Closeness

Wishing Upon A Flower

I Need You by K.Will


*WARNING: LONG CHAPTER*

Chapter 28 – Closeness

Ah Neul’s POV

I rubbed my eyes as I woke up. I looked at my side and found no one. Where did that girl go? I slipped my slippers on my feet and went to wash my face and brush my teeth. After, I dried myself and walked out the room. I looked at both of my sides and the hall was empty. I walked down and the lights were still off. What time is it anyway? The light in the kitchen caught my attention then. I walked towards it wondering if it was Hyomi but my heart suddenly stopped seeing who it was. I was about to run away but he already turned to the doorway. He just looked at me then continued with what he was doing. So that was awkward?

“H-Hey.” I said and he just nodded. He’s acting a little strange or is it just me? “It’s still early. You woke up early?” I said and he simply nodded. “Oh, ok.” I said and decided to grab a drink also since my throat felt dry. There was an awkward silence as he checked on the fruits on the counter which was kind of weird.

“Uhm,” He suddenly uttered making me look at him.

“Yes?” I said.

“Why are you awake so early?” He asked. Is this reality? I’m talking with him alone? I shrugged.

“I tried looking for Hyomi. She’s not there when I woke up.” I said and he nodded. There was an awkward silence again. “You, why are you awake early?” I asked.

“I wake up early always.” He said and I nodded.

“So,” we both said. He chuckled that made me chuckle also.

“Ladies first,” he said and I nodded.

“What do you think of the vacation so far?” I asked.

“It’s fun, I guess. I’m happy spending some time with my friends and well, newly found friends.” He said and I nodded smiling. “You?” He asked.

“It’s fun. I never thought of having a vacation with the kingkas of school. Your fans might kill us when they found about it.” I said in a joking manner but I think he took it not in that manner since his face was not what it should.

“We’re here. We won’t let anyone harm you guys. You’re already our friend too.” He said that made my heart beat so fast.

“Ah, t-thanks.” I stuttered and I mentally facepalmed myself for that. He nodded smiling.

“Can I ask something?” He asked and I nodded.

“Sure. What is it?” I asked.

“Do you like Kyungsoo hyung?” He said making me choke.

“W-What? Why did you think so?” I said and he shrugged.

“I just thought since you two seem close.” He said. I want to tell him that I like him and not Kyungsoo oppa but obviously, it’s not what I’ll do. How could I confess like that right?

“No, I don’t. We’re just friends.” I said forcing on a smile.

“Oh.” He said. Can’t you show more emotions Kai? What am I even thinking? That he’ll say his happy? Stop dreaming, Ah Neul. That’s far from possible. “You two look good together though.” He said making my heart fall. I gulped. Don’t show him you’re disappointed, don’t.

“O-oh?” I said and he nodded, slightly smiling. Just then, someone came in. We both turned to who it was and found no other than Kyungsoo oppa. “Good morning, oppa.” I said smiling. Out of all EXO, he’s the one I don’t feel awkward calling oppa. Well, you’ll notice that. I only call a few of them oppa.

“Hey. Good morning.” He smiled. “Oh, hey Jongin.” He said and Kai just nodded to him. “What are you two doing here so early?” He said doing the same thing that I did when I came in.

“Woke up early.” Kai shrugged. Kyungsoo nodded drinking the water he got.

“Do you guys have some plans?” He said and I shook my head.

“Why?” I asked.

“Let’s cook breakfast for them.” He smiled making me smile. I know he had mentioned to me that he likes cooking when we once talked to each other.

“Sure. I’d love too.” I said smiling.

“Great. How about you?” Kyungsoo oppa asked turning to Kai.

“Sure. I’m not going to do anything anyways.” He said.

“Ok then. Let’s start cooking.” Kyungsoo oppa said and the awkward but hopefully fun cooking begun.

Hyomi’s POV

Time passed by so fast and I needed to leave already since they might be awake and freak out when they find me not in the house. They’re like that and I don’t know why. I walked with Mr. Arrogant in silence. We were walking with him in front of me like how we walked a while ago. I still can’t forget what he said a while ago that made me facepalm myself unconsciously.

Flashback

“She’s fine.” He said making me breathe normally since I held my breath before he answered. “But,” Sht. There goes the ‘but’ word. Lord, save me. “She’s funny.” I’m just like, what the?!

End of Flashback

I’m not funny. I’m never been funny. I seldom do if ever and I tell you, what he said was what funny is but to me it was more irritating. Funny because he was trying to joke around by saying something so random and irritating because he might be thinking that I’m making fun of myself when I don’t. I was walking with my arms over my chest, frowning. I can’t get over that. My friends laughed at me for goodness sake.

“When did I become funny?” I muttered to myself and Daehyun stopped making me stop also before I bump to him. He turned back making me step back. “W-What?” I said. He smirked.

“Stop asking that and try reflecting your actions instead and you’ll know why.” He said before turning to walk again. What? I caught up with him and blocked his way.

“What are you trying to say?” I asked.

“You’re funny yet you don’t even know.” He said. The guts of this guy, it’s annoying.

“If I am, why don’t you laugh?” I said and he was obviously taken aback. I smirked. “You did that to irritate me, didn’t you?” I said and he just rolled his eyes before walking away. I followed him, annoying him since I felt like it. “Were you offended with what I said about you?” I asked looking at him. He ignored my question and continued walking. “Are you embarrassed in front of Peniel oppa and the others? Or were you embarrassed in front of Yoonji because she was your admirer?” I said teasingly and he gazed at me, more like glared at me. I was expecting he would say his famous line of ‘I don’t care’ or ‘Whatever’ but instead, he just sternly look at me. I inched my face away but he kept leaning. “W-What are you doing?” I asked stuttering.

When his face was just an inch from my face, I can’t help but close my eyes tight. I don’t want to lose my first kiss yet. When nothing happened, I opened my eyes and he was already walking away. 

“YAH!” That guy, he made me look funny and stupid. “What do you think are you doing?” I shouted but he just ignored me. Suddenly, I heard a loud shout. I turned around and found a bicycle going my way. My eyes widened like Kyungsoo oppa’s. I was frozen on my spot until the bicycle bumped me. I fell on the ground and winced in pain. Sht. What is this guy trying to do?! The guy who was riding the bicycle was also on the ground, struggling to get the bicycle off of him but obviously, he was also hurt. I furrowed my eyes to guy until it hit me.

“Baekho?!” I said surprised. He looked up and his eyes widened.

“Hyomi! ARE YOU OK?! I’M SO SORRY!” He said panicking. I started laughing and he stared at me as if I’m crazy.

“Sorry. I just missed you. I missed this cute side of you.” I said as I stopped laughing. He rubbed the back of his neck looking down. It’s as if we forgot we were still on the ground with scratches and I think I twisted my ankle. Great. Just then, we heard four voices and I knew it was them. Four bicycles skid to a stop and we heard them dropping it to the ground.

“Hyomi! Are you ok?!” Minhyun said kneeling beside me. The other three did the same as if Baekho wasn’t there at all.

“YAH! I’m also hurt you know! Aron hyung! Look at what you did!” He whined like a kid.

“It’s because you were so annoying.” Aron oppa said. Baekho glared at him but was ignored.

“I’m ok. You should also help Baekho.” I said assuring them. Ren, who might be the one who talks less and show less attention to others, but I assure you, he’s a very loving and caring friend.

“Thank you Ren! You’re the best unlike these guys.” Baekho said as Ren got his bicycle off of him and helped him get to his feet. Suddenly, a voice interupted us, a voice I wasn’t even expecting to hear thinking he had left me already. We looked up since we were on the ground and found Daehyun.

“What’s happening here?” What a question.

Daehyun’s POV

We were bickering along the way yet again and I got a little annoyed and uncomfortable. Weren’t I always annoyed and uncomfortable? I admit that the usual weren’t this uncomfortable though. It was more like a pleasure time for me because I get to . Ok. What am I saying? I shrugged the thought away. What Dong Geun said just surprised me. Yeah. That’s why I’m acting like this. She kept on whining about what I said to the guys and Yoonji and since I’m not in the mood to have her doing that over and over, I stopped, leaning to her like what I did before that made her shut .  

As I leaned closer to her, she was also leaning back until she shut her eyes tight making me smirk. What is she thinking? That I’m going to kiss her? No way will I do that. Then a light bulb appeared. I moved back, leaving her. Seconds later, I heard her shouting but I just ignored her feeling happy for some indefinite reason.

Just then, I heard a yelp making me stop in my tracks. I turned around and found Hyomi on the ground with a guy struggling to get the bicycle that was on him off of him. I suddenly had the urge to ran to her and help her when four guys came helping them and it’s as if Hyomi's comfortable since she was laughing and everything. Not taking my curiousness anymore, I paced towards them trying to look as if I don’t know what happened though it was obvious that this guy on the bicycle bumped her.

“What’s happening here?” I asked and I felt like slapping myself for the stupid question. They looked at me as if I’m some alien to their eyes. “I mean, are you guys ok?” I asked.

“Do we look alright?” I heard the guy who bumped Hyomi uttered but was smacked on the shoulder by another guy.

“Yeah. Sorry if we disturbed you.” A guy with red hair who smacked the guy on the bicycle said. I nodded and turned to Hyomi who just rolled her eyes on me, trying to get on her feet. I suddenly got her arm and helped her making the other five guys look at me weirdly.

“What are you doing to her?” A guy with blonde hair and feminine features said. Helping her?

“He’s obviously helping her.” A guy retorted.

“I know but why her?” The blonde guy said. I gulped. Why did I even help her? I now felt like letting her go but of course, I can’t do that. I’ll be held responsible for this clumsy girl since obviously, I’m with her and when the other find her like this, I’m the one who will be blamed.

“I know him. Don’t worry.” Hyomi said but she was already shoving me away but I didn’t budge and held her tight and she glared at me. The other five looked back and forth at us.

“Are you sure you know him?” A guy who’s the tallest said. Think of something Daehyun! Think of something!

“I’m responsible for her.” What did I just say? Sht.

“What?” The red haired guy said. Hyomi also looked at me weirdly.

“Her oppa told me to take care of her.” I said not thinking of anything else to say.

“You mean Baekhyun hyung?” The blonde guy said.

“Or is it Sehun hyung?” Another said making me curious. They know Baekhyun and Sehun? I’m so confused.

“We’ll just go. Oppa might be looking for me already. Let’s go.” She said starting to limp away as if she was avoiding something.

“Wait. Hyomi.” One of the guys called for her but she just continued to walk away. I just slightly bowed to the guys and followed her, helping her but she kept on shoving me away.

“I can walk on my own.” She said.

“More like limp on your own.” I said and she glared at me.

“Just leave me alone.” She said that surprised me. It’s the first time I heard her say for me to leave her alone.

“I’m already offering help. What’s your problem?” I asked in an irritated manner.

“Stop it, ok? I don’t need your help.” She said sternly and continued limping away. I sighed. Annoyed, I blocked her way. She glared at me.

“Get out of my way.” She said.

“No. They can’t see you like this.” I said sternly.

“If you’re thinking I’m going to tell the oppas and blame you for it, don’t worry. I’m not going to let you hold responsible.” She said emphasizing the word responsible. I gulped. Is she angry? I think she is but why? “So will you? They might be looking for us already.” She said raising an eyebrow at me. I stared at her for while and she looked down. I let out a sigh. I got down, facing my back to her.

“Get on.” I said.

“No.” She said.

“Get on or I’ll do it the hard way.” I said glancing at her.

“No thanks. I’ll just walk.” She said walking ahead. I groaned. I got up and got her on my arms and she kept on kicking. “Let me go you arrogant guy!” She said but I held her tightly.

“Would you stop? I might drop you, you know?” I said but she just continued on kicking. “I told you to stop it already!” I said in a loud voice and instantly, she stopped. “I told you already that if you won’t get on my back, I’ll do it the hard way. You chose this.” I said.

“I-I’ll just get on your back. Put me down.” She said looking away. I did as she said and got down with one of my knees on the ground. I heard her sigh before I felt her weight on my back.

“Hold on tight.” I said and stood up. Honestly, she was quite heavy but I could carry her for sure. Who the heck would even be so light right? I adjust her on my back and hold on her ankle and felt her wince. I tilted my head sideways trying to look at her but failed. “Did you sprain your ankle?” I asked sounding worried suddenly.

“I-I’m ok. Let’s go.” She said. I wasn’t convinced but I just followed her. I held her legs and don’t even think I’m a ert. I just held the part of her leg that was near her ankle.

The walk was quiet and awkward. My heart was beating fast with our contact. I’ve never been this close to a girl besides my mom since she had carried me when I was a kid. When she got on my back a while ago, I felt something I can’t explain or put into words. It was getting so awkward so I decided to talk.

“Are you mad?” I asked but there was no reply from her. “Hey, are you still there?” I said.

“Uhm,” she said.

“Talk will you? I’m already being nice here.” I said.

“It doesn’t matter whether I’m mad or not. Just keep on walking.” She said. I sighed.

“Don’t tell anybody what happened a while ago.” I said.

“What happened a while ago?” She said.

“You know what I mean. Don’t play stupid.” I said.

“Fine. Then don’t tell anybody also what happened a while ago and that,” she paused and I waited for her to talk. “That I know how to play the piano. In exchange, I’ll keep that you know how to sing. It doesn't matter how I knew it but you don’t want them to know about it, right?” She said and I just nodded.

“Ok.” I said. It was quiet again. I don’t know what to say so I just kept quiet. I have this question I want to ask but I’m sure she didn’t even give a damn about it. I heard her murmur making me glance at her. “What?” I asked.

“Nothing. I’m just wondering why I don’t know you but of course the school have so many students so yeah, don’t mind me.” She said.

“I left in the middle of fourth grade.” I said then wondered why I even told her that.

“Fourth grade? Maybe that’s why I don’t know you.” She said.

“Why?” I asked.

“I entered the school when I'm turning fourth grade.” She said and I nodded.

“Are you close with Dong Geun?” I asked.

“You mean Peniel oppa?" She said and I just nodded. "Yeah, he’s one of my first friends in school as he was a transferee also and Sungjae introduced me to him and the rest of the group.” She said.

“Oh, I understand.” I said and it was quiet again.

“Were you, uhm, a troublemaker back then?” She said taking me aback.

“Uhm,” I slowly nodded.

“Oh, ok.” She said.

“Why are you curious?” I asked without knowing why I was even curious about what she thinks of.

“It just didn’t feel true since you’re the opposite when I met you.” She said in a low voice.

“People change.” I said plainly.

“I know.” She said with a sigh.

“Why are you sighing?” I asked.

“Nothing. I was like that too after, uhm, something happened but with the help of my friends, I finally moved on. It won’t help me anyway if I keep trapping myself in the past.” She said and her every word seemed to slap me hard on the face. I'm even curious as to why she said that to me. I wasn't expecting an answer from her but somehow, it felt nice and I don't know why. I was just able to murmur an ‘uhm’ and it was quiet again but she broke it after a few minutes. “Why did you change then? You have a reason I suppose?” She said.

“I-It’s a long story.” I said.

“Oh, it’s ok. I won’t force you if you don’t want to talk about it.” She said and I just nodded. Maybe she was alright afterall. I mean, I think she’s not that dimwit and I think I was somehow wrong about her but it was too late already. Taking back my words before maybe’s a way but I don’t know how. I still can’t forget that she’s the reason why I felt broken again. I’ll just cherish this time and forget about what has happened before. I think I owe her too after what had happened today. This vacation was worth it afterall.

No One’s POV

Back in the house, they one by one woke up and found Kyungsoo, Ah Neul and Kai preparing their breakfast. All were surprised but thankful. EXO, knowing that Kyungsoo has a passion for cooking, got excited to eat but Kyungsoo stopped them saying that they should all eat together.

On the other hand, a member was still in his room lazy to get up. He rolled on his bed until his phone rang. He lazily got it and answered the call.

“Yoboseyo?” He said sleepily but turned fully awake after knowing who the caller was. “Maknae, what’s with the call?” He said sitting up.

“Just checking you guys out.” Sehun said.

“Us or Hyomi?” He said in a teasing manner.

“Both?” Sehun replied but it turned as if it was a question.

“Yeah, if you say so.” He said sarcastically.

“I'm saying the truth. So how’s your vacation so far? I heard you went to the beach yesterday? And you were with BAP?” He said.

“Uhm, yeah. We’re somehow getting along with them. They’re nice, I guess. Lay and Himchan are also doing well. I think they’ll be able to fix their problem soon. Hopefully.” He said fixing his messy hair in front of the mirror.

“Uhm.” Sehun said as if he was hesitating.

“You want to talk to her?” He said chuckling.

“Uhm, yeah. Is she there?” He said.

“You should’ve just called her. Even disturbing my sleep.” He joked.

"Sorry." He said.

“Just kidding. Wait. I’ll check her room.” He said getting out the room, walking to Hyomi’s room.

“Ok. Thanks hyung.” He said and waited for his hyung to give the phone to Hyomi. He knocked on the door but there was no answer so he peeked in and found no one. He then decided to go down and found some EXO and BAP members at the living room and upon noticing him, they turned to him and greeted him.

“Yo. Who’s on the phone?” Luhan asked.

“Sehun.” He replied.

“SEHUN?!” Some of the EXO members who happened to hear shouted running to him. BAP looked at them curiously.

“Yah, he didn’t call for you guys, ok?” He said pushing them away.

“Yeah, we know. Hyomi? She’s not here.” Tao said. Suddenly, Kris came from the kitchen holding a spatula.

“Where’s Daehyun?” Kris asked as he entered the living room, noticing that Daehyun’s missing.

“He’s not here.” Jongup said. Sehun who heard it flinched.

“Hyomi and Daehyun’s not there?” He whispered to himself.

“YAH! You guys are so noisy!” The one he was talking with shouted. He then trudged out and put the phone to his ears.

“Uhm—“

“I know. She’s not there right? And Daehyun too?” Sehun said.

“Ah, yeah. But I assure you! They’re not together or anything! They’re enemies actually.” He said trying to make the maknae not upset.

“Of course. I’ll hang-up now. Still have business to attend to tomorrow.” He said with a small smile though his hyung wouldn’t be seeing it.

“Ok. When are you coming back? Everyone misses you. Hyomi misses you a lot.” He said making his smile bigger.

“Soon, hyung.” He replied.

“Ok then. I’ll wait for that.” He said.

“Yeah, I’ll end the call already. Bye.” He said.

“Bye.” And they both ended the call. He sighed but then trudged back in with an annoyed face.

“YAH! You guys! Do you know what you did?!” He said and all of the people who was at the living room turned to him weirdly. He just groaned before walking out the house but stopped when he saw Daehyun and Hyomi coming and their closeness made him nervous. He even rubbed his eyes to make sure what he is seeing is right and no matter how many times he rubs his eyes, it was still the same.

“Sht. What am I going to do?” He whispered.

Jongup’s POV

We were all surprised when Chanyeol hyung shouted at us then leave the house. Suho hyung who was at the kitchen walked out and asked what happened and we all shrugged. He just sighed and went back in the kitchen.

“He was scary.” I heard Zelo said. I nodded.

“I’ll go back to the room. I left my cellphone there.” I said and he nodded. I walked up to my room and looked for my phone. I found it at the bedside table near the window. I smiled as I got it and when I looked up, something unexpected caught my attention.

“Daehyun hyung and Hyomi? When did they get this close?” I thought. I just shrugged the thought away and walked out can’t wait to tell Yongguk hyung, Himchan hyung, Youngjae hyung, and Zelo about what I saw. This is getting interesting but why do I feel weird?


UPDATED! SORRY! I know it's long. I just need to make it fit in this chapter so that the next chapter would be the last chapter for the vacation and also since everyone is looking for Sehun already. 

I hope the little appearance of Sehun made all the Sehun fans out there feel better. Sorry if it's taking long. Please wait for it though.

THANK YOU!