Youngjae's Story

Wishing Upon A Flower

Real Story - Infinite


Chapter 78 - Youngjae's Story

Hyomi's POV

I glanced over my wrist watch then back in front, tapping my fingers impatiently on my table. Why is the time passing by so slow? I jerked forward as someone kicked my chair. I turned around and Jongup was staring back at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I whispered.

"Stop it," he whispered and it took me several seconds to understand what he meant. I grinned.

"Sorry," I whispered then looked front again.

A few more minutes, the bell finally rang. I couldn't wait to get off of my chair. If you wonder why I'm this eager for class to end, I have two reasons, one of which is pretty obvious: I'm bored. The second is because of what happened a few nights before. I was to busy with my own confused feelings to ask Youngjae oppa what really happened, and I truly felt bad upon realizing it once I got home. It got me worried over the next day, a Sunday, but I couldn't get in touch with him as if he turned his phone off. So I waited 'til today.

"Yah," I turned and Jongup sat, legs spread out to my chair. "What's up? You look...tensed?"

"What? No," I said and I hope he believed me. I don't even know why I'm tensed.

"Yeah, right. Says your shaky voice," he rolled his eyes. I gulped. "C'mon. Spill."

"It's nothing, really," I said.

"Right," he replied with a 'I-won't-stop-til-you-tell-me' tone.

"Where's Youngjae oppa?" I asked to change the topic.

"Wow. Don't tell me you-- OW!" I hit him on the arm the second I understood what he was trying to say. 

"What the, Jongup, seriously?" I said and he harrumphed.

"Just joking, okay. You need not to hit me," he pouted and I sighed. He really has that power to make me feel so guilty.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Are you even a guy?" I murmured. He stuck his tongue out.

"I'm sure they'll be at the hang-out place. You want to come?" He asked as he stood up.

"Uhm... Can you just tell him if we could meet at the rooftop right now? I'll be waiting," I said and he nodded.

"I'm curious though-- YAH" I walked away even before he finished.

"Thank you! I'll be waiting!" 

 

I felt the wind as soon as I opened the door to the rooftop and I smiled. Been a while.

I stood in front of the railings, waiting until finally, I heard the door open. I turned and saw him biting his lower lip before smiling.

"Hey?"

"Hi!" I beamed, trying to lighten up the mood. He walked towards me and stood beside me at the railings. "So... Are you okay...after that day? Did they come back?" I asked worriedly. He looked down sighing before facing me and nodding. He also painted a smile to try and convince me but I know better than to believe. 

"I'm okay. I stayed over at Daehyun's for that night then looked for a place to stay the next day. I didn't want to bother my best friend, you know," he chuckled. I chuckled with him while shaking my head.

"You're too nice, you know that? Daehyun is too lucky to have you as a friend," I said and he laughed.

"Well maybe?" And we both laughed.

"I hope you don't mind but...who were those guys? Why are they following you?" I asked, worried, concerned.

"Them..."

"It's okay if you're not comfortable but I'm just really worried and concerned," I said rubbing my arms.

"No, I understand. I'm already too sorry for putting you in that position. Telling you at least could make up for it," he softly smiled and smiled back. "It's my father...my adoptive father." 

Youngjae's POV

Flashback

I don't remember much of my past. I woke up to see a ceiling unfamiliar. Nothing seemed familiar that time. I felt pain and numbness. I was four back then. 

"He's awake!" I looked to the direction of the voice and a blurry figure of a little girl came running to my bed. "OPPA!"

"W-Who are you?" I asked, my voice husky from just waking up. She frowned.

"I'm your little sister!" She shouted.

"I...I have? I can't remember anything," I said and I felt my head ache suddenly and that's when I felt a bandage around my head. I clutched my head as the surging pain didn't go and I groaned. "AHHHH"

"OPPA! OPPA!"

"YERIN!" I head a woman's voice shout and a girl suddenly sobbed.

"Oppa..."

"Youngjae... Are you okay?" She said and I couldn't answer her as I clutched my head. I don't even know if I'm the one she's talking to. I don't remember my name as well. "Yerin, call the doctor!"

"N...Neh!" 

Everything went black after.

 

I woke up. My vision was blurry and it took me seconds to adjust to the light. The same voice, the high pitched voice little girl was what I heard.

"Oppa... Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded. She smiled. "I'll call omma!" She ran away after. I tried to sit up and when I did, I looked around. Where am I? That's the first question I thought of. I was so little back then. I don't know much and I don't remember a thing when I woke up.

"Youngjae?" I looked at the door and saw the lady from a while ago. If she's the little kid's mom and she called her omma then she is...my mother? "At last you're awake! Are you okay? Don't you feel any pain?" I shook my head.

"I'm better. Who are you?" I asked. She bringed but smiled.

"I'm your mother and this is Yerin, your sister, don't you remember?" And they both smiled at me.

"I can't remember anything," I said. She sighed. She took my hand and patted it.

"It'll take time. You don't have to force yourself. We'll help you create good memories if you don't remember anything," she said and I nodded.

Since then, they helped me recover. I lived a good life. Appa, I don't know but he didn't like me. I don't know why and my mom always said that he just have too many at his hand, too busy. It was always like that and I tried to understand everytime.

I grew up doing what he wanted because I want him to like me. To at least pay me more attention. I did good in school. I studied so hard I barely slept. I did everything but nothing.

It was during a party when I felt happy the most. That was the time he recognized me as his son.

"I heard your son won the district's quiz bee. Congratulations," his business friend said and he looked over at me. He looked surprised. Of course he doesn't know. He don't bother to know anything about me.

"Of course! He's my son!" He said. "Youngjae, come here," he called and I approached him with a smile. I bowed to his friends and they congratulated me and asked me about so many things and they were impressed. I was only twelve then.

They called me a genius. They said they couldn't wait to see me as successful or even surpass my father. I thanked them and that was it. After that night, it was back to how it was.

A year later, mom died because of an illness. We were all in pain. My sister, Yerin, cried all night and I sat with her, comforting her. After the burial, I felt invisible. My dad...he almost didn't see me at all.

It didn't take long that I found out something. I was surprised but it made things clearer to me. My dad treated me like that because I'm not...his real son. I'm not a part of their family at all. Not at all. I didn't tell him I knew. He didn't need to. I didn't tell Yerin neither. I don't even know if she knew all along. 

Since then, I tried to earn my own money. Working at different stores. Anywhere. I didn't tell anybody about it. I didn't use up the money given by my foster dad too. 

I was thankful also...because that was when I met great friends: Yongguk hyung and Daehyun hyung.

I spent most of my time with them. I didn't tell them much so they don't know much either. I love being around them and that's what's important to me.

For years, I lived in the same house but I did it for Yerin. I cared for her more than anybody. But it doesn't mean I didn't try looking for my family, where I really belong. 

It was just months ago when my dad told me that I need to gear up for the company. He told me it wasn't his choice but the board's choice. He told me that I shouldn't fail him. He told me to take a business course at Yonsei University, one of the top school's in the Korea. I declined and said I didn't want it. It's the first time I actually went against his words. Against what he wanted. He grew so mad. He asked me to move out if I'll be a disobedient son and I didn't have a choice but do.

Yerin cried but I explained to her that nothing will change. I told her where I lived so that she could visit me anytime. During those days after I moved out that I felt free. I loved it. I thought I could continue living like that but my dad's secretary showed up one time and told me that my father asked me home. I wasn't able to say no because he left right after and I know he wouldn't listen. That was the reason I couldn't show up the time BAP asked to meet sometime during Christmas.

End of Flashback

"Those people that night...was my father's. They are forcing me to get back home." 

Hyomi's POV

Wow. Just wow. I was tearing up after he finished his story and I wiped it away quickly.

"What are you crying for?" He laughed. "Stop it. It's not worth it," he said.

"Sorry. It's just that I didn't know," I said.

"It's okay," he smiled.

"What are you planning now?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I'll continue to say no. I won't get it. Ever." He shook his head and I smiled.

"I know you could do it," I smiled.

"Of course. I'm Youngjae, remember?" He said and we both smiled. "I hope it'll just be between us," he said.

"Yes, I promise," I smiled and nodded.

"I wonder... Have you found...your real family?" He didn't answer.

The bell rang after and he pushed himself off of the railings. 

"Let's go. We don't want to be late," he smiled and we both left the rooftop. 


HIIIIIIIII 

OKAY I know, I haven't updated for so long. I hope this made up for it? 

I love you guys!!! Thank you for staying with me! Comment please? :)