Sleep Well, Good Night

Wishing Upon A Flower

Sleep Well, Good Night by B1A4


Chapter 40 – Sleep Well, Good Night

Hyomi’s POV

As soon as we got in, we were lead to a table. It seemed as if Jongup had prepared for this but I wonder why. I’m sure he knows he shouldn’t spend for an expensive meal when he would just treat me. I already told him about it before. I sat beside Sehun oppa while Jongup sat opposite from us. We were given menus by a waiter. I looked through the menu.

“Jongup, you know, you shouldn’t have brought us here,” I said looking at him from the menu.

“I know but just this once?” He said and I sighed.

“Ok, we’re here already,” I said and looked back to the menu. I couldn’t seem to pick a meal; a meal that would cause a little cheaper than the other foods. I puffed my cheeks.

“Should I pick for you? It’s ok, right, Jongup?” Sehun said. Jongup nodded.

“Yeah,” he said.

“Huh? It’s ok,” I said smiling. I’m still a little awkward. I didn’t know he would come with me. I already told him I could go alone but the other EXO oppas insisted so I was left with no choice since I’ll be late when I argue with them more. I just chose something that is the cheapest that I could eat. After we’ve said the orders, I was surprised when Jongup didn’t order anything. “Are you not going to eat?” I asked then I remembered about his mask. “Oh, I get,” I said.

“It’s ok. I’m not hungry. Besides, I brought you here to treat you not to treat myself,” he said and his eyes smiled a little but it was not the usual he gives me that I find a little weird.

“Are you sure, Jongup? I’ll just pay for myself. I just came without saying anyway. Sorry about it,” Sehun said. He never changed and I’m glad he didn’t. I smiled quietly to myself.

“It’s ok. I just got my pay so yeah, it’s fine,” Jongup said.

“Ok then. I’ll make it up next time,” Sehun said and smiled.

“You two seem to be close already,” I said smiling.

“Well, I should treat people nicely who took care of you, right?” Sehun said and smirked. I tried to hide my pink cheeks. Jongup squirmed in his seat and looked away. I felt a little bit guilty since he might be feeling disappointed. I’ll just make it up to him. Most likely that’s what I’ll do.

Soon the food came but I can’t seem to eat knowing Jongup is there not eating anything. I began to wonder, what if Sehun is not here, would he remove his mask and eat? I sighed unconsciously, not thinking Sehun would notice.

“Are you ok?” He asked.

“Ah, yeah,” I smiled and began to eat. Once in a while, I would glance up at Jongup who just wandered around.

“Oh, right,” Sehun said. “Jongup, thanks,” he said.

“For what?” He asked.

“For being there for Hyomi,” he smiled.

“Ah, yeah. Sure. It’s nothing. I would do what I did even though no one told me anyway,” he said which made me feel fluttered. I knew I chose the right people to be friends with. Sehun replied with a smile.

“Why are you like this suddenly?” I said smirking.

“Nothing,” he shrugged. We finished eating in half an hour and Jongup paid for the meal. We walked out the restaurant and stood by the door.

“So, thanks for the meal though it would be better if you just stick with you promise,” I said, smiling.

“Sorry. I’ll try,” he said.

“So, we’ll be going then,” I said and he nodded.

“Y-Yeah, see you tomorrow then,” he said.

“Glad you’re going to school tomorrow already. I’ll see you, bye,” I said and give him a little wave before I left with Sehun oppa. I looked back once and saw Jongup with a sad look. I bit my lower lip before grabbing my phone.

Jongup’s POV

I sighed as soon as they turned and left. This is not what I planned. We were supposed to go somewhere else after. I was supposed to walk around with her and to end it, we’ll go to the playground in front of the university where the name Hongdae derived from and you already know what. I’ve thought of it so much but got disappointed in the end. If only he hadn’t come, if only he didn’t became like a third wheel, it would be perfect.

Sighing, I took a step away when my phone started vibrating. I stopped and got my phone out from my pockets and checked from whom the message came and surprisingly, it was from Hyomi.

Sorry. I knew I shouldn’t have let Sehun oppa come without your permission. I’m so sorry. I’ll not try to reason out anymore. I’ll try to make it up to you, I promise that. Thank you for the meal, best buddy. See you tomorrow :) – Hyomi

I slightly smiled but sighed with how she called me.

Best buddy.

I knew it. I’m just a best friend. A friend.

“What are you sulking for?” I was startled with the voice. I turned and Daehyun hyung stood with a smirk.

“Hyung, what are you doing here? Isn’t your back hurting still?” I asked surprised to see him.

“I’m ok. Besides, it’s you who looks wasted,” he said. I looked away.

“It’s nothing,” I said.

“I saw what happened. Were you supposed to do something?” I asked and since I’m not in the mood anymore, I just shrugged. “Aish. Stop it, would you? She’s just another girl. You could find other girls,” he said.

“She’s not hyung and you know that,” I said. I looked at him with a knowing look. Since he wasn’t wearing any mask, I could see how his expression changed. Despaired, I removed my mask.

“Ok, sorry. You know what, the four already had their new haircut. Should we?” he said. Before I could answer, he pushed me forward. “Let’s go before it gets too late,” he said. The only thing I was able to do was sigh. Maybe it’s not the right time yet. Yeah, that might be why.

Hyomi’s POV

“So,” we both said at the same time and laughed.

“You go first,” he said and I nodded.

“Are we going home or not?” I asked.

“Honestly?” He asked making me scrunch my nose.

“Of course,” I said.

“Well, I like to spend some more time with you,” he smiled. I felt butterflies inside my stomach and I tried to hide it.

“Oh, sure. I’ll just tell Baekhyun oppa first. He might freak out when I don’t go home before dawn again,” I laughed remembering how Baekhyun oppa shout at me when I get home pass my so-called curfew time.

“Ah, right, sure,” he smiled. I got my phone and texted a short message then put my phone back in my pockets. It was quiet after as we just walk around without any definite plans.

We had been walking around for minutes and it wasn’t boring than what you would think even though we weren’t uttering any words. When our hands brushed against each other, I felt shiver ran down my spine. I bit down my lower lip. I don’t know if I still like him like how I did but I think I still do.

If you’re confused, I know I said I had a crush on Minhyuk oppa until I left my school in Busan and that was also the time my parents died. The crush I meant was just for admiration since he was so good about everything from singing, dancing, and rapping. That same time, when I had a crush on Minhyuk oppa, I knew I had feelings for Sehun oppa but different from how I feel from Minhyuk oppa. I puffed my cheeks remembering that.

I was surprised when someone grabbed my hand. I looked down at my hand and found it clasped with Sehun oppa’s hand. I felt my cheeks burn. I haven’t held his hand for too long and I must admit, I missed it. I tried to hide my smile so I just wandered my eyes around.

“You know what?” I turned my attention to him as he started talking. He stopped and turned to me with a smile. “I missed this, more than you could’ve imagined,” he said ending it with another heartwarming smile.

“M-Me too,” I said, smiling. We started walking once again in silence.

“So how we’re you?” he asked.

“Uhm, I’m good, I guess,” I shrugged though I knew I wasn’t that good at all. That’s just what I’m feeling this moment; happy that BAP did their promise and happy because he came back.

“Really? You know I could say whether you’re lying or not,” he said, smirking. I stuck my tongue out on him.

“Believe it or not, I am. Especially that you’re…….back,” I said. I could imagine myself red as tomato right now but I couldn’t help it.

“Me too, I’m happy I’m back,” he said smiling.

“You, how were you? What brought you back?” I asked really curious why he came back without saying anything.

“Do I have to have a reason?” He pouted. I felt bad because of that. He doesn’t fail to do that and that makes me weak.

“It’s not that. I just know you got to have a reason so what is it?” I asked.

“Well,” he said and we both stopped. He looked around and smiled before turning to me. “I know we just ate but for desert?” He said and he just pulled me to a café.

“What are we going to eat?” I asked.

“What do you think? We’re in a café and everything?” He said in a sarcastic manner and I hit him softly on his arm.

“So sarcastic,” I muttered. He grinned and pinched the bridge of my nose.

“I’m just joking,” he said. I shove his hand away.

“Yah!” I said and he just laughed.

“Go and pick already, my treat,” he said.

“Of course it’s your treat. You brought me here,” I stuck my tongue out and he just shook his head and laughed. “The usual, chocolate fudge,” I smiled. He nodded and picked his before ordering.

“Drinks?” He turned to me.

“You pick,” I shrugged. He knew pretty well what I like and don’t anyway.

“Two slices of chocolate fudge and two orders of chocolate milk tea please,” Sehun oppa said and I saw the cashier person blushed madly. I mentally facepalmed myself. I turned to look at Sehun oppa and I don’t know if he’s playing dumb or he just don’t notice the looks the girl is giving him. I don’t know but I pulled my hand away from his. He looked at me, blinking.

“I’ll get us both a table,” I said and walked off. I scoffed. What am I fuming for the first place?! I’m so stupid. After I’ve settled down, I looked outside the café watching the people go by as if they were entertaining. They were, somehow.

“What are you mad at?” I turned and saw Sehun putting a tray on our table, putting my drink and slice of cake in front of me and did the same for him before putting the tray away.

“I’m not mad,” I said as he sat down. I took a short drink with my tea to avoid looking in his eyes.

“Are you jealous?” He said making me glare at him.

“And why would I?!” I said, surprised myself at how my voice came out too loud. I gulped. “Sorry,” I said. He shook his head laughing.

“I know the looks the cashier girl is giving me and guess what I said,” he said.

“What?” I asked, trying to act uninterested but the truth is I was so curious.

“You guess,” he said smirking.

“No thanks,” I said.

“Aish, ok. I said I’m taken,” he said making my eyes widen.

“WHAT?!” I said, almost shouting. The people near us who heard it turned to us and I bit my lip embarrassed by my own actions. I heard Sehun oppa laughed. “Nothing’funny,” I glared at him.

“Sorry. It’s just that you looked funny there,” he said and I puffed my cheeks. I began eating my cake to forget my shameful action and to ignore Sehun oppa. “Yah, take it easy. You might—“ he stopped when I started coughing.

Strike two. Sht.

He gave me my drink and I drank it down while he patted my back.

“Thanks,” I said whilst coughing. He looked worriedly at me. “I’m ok, don’t worry. Just some stupidity issues,” I said sighing. I suddenly remembered how Daehyun calls me stupid and I call him stupid as well. Somehow, it made me smile.

“You should take care, you know,” he said and I nodded.

“I know,” I said. We continued with our desert in silence. I’m curious who he likes or who’s his girlfriend since he said he’s taken but I don’t want to know as well because it might break my heart. Ok. I’m so over reacting.

After eating in silence, we left the café.

“So?” I asked. He looked at his wrist watch and I did too.

“It’s already seven. Do you want to go home already?” He asked. I thought about it. As much as I want to stay with him still, I still have some home works to do.

“I think we should call it for the day. I still have some home works to do,” I said. He nodded.

“Ok then. I’ll bring you home and I won’t accept a no,” he said and I snickered.

“I know, let’s go,” I said and we left going to the bus stop. When our bus arrived, we got in and settled down on a two-seater.

I quietly sat beside the window and looked out the window. I let out a sigh. It has been a long day but it felt so short. It’s confusing, I know. I don’t know how to explain it in a much easier way. Let’s just say many happened in one day but the day went by so fast. My eyelids are in the verge of closing. I yawned and leaned my head on the window. When my eyelids did close, a few seconds after, I felt my head being moved and land on a firm shoulder. I smiled to myself. I made myself comfortable and let myself drift off on his shoulder.

A few minutes later, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I lifted my head from his shoulder and blinked for a couple of times to adjust to the light.

“We’re here,” he said. I nodded and we both got off the bus. I rubbed my arms when the wind blew and touched my skin.

As days went by and I’m like this, being stupid, I’m slowly starting to believe Daehyun’s words how much I hated it. I tried to hide it because I’m sure Sehun oppa would remove his blazer and put on me. He also does that. I put my hands in my blazer’s pockets and tried to keep myself warm. It’ll be a ten-minute walk from the bus stop to our house so it’s little bit of a long walk.

“You were curious why I came back, right?” he asked. I nodded.

“But if you don’t want to tell, I’m not going to force you,” I shrugged.

“No, it’s ok. I also want you to know anyway,” he said and I just nodded and waited for him to continue. “My parents were supposed to hire someone else to look for a person I don’t know who. But after learning that the person they’re looking for is living here, I volunteered and luckily they said it was ok. I don’t know why they were looking for that person or whatsoever but knowing it’ll be here, I immediately thought of how I could be with the guys and be with you,” he said. I looked at him and he had a small smile on his face. I softly smiled as well.

“You’re making me feel fluttered, aren’t you?” I said, pouting.

“No, I’m not. That’s true,” he said. I snickered.

“Yeah right, as if I’ll believe you,” I said, trying to .

“I promised you I’ll come back when I have time right? But that’s not what brought me here, completely,” he said.

“What?” I asked, curious. He had been letting me guess since a while ago.

“Because—“

“THERE YOU ARE!” I held myself back from punching Baekhyun oppa.

“Yes, we’re here,” I said forcing on a smile. He smiled.

“Hey maknae,” Baekhyun greeted.

“Hey hyung,” Sehun oppa greeted back.

“You two enjoyed, I guess?” He smirked and I hid my blushing cheeks but I’m sure it wouldn’t be that visible since it’s dark outside.

“Yeah,” Sehun oppa said and I just nodded.

“So, do you want to go in before you leave?” Baekhyun oppa asked.

“It’s ok. It’s also late. I just brought Hyomi home,” he said. Baekhyun oppa nodded.

“Ok then. I’ll go in already. You go in after, ok?” Baekhyun oppa said and I nodded.

“Yes, oppa,” I said. As soon as he went in, I groaned. Sehun oppa laughed.

“He didn’t change,” he said and I nodded.

“I know. Same protective cousin,” I said. He smiled.

“So, I’ll go already. I’ll see you tomorrow?” He said and I nodded.

“Yeah,” I said. He nodded.

“You’re number is the same right?” He asked.

“Yup,” I replied.

“Ok then. See you tomorrow,” he said taking a step back. I nodded and watched him step back  before turning his back when he turned to face me again.

“Oh?” I asked.

“I……..just want to say good night and sweet dreams,” he said and I chuckled.

“Neh, oppa, jalgayo, good night,” I said. He smiled and gave me a small wave and turned his back. I watched him as he had turned the corner and disappear from my sight before I went in. I removed my shoes before walking inside the living room.

“How’s your day?” Baekhyun oppa asked as he leaned on the counter that separated the kitchen from the living room.

“Good,” I said. He smirked.

“I bet Sehun made your heart go fast, huh?” He said. I ignored what he said but knowing him, he followed me as I walked to my room. “Are you together already?” He asked. My eyebrows furrowed. What the heck is that?! “Is Sehun a a while ago?” He said. I turned and faced him. He stopped and looked at me with sheepish smile.

“No we’re not together and no he’s not a . Jongup and I are just best friends,” I said and turned my back before opening my room’s door.

“That’s good then. I’ll only allow Sehun to be your boyfriend and husband ifever,” he said shrugging.

“We’re not even in love with each other for you to say that,” I said and went in my room. I put my bag down beside the door and threw myself on my comfy bed. He leaned on my door looking at me. “Aren’t you going to go to your room too? We still have school tomorrow,” I said.

“I am. I’m just curious with what you did a while ago,” he said. I sat up from my bed and faced him.

“We ate with Jongup in a restaurant then I walked around with him then had a desert at a café then went home. Is that enough?” I said. He thought before shaking his head.

“No,” he said and I groaned.

“There’s nothing more than that,” I said. He scoffed.

“Yeah right. Tell me tomorrow, huh? I’ll stop annoying for today. Good night,” he said and closed my door. I sighed. He’s a sure nagger.

I lie back down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. The happenings today flash in my mind again and I can’t help but smile though I thought about how Jongup looked all throughout our meal. It made me sigh. My thoughts drifted to him.

I don’t like him nor love him. That’s for sure but I’m worried since he got hit at the back from protecting me. I grabbed my phone thinking to text him and ask if his ok when I remembered that I don’t have his number. I just threw my phone beside me and groaned. I shouldn’t be thinking about him for the first place. Aish. Snap out of it, Hyomi.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and got up from my bed. I still have loads of home works to finish. I took a sponge bath and wore my pajamas before doing my home works though I couldn’t take my mind of three people: Jongup, Daehyun and Sehun. I think I’m going to go insane.

When I finished my home works, I fixed my things for tomorrow and went to sleep. As I turned my lamps off, my phone began to ring. I took it and found a message from Sehun oppa. I opened it and read his message.

Hey. This is Sehun. Just want to say good night once more and once more, I missed you and I hope we could go out longer next time. See you tomorrow :) – Sehun

I smiled with his message and replied with a “Neh, me too. See you tomorrow. Good night.”

I put my phone away and with a smile, I went to sleep.


HI! How's this chapter?! Some Sehun and Hyomi moment! :) I'll update when I have time, I promise! Happy Father's Day! :)