Plan

Wishing Upon A Flower

Magic by Seungri


Chapter 71 – Plan

Peniel’s POV

Our flight number was called and we immediately boarded. A few minutes and the plane started to move.

My fingers fidgeted as it lie on my lap. For some reason, I’m nervous yet giddy. I’ll be able to meet Hyomi and Daehyun but that’s not the thing here. I’m quite nervous of what we’re about to do. We don’t have anything planned to do as of now but I’m scared Daehyun would get mad as he is a person who don’t like anyone getting under his nose. But for his good, I would put our friendship at stake.

Besides, I’m not the only one involved here. His love too.

Daehyun’s POV

I was in the room given to me, lazing around when I heard footsteps outside the door followed my voices I recognized.

“Can’t I come?”

“Not that but I really need to come by myself.”

“Who is it really? Yah. Did you meet someone here you think is better than me?”

“Are you starting that again?”

“Ok, sorry! Just that…”

“It’s someone you know, okay. It’s just that… I need to go by myself.”

“Do you even know your way there?”

“Well, I could take the cab.” Their voices were slowly getting softer. I slowly opened the door and peeked out, my eyebrows creasing in the middle.

“But—“

“Sehun…”

“Ok! Fine. But call me when you get there okay? Just so I would know you arrived there safely,” he muttered and Hyomi smiled, nodding. My nose scrunched up.

“Araso. I promise I’ll be back before it gets dark! Bye,” she said before giving him a peck on the cheeks.

“You promise, okay!”

“Neh!” She said as she stepped out the door.

As Sehun turned, we unexpectedly met eyes. His eyes turned sharp as he glared at me. I tried to act normal, walking out my room as to not be suspicious that I was watching them all the while. He walked back up to the stairs, and we met half way. We stopped for a moment before I brushed past him but he spoke, making me stop.

“Are you already giving up?” He said. My fist clenched.

“It was just on the cheeks. No big deal,” I said. Sht. Did I just give away that I was watching them? Maybe yeah, I really did. He gave me a look saying that ‘you were too obvious’ before he smirked.

“I’m not only referring to that. Shouldn’t you…no…never mind. Let’s just see in the end whom she chooses although I hate putting her in such situations,” he said, and I took a moment to look back and glance at him. His back was already facing me as he continued walking up. It bothered me what he was supposed to say but it shouldn’t matter, right, if he didn’t bother saying it.

With a sigh, I continued to walk down, not really having anywhere to go. I started roaming the house, hoping to see something interesting or something I could bother myself with. I bit my lower lip as I remembered my mom and my friends back in Seoul. How are they doing?

I continued walking around when my cell phone rang in my pockets. I grabbed it and answered it without looking on who called.

“Yoboseyo?”

“DAEHYUNNIE!!!” What.Was.That.

“Guys?” I said startled with the sudden shout making me move my cell phone a few inch away after they shouted.

“How’s America? Met any girls? The hot—Ow!” Himchan hyung said and I can’t help but laugh. 

“Shut up,” Yongguk hyung said, probably smacking him on the head. Oh, so they are all back.

“You should have just said so, geez,” Himchan hyung groaned.

“Hyung, is it fun there?” I heard Zelo ask.

“Wait, how did you guys know I’m here?”

“AUNTIE!” They chorused and I rolled my eyes. Aigoo. This is why I don’t want to tell them.

“It’s…interesting but I already want to go home,” I said, entering the backyard where there’s a garden and a pool.

“Hyung, how are you?” Jongup asked and I was surprised he didn’t ask about Hyomi first. Maybe he got over her or maybe he doesn’t know I’m with Hyomi.

“Like I said, I want to go back there,” I said leaning on the door frame that led to the area.

“Are they being nice to you?” Yongguk hyung asked and I could hear how concerned he was since, after all, he knows me best.

“Uh…Yeah… They’re all nice and whatnot,” I said, shrugging.

“Then have you…” Youngjae stopped and I knew what he was about to ask.

“No, not the proper one at least,” I said.

“What are you planning then?” Himchan hyung asked.

“I don’t know. I’m just looking forward on going home. It’s…suffocating here. Luckily…” I bit my lower lip. A slip of a tongue, I guess.

“Luckily?” They asked.

“Nothing,” I said.

“Are you keeping secrets now, huh, hyung?” Zelo said and I could picture him pouting now.

“Since before, Zelo,” I teased.

“We need to go. This phone call is really…costly, you know,” Himchan hyung said and I smirked.

“Ok then. I’m glad you guys called. You killed the boredom I’m feeling for a while,” I said.

“Can I talk to him for a while?” I heard Yongguk hyung said and the phone being passed to him.

“Daehyun,”

“Hyung,” I said. I know what was coming but I decided to listen.

“You went there for a reason and don’t waste it. Do it for yourself, for your mother. I’m sure she wants you to reconcile with your father. After all, your dad was the one who bowed down. Have time to think and reflect about it, Daehyun,” he said and I could only sigh. “I’ll hang up already. We’ll see you soon?” He said and the tone of his voice immediately changed to a light one.

“Ah, yeah, I hope. Two days more, I guess, I’ll be back,” I said. We exchanged ‘bye’s’ before we both ended the call. I placed my phone back in my pocket, heaving a deep breath. I turned around to be surprised to see him, on his crane, trying to walk while looking at me.

“What—“

“Your friends?” He said.

My jaw tightened. What does he think he’s doing walking without anyone’s assistance? What if he suddenly fall? What if he suddenly faint? What if he—

“I’ll be delighted to meet them. I suppose I owe them a lot, huh?” He said. I gulped. By now, he was less than a meter from me and as he took another step, he almost fell. Luckily, I caught him in time. “Aigoo… Result of lying on bed for twenty-four-seven,” he chuckled. “Thank you,” he smiled. His eyes smiled as he looked at me and said that and I felt my heart ache. How many years have passed since I got to be this near to him? I helped him steady himself but I made sure I had a hand behind him after.

“Are you going somewhere?” I forced to ask. He shook his head.

“Not really. I just want to get away from that bed and room. It was pretty suffocating,” he laughed.

“Oh,” I said. “I’ll leave now then. Excuse me,” I said, not taking it any more.

“Daehyun,” he called, making me stop and my face contort. “I hope we could talk and bond like before…at least before I—“

“Sometime,” I said, somewhat not wanting to hear what he would say next. I continued to walk away, my steps heavy and as I turned the corner and when I’m sure he couldn’t see me, I stopped, clenched my fist and punched the wall.

Sometime.

Hyomi’s POV

I let my eyes wander as I reached our meeting place. The place had many fast food chains lined up and I looked for the one where he said we would meet. My eyes brightened when I found it. I walked towards it, excited. As soon as I entered the place, I looked around and found Donggeun oppa waving at me. I waved back before going over to his table. He stood up and pulled a chair out for me. I thanked him before I took a sit. He went to his chair again and sat down.

“Before anything else, what do you want to eat?” He asked, smiling from ear to ear.

“Uhm…” I said looking at the choices by the counter. “I guess burger would be fine already. I just ate breakfast a little while ago,” I smiled and he nodded.

“I’ll order. Be right back,” he said and I nodded, watching him line up and order. He came back a few minutes later with our orders.

“So… how’s your experience so far?” He asked, nibbling on a piece of fries.

“So far… I’ll be lying if I say I was having fun everyday but yeah, I’m enjoying it especially that it’s my first time here,” I smiled.

“Why not every day? Sehun? Or Daehyun?” He said, inching closer to me as he said Daehyun’s name. I leaned back as I felt my face heat up, not with the close distance but because of the mention of his name. There was silence as I didn’t reply and continue eating but I could see his gaze at me. “Tell me… Not that I’m intruding or something but…” I looked up to him and he shook his head. “I’ll save it for later or something. It’s too early for that question.”

“You’re weird oppa,” I said chuckling a bit although I was relieved. He shrugged.

“Unless that you want me to ask already…”

“No, it’s okay,” I said and he laughed.

“So…let’s go to the point of this. You say that Daehyun already met his father?” I nodded my head and his stuck his lower lip out in thought. “Have they talked?”

“They did but it didn’t turn out that well,” I said.

“He shouted at him, didn’t he?” He said as if he knew Daehyun well and I was really amazed. They weren’t kidding when they said they were the best of friends back then.

“Yeah, he did. That was also why I suddenly knew about his relationship with uncle,” I said.

“It was typical of him. He usually shouts when he’s mad back in school,” he laughed.

“He does?” He nodded.

“I’m pretty sure because he had once done it to me,” he said and my mouth hung open.

“Really? Why?” I asked, getting interested.

“It was just some childish fight, nothing really interesting,” he waved it off.

“But it’ll be interesting because—“ I caught myself before I could even spill the next words out that would definitely give Donggeun oppa wrong thoughts. Is it even wrong? Dang. What am I saying?!

“Because?” He said, a teasing smile plastered on his face. I felt my cheeks turn warm as I shook my head and sip on my water. I heard him laugh, shaking his head. I was relieved when he dropped the question and continued to munch on his burger.

We continued eating in a silence for the next couple of minutes before he broke it.

“Going back,” he said, swallowing his last bite of his burger. “Have you thought of something?” I puffed my cheeks, shaking my head.

“I tried though,” I said.

“Uhm… How many nights are there left from your stay?” He asked and I looked up in thought while I counted in my head.

“About…two nights more,” I said, nodding.

“I guess we have to hurry,” he said and I nodded.

“Sorry I had to drag you into this,” I said and he shook his head with a small smile.

“It’s okay. I’ve been wanting to knock some sense into that guy’s head. He had been doing so from the first time we met after a long time,” he shrugged and I started to be intrigued.

“What do you mean he had been doing?” I asked, curious. He smirked and my eyes widened a little. What was that for?

“You should know soon,” he said and how he said that I should, I began to feel nervous. “Let’s start this,” he said and I focused my attention on him and our reason why we are there and started planning. We got to do this. For the people involved. For him.

Peniel’s POV

I clutched my phone on my right hand as my foot unconsciously taps the ground repeatedly. I let out a heap of breath relaxing myself.

“You can do this, you have to,” I convinced myself.

Today is when we agreed put our plan in action. It was just yesterday we planned but since we have no time to wait for another day to pass, I stood in front of Disneyland. I blew a raspberry. This looks a little bit awkward since I wasn’t waiting for a girl but a boy and I stood alone here. But I had to swallow that little embarrassment of mine. Anyway, I used to this with him and other friends back in middle school.

“Bro,” I snapped out of my thoughts as I turned and found Daehyun.

“Oh, hey man!” I said, draining out my nervous feeling.

“What’s up?” He asked as we did a little handshake.

“Spending my short holiday meaningfully,” I rolled my eyes. He smirked.

“Looks like it. What are we going to do here?” He asked as he turned to the entrance.

"Going to kick some ," I rolled my eyes and he snickered. “Of course, to play! Like the old times?” I said and he looked back at me, a smirk plastered on his face.

“Seriously, at this age?” He laughed.

“Why? Amusement parks don’t get old,” I laughed along and he shook his head. “Let’s go? We can’t waste time!” I said and he nodded before we headed in.

As we fell in line for the tickets and get in, I glanced at him as his mouth hung open, probably amazed with all the rides he’s seeing. I began to apologize in my head for what we are doing now without his consent. We wouldn’t have done so if he had done something. I don’t know if he had plans or what but time is running and if he would take that long, he might just regret it.

And I didn’t want that to happen, as a friend.


 

HI! Sorry for the late updates this days. Let's just say I'm having a little writer's block. Sorry! :((

I hope you like this chapter. I want to tell that this story is near to its end...........unless..........I thought of something. But don't you think this story is already too long? :))

Anyways, thank you for always supporting me and for the comments! I appreciate it! For the new subscribers, hi and thank you! :)

I love you guys! :)

Belated Happy Birthday to our dduizhang Kris! :)