He Likes Her

Wishing Upon A Flower

A Bitter Day by Hyuna ft. G.NA and Junhyung

Chapter 47 – He Likes Her

Daehyun’s POV

It was another day in school. I walked to my classroom in the usual hallway I take. Still with my mask on, I just reply a nod to those who greeted me until a group of girls caught my attention. I slowed down my pace and listened to them.

“Yeah, she’s such a ,”

“I wonder how the oppas fell for her,”

“Maybe she just couldn’t stop herself from being a . I can’t imagine it. She just had Baekhyun as her boyfriend then now what, Sehun oppa?”

“She should just go die,”

That’s when I did stop, right before them. I faced them and they were caught off-guard as they put their head down.

“What did you say?” I asked as I walked near them.

“I—“

“Be careful with what you say. You may never know who you’re going against to,” I said before walking away. I don’t know what brought me to say that. It’s just that I hate hearing people say those kind of things.

As I walked in the room, I immediately found Youngjae swarmed by his fangirls and I can’t help but roll my eyes. It’s been like this and honestly, it was bothersome. I walked towards them and cleared my throat. First, they were ignorant, until I tap someone on the shoulder and spoke in my deep voice.

“Excuse me but you’re blocking my way,” I said and immediately they moved away, saying good bye to Youngjae and walking away.

“Thanks bro,” Youngjae said, sighing.

“Sure,” I said as I settled on my seat and lean on my chair, still thinking of what I heard this morning. Curious, I turned to him and he gazed at me.

“What?” He asked.

“You heard of it?” I asked and slightly tilt his head sidewards.

“About what?” He asked.

“Nothing,” I said before turning once again.

“Ok,” he said rubbing his neck.

The class began in a few minutes but I couldn’t seem to concentrate as my mind flew somewhere else. And yes. It’s yet about Hyomi. Aish. When would she stop getting herself into trouble? Whenever she gets in trouble, I just cannot not get myself involved. Frustrated, I messed my hair.

“Aish,” I uttered.

“Yes Mr. Daehyun?” I looked up to my teacher. He has his eyes on me, as well as my classmates. I cleared my throat before shaking my head.

“Nothing. I’m sorry,” I said and he let out a loud sigh before continuing with his lessons.

It was three hours long of lessons when at last, the bell rang for the first break. I stuffed my things inside my bag before letting out another round of sigh.

“You alright?” Youngjae asked and I nodded.

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I?” I said.

“Well, you’re spacing out,” he said, shrugging.

“It’s nothing. Let’s go,” I said and he nodded.

As we walked through the hallways, we happened to pass by Hyomi’s hallway and found Sehun outside her room. So it’s true? But I thought… Right. That names.

I visited the last classroom I am in before I left for Seoul with omma. I felt tears flowing out my eyes but I held it in. I went in the room. It was my fourth grade room. I looked around it. The marks I’ve made with my buddies in making troubles. I walked to my seat and checked what I’ve written on it. Of course it has my name but there’s another thing written on it and I’m sure it wasn’t there when I left. I squint my eyes at it.

‘Hyomi <3 Sehun’

Unconsciously, my fist clenched. So I’m not wrong. It was really her who occupied the msae seat years ago. How could I be so stupid?

As we walked past them, I glanced at her and she seemed to happen to look my way too but I rolled my eyes before walking away. Great. How great. What’s my problem? I shouldn’t even give a damn about it but heck. What is this feeling?

Hyomi’s POV

I felt safe as soon as I entered my room although it felt safer being beside him. The news spread like fire as soon as we stepped in school this morning. I tried to keep it because I knew this would happen but he insisted. He said that he’ll take care of it so I believed him. Ah Neul kept on asking me questions I didn’t know how to answer. Jongup, however, didn’t talk to me. It worried me but the thing is, he won’t talk to me no matter what. When the bell rang for the break, I tried again but he seemed to just push me away.

“I need to go,” he said before grabbing his things and left.

“What his problem?” I uttered.

“You’re the problem,” Ah Neul said. I looked at her and she rolled her eyes. “Doesn’t matter but is it true? You know, you and Sehun dating?” she asked. Blushing, I nodded and she beamed, hugging me. I’m happy but with what’s happening, I can’t seem to be fully happy. “Oops, looks like your boyfriend is already here to fetch you,” she said. I turned around and found Sehun by the doorway but another guy, who walked behind him, also cuaght my attention. It was Daehyun. He rolled his eyes as usual before walking away with Youngjae. Don't tell me he's also going to ignore me? I sighed before turning back to Sehun. He waved at me smiling. I smiled back. It still felt weird because the last time we were just best friends and now, we’re boyfriend and girlfriend.

The hand holding felt different too as we both know we liked each other unlike before that we still have the hesitation to do that kind of action. Everything is almost perfect, if not only the girls in our school would get in the way always, especially the queenkas. I haven’t heard of them but I could sure feel them lurking around me, throwing glares.

“Let’s go?” He asked, approaching me. I nodded but turned to Ah Neul first.

“Do you want to come?” I asked. Ah Neul shook her head.

“I’m fine. No need to worry,” she smiled before waving and leaving.

“Uh, ok,” I uttered. I looked at Sehun. “Weird. I thought she would love to come. She could eat with Kai oppa,” I whispered.

“What? What about Kai?” He said.

“Huh? Nothing. Are we eating with the oppas?” I asked and he nodded.

“We need to. They’ve been pestering me since a while ago,” he chuckled that made me chuckle as well. We then left the room feeling eyes watching us.

Kai’s POV

We were already complete around the table except for one person. Sehun. That lover boy. He must be fetching Hyomi in her room. I wonder though where he got all the guts to act like a boyfriend even though he knows the situation where the whole campus knows the it’s Baekhyun hyung and Hyomi dating.

We were chatting when the queenkas approached our table. Oh no. Not them. I don’t like their presence. Never.

“Hi oppas!” They beamed and it almost made me puke.

“Oh, hey,” the hyungs greeted and I slightly shook my head. I just ignored them, bothering myself with the food set in front of me.

“Baekhyun oppa.” No wonder. They came for that.

“Yes?” Baekhyun hyung asked as he looked up to them.

“Do you know already?” She asked and Baekhyun hyung obviously played stupid and asked what. “Your girlfriend is playing with you. She’s cheating on you with your own friend!” They said and Baekhyun hyung slightly chuckle, making us laugh softly on our own.

“I never said we’re together,” Baekhyun hyung said, making them agape.

“B-But—“

“Oh, there they are. Sehun-ah! Hyomi-ah!” Luhan hyung said, calling over the two lovers. Sehun smiled while Hyomi seemed to be shy still. Sehun grabbed her hand before they both strode to our table.

“Hi,” Sehun greeted. “Oh, hey,” he said as he noticed the presence of the annoying, irritating, queenkas who has their eyes wide, mouth slightly open, face getting red from anger. Now, the attention of the whole cafeteria is on us. It turned quiet as everyone seemed to be interested.

“By the way, Hyomi, come here,” Baekhyun said motioning Hyomi over.

“Huh? Wae?” She asked.

“Aish, just come,” he said and Hyomi looked at Sehun first who just nodded before standing beside Baekhyun hyung who stood up.

“Meet my cousin, Hyomi,” he proudly introduced. The campus was filled with whispers and gasps. The queenkas was stunned as they stood motionless on their position until Baekhyun cleared his throat and snapped his fingers.

“O-Oppa—“ They stuttered. “I can’t believe it,” the leader said while shaking her head. She turned to Hyomi and I noticed how her eyes glared at her. They gave her one last look before muttering something and walking away.

Hyomi bit her lip looking down. Sehun, feeling her discomfort, put a hand on her shoulder. She looked at him and slightly smiled. Sehun gave her a smile and I can’t help but chuckle. This two, they act so lovey dovey it makes me laugh.

“Ehem,” Suho hyung cleared his throat to get their attentions. “Enough of that. It’s getting…weird,” he said.

“How about you two take a seat?” Minseok hyung said. The two immediately took a seat the opposite from me, beside Luhan hyung.

“SO… How’s the first day of being together?” Lay hyung asked. Hyomi’s cheeks immediately turned to different shades of red as she stuttered to get her words out.

“We’re doing good. Thanks for the help, anyway. If not for your help, I wouldn’t be able to get the courage the confess,” Sehun said and I could see he too was embarrassed already.

“Aigoo. This two. How could you even get a girlfriend first?” Chanyeol snickered.

“You’re just a hopeless romantic, Yeol,” Jongdae hyung said making the table be filled with laughter.

“Uh. Where’s your best friend anyway? Doesn’t she have anyone to go with?” Kyungsoo hyung suddenly asked. Curiously, we looked at him. His eyes widened, the usual one. “What?”

“Do you like her?” Kris hyung said.

“What? No! Is it wrong to ask something about your friend?” Kyungsoo hyung said and I had to accept he has a point there but it felt different. I know something is up. It’s either he likes her or he’s starting to like her. He usually not like this.

“She quickly left a while ago so I’m really not sure,” Hyomi said. Kyungsoo hyung, who had been receiving teases, just nodded.

“Aish, I’m not. Ok,” he said, stopping the topic but the way his cheeks turned pink proves my presumption.

He likes her.

No One’s POV

A week had passed since Hyomi and Sehun got together and a week after the truth about her true relationship with Baekhyun spread. Because of it, unexpectedly, some people started to approach her, asking about Baekhyun. Mostly, they were Baekhyun’s fangirls so maybe that is why they didn’t bother.

Somehow Hyomi felt a little bit ok with it though some people still hates her. Sehun though has always been by her side and would protect her from anyone who tries to talk bad about her. BAP was never seen during recess and lunch breaks a day after that when usually, they would go to the cafeteria to buy food and sometimes stay. Now, they didn't even step foot inside the cafeteria which was odd for some students who was hoping to see them. They’ve been in their hiding place and Hyomi didn’t have time to go there although she tried to talk to them but every one of them seemed to ignore her.

One afternoon, she quickly caught up with Jongup who tried to leave as soon as the teacher dismissed them. She blocked him before he could even take a step out of the classroom. Other students turned to look at them but quickly went back to their business.

“Let’s talk, please?” Hyomi begged but Jongup looked away.

“What?” He asked, bluntly. Hyomi let out a sigh before putting her hand down to her side from the door frame.

“Is there a problem? Why are you guys avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?” Hyomi asked. Jongup didn’t answer, instead, he softly looked at her. Hyomi looked back at him, waiting for him to talk about he said nothing, to her dismay. “Tell me, please,” Hyomi said. Jongup gulped before looking past her.

“Are you done? I need to go,” Jongup said breaking her heart. How could he just turn cold to her? That was the puzzle she has been trying to figure out. Feeling hopeless, she moved aside, giving enough space for him to pass. They stood for a few seconds before Jongup walked out. As he walked away, Hyomi stood by the door, watching.

“What did I do wrong?”

 As Jongup turned around the corner, he stopped and leaned on the wall. His fist clenched and softly, he punched the wall until he felt someone holding him by the shoulder. He looked up to see Zelo.

“Have you talked to her?” He asked. Jongup looked down and shook his head. “I understand. Let’s go. The hyungs are waiting for us,” he said and Jongup sighed.

"Sorry, Hyomi."

Time--That's what they need.


 

Who loves their new song, No Mercy? Boom Clap Boom Boom Clap anyone?! :))

I love how they tried a different genre of music. Don't you, also? :)

Anyways, sorry for the late updates. I know this chapter is short but I hope you bear with me. It's just that I'm running out of ideas though the plot is still in my head. Anyways, I'm opening the other couple story again. Kekeke~ I'll try to put more interactions for them. Sorry for the grammatical and typo errors here and there. I didn't edit this already. I'll update as soon as I can! 

Read, Comment, Subscribe! :)