Talk

Wishing Upon A Flower

Sunflower by Park Hong Joo


Chapter 72 – Talk

Hyomi’s POV

I sniffed earning a soft chuckle from the man sitting across me. I took a deep breath to stop the tears from coming. I didn’t intend to know about that for I know it was something really personal but uncle told me nevertheless. He said that it was something I would know sooner or later and even though I got confused by that, I just nodded and listened to him.

“Sorry,” I said and he smiled. “I just…”

“It’s okay. Still the little Hyomi I know. Cry-baby,” he laughed once again while my cheeks turned warm.

“Abeoji…” I pouted and he smiled.

“So tell me,” he said, adjusting on his seat. “How’s it with Sehun going?” He asked making me gulp, a little nervous. My hands that lie on my lap curled into a fist and I don’t know why. I was at lost for words. What should I say? The truth, of course, but I don’t really know what the status of our relationship is.

“I…”

“Is it hard?” He asked and before I could answer, he chuckled again. “Who am I kidding, of course it’s hard,” he began and I stared at him, baffled on what he was saying.

“What do you mean hard, abeoji?” I asked and he gave me a look soft and gentle.

“Not that I’m intruding or anything…” he said and coughed and I cringed. “But I can’t pretend I don’t know anything, I don’t see anything,” he said and his eyes was on me all the time. Slowly, I began to understand what he meant and it made me look down. Shame, that’s what I felt.

“I…I’m sorry,” I stuttered and I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder. I looked up and he had this warm fatherly smile on him and I could see clearly my dad in him, it almost made me cry.

“You don’t need to. It’s not your fault,” he said. “Tell me, is it your fault for being beautiful?” He said and I frowned.

“Abeoji, how could you joke about it,” I muffled, the tears I tried holding back falling.

“Hey, that was not a joke,” he said.

“Thanks…?” I said and he smiled. There was a moment of silence as I wiped my tears away and he sat in front of me, watching me.

“You know Sehun,” he said and I looked at him with the mention of his name. “He could read things easily, especially you, who knows you very well,” he said. I felt my chest getting heavy, it gets harder to breathe.

“Meanwhile, Daehyun…” He began and I bit my lower lip nervously. “When he wants something, he won’t let go easily unless he knows there’s nothing to hold on anymore,” he said and my jaw tightened. Darn it.

“I don’t know. I’m confused. I’m really sorry. I caused all of this,” I said, sighing, burying my face on my palms.

“I understand. Aigoo… I didn’t intend for you to feel pressured but it seems I failed,” he said and I shook my head.

“No, I don’t. I’m fine,” I said waving my hands in front. “I…I’ll fix everything. I’m sorry if…I’m acting so ungrateful. I hope I’ll be able to make it up to you, abeoji,” I said and he smiled. He took my hand into his.

“You don’t need to say sorry. It’s part of growing up, Hyomi and I understand you. I couldn’t blame you because it’s not your fault why my two sons fell for you,” he said and I felt my heart stop for a second. Two sons…fell for me… Wait.

“I-I…don’t understand. Are you playing some sort of prank on me? To prove your first impression on me?”

“Maybe… Why? Am I succeeding?”

His words replay in my head and I can’t help but get more confused. Was he really serious that time?

Before I could come to a conclusion, my phone rang and I got it in my pockets.

We’re near – Peniel oppa

Daehyun’s POV

“Where are we going now?” I asked as we continued to walk, it already wears me down. We’ve been walking almost all day.

“We’re near. We’ll rest there,” he said. “How could Hyomi like you when you have such a low stamina?” I glared at him but his back was faced to me.

“Yah, I heard that,” I said as I picked up my speed to match his.

“I know. It was intended for you to hear, pabo,” he said glancing at me. I snickered. “Uhm… If you continue being like this, I’m afraid Sehun would win. I mean, he had been there since they were in middle school…” He babbled on and on and I stopped myself from shoving my fist in his mouth. He had been telling me about Sehun, I could’ve mistaken him as gay.

“…No wonder Hyomi fell for him—“

“STOP IT! AISH.” I shouted, frustrated. People who heard me turned to look at me weirdly, especially as I was speaking in Korean. I bit my lower lip and I muttered ‘sorry’ in English to them while Donggeun laughed beside me. “Shut it. There’s nothing funny,” I groaned and he pursed his lips together although I know he was just trying to stop himself. I closed my eyes for moment to relax but the words from Donggeun couldn’t get out of my head.

“Anyways…” He said. I stopped myself from retorting and continued to walk—stomp—beside him. “Oh, we’re here.” He said as we stopped in front of a building. I looked up and read the sign.

“Studio?” He nodded.

“Let’s go,” he said as he walked in and I followed him.

“What are we going to do here?” I asked but he ignored me and continued to the information desk. He spoke in English so I didn’t understand but it was obvious that Donggeun knows this guy.

“Daehyun?” He said and I nodded.

“By the way, this is Steven,” Donggeun said and I nodded.

“Annyeong haseyo?” He said in his accent that it made me smile a little. I nodded. “Great. Nice to meet you,” he held out a hand and I took it. We shook hands before he Donggeun and him talked again before he handed a pass.

“Kaja,” Donggeun said and we left to the elevator.

He entered the floor number and when it slid open, we both stepped out to see rows of rooms with some booming with music.

“Here’s the pass. You go to the room number first. I’ll follow. I just need to use the washroom,” he said as he handed me the pass and scurried to the washroom. I laughed at the way he ran, looking as if any second he would pee on his pants. I shook my head in amusement before I looked at the room number on the pass and looked for it.

When I found the room, I saw the lights open so I did a double check on the number above the door. Maybe the person who used it a while forgot to turn off the lights. Right. I slid the card and it clicked open. I stepped in and closed the door behind me. When I turned, I was surprised to see who was inside.

No one left the lights open because there was really a person inside. And it’s him.

Hyomi’s POV

I stood outside the washroom and when I saw Donggeun oppa, I almost leapt towards him.

“Where’s he?” I asked looking behind him.

“In the room,” he said and I sighed in relief.

“Good,” I said. “Now, we’ll just have to wait and see if it works out,” I puffed my cheeks.

“I’m sure it will. Just relax, huh?” He said ruffling my hair and I grinned. “How about we grab something? I’m really tired and hungry. We’ve been walking for hours,” he groaned and I laughed.

“Ok fine. But your treat, okay? I’ don’t have enough money,” I said and he smirked.

“I know. Let’s go,” he said and walked towards the lift. I looked back to the room door and smiled a little. I hope everything would go well.


Short update since I don't want you guys to wait longer. I'll update as soon as I can. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)

Thank you for waiting!

(cr. sparklestars07 @tumblr)