The New Them

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

Love Style by Boyfriend


 

Chapter 38 – The New Them

The next morning, Tuesday, Baekhyun was surprised to see Hyomi already at the dining room with his parents. Baffled, he sat on his usual seat which is opposite to Hyomi.

“Good morning, oppa,” Hyomi greeted, smiling.

“Didn’t I tell you to rest today?” Baekhyun asked. Hyomi pouted.

“I’m not a kid anymore, aish,” Hyomi said and continued with her meal.

“She’s right, Baekhyun. She knows what to do already since she’s big enough,” his mom said. Baekhyun sighed. He was just like that since he was worried but maybe, just maybe, they were right. Hyomi have gone through a lot for her not to know the right things to do.

“Hyomi could handle herself, right?” His dad said and Hyomi nodded smiling. Baekhyun just sighed and shrugged.

After their meal, since it was still early, Baekhyun and Hyomi decided to go by an ice cream parlor. They both ordered ice creams and went to sit by the glass side. Hyomi watched the people who walk by while taking her time to eat ice cream. Baekhyun though slowly ate his while staring at Hyomi. Many thoughts were running in his mind. He needs to ask it to Hyomi somehow though because that’s the only way he could focus all throughout the day.

“Dongsaeng,” Baekhyun asked and Hyomi frowned.

“When did you start calling me that?” Hyomi asked.

“Today?” Baekhyun shrugged and Hyomi snickered.

“Ok, what?” Hyomi asked.

“Tell me, how did you get yourself going with them and who the heck wrote the letter? Don’t dare lie to me,” Baekhyun said with scrutinizing eyes. Hyomi pursed her lips to a fine line and smiled.

“Well, uhm, you know Yongguk oppa got the first spot on the semester’s ranking right?” Baekhyun nodded and waited for Hyomi to continue with her so-called story. “Jongup called me and asked if I could help them buy a gift for him so I did. When we were resting though after buying, Himchan oppa, I think, called Daehyun and told him something. I just only knew actually what’s happening when we reached the house of Himchan oppa in Gwangju where we stayed. We didn’t know that they would actually find us quick. I got caught while trying to escape so yeah, that’s it,” Hyomi said.

“You’re saying it as if it’s nothing,” Baekhyun scoffed.

“Well, it isn’t but it won’t do anything good when you think about it. Learn from the past and look forward to future,” Hyomi shrugged. Baekhyun sighed.

“Ok. The letter?” Baekhyun asked.

“I also don’t know. Himchan oppa is rich so maybe he asked someone to copy my writing or something,” Hyomi said. Baekhyun nodded though he was surprised that Himchan was capable of such.

“Don’t ever do that again, ok? You got all of us so worried,” Baekhyun said. Hyomi nodded and softly smiled.

“Sorry. I’ll try my best not to be a troublemaker ever again,” Hyomi raised her right hand while saying. Baekhyun flicked her forehead in response. Hyomi flinched and glared at Baekhyun. “What’s that for?!”

“Do it, not try,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Fine. You don’t have to do that everytime,” Hyomi frowned and finished her ice cream.

“I have another question,” Baekhyun asked. He had been thinking of it overnight and he couldn’t relax not until he hears an answer from Hyomi.

“What?” Hyomi asked as she got another spoon on the last scoop of ice cream on her bowl.

“Do you like Daehyun?” Hyomi choked. Her eyes widened in surprise. She was indeed shocked since she didn’t think he would think something so insane like that. At least, for her, it is insane.

“What? Are you joking?” Hyomi coughed.

“I’m not. Do I look like I am?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Hyomi gulped and composed herself.

“Of course I don’t. Why do you think I do?” Hyomi asked. This was just some tactics to get away from saying what she thought of it. She knows she doesn’t like him in a romantic way though she knew she felt something towards him; something between love and care though hatred is still there. She wasn’t sure so she just said that.

“Are you sure? How about the other BAP members?” He asked. Hyomi shook her head.

“That’s impossible. Besides, they’re like my brothers, just like you and EXO oppas,” Hyomi said and smiled.

“You said that. I’ll keep that word from you,” Baekhyun said and Hyomi nodded.

“Yeah. I’ll do something for you when I fail to keep my word,” Hyomi smiled unsure if she said the right thing. Baekhyun smirked.

“Ok. That’s something strong. Let’s go before we run late,” Baekhyun said. They both stood up from their seats and walked out the ice cream parlor and walked to the bus stop. They waited for a few minutes before their bus came and they got in.

It wasn’t a boring ride although it was quiet. They enjoyed the peace they have. When the bus came to stop on their bus stop, they got off and walked from there. Hyomi held her bag straps while walking to school. She doesn’t know why she felt so happy. The scratches were still visible and the bruise on her right part of her lip was also evident. Her beauty though couldn’t be denied.

“Why are you so happy?” Baekhyun asked.

“Nothing. Just happy. I hope BAP are already ok,” Hyomi smiled. She was too excited to see them walking around the school premises without masks. Baekhyun sneered.

“Yeah right,” Baekhyun said. “I have a question,” Hyomi tilted her head so she could face him.

“What?” Hyomi asked.

“What if Sehun comes back, what will you do?” Hyomi scrunched her nose.

“Well, the usual? Should something change?” Hyomi asked shrugging. Suddenly, she remembered that it was different from when they were in Busan when he just visits and everything. “Maybe, a little,” Hyomi said looking down on her feet.

“I’m just asking. Don’t take it to the heart. Aigoo,” Baekhyun ruffled her hair. “But you do like him still, right?” Baekhyun asked. Hyomi blushed with the question.

“I never said I did,” Hyomi tried to get away from the question though she knew Baekhyun wouldn’t believe her. Baekhyun was about to flick her forehead when Hyomi held her hand up on her forehead in a protective manner. “Ok, ok. I do like him,” Hyomi said and Baekhyun smiled.

“You still like him then?” Baekhyun asked and Hyomi thought. She wasn’t so sure but she knows that there are still feelings left for Sehun. Just like before. Hyomi slowly nodded.

“I think, yeah. He still holds something big in my heart,” Hyomi flushed pink. Baekhyun giggled at Hyomi’s reaction.

“Maybe she doesn’t like Daehyun after all. That’s good,” Baekhyun thought as they reached the school grounds. Just when they were about to separate to go to their own rooms, Baekhyun called Hyomi. “One last question, what if he’s back today?” Baekhyun asked. Hyomi shrugged.

“That’s far from possible oppa. He’s busy, remember?” Hyomi said and Baekhyun shrugged.

“Maybe you’re right. Well, see you later!” Baekhyun said and there, they went to their own classrooms.

When she got to her classroom, no one seemed to pay attention to her. As usual, there were just a few girls inside. Ah Neul immediately run to her and frowned seeing her bruises.

“Are you ok? I heard what happened,” Ah Neul said.

“I’m ok. Don’t worry. I hope you won’t let others know though.” Hyomi said and Ah Neul nodded.

“Ok. I won’t. Are you sure you could attend class already?” Hyomi nodded, chuckling.

“It’s ok. I’m not that hurt anyway.” Hyomi said as she settled on her seat. Ah Neul sat on her seat and faced her.

“How’s BAP then?” Ah Neul asked.

“They’re fine, I guess. But they’re more hurt than me,” Hyomi said and sighed thinking back to what happened.

“Oh,” Ah Neul said.

“Who told you?” Hyomi asked curious.

“Chanyeol oppa,” Ah Neul replied and Hyomi nodded.

“Aigoo, I thought oppa told them not to tell anyone about it,” Hyomi muttered.

“Sorry,” Ah Neul grinned. Hyomi smiled and nodded.

“It’s ok. Nothing big,” Hyomi replied. Ah Neul smiled.

“Have you seen EXO already?” Hyomi shook her head.

“Why?” Hyomi asked.

“Nothing, just asking.” Ah Neul smiled though Hyomi felt weird. She just shrugged it off as the teacher came.

As the class went, Hyomi looked back to Jongup’s chair and sighed.

“I hope they’re ok,” she thought.

After the first half of their morning classes, the bell rang for the recess. Hyomi fixed her things and got ready to go to the cafeteria with Ah Neul. They walked out of the classroom and the halls were not that crowded though students, specifically girl students were hurrying, surprisingly.

“What’s the commotion about?” Hyomi asked. Ah Neul shrugged.

“It has been like this since yesterday.” Ah Neul smiled, mischievously. Hyomi didn’t notice though as she looked where she was going.

When they entered the cafeteria, many were crowded around EXO’s table. Hyomi thought that it was something usual so she just ignored it and went to line-up. Ah Neul asked Hyomi if she isn’t bothered and she just shrugged saying that it was just a normal thing. They then walked to a vacant table and settled down.

As they were munching on their food, a round of gasps and screams came from the cafeteria’s entrance. Curious, Hyomi craned her neck to check what it was and her eyes widened and brightened at the same time. Ah Neul also turned to look and was surprised. There stood four members of BAP. They weren’t wearing their masks. Their hair was changed to their natural color. Zelo’s hair was also straightened while Himchan got their hair a little shorter. Youngjae’s hair was almost the same though his bangs were freely covering his forehead. Yongguk’s hair was just in a clean cut. Hyomi’s happiness was so obvious. She just tried not to dash to their direction. She wondered though why Jongup and Daehyun weren’t around.

EXO, on the other hand, was being crowded with gifts and everything. Since Sehun was back, many of his fangirls were starting to give gifts and everything. The queenkas were specially delighted. They weren’t able to see Hyomi coming though they were waiting for her the entire time. When they heard the gasps and screams when BAP entered, all of them, even the fangirls, turned to see what it was.

That was the only time when Sehun started to look through the cafeteria and when he found Hyomi, he smiled. It faded when he heard someone shouting noona and running to Hyomi. He failed to recognize them since he never seen them without a mask. He wasn’t alone though since many were also baffled who those were.

“Wow, they’re handsome”

“A new kingka group?!”

“Omo, I’m their fan!”

Those kinds of comments went around the big cafeteria. Hyomi smiled as she greeted Zelo. Others were not pleased on how close Hyomi are to them, thinking they are just new.

“Whoah, wait. What happened to your hair?” Ah Neul asked, amazed. Zelo grinned.

“Just had it dyed and straightened. No biggie,” Zelo smiled. BAP also came over and greeted them.

“You all look good,” Hyomi smiled.

“Thanks,” they replied.

“It’s awkward though. No one even recognized us,” Yongguk said and Hyomi chuckled.

“It’s because they haven’t seen you without your masks and you  also changed your hair color and style. But doesn’t it feel having much more freedom?” Hyomi smiled and they nodded.

“You want to join us?” Ah Neul asked. She was still stunned with them but she set it aside. It wasn’t as if it’s her first time seeing them without masks. BAP smiled and nodded, immediately grabbing seats. Left with no choice, Youngjae sat beside Ah Neul while Yongguk on her other side. Hyomi was squished between Himchan and Zelo. Hyomi chuckled at their cleverness and shared them their food since they were lazy to get theirs.

“Where’s Jongup and Daehyun?” Ah Neul asked.

“Is Daehyun having a hard time, still? How about Jongup?” Hyomi asked worried.

“Daehyun is at my place. He might be back by tomorrow,” Youngjae replied.

“How is Jongup?” Hyomi asked.

“He’s ok but he said he’s not yet ready to go to school,” Yongguk said.

“Ah, right. Noona, Jongup hyung said if you could meet him after school,” Zelo said. Hyomi thought of why but nodded thinking there aren’t anything to do after school.

“Sure where?” Hyomi asked.

“That we don’t know. Maybe you could give him a call or message him.” Himchan said and Hyomi nodded.

“Ok,” she replied.

Sehun watched them from afar. The other EXO members were also watching them, smirking. They weren’t expecting that. Baekhyun, though, knew.

“Remember BAP?” Kai asked Sehun noticing his confused expression.

“Yeah, why?” Sehun replied.

“That’s them,” Kai said.

“B-Bwoh? How—“

“We also don’t know,” Kai shrugged.

“Then why are they close with Hyomi?” Sehun asked. The other EXO members exchanged looks.

“Jongup’s Hyomi’s classmate and friend so they got close,” Suho tried to assure him. Sehun smiled and nodded. He wasn’t someone who gets so skeptical.

“When are you planning to see her?” Kris asked.

“Later, I will,” Sehun smiled. He turned to look at Hyomi’s table again and smiled seeing how Hyomi smiled though he felt jealous.

The bell rang and they all returned to their rooms. Hyomi can’t still help to get giddy thinking about BAP and their new looks. She was smiling to herself like an idiot while walking to their room. Ah Neul, noticing it, nudged her.

“Don’t tell me you’ve fell for one of them?” Ah Neul said.

“Of course not. I’m just happy,” Hyomi smiled. Ah Neul smirked shaking her head.

"I wonder though when Daehyun and Jongup is here," Ah Neul thought as she watched Hyomi's happy face.


 

I'll try to update tomorrow. Sorry for the late updates! Thank you for your support! :)