Banana Milk and Uncertainties

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

U & I by BTOB


Chapter 62 – Banana Milk and Uncertainties

Days went by and every one of them tried to enjoy their vacation. Some of the EXO members had gone to another country while the others stayed at home, partying and or spending time with their family. The BAP members were the same but none of them went overseas unlike some of the EXO members.

Yongguk went back to his hometown to be with his family. Himchan pestered Youngjae and stayed with him in his place. Zelo on the other hand stayed with his family and Jongup took dancing lessons whilst his afternoon shifts in the café-bakery. Daehyun stayed at home often times doing house chores to help his mother. Sometimes, he goes out to enjoy himself. But he never forgets to keep an eye on Hyomi. There wasn’t a week where he wouldn’t come by their house secretly. He does it at least three days a week, once per day. That’ll be the minimum and the maximum would be seven days or one week.

He didn’t know how he’d come that far. The only thing he knows is that it was his first time doing such. He knew he didn’t want to lose against Sehun but more than that desire is to make Hyomi realize how much she meant to him, how much effect she had on him.

And that’s why he started placing a certain favourite drink of hers on their front porch every morning when he decides to come by.

Hyomi’s POV

“Dongsaeng-ah! There’s a banana milk for you,” Baekhyun oppa shouted from the first floor. I was startled by his shout that I came running down the stairs, tripping on the process, earning myself a bruise on the knee. Great.

“Ow,” I winced as I caressed the part. Baekhyun came over and laughed. I glared at him and he pursed his lips together although I know he was just holding in his laughter. He held out a hand pulling me up. “What’s it again?”

“A banana milk, again,” he said as he jabbed his thumb to the coffee table where he has placed it. I scratched my head before going over. Again, there was a sticky note on it with my name carefully written but there was more to it that I’m afraid to show to Baekhyun oppa so I just always thank him and go up.

“You know what, when Sehun founds about that, he’ll surely beat the heck out of that person,” Baekhyun oppa shook his head as he drank milk from the kitchen. I sighed.

“I know. I’ll go back to my room now,” I said as I jogged up and entered my room, closing the door and locking it. I walked to my desk and sat on the chair.

I unstuck the post-it and flipped it around to see another note.

‘Eight days to Christmas… I hope all your wishes come true. Good morning princess ^^’

I don’t know whether to hate this or not. I’m happy, yes, that someone had been giving this to me. I actually thought that it was Sehun sending this but when I asked him about it, he was clueless that I said that it was nothing. I was lucky he didn’t ask more about it after. I don’t want him to worry as I know he have other things to bother especially that Christmas’ near.

This had been going on for days and I don’t know whether to accept more from this mysterious person or not. If you ask if I try catching this mysterious person, yes, I do but the thing is, it’s either I don’t wake up from my alarm, he doesn’t come by, or I fall asleep waiting by the front yard, overnight. I badly want to know who this person is, if he is a he or a she or if I know him or not. Whatever.

I sighed, shaking my head before grabbing a notebook and insert the post-it together with the other post-it from the previous banana milks. I placed the notebook back to where I got it and grabbed the banana milk, stuck the straw on and drank from it.

Sehun’s POV

I sat at the chair, lazily while looking around the quiet café. I ordered a cup of coffee to have myself something to drink and warm the cold December. I have been waiting for a person who by now is five minutes late. When I took one more glance at my wrist watch, the chimes clung signalling a new visitor. I looked around to see that person I have been waiting for. He nonchalantly stood by the chair opposite me.

“What’s up so early in the morning?” He asked.

“You might want to take a seat first, sunbae?” I said unintended it to sound like I’m mocking him.

“No need. Just say it. Is it about Hyomi? What else could it be?” He said.

“If that’s what you want then. Are you…” I took a pause as I looked up from my coffee to him. “…leaving banana milk by her door every morning?” He stiffened and I knew then I was right. I smirked as I made swirls with my teaspoon on the coffee.

“I don’t think that’s your concern anymore,” he said. My fist clenched the teaspoon I was holding that I needed to refrain myself from shouting or causing any ruckus.

“How could…”

“You might be forgetting hoobae…” I looked up to him and there was a short pause before I remembered what we had talked about weeks ago. I swallowed hard as my jaw tightened.

“I know but you should still keep in mind that I’m her boyfriend and that’s enough for me to meddle in what you’re doing,” I said my eyes glaring.

“Why? Are you afraid? Can you already see that it’s not impossible, that even before—“ I slammed my fist on the table making the people around us turn to us. We had just disturbed the silence that some minutes ago were surrounding the café.

There was a moment of silence between the two of us. The people went back to their business again and that moment, how much I was sorry to disturb them, I didn’t utter any words of sorry.

“I guess I’m done here,” he said before he turned to leave. My fist that remained on the table clenched.

“You’ll never win her, ever because she’s mine,” I said before glaring at him.

“Let’s see how it’ll be,” he said before he continued and walked out the café.

Jung Daehyun, what are you planning?

Daehyun’s POV

As I got out from the café, I sighed. I didn’t mean to act like that but didn’t know what else to do to show him I’m not backing out in this fight, that I’m no one to underestimate. I momentarily stopped after a few steps, taking a sharp intake of breath before turning the corner back to our house.

I don’t know how he knew about the banana milk but I guess it’s only through Hyomi he could’ve known it. The girl might’ve thought it was him who gave her those and asked him about it. Does she really not notice? Not a thing? Was what I’m doing not enough? Or is she just too naïve? Worst, is she pretending not to know?

These questions had been playing in my head as my feet led to their house once again. This is the first time I’ve come by in this broad daylight and I took extra caution in case she sees me. I also need to be careful not to be seen by Baekhyun.

As I passed by their house, from the window of her room, the curtains was drew to the side that I docked just not be seen. My heart beat to fast that I could already hear it. After a minute in that position, I slowly got up and peeked if she was still there. I sigh in relief when she wasn’t and decided to walk away already.

I glanced once more to her window after taking a few steps away and bit my lower lip before completely walking away.

Hyomi’s POV

“Really?! So who’s it?” I asked as I lie on my bed. It was already midnight but I was busy talking with Sehun over the phone.

“I’ve not met him but I’m already sure he lives in the address we have,” he said.

“Uhm…” I said. “When are you going to meet him? Can I come?” I asked as I was really curious who that guy is.

“Sure,” he said and I hid my happiness and just smiled although I know he’s not going to see it.

“Thanks. I’m excited. I wonder how’s that person connected perhaps to you?” I said as I tried forming conclusions in my head.

“No idea but I’m pretty sure he’s not anyhow related to me. It’s like about business or something,” he said and I nodded.

“I see. Anyways, when are we going there?” I asked.

“I’ll call you when,” he said.

“Ok. Where’s it?” I asked.

“Somewhere. It’s a secret,” he said and I could picture him sticking his tongue out.

“Fine,” I said.

“I miss you,” he said making my heart beat so fast. I don’t know why his words still have this effect on me.

“I miss you too but why are you saying this?” I asked.

“Nothing. Is it wrong for me to say I miss you when I really do?” He said and I’m sure he’s pouting.

“Aigoo… Of course not. Of course I miss you too, a lot,” I said. There was silence from the other line until he called my name.

“Hyomi…”

“Oh?”

“What if…”

“What if what?” I asked as I felt how troubled he was.

“What if someone asks you out, will you accept him?”

“What are you saying? Of course not. You’re my boyfriend remember?”

“Yes, I am but in reality, you’re really not mine, although I wish I did…” he said muttering the last words.

“Is there a problem?” I asked. I know something’s troubling him that’s why he was acting like this. It was rare for him to be like this, very rare although he gets jealous but not to the point that he’ll say things like this.

“Nothing… I’m just curious,” he said.

“Are you sure? I feel like something’s really wrong,” I said.

“It’s nothing. I’m happy to hear you won’t accept him,” he said and the manner of him saying it sounds like he was referring to a person but I couldn’t pin point who but I also don’t want to guess as it might just get big.

“There’s nothing to worry, okay? I love you, you and only you,” I said trying to cheer him up.

“I know. I love you too forever though they say it doesn’t exist. I love you for the rest of my life so you should too, oh?” He said and I chuckled.

“Araso but if you hurt my feelings…” I said teasing me but in truth, I’m afraid he would.

“You know I won’t,” he said and I smiled.

“Neh, I know,” I said.

“It’s already late. You should go to sleep already. We’ll see each other soon?” He said and I nodded, although he doesn’t see me.

“Yup,” I answered.

“Good night, sweet dreams, dream of me, ok?” He said and I chuckled.

“Neh… I will. You too. Good night,” I said and we both ended the call.

I sighed as I looked up at the ceiling. I felt weird on how he’s been acting these days. He has been asking that kind of stuff to me. I just hope he’s not doubting me or my love for him. If he keeps on going on with it, I already don’t know what could happen, especially if things get out of hand.

To be honest, things are starting to get uncertain and I don't like how it is going.

 


 

HI! An early update. Kekeke~ I decided to update since EXO M won yesterday! Let's all cheer! :) 

Btw, I think this story is about to end. There are less than twenty chapters to go. I think this story had been going on for too long so might as well end it soon. I just want you guys to know that I enjoyed writing this. :))

I'll try to update in the weekend again. Thank you for the support! :)