Hyomi, where is she?!” Yongguk hyung said. We all ran to the backyard and found the gate open. We all ran towards it ignoring all the pain we were feeling. As soon as we got out, we looked around the street hoping to see her but no, instead, we found a polaroid picture on the ground.

“Sht.” Jongup cursed. I read what’s written on the picture and it made me so angry.

“WHAT ARE WE DOING THEN?! WE NEED TO LOOK FOR HER!” I shouted. They all turned to me surprised but nodded. We rushed back in the house. We thought that going there being so beat up isn’t good so we decided to get some ice packs and the first aid kit before getting in the car.

We actually don’t know where to go first but we also couldn’t just sit there and wait. Since Yongguk hyung was badly beaten, Himchan hyung took the driver’s seat. Those who were not that hurt treated those who were along the ride. I had a busted lip and a few scratches but I felt numb. Right now, all I want to is to see Hyomi and put her to safety. I was staring out the window the whole time while clenching my fist tight.

Once they lay a finger on her or hurt her, I’ll not ever forgive them. I don’t know what feelings I’m feeling right now. I just have the urge to protect her and be by her side and her mere presence makes me happy though I never show it. I don’t know if this is love and I’m also afraid it is. I just think it won’t do anything good. With all the thoughts, Yongguk hyung’s phone rang. We all turned to him and his jaw tightened while reading the message. I leaned over to him to see what the message said. An address was stated there followed by a picture of Hyomi tied on a chair with a handkerchief tied around .

Hyomi just wait, we will come and save you. I promise that.

Baekhyun’s POV

As soon as the sun rose, I was already awake and got ready to leave. I’m going to go to Busan and make sure that Hyomi is there. I couldn’t even sleep properly last night thinking about her. I kept on trying to call her but no one is answering or it’s busy. I know I couldn’t do it by myself, especially if I had to look for her so I brought Luhan hyung and Chanyeol with me.

“May I see that letter?” Luhan hyung asked and I handed him the letter. We’re already riding the train going to Busan. “The writing do looks like it was written by her,” Luhan hyung said and Chanyeol nodded agreeing too.

“I know but it can be that they asked someone to copy her writing,” I said.

“But it can be her too,” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t know. I just don’t feel good about it,” I said.

“Why?” Luhan hyung said.

“It’s because I know she doesn’t leave just like that. She would at least tell me. Besides if I know she needed it, why would I stop her?” I said.

“Ok. We’re going to know in a few hours so relax for a bit. You’re also making us worried,” Chanyeol said patting me on the shoulder. I sighed.

The three and a half hour ride felt so slow for me. I can’t seem to stay still on my position while waiting. Luckily, Luhan hyung and Chanyeol kept me company. Soon, we reached Busan and we got off, taking a bus to Hyomi’s house. It was an hour ride going there. As soon as we reached our stop, we got off and hurried to the house. We stood in front of the gates and rang the doorbell. We rang it a couple of times but no one answer.

“I thought she’s here?” Chanyeol said.

“Sht. I knew it,” I said. Suddenly, a familiar voice called my attention.

“Hyung!” I turned and saw Hyomi’s guy friends. “What are you doing here?” JR asked.

“Did you like see Hyomi?” I asked.

“She said she went here,” Luhan hyung said.

“Hyomi? No. The house is empty since you guys left after your vacation. Why?” JR answered.

“Damn, someone might’ve kidnapped her!” I began to panic.

“Calm down!” Chanyeol said.

“What kidnapped?” Ren asked.

“Hyomi left a letter saying she went here but I guess someone made the letter, not her,” I said trying to calm down.

“What?! We’ll try to look for her!” Aron said.

“Thanks but where?” I asked, hoping they have some suggestions.

“Let’s try to look for her around the usual places she goes to Busan and meet up here in an hour, maybe?” Minhyun suggested and we all nodded and separated. We started looking for her in the places we know we could find her but an hour passed by and we met up not finding her.

“Have you found her?” I asked panting.

“Sorry but no. We tried asking our other friends who knows her but they said they haven’t seen her around.” Baekho said.

“Sht. Where the heck is that girl?!” I said letting out a frustrating breath.

“Why won’t you try calling her again?” Luhan hyung said. I just did as he said, hoping this time she will answer but no. She didn’t. Minutes later, a message came in and it was from Suho hyung.  

Sehun just called. He’s back. We’re on the way to the airport now but don’t say to Hyomi yet. – Suho

I began to curse under my breath. Luhan and Chanyeol also received the same message and started cursing.

“We need to find her quickly before Sehun finds out or else it’ll be more trouble,” Chanyeol said and I nodded.

“Sehun? You mean Hyomi’s bestfriend-slash-boyfriend?” Baekho asked. The three of us nodded. I bit my lower lip trying to think of any idea. I’m so worried right now and knowing Sehun is back made it worse. I paced back and forth while they themselves couldn’t stand still.

“I thought of an idea!” Minhyun said and we all looked at him. “Why not try detecting her phone?” He said. We looked at each other before agreeing. “That works, I swear,” he said nodding. I looked at Luhan hyung and Chanyeol and they both nodded.

“It won’t hurt if we try,” Chanyeol said. I heaved in and sigh.

“Ok but don’t we like need a car?” I said.

“I have!” Aron said.

“Yours?” Ren raised an eyebrow.

“Well, not really mine but my father’s. We could borrow it,” he shrugged.

“We don’t have time. Just get it, eo?” I said trying to keep calm but can’t.

“Ok but I don’t know how to drive,” Aron said.

“I’ll do it. Where?” Luhan hyung said and they both left running to get the car. They arrived with the car a few minutes later and we all got in, squishing ourselves inside. I sat at the passenger’s seat with Luhan hyung at the driver’s seat.

“So where?” He asked.

“Wait,” I said as I waited for my phone to respond. I was tapping my heel to the ground continuously not feeling any calmness. “There!” I shouted but my eyebrows furrowed. “BWOH?! GWANGJU?!” I said and they all leaned over my seat.

“Gwangju? Why in Gwangju? Do you have like relatives there?” Luhan hyung asked and I shook my head.

“As far as I know, no and besides, Hyomi barely knows any of our relatives,” I said.

“Then we have to get there as quick as possible,” Chanyeol said.

“I hope she’s ok,” Minhyun said.

Yoo Hyomi, where are you?

Hyomi’s POV

I opened my eyes and darkness surrounded me. I was blindfolded and my mouth tied with a handkerchief disabling me from shouting. My wrist also stung from the tightness of the rope tied on it. I groaned when I tried to remove it. I moved about my seat, hoping for someone to respond but instead, I heard laughter. I mumbled incoherent words squirming on my seat.

“What? What did you say?” A guy said in a teasing manner. I felt a presence in front me so I’m sure that’s where the horrible voice came from.

“What do you want from me?!” I said but it was a baffle to them.

“Remove the handkerchief on ,” a new voice said. Seconds later, the handkerchief was removed and I breathe heavily.

“What do you want from me?!” I said this time loud and clear.

“Whoah, calm down girl, don’t you want to have fun with us?” The same voice said.

“NO!” I shouted.

“Aw, that’s a pity then,” he said and they all laughed. What’s funny anyway?!

“Let me go!” I shouted.

“Na-ah, your boyfriends awe us,” he said.

“THEY DIDN’T DO ANYTHING TO YOU! YOU WERE THE ONES WHO DESTROYED THEIR LIVES!” I shouted so mad. How could they say such thing when they were the one who awes BAP?! Right then, I felt a hand hold my chin and I struggled to get his filthy hands away.

“You know what you’re pretty but your taste is really bad,” he said. I scoffed.

“WHY DO YOU CARE?! Are you a gay?!” I shouted and after that, I received a hard slap on my left cheek. I groaned from the pain but I know it’s nothing compared to the pain BAP is enduring. “I’ll tell the police and report you when I escape from here!” I shouted.

“That’s so brave of you to say,” he snickered. “That is if you escape here alive.” My forehead was pushed backwards before another round of laughter from them surrounded the room. Minutes later, it was quiet again before a guy came in.

“They’re here,” he said. They? Who? BAP? NO!

“Good. Looks like your boyfriends are here to get you but we won’t let that happen. Thinking of it, I might just keep you,” he said.

“HYOMI!” I heard BAP shouted.

“OPPAS! ANDWAE! THEY WILL KILL YOU!” I shouted.

“Shut the **** up!” Another slap reached my left cheek.

“Look who we have here,” he said. I couldn’t see anything so all I was able to do is to detect where the voices came from which is really hard.

“Don’t touch her!” I’m sure it came from Jongup.

“Oh, like this?” then a hand slipped touch my cheeks in a disgusting manner.

“Don’t touch me!” I groaned.

“Didn’t I just tell you to shut up?!” I received a slap on my right cheek.

“HYOMI!” I heard BAP shouted and if I’m right, Daehyun’s voice topped them all but that did not matter.

“You sure are digging your own grave, Kyunghyun,” Yongguk oppa said.

“Oh, really?” The Kyunghyun guy who I guess is the same guy who kept on touching me said. “Prove it then,” he said and the next thing I heard were roars of anger.

I kept on shouting out their names and wait for their reply. That’s the only way I could make sure that they are still breathing. Just then, I felt someone untying the rope at my back.

“Oppa?” I said.

“Noona, it’s me.”

“ZELO!” I said.

“Sssh,” he said so I kept my mouth shut. Seconds later the rope is getting a little loose. “How the heck did they tie this,” I heard Zelo muttered.

“ZELO! Look out!” Youngjae oppa shouted. His hand left the rope for a second before it returned.

“Zelo, are you ok?” I asked worriedly.

“I’m ok. I just kicked him on his ‘part.’” I heard him chuckle a little that made me tear up.

“Stop laughing! Nothing’s really funny now,” I sobbed.

“Sorry,” he said. Soon, the rope was removed from my wrist. I was about to remove my blindfold but a hand stopped me.

“No, don’t,”

“Jongup?” I said.

“Don’t remove it,” he said, panting.

“Take care of her hyung. I’ll take down some of the guys,” Zelo said.

“But why?” I asked.

“I-I’m not wearing any mask,” he said making me cry this time.

“How could you—“

“I can’t let you see myself like this,” he said and I could say he was serious with it. I then felt someone untying the rope on my leg and some minutes later, it was completely removed. “Follow me,” he whispered. He held my hand tightly as he brought me to I don’t know where.

“Where do you think are you going?” Himchan oppa said and after, something fell on my side making me flinch.

“Thanks hyung,” Jongup said.

“No problem,” he said. We then started walking again until Jongup told me to just sit down and wait. “Don’t leave until we come back, ok? Scream when someone touches you. Promise me one thing, don’t remove your blindfold no matter what,” he said.

“O-Ok but take care,” I said trying to reach out his hand. I felt him hold my hand and hold it tight.

“I will,” he said and after that, he already left. I hugged my knees. I had the urge to remove the blindfold but I also don’t want to betray Jongup.

I could hear some groans and shouts here and there which made me hide my face between my legs. All I could think of doing is to pray that they’ll all be alright, that the fight would end with no one dying or end up badly injured. The tears just won’t stop to fall. Just then, something fell on my side making me shriek.

“I’m here,” I recognized the voice immediately.

“D-Daehyun, i-is that you?” I said.

“Yeah,” he replied. He held my hand tight which let me relax a little.

“DAEHYUN!” It made me freeze on my position.

Daehyun’s POV

When the fight broke out, all I could think of is to save Hyomi. I didn’t care if I get punched, kicked, or injured. It doesn’t matter. All I know is that I should bring Hyomi home safely. Punches and kicks were thrown to each other and when the fight got heater, sticks and steel bars were already used. I kept an eye on Hyomi however. I’m being sure no one of those thugs won’t get anywhere near her.

Zelo was the first one to approach her and untie the ropes at her wrist but when Jongup came, he was the one who untied the ropes on her legs while Zelo went to fight. I took notice of how Jongup held her hand so tight as he led her to somewhere. Although I was still putting some of our enemies down, I still watched where Jongup was bringing her. In a minute or so after they disappeared, Jongup came back and advanced to the guy who was about to hit Himchan hyung at the back.

I don’t know how many minutes or hours we’ve been fighting and panting at the same time but I’m pretty sure all of us are bruised and injured. Yongguk hyung had a cut on his left cheek while Himchan hyung looked like he injured his arm by the way he was gripping on his arm as he made way to the guy who was fighting Zelo. Besides them, everyone was only bruised and have scratches.

I tried my best to keep my focus on my opponent but from my side view, I could see a guy walking towards the direction where Hyomi was hidden. I immediately threw a strong punch and kick to my opponent and went running towards the guy. I grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked before punching him across the face. He fainted once he touched the ground, right in front of Hyomi.

Hyomi shrieked as the person fall and brush against her. I held her hand to make sure that everyone is safe.

“I’m here,” I said. She held my hand tight. I noticed tears pouring down her cheeks as the blindfold already drenched with sweat and tears.

“D-Daehyun, i-is that you?” She stuttered.

“Yeah,” I said.

Suddenly, I heard my hyungs and dongsaengs shout my name. When I turned, it was too late and I was hit at the back making me kneel on the ground though I still kept a tight hold on Hyomi’s hand. I groaned in pain.  I looked at the guy and he was smirking. All my hyungs and dongsaengs were blocked so they had to fight them.

“Daehyun?” Hyomi said, voice shaking.

“I-I’m ok,” I said but the truth is, every part of my body is aching.

“Daehyun! Look out!” Another shout came. I turned to look at the same guy but before he could hit me with it, someone had stopped him.

“No one dares to hurt our old schoolmate.” It took me a few moments before I realized who it was.

“A-Aron?” I said and he smiled.

“Yo,” he said. A small smile reached my lips. Whoah. I never knew we have a back-up team.

 


 

I'm supposed to update this yesterday but I had to sleep already. 

Updates might get slower since school had started and I need to focus. Hope you understand.

Please wait though. THANK YOU! :)