Boyfriend?

Wishing Upon A Flower

Girlfriend by MyName

Chapter 44 – Boyfriend?

Hyomi’s POV

It was another ordinary day in school. I walked to the school’s field with Ah Neul. We sat on one of the bleachers and began eating the sandwiches we had bought in the cafeteria. It was crowded there so we decided to just eat at a different place just for the day at least.

“Aren’t you supposed to be with your oppas?” Ah Neul asked before biting on her sandwich. I munch on my sandwich and swallowed it before answering.

“Ani, waeyo?” I asked.

“Sehun sunbaenim just came right? Shouldn’t you like be with him more?” She said, shrugging. I pouted my lips and shrugged.

“That’s not my decision,” I said and she smacked me on the arm. “Yah!”

“How’s that not your decision?” She said.

“It’s not my decision because even if I want to, it’s so awkward. Wait. How should I say it,” I said and wondered. She waited for an answer while eating her sandwich. I snapped my fingers after a minute of thinking and looked at her. “You know that the campus knows that Baekhyun oppa’s my boyfriend right?” She nodded. “And so I couldn’t just go around with Sehun oppa. As simple as that,” I replied.

“Why don’t you just tell the whole campus you weren’t together and he’s just your cousin?” Ah Neul said.

“Ask Baekhyun oppa. I don’t know either,” I shrugged.

“You know what, just tell it to the school. Geez, as if. Sehun’s there already. I’m sure he likes you too—“ I covered and shook my head.

“Don’t say that aloud especially when it’s not true!” I said. Luckily there was no one standing near us or else we’re so damned. Her eyebrows furrowed before she pushed my hands away.

“Well, it’s true!” She flailed her hands in front of me.

“No it’s not! It’s just, uhm, one-sided love. He won’t like me back! He’s too handsome and almost perfect for a so imperfect girl like me,” I said and bit my lower lip. Thinking about it, I shouldn’t be sticking too much to him or else my feelings might get deeper but it’s too hard. Eotteokhe?

“One-sided love?” My heart beat stopped for a moment and I literally jumped on my place. The voice is familiar and I could tell who owns the voice. Ah Neul’s eyes rounded and she softly shook my hand. I sat firm, refraining myself to look back not until Ah Neul said.

“Look,” she whispered. Reluctantly, I turned but no one was there. When I turned around though, I met face to face with Sehun oppa that made my heart skip a beat and then go fast. I just hope he didn’t notice how my face flushed so red.

“S-Sehun-ssi,” I said and he frowned.

“Here we go again. How many times—“

“Ok. I got it. Why do I have to call you that anyways, I still don’t get it,” I said putting a hand in front of his face and he smirked.

“That’s because my older than you,” he said and I made face.

“And so? You act younger than me anyway,” I said.

“Yah!” He said and I just laughed.

“You owe me,” he said and before I could talk, he turned to Ah Neul. “Oh, hi! Ah Neul right?” Sehun oppa said.

“Ah, y-ye,” Ah Neul said.

“I’m—“

“Yes, I know,” Ah Neul laughed. “The whole school knows you,” she added.

“Oh,” Sehun oppa said and made a toothy grin.

“Why are you here by the way? Aren’t you supposed to be with the other oppas?” I asked. He pouted and pinched my nose. I heard Ah Neul laugh.

“Are you saying for me to go? Then I would. I’ll go back to America and never show my face—“

“No, I—“ I wasn’t able to talk after as he pinched my cheeks so hard while Ah Neul’s laugh grew louder.

“Aigoo, kyeowo,” she mouthed before smirking.

“That’s my girl,” Sehun oppa said making me blush madly. What did he just say? I’m his what? I blinked, feeling overwhelmed. What the?! Did I just say overwhelmed?!

“Sehun sunbae, I have a question,” Ah Neul said while I rubbed the part Sehun oppa pinched.

“Don't call me sunbae. Just Sehun would be alright," Sehun said and Ah Neul just nodded. "What are you going to ask?” Sehun oppa asked. Ah Neul looked at me before scooting over Sehun and whispering something to his ear. “Uhm,” he said turning to me.

“What?” I asked irritated. They’ve been ganging up on me since a while ago.

“Yeah, she is,” Sehun oppa said and smiled. “Of course—“ He was about to pinch my cheeks but I moved away.

“Enough!” I said and he smirked.

“Oh well. I’ll see you later,” Sehun oppa said messing my hair before standing up and leaving. When he had left, I moved back to where I was sitting, pouting while fixing my hair.

“What did you ask?” I asked.

“It was nothing,” Ah Neul said, standing up, casting a shadow over me. I looked up at her and furrowed my eyebrows.

“Tell me. I have a right to know especially when it’s about me!” I said. She smirked.

“It’s nothing, I promise. You won’t believe it no matter what so why should I tell you?” Ah Neul said and stuck her tongue out.

“What do you mean?” I asked and stood up and she started walking.

“SECRET~” She said and stuck her tongue out. “I won’t tell you anything. Patience is a virtue,” she said. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah right,” I said. She laughed.

“Let’s go before we go late,” she said grabbing my arm and pulling me.

Daehyun’s POV

I walked around the campus since the other five was nowhere to be found. They sent me a message though that they’re at the hiding place since girls kept on chasing them. I was just able to laugh before putting my phone back in my pockets. No one has been chasing me around since they’re too caught up with the other five and EXO.

As I headed to the school field to watch the soccer practice going, something or someone caught my attention. I stopped from my tracks and watched them from there. They were just chatting while eating when Hyomi covered Ah Neul’s mouth. A small smile drew on my lips but quickly went back to my usual face. She’s weird, but I think I’m becoming like her, just a little below her level of being weird. I’m mean, I know but it’s true! I guess.

In a minute, someone had appeared behind her and I noticed how she froze while Ah Neul’s eyes rounded in surprise. It was no other than Sehun. My nose scrunched in an annoyed manner. Why is he so clingy?! Hyomi turned but Sehun had already moved to her side and when she faced, she met face to face with him that made my fist clench. This bastard. Is he hitting on her?! Wait. Why am I being so bothered by it?! Sehun then kept on pinching her on her nose and cheeks until Ah Neul whispered something to him. Sehun attempted to pinch her again but Hyomi already moved away making me smirk. He left a few moments later. Given up? It made me laugh silently before walking away.

This feeling I have in my chest, the feeling I feel whenever I see her around other guys, the feeling I feel when she smiles and laughs because of another guy, is it called jealousy? I felt my pounding chest before my fist clenched again. I then remembered a few words Yongguk hyung told us years before.

“It’s better to give it a try than knowing you’ll regret it later. When she ends up being with a different guy, that’ll be more painful, I tell you.”

As I recalled this though I don’t know why, I remembered another quote, and it’s take it or leave it.

Hyomi’s POV

I dashed to the lockers’ area as I forgot to grab the book for our next class but on my way, I bumped in to someone making me stumble backwards but luckily, I didn’t fall on the floor. Instead, someone grabbed my arm, keeping me stable.

“Thank you,” I said and bowed but immediately looked up as I caught a glimpse of who it was and was surprised.

“Clumsy as ever,” he said and since he was wearing a mask, again, I could picture him with a smirk. I ignored him and walked towards my locker. I entered my combination and it clicked open. “1128, huh?” I looked around my surroundings before glaring at him.

“Shut up,” I said and turned to my locker and grabbed the book I needed before closing it.

“You’re quite fast,” he said and I raised an eyebrow as I turned to him. “I’m getting more curious why you don’t want anyone to go to your house,” he said crossing his arm over his chest. I gulped but remained firm.

“There’s nothing to be curious about. I need to go,” I said and went past him. After a few steps, I heard him mumble.

“Not even a thanks, so like her,” I heard him say. I bit my lip and just shrugged it off before running back to my room.

As soon as I settled down on my seat, the teacher came and started lecturing. Ah Neul leaned over my seat in the middle of the class as the teacher started writing on the board.

“What took you so long?” She asked.

“Later,” I said as the teacher turned.

When the class ended, I let out a sigh. That subject is making me have headache. I puffed my cheeks when Jongup leaned over.

“You ok?” He asked.

“Ah, yeah,” I let out a small smile. He slowly nodded before leaning back on his seat.

“I have a question,” he said.

“What?” I asked.

“What’s that Sehun’s relationship to you?” He asked.

“Yah, he’s your sunbae!” Ah Neul said but Jongup just ignored her.

“He’s,” I said and gave Ah Neul a look and she just shrug.

“Is he your boyfriend?” He asked making me surprised.

“What?! No! You know my boyfriend is B-Baekhyun oppa, right?” I said and he smirked.

“Yeah,” he said. I nervously smiled.

“Stop interrogating her, ok?” Ah Neul said, snickering. “Tell me already. It seems interesting,” she said turning to me and I know what she meant. Jongup just rolled his eyes and mumbled some words.

“I bumped into Mr. Arrogant and you know, the usual bickering,” I said.

“Hyung?” Jongup asked and I nodded. He softly laughed. “You two won’t ever stop, eh?” He said and I smirked.

“Let’s make it that way,” I said then he mumbled something while nodding. I didn’t bother to ask since it may not be my business. Ah Neul nodded though she wore a teasing face.

“I’m sensing a love triangle,” she said, smirking.

“Love triangle?” I asked and she shrugged.

“Actually,” Ah Neul said and her eyes wandered around and I followed where she looked and found that she was looking at Jongup. Jongup looked back at her and that’s when I got confused.

“Actually what?” I asked when the teacher came and silenced us.

“Actually our teacher’s there,” she smiled before facing in front. I looked at Jongup and he shrugged before grabbing his things for the class. I look in front and heaved. I’m sure they’re hiding something from me but what?

_

This chapter is short but I hope you enjoyed it. Daehyun is about to realize how he felt for Hyomi. Kekeke~ I need to do some progress on those two. :)

I'll try to update again later. ^^

Who have heard SJ's y, Free & Single album?! OMG. It's daebak! Listen to it! :)