Youngjae Oppa and His New Side

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

Black Out by Soul Connection


Chapter 54 – Youngjae Oppa and His New Side

Daehyun’s POV

I was walking towards the cafeteria to meet the other guys when I crossed path with Hyomi and Sehun. I stopped from walking and so did they. Sehun bowed and greeted me just like last time while Hyomi, as usual, just gave me a look. I wouldn’t be surprised though if Sehun would turn cold towards me. If I hadn’t known, he was there yesterday, following us both home.

I was really about to go home but the thought of Hyomi going home alone and the incident that happened just a few days ago made me secretly follow her. When I’m sure that she had entered her house safely, I turned, only to notice at a corner of a mini-mart near the street, Sehun stood and he quickly hid but I guess it was too late for I noticed him already. I just ignored it and continued walking away.

Panic actually entered me as I wasn’t wearing a mask that time. Maybe he didn’t see my face because if he did, he could’ve recognized me immediately. I mean, my hair is so obvious, right?

I bowed back to him before I passed by them but made sure I glanced at Hyomi for a second. She had her eyebrows raised like always and I just rolled my eyes entering. Aish. When will this end?

Hyomi’s POV

“Hey!” The EXO oppas greeted us as soon as we got to the table. I smiled and greeted them back before settling on a seat. I’m still feeling bothered by Sehun’s silent treatment since a while ago but he wouldn’t tell me what’s wrong.

“So how’s it going?” Lay oppa asked sipping on his drink after. I looked at Sehun since I don’t know if it’s really going well right now but decided to just smile and nod to not get them worried.

“That’s great then,” Xiu Min oppa said.

“The ball’s near. You’re coming, right?” Chen oppa asked.

“Yup,” I replied.

“Then for sure you already have a date?” Tao oppa said and before I could give him an answer, he received a smack on the arm from Kyungsoo oppa.

“Of course! Did you need to ask that?” He said rolling his eyes.

“Just asking. Geez,” Tao oppa said. I chuckled at them but immediately diverted my gaze to Sehun who seemed to be spacing out. I sighed.

The break passed like usual except for Sehun’s quietness. When the bell rang, we all stood up and left but before Sehun could leave, I held him back, making him face me. He just looked at me and I sighed letting him go.

“What’s the problem?” I asked. He shook his head.

“Nothing. I’m just…stressed lately,” he said. For some reason, I felt like crying. Not like I’m being so dramatic right now. I just hate how he treats me.

“C’mon. What lie is that? You know I know you too well, right?” I said and he looked away. “Fine. I’ll not force you. I just want you to know at least that I’m ready to listen. I’ll leave now,” I said as I walked away stopping by the door before completely walking out.

It has only been almost a month and a half. Please, I don’t want to end it, especially not like this.

Ah Neul’s POV

The bell rang and I sat up. He did the same before I bowed to him.

“Thanks,” I said.

“It’s nothing. I didn’t feel like entering the noisy cafeteria anyway,” he shrugged. I slightly smiled. “And how many times do I have to say that you didn’t need to be so formal?”

“Sorry. It’s just that… you know…” I said trying to find the right words. I heard him sigh.

“I understand. I’ll leave now then. Thanks for your time,” he said before sticking his hands inside his pockets. He went out the rooftop door before I let out a frustrated sigh. I followed a little after for I didn’t want to be late for our class.

When I got down and was walking on my classroom’s corridor, I noticed Hyomi walking opposite from me. I looked around and saw students walking in their rooms as well. I ran towards Hyomi and she jumped a bit. I frowned seeing how bothered she looked.

“You ok?” I asked as we started walking to our classroom which was just a meter away. She slightly nodded with a small smile.

I think I know what’s wrong. How wouldn’t I when I remember seeing her in the mall this weekend with BAP? And the most reasonable thing (though I don’t know if it’s reasonable) I could think of why they fought or something between the lines, was because of jealousy.

I don’t want to meddle in her business so I just smiled and nodded but not before saying that I’m always ready to listen if she needs someone. She gave me another smile before we both entered the room and the class began.

Sehun’s POV

When dismissal came, I let out a frustrated sigh that didn’t go unnoticed by Kai who immediately turned his chair to me.

“What’s the problem?” He asked. I sighed in reply. I don’t know if I should tell him because I don’t know if I’m being a reasonable guy here. “Are you just going to sigh there?” He said.

“Sorry,” I muttered.

“Let me guess. You two fought?” He asked leaning on his chair.

“Yeah, not really, I don’t know,” I said.

“Yeah, not really, I don’t know, what are you trying to say?” He said mocking me. I shrugged, sighing. “You want to go out and chill for a while?” He asked and I took it, thinking it’s the best option right now to get things out of my head. I also knew what he meant by that and thinking it’s really been a really-really long time, I don’t think turning the offer would be in the option.

We gathered all our things and I didn’t forget to message Hyomi that I couldn’t go home with her today. I just hope she won’t get mad though I know she’s already annoyed by how I’m acting since this morning.

“Let’s go?” Kai said and I nodded leaving the classroom and to the usual studio we go.

Hyomi’s POV

My phone vibrated as soon as I closed my locker and I checked to see it was a message from Sehun. I anxiously opened it hoping that he’s ready to tell me what’s wrong but to be disappointed in the end. I sighed replying before I put my phone away. I got startled as soon as I turned to the side. I almost bumped into someone.

“Sorry,” I muttered in a low voice and was about to leave when that person held me back, holding me by the arm. I looked up to see Youngjae oppa with a worried expression on.

“Are you ok?” He asked and I smiled, assuring him. “Uhm… Are you free right after?” He asked letting go of my arm. I wondered before nodding.

“Why?” I asked.

“I have this event that I really want to go and I was thinking if you want to come?” He asked. Should I come? We’re like together just the other day though. Whatever. I think I really do need someone to bother me. I smiled and nodded.

“Ok. Where’s it?” I said.

“Great. It’s a…uhm…a showcase. Something like that. I’ll wait for you by the gate, ok?” He said and I nodded.

“Ok. I’ll be right there,” I said and left to go get my things in the room. As soon as I got all my things ready, I sent a text to Baekhyun oppa saying I’ll be going home late and immediately met Youngjae oppa by the gate.

“Ready?” He asked and I nodded and with that, we left to I don’t know where but hoping it could really get my mind of things.

After a bus ride, we got down, walking by the sidewalk.

“Where are we really going?” I asked looking at my sides.

“You’ll see. Oh, we’re here,” he said stopping. I stopped and looked at the banner and my eyes widened.

“JAY PARK?!” I said and he smiled, nodding.

“Hope you don’t mind?” He said and I quickly shook my head.

“It’s okay. I’m fan,” I said.

“Oh, really? That’s good. Let’s go,” I said and we fell in line, with Youngjae oppa giving two tickets to the female by the booth before we were let in.

“Why did you have two tickets?” I asked cocking my head to the side to look at him.

“I invited Daehyun but he said he can’t,” he said and I nodded in understanding. As we neared the entrance to the hall, I could hear Jay Park’s songs booming inside with fans singing along.

“I hope we’re not late,” I heard him say and I can’t help but smile. I didn’t see him like this before and seeing it for the first time makes me go giddy.

“Is there dirt on my face?” He asked as he touched his face and I shook my head, laughing.

“There’s none, oppa,” I said.

“Oh… But why?” He asked.

“I like it…the new side you’re showing me,” I said and he pinked. I hope he didn’t misunderstood it though because it’ll be really a problem.

“Ah… Really?” He said rubbing the back of his neck. I heard someone talking inside and I immediately pulled him inside.

“Palli. It’s about to start,” I said pushing the door open.

We went in and squeezed ourselves through the crowd. We muttered continuous sorry until we reached a pretty good place. We’re all standing so I really need to get a near place or else this is waste of effort. I know it to be short.

“Do you want him to go out already?” The host teased and the whole hall shook with the loud screams of ‘neh’ and I just shout along to disturb myself. I’m not a super fan but I do like his music. The people started shouting Jay Park’s name over and over until it turned to ‘kya’ as the most awaited guy came in making me shout also. It’s so embarrassing.

I looked at my side to look at Youngjae oppa and saw him concentrated on the show and was also shouting along which I find cute. This is sure a new Youngjae and I like it better but either side, I’m happy to have such a great oppa.

Youngjae’s POV

I tensed as Hyomi kept hold of my arm until we got a place inside. I’ve never been this close to girls except when I’m swarmed by my so-called fangirls and when I’m in a crowded place but this is different. It’s her. Okay? I looked down my arm where she held and looked up. When I noticed her turn, I immediately looked forward and cheered along like some lunatic fan.

I’m a fan but not the hardcore. I like his music that’s all. He’s also one of my idols, the reason why I wanted to go today to his event. The event went on with loud screams from fans, some fanservice from Jay Park until this part where fans were called up to the stage. I laughed at those fan girls who almost fainted when they were called up the stage. I was so focused on that that I didn’t notice Hyomi calling me.

“Oppa, you’re called on stage!!!” She said making me whip my head to her.

“What?” I asked surprised. Now, all the attention is on us.

“Excuse me,” a voice said and I turned to see one of the event organizers, I think, calling me.

“Go!” Hyomi said pushing me lightly on the arm. I looked back once to her before I walked up to stage. I can’t imagine this. Like, for real? I’m going to be on stage with him, my idol? Hyomi might have brought luck to me.

The host went on with his talking and asked us to introduce ourselves until a song played and they asked us to dance along with Jay leading us. I was lucky I know the dance and song itself so it wasn’t a hassle. After the dance, the fans practically went crazy and if I wasn’t on the stage, I swear I would cover my ears from the noise.

“Looks like we have so many talented fans,” the host commented whilst all the cheers from the fans. We were then given the privilege to shake hands and hug Jay Park although I just shook his hands before we went down the stage with a girl handing us some freebies.

As soon as I got back to my place beside Hyomi, she clapped and said I was awesome making me blush that I hoped she didn’t see. The show went on until after an hour Jay Park said his last remarks before getting off stage.

When we were let out, we were all sweating and we looked like a mess. I looked at Hyomi and so did she before we both laughed.

“Eww, I’m so sticky,” she said and I laughed, ruffling her hair. “Hey! It’s already messed up, why need to add up?” She said and I stick my tongue out on her. I kept on ruffling her hair as she fixed it until we heard a voice shouting. We turned to see a guy who I think I saw a while ago at the event, approaching us.

“Excuse me. Are you Youngjae? The guy a while ago?” He asked panting.

“Ah, neh. What may I help you?” I asked and looked at Hyomi who just shrugged.

“May we take some of your time? It’ll just be fast,” he said and I hesitated. It’s already dark and I couldn’t possibly leave Hyomi alone. I was about to talk when Hyomi nodded.

“Neh, sir,” she said. I gave her a look and she just smiled. “You go. I’ll wait here,” she said.

“You sure?” I asked and she nodded, smiling.

“This way,” the guy said and I followed him not forgetting to take one last glance at Hyomi.

Hyomi’s POV

I stayed on where we stood a while ago like what I said and waited for him. I looked out the entrance and saw the night sky. I checked my wrist and saw that it was already past six in the evening. I haven’t received any messages from Baekhyun oppa so I guess it’s still not that late.

I wonder why he was called. The most obvious reason would be his impressing performance earlier. I knew how well he danced but it was a little different when he is just the one dancing, without any of his pals with him. Five minutes had passed when I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked around to see Youngjae oppa.

“So how was it? Why did they call you?” I asked.

“Let’s talk about it elsewhere. Let’s go,” he said and I nodded. “Do you need to go home yet?” He asked as we stepped out.

“I guess. It’s also getting dark,” I said.

“Oh,” he said.

“But I could stay for that news from you,” I said smiling. He chuckled.

“Araso. Let’s go to some place not that crowded. How about I treat you to dinner?” He said.

“Uhm…” I said thinking. For sure there isn’t any food at home and we would have to cook too. Plus, this is a great chance to know Youngjae oppa more and I really can’t wait to hear the reason why he was called earlier. “Ok. That sounds good,” I said and smiled.

“Great. There’s this near…” he began as I followed him walk. I just listened to him and found how he could really be talkative when he’s been carried away by the topic.

We reached this small restaurant and entered, the chimes making clinging sounds as we opened the door. We walked in and looked for a table. There weren’t too many people and the ambiance was quiet but comfortable. As soon as we took a sit, a waiter approached us to get our orders. I really wasn’t familiar so I let Youngjae oppa pick and after the waiter left, we started talking about why he was called earlier.

“They asked me if I’m interested to be an idol,” he said making my eyes wide.

“JEONGMAL?!” I said but made sure it was not that loud to disturb anyone. He nodded. “But what did you say?”

“I said that I am but I’ll first focus on my studies first, plus, I don’t want to leave the guys,” he said with a sly smile.

“You sure are a great friend,” I said.

“Well, if you were in my position, wouldn’t you turn it down as well?” He asked.

“Of course! It will feel different once you step on stage with other people than your friends whom you’ve been together and made those dreams with,” I said, smiling. He smiled back and we talked about random stuff after until our food came and started eating.

The time with this guy who’s one of those who talk less in the group was really something I wouldn’t forget. After our meal, he sent me to the bus stop and offered to bring me home but I declined it and said I could go home by myself.

“But what if those girls are still after you?” He asked worried.

“I’ll be fine,” I said laughing at how paranoid he was. I was even surprised he knew.

“Are you sure?” He said and I nodded.

“I’ll be alright oppa. Don’t worry about me. So I’ll get going. I really had fun. I hope we could go out again sometime and do these things,” I said and he smiled, nodding.

“Sure. Whenever you’re free, we’ll keep doing this,” he said and I smiled. My bus arrived and I got in.

“Take care. Bye,” I said before the door closed and I waved to him through the window. I walked in and looked for a seat. When I settled down, I looked out the window and saw Youngjae oppa busy typing on his cell phone.

After a thirty minute ride, I arrived at my stop and now I knew why he was typing on his cell phone. Jongup was waiting there. I sighed, smiling. Another day that started not that well but ended with a smile. 


HI! I was supposed to update it the day before but AFF was acting a little off that time so yeah. I hope this chapter didn't disappoint you although it may seem like a filler. I'll be updating again maybe on Friday. Please wait for it! THANK YOU! :)

/Youngjae oppa on the moves~/ 

Love you all! :)