Love Confessions

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

You're My Friend by Lee Seunggi

 


 

Chapter 35 – Love Confessions

Hyomi’s POV

“Yah!” I squirmed on my position upon hearing a horrible voice waking us up.

“We’re here,” a more calm voice said. I opened my eyes to see Daehyun rolling his eyes and Youngjae oppa smiling. I just slightly smile. The two beside me stretched and yawned. I looked out the window and found a house not that big neither small but modern. The front yard was designed to a little garden with a small fountain.

“Whose place is this?” I asked looking around.

“Mine but that’s not the point. Let’s get in the house before anyone see us,” Himchan oppa said smiling a little. I just nodded and helped them getting the things down from the car. I’m not sure why I could act so cool when I know, or at least what I assume, we’re in great danger.

When we got in, a furnished living room welcomed us. It was connected to the dining room as well. The interior got the better than the exterior. It was more modern but simple that I’m left in awe for a few minutes just wandering around. I couldn’t believe Himchan oppa is so rich. I mean, if he is, why did he not just use his riches to get rid of the thugs?

“Oppa, if you’re this rich then you should’ve just used your money to get rid of those thugs,” I said, voicing out my opinion. He slightly smiled before nodding. He walked beside me and put an arm over my shoulder that until now, I can’t get used too.

“I know but I’ll get in trouble with my parents when they found about it,” he said before smiling. I’m surprised since he’s still affords to smile like this even though he might get in trouble, I mean, a larger trouble.

“Uhm, then what about your families?” I asked looking at the others.

“All of our parents live away from Seoul so we seldom see them and we’re sure they’re safe except for Daehyun’s mom,” Youngjae replied. I turned to Daehyun and saw him stiffened.

“I’ve taken care of it,” he said before walking away with his things. “Where would I stay, hyung?” He asked. I scoffed. I already thought that he somehow has a soft spot but I guess he doesn’t. How could he just say he has taken care of it?! I hate his guts. This isn’t even his home for him to talk like that.

“Easy dongsaeng,” Himchan oppa said. He turned to me smiling. “I’ll show you your rooms. Let’s go,” he said and I nodded. I still felt uneasy. I didn’t even bring anything with me. We all walked up the stairs to the second floor. There were only three rooms so I began to worry since we are seven in total.

“The six of us would share two rooms since Hyomi couldn’t possibly share a room with any of us,” Himchan oppa said turning to us. I looked down, biting my lips.

“Andwaeyo,” I gritted my teeth when Daehyun said that. “Just sleep at the living room, you wouldn’t mind it, right?” Daehyun said looking at me. I furrowed my eyebrows at him but in the end, sighed.

“It’s ok,” I said. I don’t even know why I said that. I mean, I’m the one dragged here right?

“I’ll just share a room with noona! It’s not like I’ll do anything to her,” Zelo said making all of us look at him. It’s not like I don’t trust him. It’s actually fine but other people might think of something.

“No,” Yongguk oppa said, sternly.

“Waeyo?” Zelo pouted.

“She’s a girl and you’re a boy except if you’re a gay,” Yongguk hyung said making many of us laugh while Zelo pouted.

“How about we let Hyomi decide?” Himchan oppa said and right then, all attention is on me. Two notable look is from Daehyun and Jongup. Jongup looked as if he was telling me in a nice way not to say yes while Daehyun looked as if he would kill me once I say yes.

“I think Yongguk oppa is right. Sorry Zelo,” I smiled and gladly, Zelo also smiled.

“Ok then. Let’s divide the room then,” Himchan oppa said. “But you, Hyomi, could already go in that room,” he said pointing to a door.

“Oh, neh, thank you,” I said bowing before going in the room quickly. I closed the door as soon as I got in and felt my heart and breathe heavily. I closed my eyes leaning on the door. “What’s with them?”

I opened my eyes and an elegant beige colored room with a neatly fixed bed with a bedside table standing beside it that I failed to notice once I stepped in the room welcomed me. It was just a medium-sized room. Almost the same to my room back in Seoul. I think this is a girl’s room though, maybe oppa’s sister. I lied on the bed and felt how comfy it was but even how it felt so comfortable, I can’t help to think that some people are chasing after us. I shuddered with the thought. I quickly sat up when I heard footsteps just outside my door. Maybe they have decided the room arrangements. When the noises outside lessen, I decided to check whether they’re all in their rooms.

I peeked out the door and the hall was clear so I completely open the door. I closed the door as soon as I stepped out and started wandering around. I still don’t understand completely about everything that’s going on but all I know is that I shouldn’t panic, at least, because it might just get things out of hand. I walked down to the living room and I still can’t help but to think how Himchan oppa look like an ordinary student in school.

“This is just nothing to their family,” a voice startled me. I spun around to meet Youngjae oppa, he wasn’t wearing any mask so it was as if he was someone new to me. I’ve only seen them twice without masks and it takes me a long time before I get used to too many things.

“Oh, but why,”

“He’s not that well-off with his parents,” Youngjae oppa answered and I slowly nodded. “It’s not my position to tell you anything about him so I’ll just end it there,” he slightly smiled and I nodded, smiling back.

“Then, can you tell me more about what will happen? I mean, are we safe here?” I asked.

“Hyung might’ve told you about our past,” he said and I nodded, “I couldn’t say we’re fully safe. Those guys are powerful than they seem,” he said going to somewhere that I later found out was the kitchen.

“Then shouldn’t we just report them to the police? It’s not our fault right?” I said. We nodded while opening the fridge and getting a pitcher of water. Wait. How?

“Someone had arranged everything before we got here,” he said as if reading my mind. “It’s not our fault but it’s not that easy as it seems. When we tell it to the police, Zelo will be asked to go back to his hometown and he didn’t want that, Himchan hyung will be more neglected as how he is now, Jongup would get in trouble with his father, Yongguk hyung also might take responsibility and we don’t want that to happen. Lastly, Daehyun’s mom.” He said while pouring water on a glass. He drank it and smiled to me after.

“Then how about you?” I asked and silence filled us for a moment before he slightly smiled.

“It really doesn’t matter,” he said, shrugging. The way he said it, I could say there was something than he’s been carrying all the while and burdened himself with it. Not wanting to add up, I just nodded.

“Ok but I’ll always be here when you needed someone to talk to,” I smiled and he smiled back nodding. We heard someone clearing his throat so we turned around and saw Jongup by the doorway. Compared to Youngjae oppa, he is still wearing his mask.

“Am I disturbing something?” He asked.

“Of course not,” I said laughing.

“Good,” he smiled. I shook my head. He’s getting weirder and weirder each day.

“How could you guys smile when we’re in trouble?” I asked leaning on the counter.

“Because it will just make everything feel tensed,” we turned to the doorway and Zelo stood there without a mask, smiling. “Doesn’t it feel good when we just smile, noona?” He said. It made me smile. I nodded.

“Of course it feels good,” I said. He smiled. Just then, Daehyun, Himchan oppa and Yongguk oppa came and joined us. Daehyun still wore his mask while the other two didn’t.

“Just feel at home. I don’t mind. For now,” Himchan oppa smiled, “let’s prepare for dinner,” he continued and ended with another smile.

Even though I know that we’re in great danger, I don’t know but I feel secured and comfortable. I watched them as they got some ingredients from the cupboard and from the things they brought with us that made me unconsciously smiled. These guys must have something that made me feel such.

“What are you staring at? Kaja!” Jongup said. I snapped out from my thoughts and nodded.

As we worked, I can’t help but to think if Baekhyun oppa already noticed I’m not home until now. It’s already six in the evening when I only told them that I’ll be back before dusk. I bit my lower lip thinking. I then fished my phone out my pocket and checked for any messages but there was none. I was surprised when a warm breath brushed against my cheeks and my phone was taken away.

“Don’t worry about it,” I turned to see Himchan oppa. He started pressing things on my cellphone before he returned it to me.

“What did you do?” I asked.

“Uhm,” he put a finger on his lips, as if thinking.

“Aish, hyung,” Youngjae shove him away, “Sorry he kept on scaring you,” he said, hissing to Himchan oppa after. “We sent them a letter saying you’ll be in Busan to think some things through and it would take some days before you could go back.”

“B-Bwoh?! How? My cousin would probably know—“

“We already told we’ve taken care of it so you need not to worry, ok?” Yongguk oppa said, smiling. I scrunched up my nose when I felt a hand pinch my cheeks.

“You’re so cute.” Jongup said pinching my cheeks so hard. I slapped his hands away and he laughed.

“YAH!” I shouted and he stuck his tongue out. “This childish guy,” I scoffed returning to what I’m doing. As I turned, I saw Daehyun, and by the looks of it, he’s pissed? But why? Oh yeah, because I’m here.

Baekhyun’s POV

I was watching TV when my mother came with foods. I quickly went to the dining table where she had set it. I was about to taste the bulggogi when my mom pulled it away. I pouted.

“Waeyo?” I asked.

“Call Hyomi first,” she said. I nodded and quickly ran up the stairs.

“Hyomi-ah!” I shouted while knocking only to remember that she isn’t back from wherever she went. It started to worry me since it’s past the time she told me. I then went back to the dining room. “She isn’t back yet,” I said.

“What? She said she’ll be back before dinner and it’s already time for dinner,” my mom said. I scratched the back of my neck. “Try giving her a call,” she said and I nodded.

I got my phone and pressed her number on my contacts list. It didn’t ring, instead the annoying, “The answer you are calling is out of the coverage area. Please try again later.” Wait. Did it just say out of coverage area? Then where the heck is she?!

“It’s busy,” I said, staring at my phone’s screen as if I’m waiting for it to ring.

“Did her phone run out of battery?” My mom wondered aloud and I shrugged. Just then, my phone rang and a message came in. What surprised me is that it’s from Hyomi. I opened the message and read it.

“Letter? Mom, I’ll be back,” I muttered before running up the stairs to Hyomi’s room. There, on her bedside table, a paper lies. I got it and unfolded it. I read it. “Busan? What got into her that she just left like that?!” I went back to the dining room. “She went back to Busan,” I said, suddenly becoming teary.

“What? Why?” My mom said.

“Who’s in Busan?” My dad who just came back said. I hand them the letter and I saw my mom sigh. Does she know something I don’t?

“Let’s just give her some time,” my mom said making me more confused.

“What? Are you hiding something from me? Something about Hyomi?” I said.

“We’ve talked once and she told me that she felt like going back to Busan since Seoul life seems not for her. Let’s just respect her decision.” My mom said putting a hand on my shoulder. I sighed. I can’t just rely on that letter. I just can’t.

Daehyun’s POV

We’ve already finished dinner and washed the dishes. We gathered at the living room thinking of ways to get away from the thugs but I can’t seem to concentrate because something, or someone, kept on stealing my attention.

Hyomi just sat beside Zelo and Jongup, saying nothing but she was obviously thinking so deep like how the others were. I was looking at her but I let my bangs freely flow above my eyes so that they won’t notice. I’m still wearing my mask.

“Daehyun, are you listening?” I snapped out of my trance but surprisingly, Hyomi also turned to my direction, letting our eyes meet for a few seconds before I looked at Yongguk hyung.

“Ah, s-sorry. I’m thinking of something. What were you saying?” I asked.

“Aigoo,” Himchan hyung put an arm around my shoulder. “What are you thinking?” He asked. I felt my cheeks turn warm. “Whoah, are you blushing?” He said pointing to my cheeks. I slapped his hand away and shove his arm off of my shoulder.

“I’m not.” I said irritated.

“No wonder. N—“

“Shut up,” I said before Zelo could continue. They laughed except for Hyomi who seemed to be clueless. “What? Are we going to talk about our plan or tease me?” I asked.

“We’re done. So we’ll just tease you?” Youngjae said. I glared at him.

“I’ll go back to my room then,” I said standing up but was pulled down by Himchan hyung.

“No,” he said. “You know what, I guess this time is given for us to continue our little vacation back then. When we’re supposed to be with Hyomi?” Himchan hyung smiled turning to Hyomi who looked back to him with a ‘what’ face.

“That’s right!” Zelo cheered.

“How could we have fun when we’re already in danger?” I said.

“Stop being pessimistic, ok?” Jongup sneered. I rolled my eyes. I slumped on the couch and just looked away.

“Let’s use this time to know more about each other,” Yongguk hyung said, surprising me. Before, he would usually ask us so just do whatever we want and not bother him but now, he’s the one initiating.

“With a little twist!” Zelo said. I already didn’t feel good when he said that.

“What kind of twist?” Jongup asked.

“All of us will have a turn to ask a person but you can’t choose the same person always. If that person isn’t able to answer the question or proven to be lying, you’ll have to do a dare.” Oh good.

The game began as soon as everyone as forced to agree and dimwit went first.

“Uhm, Zelo,” Hyomi said.

“B-Bwoh?” Zelo stuttered. I smirked.                                                            

“Have you ever dated?” Hyomi furrowed her eyebrows at him.

“A-Aniyo!” Zelo answered.

“Why are you stuttering?” Himchan hyung laughed.

“I swear, I haven’t! I haven’t even liked anyone, until,” Zelo paused.

“Until?” Jongup said.

“UntilI met noona,” Zelo said, blushing. I gulped.

“YIE! That’s ok! I’m sure you’re not the only one who likes Hyomi,” Himchan hyung smiled.

“I do, too!” Jongup said raising his hand up. “She’s my friend, right?” Jongup continued before anyone could react to it. I looked at Hyomi and she too was blushing. Oh my. Aren’t you even going to play hard-to-get? You even have a boyfriend already.

“Oh. Two love confessions? Who are you saying yes too, Hyomi?” Yongguk hyung asked. My fist suddenly clenched.

“No,” I said. They all turned to me, surprised. I gulped. Why did I say that?

“Whoah, are you already saying you own her? Easy bro,” Himchan hyung said, smirking. I bit my lower lip.

“What I meant is that, she already have a boyfriend so it’s impossible for her to say yes to any of them, right Hyomi?” I said furrowing my eyebrows at her. She also furrowed her eyebrows at me and so I glared at her.

“Yeah, he’s right,” Hyomi replied. The game continued after. Jongup who was sitting next to Hyomi was the one who asked next.

“Youngjae hyung,” Jongup said.

“What?” Youngjae asked.

“Do you like someone?” He asked and I also grew interested since even though we’re really close compared to the others, he never said a thing about his love interest.

“Uhm, no,” he said.

“I don’t believe,” Zelo raised his hand up. “DARE!” He shouted suddenly. I looked at Youngjae and he was already glaring at Zelo muttering some words.

“I answered so why would I do a dare?” He said.

“Because you are lying.” Zelo stuck his tongue out.

“I wasn’t.” Youngjae said.

“Then want—“

“What’s the dare?” Youngjae said sighing. Whoah, this is the first time he lost in an argument.

“Sing a song you think fits your position as a lover,” Zelo said. Youngjae began thinking.

Youngjae’s POV

That kid, did he really have to say that?! I knew it. I shouldn’t have mentioned it to him. He’ll use it against me, no wonder. For the first time, I have to accept my defeat. As soon as the dare was given to me, my eyes turned to look at Hyomi. Hyomi seemed to be so interested as well as the others. I rarely talk that’s why they also know less about me. Even Daehyun knows so little about me.

After thinking of a song, I began to sing it without even thinking whether singing it is for the best.

Although I hurt as much as you hurt
Although I swallow my tears
I can't go a step closer to you
I deceive my heart saying that we're just friends
And like a fool, I just cry inside
And on the outside, pretending to be a good person,
I just say, we're friends – You’re My Friend by Lee Seunggi

I stopped seeing and I was surprised when Hyomi started to clap.

“Whoah, you sing like a pro oppa! Daebak!” She said. I tried to keep the fluttering feeling I felt and just smiled.

“Thanks,” I said.

“That’s You’re My Friend by Lee Seunggi right?” Himchan hyung said and I nodded. “Then are you saying you’re that girl’s friend?” He asked.

“I-I don’t know,” I said and shrugged. “You guys are asking so much already!” I said but they seem not to care. I looked at Zelo and he seemed so happy. I glared at him but he just gave me thumbs up making me somehow feel good.

“Everyone started to fall in love when we met you Hyomi, you know that?” Yongguk hyung laughed making my cheeks turn warm.

“W-What? Why me?” Hyomi said, surprised. Because you’re the first girl our group got so attached to.

“Just because?” Yongguk hyung shrugged. The game continued until it was Daehyun’s turn. He looked around before stopping on Hyomi.

“Are you keeping something from us?” He said so straightforward that Hyomi obviously looked taken aback.

“Of course not,” Hyomi said but she sure looks nervous. If only she knows………..

“You’re lying,” Daehyun said leaning back.

“I’m not,” Hyomi glared at him.

“Liar, dimwit,” Daehyun said. Oh my, here we go with the cat and dog fight.

“Why, you arrogant, mean, stubborn guy!” Hyomi snarled.

“Ok. Time out!” Himchan hyung decided to stop them and Hyomi stuck her tongue out on Daehyun while Daehyun scoffed.

“Dare, she should do a dare,” Daehyun said.

“I answered your question!” Hyomi said.

“But you lied,” Daehyun said. Hyomi bit her lower lip.

“Let’s get this done with then. What’s the dare?” Hyomi asked.

“You—“

“You don’t have to, Hyomi,” Yongguk hyung said and Daehyun immediately gave him a look which Yongguk hyung replied with a stern look. Daehyun slumped on his seat since he knows he couldn’t argue with that.

The game went on until everyone got tired. We returned to our room to take a break from the long day. I share a room with Daehyun and Jongup. Both Daehyun and Jongup took the bed while I decided to take the comforter and sleep on the couch. I lied down the couch and stared at the ceiling. It was dark since the lights were already turned off but the moon outside put a little light inside our room. I turned to look at the two they Daehyun had his back facing me while Jongup faced my direction.

Memories flashed in my head. From the first time I met her until this time when I know I’m fighting with two other people for her. Well, she doesn’t know how long I’ve knew her nor does she know I’m referring to her but it doesn’t matter. As long as she’s happy, I’m happy. I know it’s a cliché but what can I do?

I slowly fell asleep thinking and was woke up by loud voices. I shot up from the couch. Daehyun also woke up by the voices and slowly shook Jongup awake.

“What was that?” I asked. Suddenly, the door opened, revealing, the others. The look on Hyomi’s face gave me the urge to tell her I’ll not let anyone hurt her but of course, I couldn’t.

“We need to leave, now,” Yongguk hyung said and it didn’t take us a second before we all got our things.

We already went down to the living room and was about to exit when the door flung open making us step back. We grew protective but before we knew it, a fight broke out.


Sorry fort the lame chapter but ready for some action? Oh, and welcome Sehun soon! :)