Staring Sessions

Wishing Upon A Flower

Cover Girl by Infinite


Chapter 2 – Staring Sessions

Hyomi’s POV

“Let’s meet during break. I’ll let you meet my friends.” Baekhyun oppa said before leaving after he dropped me off to my class. I nodded and waved him good bye. I turned to my classroom and looked up at the sign. “Class A-3” I said under my breath.

Suddenly, I heard squeals and I was forced to the side. I stumbled a bit and groaned as I hit a flower pot bruising myself. I looked at it and found a small scratch with blood oozing out but it wasn’t too many. I sighed as I puffed my cheeks. A guy then entered the classroom. He was wearing a mask, too, like the guy I met this morning but I’m sure that he’s not the guy I met earlier though his hair was also blonde. Maybe he’s one of his friends? Suddenly, he turned back and he looked at me. I can’t get what he was trying to say but his eyes softened upon seeing me. I just looked down. Just then, I felt stares at me that creep me out.

“Who are you?” One girl asked pointing at me as the crowd started to disperse as the guy had entered. I hesitated to answer as I just looked down. “Are you deaf?” She said once again. I held in my anger and answered.

“I’m Yoo Hyomi, and no, I’m not.” I said with a stern voice. She turned to her friends with a smirk.

“Oh well. Welcome to our school, oh, I mean, hell.” She snickered before leaving. I was taken aback to what she said. Hell? What is with that girl? I just shrugged the thought as I went in the classroom. The students turned to me that made me feel uncomfortable. I just avoided their gaze as I searched for available seats.

“Here!” A girl waved to me. I nodded and walked to the seat beside her. “Hi! You’re new?” She asked and I nodded. “I’m Ah Neul. And you are?” She said reaching out for a handshake.

“Hyomi, Yoo Hyomi.” I said shaking her hand. She smiled at me before she dragged her chair beside me and whispered to my ear.

“Just don’t mind those girls. They’re es.” She said before moving away, pursing her lips together, nodding. I find it cute in some way. I just nodded with a smile. “Were you with Baekhyun-sunbaenim a while ago?” She said and I nodded. So she knows him? Ah, right. He’s popular. “Are you two dating?” She asked and I shook my hands in front of her.

“Of course not. He’s my cousin.” I said and she made an ‘o’.

“I see. I thought you too are together. Sorry.” She grinned.

“Why? Do you like him, too?” I asked and she shook her head.

“No, not him.” She said her cheeks suddenly turning red.

“Oh, then one of his friends, maybe?” I said. She nodded. “Oh…” I said. She then smiled.

“Let’s eat together later?” She said.

“Sorry but I’m eating with oppa.” I said and she pouted but smiled afterwards.

“Then lunch? How about it?” She asked and I nodded. Just then, the teacher came in and she dragged her seat back to its place and we all stood up to greet the teacher.

Jong Up’s POV

The class began and since it was first day of school, introduction was never left out. One by one, the students introduced themselves but I know most of them except for the new students. Little after, it was the new student’s turn. I looked at her as she introduced herself. She looks really delicate, innocent, and sensitive girl. That is also why I turned to her when I noticed her stumble and hit the flower pot by the door. I looked at her leg to check if she got a wound and noticed a small scratch. I bit my lip as I feel that I’m the one to be blamed by it.

“Annyeong haseyo. Yoo Hyomi imnida. Hope we could be friends.” She bowed. A smile crept up my lips but no one noticed it since I was wearing a mask. I know you might be thinking why teachers would allow us but we’ve talked to them already and they allowed us. The reason we said? It might sound funny but we said we have some kind of sickness and allergy but it isn’t really the reason. We were just lucky enough for them to believe us. We have been hiding half of our faces since we entered this school. Many call us weirdo but like what I said we have a reason. She then sat back down on her seat and nothing interesting about the introduction happened next.

“Next.” Our teacher said. I stood up and bowed. I put my mask a little far from my mouth to have space before talking.

“Annyeong haseyo. Moon Jong Up imnida. It’s nice meeting you all.” I said bowing putting my mask back to its position. I actually don’t see a reason to introduce myself since all of them knows me but for the sake of the new students, I did.

The introduction went on until everyone finished their turns. The teacher then said a couple of rules, do’s and don’ts, and the basics. After two hours, the bell rang for the first break. I got my things ready when girls started approaching me, giving me their foods. I just bowed to them and got every single of it and stuff it all in my bag before I left the classroom. It was suffocating there. As soon as I got out, I fixed my uniform and turned back to see the new student about to walk out. But as soon as I turned my head to the front, I saw one of our group’s enemies glaring at me. I rolled my eyes on him and walked the opposite way. It’s not that I’m avoiding him. I’m avoiding getting in trouble because I had vowed never to fight ever again.

Daehyun’s POV

We were complete at our usual meeting place during break time—the abandoned basketball court. It was abandoned since the gymnasium was built a few years ago. It’s the only place we’re sure people won’t be seeing us, a place where we could remove our mouth mask. Himchan hyung, Youngjae, and Zelo were playing basketball while Yong Guk hyung watched some movies from his laptop. I just listened to my IPod as I stared at space. We’re almost complete except for Jong Up who’s usually the early one but now, he’s still not here.

“Sorry. I’m late.” He said throwing his bag on the bleachers. I turned to him and pulled my mask down.

“What took you long?” I asked. He hissed as he took a sit beside me. Himchan hyung, Youngjae, and Zelo stopped playing and approached us as Yong Guk hyung turned his laptop off and joined us.

“I can’t go the other way since Baekhyun was there.” He said.

“What? He rarely goes there.” Youngjae said and we all nodded.

“I know right?” He said.

“Then what’s the reason?” Yong Guk hyung asked.

“I think he got himself another girl.” He said and it reminded me of the dim-wit girl he was with this morning.

“Another one?! He doesn’t get tired huh?” Himchan hyung laughed. He shrugged.

“Who’s the girl? Your classmate?” Youngjae asked.

“Yeah, I think so. I actually pity the girl.” He said sighing.

“Poor girl. He got her under his spell.” Himchan hyung sarcastically said.

“Did you warn the girl then, hyung?” Zelo asked and Jong Up shook his head. “Why not?” Zelo pouted.

“I don’t even know her. I just think the girl’s my classmate.” He said. I smirked.

“So I was right.” I softly said but Jong Up unexpectedly heard it.

“You know her?” He said. I thought for a while if I should tell them or not but decided to tell them in end but not all the details.

“I met her this morning. They arrived in school together.” I said and they made an ‘o’ with their mouths.

“Then they’re really together, huh?” Yong Guk hyung said and I shrugged.

“Maybe.” I replied.

“Interesting. Until when do you think are they going to be together?” Himchan hyung said.

“A week?” Youngjae said and we laughed. I’m sure Baekhyun would just be using her, especially that’s she’s a dim-wit.

Hyomi’s POV

I got out the room after arranging my things. Baekhyun oppa stood by the door but as I got near him, I saw him glaring at someone but I couldn’t tell who so I creep to his side without him noticing since he was too busy glaring at someone I don’t know who.

“Who are you glaring at?” I asked as I stood by him making his shoulders jump. He breathed hard raising his eyebrow on me. “What?” I asked innocently but I honestly want to laugh at his reaction.

“Don’t do that.” He said.

“Do what?” He pouted.

“You know what I mean.” He said and I smirked.

“Let’s go. I’m hungry.” I said walking ahead of him. He then followed me, putting his arm over me but before I could push his arm away, a student approached us.

“Oppa, is she y-your girlfriend?” She stuttered that made me surprised again. Do we really look like a couple? Before I could even reply to her, Baekhyun oppa pulled me closer to him making the girl’s eye and her friend’s widen. I gulped not knowing what to do. I tried pushing him away but he held me tight.

“What if we are?” He said making me turn to him in shock. What the heck is he doing?! The girl just looked down shaking her head. “May you excuse us.” He said walking away. I glared at him but he just ignored me.

“What are you doing?” I whispered, enough for only him to hear.

“Just go with the flow, ok? Trust me.” He said without looking at me. I sighed. What is he up to now? But since he’s my cousin, I would believe him, only right now but I’ll demand an answer later when we’re at home.

Students were looking at us as we passed by the corridors to the cafeteria but Baekhyun oppa seemed not to notice the pairs of eyes looking at us. Or is it because he’s used with those stares? Oh my. As soon as we entered the cafeteria, students looked at us once again. I looked down in embarrassment. He’s my cousin yet everyone or at least what I could perceive with the way they look at us, thinks we’re dating, or more worst is I’m his girlfriend.

“Let go of me now, please.” I said in a soft voice. Luckily he did but he grabbed my hand leading me to a table with nine guys sitting. They looked at us with a smirk. I could feel that the stares never left us.

“Guys, meet my…” He moved closer to them and whispered something that I weren’t able to understand. I softly smack him on the back and he turned to me. I raised an eyebrow at him but he just gave me a sweet smile.

“Hyomi, right?” A guy nearest to me said. He has brown hair with chubby cheeks. He’s eyes was hazel brown and skin was just fair. I could say that he was indeed handsome. I nodded. “I’m Park Chan Yeol.” He put out his hand out and I shook it. He smiled. I smiled back bowing slightly to him.

“So formal.” A guy chuckled that made my cheeks turn pink.

“She’s really like that, aite, girl?” Baekhyun oppa blinked at me and I reluctantly nodded, still looking down. He’s really going to get it.

“I’m Lu Han. It’s nice to meet you, Hyomi.” He said putting his hand out but I was expecting for us to shake hands that’s why I took his hand but instead he kissed it that caught me off-guard as I take my hand back. They all laughed that made me turn red already from embarrassment. I heard my cousin chuckled beside me.

“It’s ok, Hyomi. They’re just like that.” He said patting me on the shoulder. I nodded biting my lower lip. They then introduced themselves one by one after I took a seat beside a guy named Kai and Baekhyun oppa.

The first awkward atmosphere turned to a fun one as they made me feel like I was no one new to them and it felt really good. I slowly got comfortable with them. They also knew about the death of my parents weeks ago and sympathized with me. I thanked them but we jumped to another topic as they noticed my teary eye. The table was full of laughter as many of them joked around.

In no time, the bell rang signaling the end of break. I bid bye to them as Baekhyun oppa and Chan Yeol oppa insisted to send me to class. Students who were on their way to their classrooms looked at us while some glared at me. I felt awkward since they believe something not true and that is about our true relation to each other. Soon enough, we reached my classroom.

“I can’t come later. I promised my classmate I’ll come with her.” I said and they both nodded. Suddenly, they looked away so I looked at who they were looking at and saw my classmate, Jong Up on his way to our classroom. Jong Up wasn’t looking at them the same way as my two oppas do but he was staring at them. As soon as Jong Up got in, I turned to them and gave them a queer look.

“Don’t tell me—“

“Avoid him.” Baekhyun oppa said in his serious tone of voice.

“Why? You can’t tell me who to be friends with oppa.” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“Just follow me.” He said and I slump my shoulders as I sighed.

“Tell me the reason first before I follow you.” I said.

“Just trust him Hyomi. It’s for your own good.” Chan Yeol oppa said. I sighed once again before nodding.

“I’ll get in now. Go now before you get late.” I said and they nodded as they walked away. As soon as they turned at the corner, I went in my room with students looking or rather glaring at me. When I got to my seat, a girl approached me. As I could remember, her name was Minhee.

“Why are you with them?” She asked.

“Me?” I said and she hissed.

“Of course you.” She retorted.

“Sorry. They just assisted me here.” I said and she smirked.

“Are you dumb for them to even assist you on your way here? What’s your relationship with them really? Are you one of their girls?” She said that hurt me. One of their girls?!

“No!” I said and she sneered.

“Then what are you?” She asked.

“I’m… Why do you even need to know?” I said, almost glaring at them.

“Stop it Minhee. Back off if you don’t want any fight.” Ah Neul said as she just got in the classroom. She just glared at Ah Neul and turned to me again.

“Of course I need—“ Before she could finish what she was saying, the teacher came in and I felt relieved. She glared at me before she went back to her seat which was at the other end of the room.

“Don’t mind her.” Someone said and when I turned, I saw Jong Up. He made an eye-smile and I awkwardly bowed to him before turning in front once again. I remembered what Baekhyun oppa told me. I don’t know why I need to avoid him because he seem to be nice like how he is now but they seemed to be serious so I would just follow them. I don’t want to be a burden even to them.

The class went on until the bell for lunch came. I placed all my things in my bag until Ah Neul tapped my on my shoulder.

“Let’s eat now?” She asked and I nodded with a smile.

As we made our way out the room, I met eyes with Jong Up but I immediately looked away as we hurried to the cafeteria to get a table. As soon as got in, the looks were not like it was during recess and it made me feel more at ease and comfortable. We settled at a table after grabbing a tray of food. We ate in silence for the first few minutes since we ate.

“So what’s up with you and Baekhyun-sunbaenim? I thought you two—“ I covered and she looked at me surprised. I shook my head and leaned closer.

“Don’t tell it to anyone.” I mentioned to her as I pulled my hand back.

“Huh? But why?” She asked and I shrugged.

“I also don’t know.” I said.

“Uhm…” She thought. “Ok but in one condition. Tell me the reason as soon as know because if not, you know what’ll happen.” She creased her eyes at me and I nodded.

“Yes, but please keep it as a secret.” I said softly and she nodded.

“Your secret is safe with me.” She said patting her chest and I smiled.

“Thanks.” I said and she nodded.

“So… Why did you transfer this semester?” She asked looking from her food to me.

“I had to. I’m leaving with my aunt right now.” I said.

“Oh, you mean…” I nodded. “But why? Where’s your parents?” She asked and I stopped eating. “A-Are you ok? Did I say something wrong?” She asked worriedly. I softly smiled and shook my head.

“My parents…already left me. They’re in heaven right now.” I said and she looked down.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to bring up the topic.” She said and I shook my head.

“It’s ok. I understand.” I said and she softly smiled. It was quiet for a while until noise was heard at the cafeteria. Six blonde-haired guys went in. I recognized two of them. Jong Up and the guy I met this morning.

“How come they visited today?” Ah Neul said watching the six guys walk in with girls following them.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked.

“They don’t go to the cafeteria. They are rarely seen in school during break time but rumors say that they have a hiding place somewhere here in the school.” She said.

“Oh…” I said and turned to the six guys until I met eyes again with the guy I had eye contact this morning. We just stared at each other for no reason until I felt someone looking at me too and found Baekhyun oppa looking at me from my side view. I immediately snapped out of my gaze and turned to my food.

I don’t know what is happening between their groups besides that they’re dance crew are rivals but I don’t think that’s enough reason for them to treat each other like this but whatever it is, I better not involve myself with it if I don’t want any problems. They went by us and when I made sure they already passed us completely, I looked up and watch their backs. They’re really a mysterious group. Why the heck should a student wear mask in school right? Or are they sick? But why are they hiding from all the students? I bet they could at least remove it when they eat. They also have the same blonde hairs that made my eyes feel hurt whenever I stare at it. Maybe they’re really weird but furthermore, they’re interesting. I just shrugged the thought out of my head as I continued eating.

“You’re thinking why they wear mask, am I right?” Ah Neul asked with a soft chuckle. I softly smiled and nodded.

“It’s kind of weird to wear a mask in school.” I said and she nodded too as she placed her spoon on .

“But you can tell who is who with the color of their mask.” She said as she looked at the six blonde guys falling in line on the counter for their food. “That one who wears green mask…” She said pointing at Jong Up. “…as what you know is Jong Up. He’s the best dancer out of them the second being that boy.” She said pointing to a guy with curly hair and blue mask. “His name is Zelo and he’s the maknae of their group. He’s younger by a year.” She said. “That guy over there with pink mask is the guy who one of the EXO members got a fight with. His name is Kim Himchan. He’s the second oldest from them.” She continued. Could that be the reason why they’re not in good terms? “The guy over there who wears the red mask is their leader, Bang Yong Guk. He’s known by his hoarse voice.” She said and I nodded as I look at the guy she points at but quickly looked away as I notice them turn to our direction. Ah Neul also looked away but she continued saying who is who. “The guy wearing the yellow mask is Youngjae. He acts mature than his age which is eighteen but many of his classmates says he’s the type to play around, and last but not the least, the guy wearing the white mask is no other than Jung Daehyun, the cold-mysterious guy of their group. He rarely talks to anyone besides his friends but he’s not rude. He greets people who greet him but never does he greet anyone.” She said and my eyes were glued on the guy named Daehyun. Cold-Mysterious guy, and why is that?

“Why is he cold to people?” I asked turning to her again as they walked by us and out the cafeteria. She shrugged.

“I also don’t know.” She said and I nodded in understanding. I again glance at him and my head was suddenly filled with questions about him. I don’t know why but I feel like knowing him more. It’s only today that I met a guy like him again. I suddenly remembered my best friend who at first ignores me and was cold to people but in the end, we became the best of friends. I smile slowly crept up my lips upon remembering it.

“Hey, you ok?” She poked me.

“Huh? Yes. I just remembered something.” I said smiling.

“Oh…” She nodded. “Mind sharing it with me?” She batted her eyelashes that made me chuckle. Before I could even say anything, the bell rang. I shrugged.

“Maybe it’s not the right time yet. I’ll tell you next time.” I said and she pouted.

“Ok, fine. As if I have a choice?” She said and I nodded with a soft chuckle.

“Kaja!” I said and she nodded as she stand up from her seat and we both walked out the cafeteria going back to our class.


Sorry if there are some grammatical and typographical errors. I didn't edit it already so I could update now. :)

Hi to my new readers! Please leave a comment! I'll appreciate it! Thank you!

Thank you!

Read, Comment, Subscribe! <3