Another Beginning

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

My Love by B1A4


Chapter 66 – Another Beginning

Christmas passed by. Hyomi enjoyed it with her new family together with Sehun who they invited along since he doesn’t have anyone to spend the said important day. They toured around the town, going to different winter resorts. There Christmas ended with them exchanging gifts and Hyomi receiving one sweet gift before the day ended.

The feeling on her lips lingered longer than she expected and she was grinning to herself until a thought passed her mind and she shook her head. “Get yourself together, Hyomi,” she said to herself before going to sleep.

The following morning, before the sun even rose up to light the sky, Hyomi got her luggage down to the living room. She was careful not to wake up Baekhyun and her aunt and uncle. She didn’t want to disturb their beauty sleep since hours ago had them, including her, dead tired.

With her sleepy state, she checks if all her things are ready and peeked out the window to see if Sehun had arrived yet—clear. She went to sit on the couch while waiting. She touched the necklace that dangles on her neck and smiled. It was the gift Sehun gave her and she was very careful not to get it scratched, at least not now, or maybe, never. Her eyes were drooping down and she tries to fight it. Finally, her phone began buzzing and she got it from the coffee table.

I’m outside. Ready? – Sehun

She decided not to reply but get her things and walk out the door, locking it as she stepped out. She saw Sehun who waved at her with a smile. She returned the smile as she walked to their gate and opened it.

“Ready?” He asked as he grabs one of her two luggage. She nods.

“Just a little drowsy,” she grinned and Sehun slyly smiled. They both got in the car and Sehun started the engine.

“You can sleep along the drive. I’ll just wake you up,” Hyomi nodded, smiling. “I’m really happy you came.”

“I’m more than glad you invited me. I can’t wait to see aunt and uncle again,” she says and Sehun gives her a small smile and a nod before driving off.

Sehun’s POV

The sky was still in its night state. I looked at Hyomi and she was sleeping peacefully with her head leaning on the window. A small smile reached my lips. I waited for the stop light to turn red before I reached for a pillow at the back and carefully put it under her head. I checked the time and it was already four in the morning, an hour before our flight.

My mind began drifting back to the other day, when I saw her arrive with that guy. I was surprised, not just because she came with him but because Hyomi just gave out that that guy was him, Daehyun. He actually wore a surprise face upon seeing me but I just pretended as if I don’t know him. Even a bit. And turned to Hyomi.

I bit my lower lip as my index finger taps on the stirring wheel. I let out a sigh. I might act and look like an obsessive boyfriend but it was hard not to, especially with all the guys trying to hit on her. Especially him. My hand that held the stirring wheel tightened its grip, my knuckles turning white. I’m not going to lose. I can’t. I wouldn’t.

Hyomi’s POV

I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder and I sit up blinking my eyes to adjust to the light. I turn to Sehun and he smiles.

“We’re here,” he says and I nodded. I unbuckled my seat belt and went down, helping him with our luggage.

“You brought something for your parents?” I asked as he closed the trunk of the car.

“Uhm,” he nodded. We started walking to the check-in counter. We did all the necessaries and sat by the waiting area for our flight. It was thirty minutes away.

“Who’s going to get your car?” I asked.

“My driver,” he said. I nodded and let my eyes wonder around airport. “Are you hungry? Let’s eat,” he said turning to me. I smiled and nodded.

We walked to a café and settled on a table. We ordered two cups of latte and two slices of chocolate velvet cake. We chatted while waiting for our orders to arrive.

“How is uncle doing? Any better?” I asked as our orders arrived. A sigh escaped his lips before he shakes his head. “I’m sure he’s going to feel better after seeing you and how you succeeded in looking for the person in the picture.” He suddenly tensed and I looked at him worriedly. “Are you ok?”

“Uhm… Yeah,” he said and smiled.

“He’s coming right? The person you’re looking for?” I asked and he nodded.

“I think. He should,” he said not looking at me and I just nodded. Something’s obviously wrong but I don’t want to bother him about it.

We ate quietly after and left the café ten minutes prior to our flight. We were just in time when we got back to the waiting area. We got in the departure area and showed our passports and visas before we were let in to the airplane. We scanned the seats and after spotting ours, we walked there but something, or someone, caught my eye sitting two rows behind ours. I furrowed my eyebrows and I couldn’t be mistaken. It’s him.

“Hyomi?” Sehun said snapping me out of my thoughts and I turn to him. He gave me way to the window seat knowing I love seating there. Taking one last glance at him who now looked up and met eyes with me, I took my seat.

What is he doing here?

I just shrugged the thought away and disturbed myself with other things. Sehun asked me where I want to go while we are there. It’ll also be a week so might as well use it wisely. I told him that anywhere would do and if it was okay, I would want to see where he studied while staying there for a few months. He agreed. That’s how our conversation seemed to flow for the first few minutes of our ride.

After an hour or so of talking, we both decided to sleep. As I close my eyes, the image of Daehyun a while ago while he stared back at me lingered in my mind. My curiousness grew again and I opened my eyes. I looked at my side and Sehun had his eyes closed leaning his head to the head rest. I bit my lip before kneeling on my seat, craning my neck over the rows of seats to see him looking down. I was taken aback when he looked up.

For a second, I was clueless on what to do until he slightly smiled and I smiled back. I sat back down and sighed. I felt my chest and shook my head. This is not good.

Am I…starting to… No. It can’t be.

I turn to Sehun and sighed. I don’t know but I feel so bad right now. Staring at him right now, knowing how much he loves me and cares for me felt wrong. I don’t know what to do anymore.

It took one stop on one airport before we landed in America. We stretched from my seat as I heard the speaker went on and the pilot spoke telling us that we’re about to land so we should buckle our seat belts. We did as we told before we felt the airplane’s feet touch the ground and a few seconds later, went to a halt.

“Welcome to America,” Sehun beamed looking at me and I smiled.

We all got down the plane and to the luggage area to retrieve our things. After doing so that took a pretty long time, we stepped out to the arrival area and looked for the person who’s supposed to fetch us. We craned our necks to look for the guy, according to Sehun, who wore a black suit and eyeglasses with a sign holding up his name.

Looking for the said man, my eyes spotted Daehyun who was also looking for the person who would welcome him, probably. He was lucky when he immediately found a person holding up a paper with his name carefully written in Korean letters. I diverted my attention back to the person we were looking for and my eyes brightened upon seeing the said guy.

“There,” I said and Sehun looked at where I pointed at.

We walked towards the guy and he bowed at us, greeting us politely. We bowed back before he led us to the car. He also helped us carry our things. Outside the arrival area was a line of cars on standby. The guy walked towards a sleek black car. It shines in the light the lights around gives off. The sun was just about to rise feeling as if it only took us an hour or two to get here but in fact it took us hours. We got in the car and it sped up immediately.

“Are my parents at home?” Sehun asked.

“Yes, sir,” he said. They were still conversing in Korean and I’m sure this guy in who fetched us is also Korean.

“My dad, how is he?” He asked.

“I don’t think I’m in the position to answer that, sir,” he said and Sehun nodded. I held his hand and squeeze it gently, assuring him. He turned and gave me a small smile.

The ride took two hours and the sun by then had risen brightly. I looked out the window looking at the sceneries pointing here and there and asking Sehun about it. It was funny how he pauses and rubs his nape saying he forgot what it was sometimes when I ask something. We stopped in front of a gate that automatically opened and we drove in. I looked out to see the front yard looking like a garden. I giggled remembering how aunt, Sehun’s mother, loves gardening. No wonder it looked like this.

The car stopped and we went down, being welcomed by his mom.

“Sehun, Hyomi! Welcome!” She said in a lively voice but her face showed how stressed she had been and how much tears she had shed. We smiled and gave her a kiss and a hug.

“It’s nice meeting you again, eommonim,” I said. It had been a while since I called her that. She smiled and nodded.

“Nado,” she replied.

“How about me?” Sehun cutely pouted and we both chuckled.

“I missed you, son,” she said and Sehun smiled. “Oh, come on in. It must have been tiring just seating for hours, huh?” she said and we nodded.

“Where’s dad?” Sehun asked as we entered.

“He’s in his room,” his mom said and sadness was inevitable in her voice. Sehun nodded.

“Hyomi, you better fix your things already,” he said patting me by the shoulder and I nodded. “I’ll be right back,” he said before he walked up the stairs.

“I’m so happy he’s back. His dad had been waiting since,” aunt said.

“Don’t worry eommonim. Sehun was successful. Did the person come already?” I asked and aunt nodded, smiling a little.

“Yes, he’s fixing his things in his room,” she said and I smiled.

“I hope everything goes well although I really don’t know what’s going on,” I said and Mrs. Oh smiled nodding.

“Sorry about it,” she said and I shook my head.

“It’s okay. I also don’t want to bother your family so I’ll be thankful if you let me help around in my stay,” I said and she giggled.

“Aigoo. You never changed. Is Sehun being nice to you as a boyfriend?” She said and my cheeks turned warm.

“Neh,” and the talk went on until she showed me my room and left me to fix my things.

I wandered around the room first before fixing my things. There was a flat screen TV across the room, facing the bed. There was a vanity mirror and a desk at two corners of the room. The room was painted white and the ambiance was serene, just the way I wanted since my mind is so full of things that I couldn’t sort it all out.

I sat on the floor and began taking out my clothes and placing it in the closet. After fixing everything, I decided to take a bath and change to comfortable clothes. It took me twenty minutes to do those two things. I sat on the bed, wondering how Baekhyun oppa, aunt and uncle are doing right now. I checked my cell phone and there were no messages so I put it back on the bed. I wonder if Sehun’s done.

I walked out the room and closed it. I turned and my eyes widened as my heart beat raced.

“Y-You, what are you doing here?”

Could it be…

Daehyun’s POV

I wanted to laugh at her reaction after she had seen me but I just smirked.

“Hey,” I greeted.

“What are you doing here?” She repeated.

“Uhm… I don’t know?” I said shrugging.

“You don’t know?” She said crossing her arms over her chest. I nodded walking past her and I felt her follow me. I look around the hall, familiarizing myself since if I have to stay for a week here, I should at least know my way around. I don’t want disturbing people in my stay. I don’t even want to be here in the first place.

“Are you the one…they’re looking for?” I stopped from my tracks. Should I honestly answer her or just shrug? Before I could answer, Sehun went out one of the doors. He gave me a stern look before turning to Hyomi.

“You’re done?” He asked walking past me to Hyomi.

“Uhm… But… you…know him?” She asked and I could feel Sehun bore a hole on my head.

“Yes? We’re schoolmates, right?” He said with a soft chuckle. There was a short silence as I looked back, ready to head back to my room.

“Oh, there you are,” we all turned to see Sehun’s mom that I tried not to show any reaction. I kept in mind what my mom told me before I left and that’s just what I’m doing right now, though I hope I’m doing it right. “The breakfast’s ready. I’m sure you’re all hungry,” she said with a small smile. She started going down the stairs but instead of following her immediately did I turn to Hyomi and notice her flabbergasted expression. I bit my lip before heaving a sigh.

This is one heck of a stay.


HI! Sorry for this late update. Writer's block is attacking me right now. This chapter is like a filler chapter. Sorry about it. I'll do better in the next chapter, hopefully. 

Thank you! :)