Announcement

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

A/N: As promised, I changed this chapter. Hope you'll enjoy this chapter. :)

So Sweet by Teen Top

 

 


Chapter 76 – Announcement

The next following days, Hyomi would often just stay home. If not, she’ll be out with Sehun or the whole group. She once met up with Ah Neul and she could say that something changed. Not in their relationship but in her usual look. She looks more…bright if that’s even the right word to use.

She would go walk in the morning sometimes and as if fate was playing, she would always see Daehyun.

They don’t really talk to each other when they meet but they do walk together often in silence. If ever they would talk, they would start bickering and arguing; the typical them.

Even if Daehyun still acts as if he’s mad at her, he couldn’t help not walking with her every time he sees her in the morning. He would often make a way to have a reason to be beside her. Sometimes, he would say things like “You owe me” and threaten her that he would not forgive her. Childish, yes, but Hyomi was no different. She was of equal. She would just harrumph but goes with him anyways. It’s like part of his daily activities. If he won’t be able to stroll their area with her even just for a day, something would feel missing.

That’s how badly in love he was already and he don’t even notice it. And the other was too caught up to even realize it.

Hyomi’s POV

Classes sadly resumes today. I trudged my way to the bathroom to take a bath before changing to my school uniform. With eyes half closed, I made my way down the stairs to the dining room where Baekhyun oppa and uncle already sat and were eating. I greeted them good morning and aunt set a plate of pancake for me before I sat down and immediately ate. I heard a chuckle and I looked up to see my aunt settle herself in front of me.

“What time did you sleep again?” She asked me and I turned back to my food.

“Around twelve or something,” I muttered, too sleepy to reply.

“Aigoo, school works?” She asked and before I could answer, Baekhyun oppa interrupted me.

“No, spazzing, as usual, or maybe she was on the phone with Sehun,” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Am not, okay,” I said and continued eating. He smirked and continued on with his food.

“We’ll go now,” we announced after having finished our food and brushed our teeth. I grabbed my bag from the couch and slung it over my shoulder lazy. I slipped on my shoes and walked out the door.

“Have fun!” Aunt hollered from the door as we both got out. We both nodded.

The weather as expected is still cold. The snow is already starting to melt. I rubbed my hands together and breathe on it for little warmth before slipping it inside my blazers pocket.

“Wait up,” Baekhyun oppa called and I stopped, waiting for him to catch up. “There, so… I heard you last night,” he said and I turned to him, with wide eyes. “So don’t accuse me of lying a while ago,” he stuck his tongue out and I rolled my eyes.

“It was nothing,” I said and rubbed eyes.

“Nothing… Yeah right,” he rolled his eyes. I was lucky that he dropped the topic after and we boarded the bus as soon as we reached the bus stop.

It was really not nothing. I was on the phone with Sehun last night. We were talking about how to act in school tomorrow and everything. I’m sure it’ll be best if we would just keep quiet about his relationship with Daehyun because it’ll be a big issue if the student body would find about it.

The bus stopped half an hour later and we got down and started walking to school. We were just joking around while walking when from the distance, just on the entrance, I saw Sehun standing, greeted by other students, mostly girls. I felt a tinge of jealousy but ignored it as we continued walking.

“Oh, look, it’s Sehun,” Baekhyun oppa said and immediately called his attention. He waved at him and he smiled back, his eyes landing on me a second later. I smiled at him and he made his way over us.

“What are you doing there?” I asked and he pinched my cheeks.

“What else, of course waiting for you!” He said and I felt a blush creep up my cheeks.

“Okay… Guys, I’ll go ahead so you could continue you’re little moment. Bye, see you later,” Baekhyun oppa said before walking away casually. I rolled my eyes at him and Sehun laughed.

“Why so grumpy early in the morning?” He asked as we started walking.

“Just sleepy. I haven’t had enough sleep last night,” I muttered.

“Aigoo… My princess is sleepy, huh?” He said and I felt my stomach flip.

“Uhm…” I mumbled.

“Want to skip class then?” He inquired and I raised an eyebrow at him.

“You know…”

“Yeah, yeah. You don’t skip classes without a ‘good’ purpose,” he quoted and I stuck my tongue out.

“Then let’s take our break at the library or somewhere where you could take a nap for a while,” he said and I smiled, nodding.

He sent me to my classroom and kissed my forehead before making his way to his classroom. I walked to my seat and Ahneul looked up subtly and greeted. I blinked my eyes at her. Something was different and I can’t pint-point what.

“Is there anything on my face?” She asked, feeling her face and I shook my head, laughing.

“No. But there’s something new to you,” I said and I immediately noticed her cheeks pinked. “And you are blushing, what’s up?” I said.

“Huh? Nothing. I think it’s pretty hot that is why,” she said fanning herself.

“Seriously? It’s so damn cold you know,” I said, raising an eyebrow. “Aha!” I shouted and she jumped on her seat making me laugh. “And you are so jumpy today.”

“What? I just got startled and it’s been only a few minutes,” she said rolling her eyes.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, a teasing smile on my face. She continued writing on her notebook obviously trying to ignore my remarks and I just dropped the topic and scanned the classroom.

The classroom is already half-filled. Jong-up’s seat is still unoccupied though. My eyes landed back on Ahneul and what she was doing. I found her phone on the table and it blinked as a message came in and if I was right…wait…

“Kai?” I said and she looked up from her phone to me.

“Uh, yeah, he was just asking something,” she said before pressing send and putting her phone away. Seriously, something’s odd with her and I’ll find out about it before this day ends. I faced my chair to her and quietly watched her, trying to decipher her odd self today.

“By the way, I’ll be going with Sehun oppa later. Maybe you could just go with the EXO guys or Kai, for sure he’ll be ready anytime,” I teased and I saw her blush. “Tsk, blushing so much,” I laughed at her and she glared at me.

“Whatever,” she mumbled.

The class began as soon as the last bell rang. It lasted for two hours and just before we were dismissed, Ahneul had excused herself to go to the restroom. The moment she stood up, her cellphone fell of her pocket. I picked up immediately before the teacher sees and stuffed it inside my own pocket. We were dismissed two minutes after Ahneul left and I stood up.

“Ahneul really likes going to the washroom just before being dismissed huh?” Jongup said as he stuffed his things inside his bag and I nodded, laughing.

“Ahneul’s always going to be Ahneul.”

“I’ll go now then. See you later,” Jongup smiled and I smiled back, nodding.

“Hey,” I turned around and saw Sehun smiling.

“Oh, oppa,” I said.

“Let’s go?” He said.

“Are you not hungry?” I asked and he shook his head.

“I’m okay,” he smiled before he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me out the door. “Where are we off to?” He asked.

“Uhm…”

“Uhm…” He mimicked. I rolled my eyes.

“Stop mocking me.”

“I’m not.”

“Yeah right.” I rolled my eyes and he laughed. “By the way, I think I know the right place,” I grinned.

We reached the abandoned dance room and we entered, finding it empty as usual.

“Do you often go here?” He asked looking around.

“When I want some peace, yeah,” I smiled.

“Peace, yeah right,” he smirked. I plopped myself at a corner and he followed, sitting beside me. He patted his shoulder, smiling.

“Thanks,” I said before leaning on him. I got shocked as something vibrated in my pockets and I fished the phone out my pocket. “Oh, it’s Ahneul’s phone,” I said and Sehun peered over.

“Why’s it with you?” He asked.

“She dropped it a while ago and I forgot to return it too because she hasn’t come back from the washroom when we left,” I said and he nodded.

“Maybe you should check who texted. It might be important,” he said and I nodded.

Ahneul won’t be mad, I guess. She was never mad when I checked her phone before and even read through her messages. I unlocked the phone and the notification that a message just came was displayed on the screen. I swiped the lock screen and the wallpaper surprised me for a while and I guess Sehun too as he grabbed the cell phone and took a closer look.

“Whoah, just whoah. I knew it,” he said and I smirked.

“Not so surprising huh?” I said and he nodded.

“No, not at all,” he smirked.

“This is getting interesting,” I laughed and Sehun agreed, nodding. His phone vibrated, followed by mine and we both got our phones out reading the message that just came.

Hang-out later after school. Kai said he has something to say. – Kris

 

That was what brought us all here inside the bubbletea house after school. We sipped on our bubbleteas and others ate their deserts. And I’m sure we were creating so much noise as people constantly turned our way.  

“Where’s Kai? He was the one who called for this meeting,” Kyungsoo oppa said sipping on his drink.

“He’s on his way,” Luhan oppa said as he read a message I think came from Kai.

“Isn’t Ahneul invited?” Xiu Min oppa looked up from his phone and all I could do was shrug as a small smile graced my lips.

“Wait. Do you know what’s going to happen?” Yi Xing oppa asked and I glanced at Sehun and we both shrugged.

“Maybe we should—Oh Kai’s here and…OHGOSH. Am I seeing right?” Baekhyun oppa said as his eyes widened. We all turned to the doorway and I felt Sehun grab my hand and give it a squeeze. I looked up at him and smiled.

“Am I right with my guess…” Tao oppa said, following every movement of the two as they made their way to our table. My eyes trailed around the table and I bit my lip as I saw Kyungsoo oppa looking stiff. I almost forgot. Damn.

“Hi guys,” Kai greeted and everyone seemed to be taking in what they are seeing to bother greeting.

“Hey,” I did the honour of greeting and he smiled. I glanced at Ahneul and she looked so nervous.

“Have a seat guys,” Suho said moving a little to give space to them. Kai gave way for Ahneul first before he followed and took a seat beside her. Ahneul glanced at me and I smiled, nodding. She pinked immediately and I supressed my laughter.

“So can you explain us what we just saw?” Chanyeol oppa asked.

“Uh… Yeah…” Kai said scratching the back of his neck and looked at Ahneul. Ahneul nervously glanced at him and I could feel that both of them are nervous but happy at the same time.

We waited patiently for one of them to speak up. Although I have a guess on what it is, I still anticipated to hear it directly from them since I wasn’t so sure that it is what I think. While waiting, I glanced over at Kyungsoo oppa and found him spacing out, drinking his bubbletea once in a while although he tried to look as if he was one of us, waiting to hear what Kai and Ahneul had to say.

“C’mon. Tell it already. You’re getting us impatient,” Jongdae oppa said.

“Are you…you know…something already?” Kris oppa said and it made me laugh at how awkward he was saying it. Kai turned to Ahneul and finally let out a breath and nodded and the time seemed to stop as everyone fell silent before they burst out cheering catching attention from the other people inside the shop. A waiter had already told us to put down our voices a little so we did, just a little.

“So it’s true! I knew it. That was why you were happy all day, huh, Jongin?” Chanyeol wrapped an arm around the latter’s shoulder and Jongin blushed furiously, glaring at Chanyeol.

“Hyung,” he murmured.

“Ahneul was no different so you could say it quits, huh?” I said and Ahneul glared at me. They really are meant for each other. The table started interrogating them and they tried to answer all of the questions thrown to them. It was only Kyungsoo oppa who remained quiet but acted interested at same time. I sighed.

I should’ve known this would’ve happened. I felt so sorry for Kyungsoo oppa but what can I do?

After all the chatters, it was time to go home. We all gathered outside the shop.

“Take care of Ahneul okay? If something happens to her, we’ll blame you,” I wiggled my eyebrows at him and Kai laughed.

“Yes mom,” he teased.

“But we’re serious here, okay,” Suho said and Kai nodded, understanding.

“How could our two maknaes get girlfriends first before us,” Xiu Min sighed and Luhan slung an arm around his shoulder.

“Don’t worry. You can marry your buns anytime!” He teased and Xiu Min shoved him away.

“Yeah right. Marry your Rubik’s Cube then,” he rolled his eyes and we laughed at their silliness.

“We’ll go now then. See you tomorrow,” Kai said and we all nodded. I looked at Ahneul and smiled.

“I’ll call later,” I mouthed and it was funny how she rolled her eyes. I let out a soft chuckle before diverting my gaze at the others. They one by one said good bye and the last ones were Baekhyun, Sehun, Kyungsoo oppa and I.

“I’ll go ahead now,” Kyungsoo oppa said and softly smiled.

“Ok. Take care,” Baekhyun oppa said and he nodded. He had turned to leave when I called him and jogged to him.

“Are you alright, oppa?” I asked. He smiled and nodded.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I?” I bit my lower lip and shook my head. I softly smiled.

“Nothing. Just…I’m always here oppa to listen. Take care on your way home. Bye,” I waved and he smiled nodding. I turned to leave when he grabbed my wrist. I turned around.

“Thank you,” he said and I nodded, smling.

“Anytime.” I walked back to Baekhyun and Sehun oppa and started to walk to the bus stop with a small smile.

No One’s POV

The BAP boys were walking home when they spotted the EXO boys and Hyomi and Ahneul gathered up in front of the bubbletea shop. The sun was about to set by then.

“A meeting?” Jongup said and they shrugged.

“Am I seeing it right though?” Zelo said as he looked closer at the new couple who stood side by side. They all turned to look at what Zelo was saying and Yongguk looked at Himchan who forced a smile.

“At last, huh?” He muttered and the other boys looked at him worriedly. “What? I’m okay,” he laughed. The boys just played along and laughed.

“We’ll find ours someday. SOMEDAY!” Zelo shouted and the hyungs laughed at him. Daehyun looked back once and he bit his lip. His look fell immediately on the only girl he sees and his gaze softened.

“Someday…”


Sorry for the long wait! Hope you enjoyed it! I'll update as soon as I can :)

Sorry for the errors here and there. 

THANK YOU! :)