Step One

Wishing Upon A Flower

Somebody Else by Se7en


Chapter 19 – Step One

Hyomi’s POV

I was looking down on my lap the whole time since we all entered the house and sat at the living room. The air was tense. None of us said a word. They were glaring at each other while I sat helpless. I shouldn’t be surprised anymore but why am I so quiet now? I looked up to them but they paid no attention since they were busy giving each other daggers or just looking around the room. I gulped before clearing my throat. I looked at Ah Neul who sat beside me and she gave me an assuring smile.

“Guys,” I begun and they turned to me. I met eyes with Mr. Arrogant and I could feel he’s mad right now, he’s always been towards me right? “About this, uh, I hope you understand because, uh,”

“Just say it, would you?” I was taken a back when Mr. Arrogant said that. I can’t blame him either though I felt disrespected.

“YAH!” Luhan oppa said who stood up but was pulled back by Minseok oppa.

“Stop it guys.” Minseok oppa said.

“S-Sorry.” I said biting my lower lip.

“You—“ Mr. Arrogant was about to say something again when their leader as I assume gave him a stern look.

“I don’t know how to tell why we all end up staying in one place. Uh,” I already don’t know what to say. I looked at Jongup and he was just looking at me with pained eyes. I feel so guilty now. Did I do the right choice? Auntie said I am, so should I believe that or what’s happening now?

“How about you guys tell us why you’re here?” Kris oppa said. Jongup turned to me while his friends looked at him. I closed my eyes biting my lower lip.

“I invited them.” I blurted out making all EXO oppas look at me. I tried my best to look at them and tell them why I invited them but I can’t pull the words out so I just made my own reason. “I know this will make me look nosy but I hope you guys understand. I did this because I thought this will be a way for you guys to fix everything that had happened in the past. I’m sorry if I have to meddle in with this but I do hope you understand.” I said and it fell silent. The silence was deafening but I couldn’t do anything.

“We’re here. We couldn’t do anything. Let’s just enjoy since that’s why we’re here.” Minseok oppa said as he stood up making us look at him. He smiled towards me and I smiled back.

“Yeah, we’re already here and going back would already be a waste of money.” The guy wearing the red mask said and I felt relieved since at least, two people sided with me or even stood up for my own sake. “Hyomi-ssi, where could we stay?” He said turning to me. It’s the first itme hearing his voice and it was hoarse like what Ah Neul told me but it didn’t scare me like how others with hoarse voice have. It was different and I don’t know why. I nodded and stood up.

“I’ll show you. It’s up stairs.” I said and they nodded. The BAP guys stood up as their leader told them so while EXO oppas and Ah Neul stayed.

“Please keep them company, Ah Neul. Thanks.” I whispered to her before I accompanied BAP to their rooms. It was awkward, so awkward, even with Jongup around.

“You have a big house, Hyomi-ssi.” The leader said, startling me.

“Oh,” I said. “We’re here. Uhm, two people could share a room together. Those are the free rooms. You guys could pick what you like.” I said and they looked at each other.

“Let’s go by age?” Jongup said, the first thing he said since he came. They all nodded parting to their partners. Before Mr. Arrogant came in with the guy with yellow-mask who I’m sure saved me before from the queenkas, he gave me stern look. This time, I wasn’t able to say something but to look down. They went in their rooms so I was left alone outside until I heard a voice behind me.

“Hyomi, let’s talk.” I turned and found Baekhyun oppa looking at me with his hands inside his pocket. I looked down then sighed. I nodded and followed him to the terrace. “So, are you going to say something?” He said, leaning on the railings, facing me. I stood in front of him, looking down. “You know what’s going on between us so why did you invite both of us here?”

“It’s not that oppa. I know you guys are not in good terms. I know it. I just have no other choice.” I said avoiding his gaze as much as possible.

“Why not, Hyomi?” He said.

“Can I return the question oppa? Why not? Why not fix what happened between you guys? I believe it can be or should I have not?” I said trying to hold back my tears. We stared at each other until he looked away.

“It’s not easy.” He said.

“You think it’s not easy that’s why it becomes hard.” I said. We both kept quiet until someone came.

“What are you guys doing here?” We both turned to look who it was and found Suho oppa. He approached us and nodded to Baekhyun.

“Go down and help the guys finding their way around.” He ordered. Baekhyun oppa sighed before leaving. I sighed looking down. A little after, I felt someone hug me and I know it has to be Suho oppa since we were the only ones there. He patted my back, making me feel alright.

“Sorry oppa, sorry.” I said while sobbing.

“No. We’re sorry for being insensitive.” He said. I broke the hug and looked at him.

“I don’t get—“

“Ah Neul told me everything.” He said making me look down.

“I didn’t know you guys would also ask the same thing so I agreed to Jongup’s request.” I said. He gave me a faint smile.

“I understand. You both treat us as your friends and if I were in your position too, I might’ve done the same thing.” He said, giving me a warm smile.

“Thank you oppa.” I said and he nodded, smiling. He ruffled my hair.

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell the others about it if that’s what you want. We couldn’t do anything too, anyway. Maybe you’re right. I guess we could fix everything that had happened in past.” He said and his positivity made me feel happy. “Let’s go. Lunch is coming. We need to cook something already.” He smiled and I nodded. We both walked to the stairs but I told him to go first. I got all my courage to go to Jongup’s room. I stood in front of his door. My hand’s shaking as I raised it to knock. Before I could even knock, the door opened, revealing the blue-masked boy. I pulled my hand back to my side and stared down on the floor.

“Hi noona.” He greeted that made me surprised.

“Y-You’re not mad?” I asked and his eyes smiled.

“There’s a reason, right?” He said. I nodded. “I’ll go to the other hyungs room. Jonguppie’s inside.” He said as he walked out and went in a room. I peeked in the room and Jongup was busy fixing his things. I knocked on the door to get his attention.

“Get in.” He said without looking up. I reluctantly went in and stood by the door.

“Are you mad?” I asked.

“What do you think?” He asked still fixing his things.

“You are?” I said. He stopped with what he’s doing and looked at me.

“Why didn’t you tell me we’re going with EXO?” He asked.

“Sorry. I didn’t know at first and I don’t want to break my promise with you either nor with them. I thought, this way, you guys could fix everything. But maybe I’m being stupid again. I’m sorry.” I said, apologizing. There was silence as I stared down and he continued fixing his things.

“HYOMI!” Someone called me and when I turned, I found Ah Neul. She peered over my shoulder and found Jongup. “Oh, hi Jongup.” She said. Jongup looked up and gave her his eyesmile but it was different than the usual. I sighed. Ah Neul looked at me worriedly and I shrugged.

“Let’s go.” I said softly as I walked out but glanced at Jongup again before going down the stairs with Ah Neul trailing behind me.

Jongup’s POV

I dismissed what I was doing as soon as Hyomi and Ah Neul had left the room. I’m not mad. I’m disappointed. I have so many plans for the vacation and now, I couldn’t do it because we’re not alone with her but it’s not as if I’m going to do something bad or something. The guys might be mad at me right now but hey, I didn’t know ok. I’m also dumbfounded like they are. But that’s not the point here. All my plans for this trip are ruined.

Himchan’s POV

I stared at my things as Yongguk hyung fixed his. He looks so fine with it while I’m the opposite. I can’t contain my anger a while ago as I found out I’m with them, no, I mean that bastard guy.

“You know what, your things wouldn’t move and go to where they should be if you just stare at it.” Yongguk hyung said as he finished fixing his on the closet.

“BUT HYUNG! Aren’t you bothered we’re living with them?!” I said and he rolled his eyes.

“Of course I’m bothered but what can we do? We’re already here. Also, you should fix your problem so that we could fix ours too.” He said and I glared at him pulling my mask off.

“Yah! Are you blaming me?” I said.

“I’m not blaming you. I’ll ask you a question. How many years had passed?” He asked turning to me.

“Why?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Just answer me.” He said.

“Three years and counting.” I said.

“Aren’t you tired of counting then?” He said and I stared at him as if he was some crazy guy but obviously he’s not. He’s just being a hyung and even if I hate the fact that he’s right, I couldn’t argue. Am I not tired of counting yet? I tried to stay firm, strong, unaffected but what he said slapped me on the face hard. “Jongup, all these years, he had been supporting you on whatever you do. Now, he has his first girl bestfriend and possibly his first love but he’s been restricted for many things because she’s their muse. Second, Zelo likes Hyomi even as noona, obviously but he knows he couldn’t show it because she’s their muse. Third, Daehyun, you probably—“

“OK! I get it!” I said slamming my hand on the bed. I let out a loud sigh. Yongguk hyung stood up and looked at me.

“Make a move before it’s too late.” He said before he left the room. I groaned as I closed my eyes. Kim Himchan, what are you going to do now?

Daehyun’s POV

I threw my things on the floor and Youngjae raised an eyebrow at me.

“What do you think are you doing?” He said as he put his things down, the right manner.

“I shouldn’t have come.” I groaned.

“Is that what your heart is saying or what your ego is saying?” He said and I glared at him.

“What are you trying to say?” I said.

“I know you don’t like we’re staying with them but can you do anything?” He said sitting on the bed and zipping his bag open.

“Don’t tell me you like the whole idea of g—“

“I do.” He said making me grunt.

“Are you serious?” He said.

“I want a vacation and I think this would be fine.” He said as if it was the most obvious thing that made look at him.

“A vacation with that dimwit and with her oppas who are our rivals?” I said.

“What’s wrong with fixing everything?” He said bluntly, looking at me. Here he goes again. Using his wit to make me feel wrong or making me go out of words until I get tired.

“I’m not saying there’s something wrong with it.” I said trying to outwit him.

“Then what are you fuming about?” He said. I tried to stop myself on blurting the reason why because I know he would just talk back.

“You would just throw witty things to me when I say the reason.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Then just feel comfortable. We’re here to enjoy and for you to create good memories. If you will let that ego of yours to eat you, how could you?” He said and I clenched my fist. How could he be so smart or is it just I’m dumb? That couldn’t possibly be.

“Hyungs!” We turned to the door and found Zelo. He went in and closed the door.

“What are you doing here maknae?” Youngjae asked.

“Nothing. Just want to check out your room. Jongup and Hyomi noona is also in the room so yeah.” My eyes widened.

“Doing what?” Youngjae asked.

“I don’t know. I just left them.” Zelo shrugged and I almost grabbed his collar for being to stupid.

“You left them?! What if they—“ They looked at me then grinned.

“Are you jealous?” They said and my eyes widened. Did I sound jealous?

“Of course not! Why would I? I’m just concerned because that dimwit might seduce him and you know, urg.” I said hating myself for even saying a thing to them. They smirked.

“If you say so, then go check them that is if you’re ready on what you would see.” Zelo said making glare at him.

“Fine. I’ll show you how unaffected I am by their lovey dovey.” I said standing up and trudged out the door but stopped when I got my feet out. I could clearly hear them talking to each other and the first words I heard is, “I didn’t want to break my promise with you,” and for some reason, my eyes furrowed. Are they like together? It’s not like I’m jealous but I’m just curious.

“What are you doing?” My eyes widened as I found Yongguk hyung walking towards my direction. I quickly pulled him inside our room before Hyomi catch us. I closed the door behind us and they stared at me surprised. “What are you doing?” Yongguk hyung repeated.

“Just eavesdropping.” I said.

“Did you see what they’re doing?” Zelo said wriggling his eyebrows.  I glared at him.

“Doing what?” Yongguk hyung asked as he turned to Zelo then to me.

“You know hyung, the lovey dovey?” Youngjae said and the two laughed.

“Yah! This byuntaes.” Yongguk hyung said.

“What did you hear hyung?” Zelo asked.

“She said she doesn’t want to break her promise with Jongup, happy?” I said and they looked at each other.

“Promise?” They said. Ok. That’s also my question.

Suddenly, we heard a knock on our door, we turned to look and it was Jongup with a plain face on. The four of us looked at each other then turned to him.

“What were you doing at your room?” Yongguk hyung asked.

“Fixing my things?” He said and let out a short laugh. “Why? What are you guys thinking?” He said. We shrugged.

“Nothing. We thought,” Youngjae said.

“Thought what?” Jongup asked.

“You were doing something with noona.” Zelo said making us glare at him.

“What?! Are you guys crazy?!” He said laughing.

“It’s because you were with her alone!” Yongguk hyung said.

“It doesn’t mean we would do something. We’re often alone together but nothing like that ever happened.” He said.

“Then what’s with promise?” Youngjae asked.

“Promise? It’s nothing. They were asking by the way what we like to eat.” Jongup asked.

“They’re asking us?” Youngjae, Yongguk hyung, and Zelo said. He nodded.

“Anything would do. As long as it’s edible. Oh, someone should watch them, they might put something in it.” I said and they glared at me.

“Funny, Daehyun, funny.” Yongguk hyung said rolling his eyes on me.

“I’ll go down and help.” Yongguk hyung said standing up. We looked at him.

“Are you serious? What if they just ask you to stay away from them?” I asked.

“I suppose they’re still mature enough.” Yongguk hyung said before going out and was startled to see Ah Neul standing.

“Oh, H-Hi?” She said making us in the room laugh. Is she scared of Yongguk hyung? Yongguk hyung turned to us and glared.

“Ah Neul, hyung’s going to help. Uhm, I’ll just help too.” Jongup said. Ah Neul nodded and they left.

“I think hyung’s being a hyung now.” Zelo said as he stared at the door. I shrugged.

“He’s always been a hyung to me though he could be so childish at times.” I smirked.

“Don’t you guys want to help?” Youngjae asked.

“There’s already to of them there but if you want, then it’s ok.” Zelo said.

“You want, hyung?” Youngjae asked turning to me. I looked at him.

“I don’t know?” I said. I’m saying the truth. I want to help but something’s pulling me back.

“Then we’ll just help.” Youngjae said and the two of them left me. I sighed as I lie down on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

I’m here at my hometown. Memories are coming back to me and it hurts. I’m here to make good memories but how? Why is it so hard? 

 


 

Double update? :))