Search

Wishing Upon A Flower

The Reason by SHINee

 


Chapter 9 – Search

Hyomi’s POV

When the school bell rang for recess, I tiredly put my things in my bag then heaved out a sigh. Jongup leaned over to my seat and I could feel his breathing on my skin as he talk making me unconsciously shudder.

“You ok?” He asked.

“Yah, Jongup, she’s not in the mood.” Ah Neul said and I released a small smile.

“I’m not doing anything.” Jongup said and we could see his eyebrows furrow, obviously pouting.

“It’s ok. I’m just tired, that’s all.” I said and I was surprised when Jongup touched my forehead with the back of his hand then touch his too.

“You’re not that hot but you look pale.” He said concerned.

“I’m ok. Maybe I just need some air. I’ll go for a walk first.” I said standing up and walking out the door.

“Wait! I’ll come with you!” Ah Neul shouted and caught up with me. I released a small smile but it slowly faded as I let out a sigh. She looked concernly at me.

“Do you want time alone?” She asked and I thought for a while. I need someone but a side of me wanted to have some time to think alone.

“Sorry but if it’s ok. I just need some time to think.” I said and she smiled holding my hands.

“Of course it’s ok! If it’s what you want. Just promise me you won’t do anything stupid, uh?” She said and I nodded, assuring her with a smile.

“Thanks.” I said and she nodded before leaving.

As soon as she was out of sight, I looked down again and sighed. Since I was looking down, I have bumped into some students and they shout at me. I just bowed at them. I don’t know where to go so I just let my feet lead me anywhere. I just want a quiet place right now.

Not long after, my feet lead to a room at the top floor. I looked up at the sign and it read “Dance Room”. I peeked in but there were no people inside so I walked in and wandered. It was spacious with glass on three walls. It also looked old and had not been used for some months or years. I decided to sit at a corner and hugged my knees.

It has just been less than two weeks since I went to this school but many things had happened. Knowing my cousin is a kingka, one of my classmates is wearing a mask and his friends too, having queenkas who were such es, and schoolmates who are so mean. I didn’t know this is how my school life will be since I could still remember how I thought that this school year will be interesting and fun for me. I guess I was so wrong about it. It was too late for me to stop the tears because it had fallen without my consent. I leaned my head on my knees, covering my tear-stained face.

Back in Busan, I was friends with boys who you can say popular like EXO oppas and BAP but there were no queenkas at all. Some says they’re jealous since I’m so close with them but never would they say hurtful words to me, verbally or physically abusing me. We don’t actually give the popular students in our school special treatments and that’s why maybe I’m also like that towards EXO oppas and BAP. They’re also students right? We go to school to study and not fangirl or what. But why is it so different here? I don’t get it or at least most of it.

“I don’t plan on stealing your oppas so don’t worry.”  I want to say this badly to them but I can’t seem to pull the words out my lips and I hate myself for that reason.

When all this is happening, I feel like going back to Busan. I think it would be better if I live alone at least I don’t have to go through this. Life would be much better since I can freely choose who to be friends with without anyone saying they’re theirs. There, I could go eat with my friends without anyone throwing deathly glares at me. There, I can be carefree because no one would even care but here, it’s as if they’re watching waiting for you to make one mistake and they’ll make you feel worst.

I’m happy I have EXO oppas, Jongup, and Ah Neul who stands for me when queenkas and other students tries hurting me and I’m greatly thankful for that but knowing myself, I hate being a burden to anyone. Since I had a mind of my own, I don’t rely on my parents on all things. If I know I could do it, I would do it by myself and won’t ask help unless I need it. I grew up with such mindset.

Maybe I should just go back to Busan. Our family house is still there anyway and it hasn’t been long since I left so for sure, it’s still not that dirty. I’m also sure that my friends would be there to welcome me since we often exchange calls or texts whenever we have time and they tell me to go back or visit. I’m also sure the queenkas or the whole campus would be happy too since I’ll not be interferring them when I really don’t. It’s how they think I am at least; a hindrance that they want to disappear. I sighed with all the thoughts. My head was aching and I feel dizzy because of crying. I just can’t help myself not to cry. I feel much better though. I’m just uncertain of what would happen when I stepped out this room. Yeah. More bullying and shame. Sigh.     

Daehyun’s POV

When recess came, as usual, I left the room with Youngjae and walked to our meeting place. While walking though, we passed by some EXO members and for the first time, they didn’t even glare at us or look at us but they just walked past us. They looked as if they were looking for someone but as if I care. I don’t want to meddle in their business because that’s just how I am. We reached our meeting place and found them doing their own stuffs but on one area.

“Yah. Jongupie hyung, share some!” Zelo whined as he tried to steal the bag of chips from Jongup who held it far from him. They’re maknaes so it’s not surprising, right?

“These childish guys, aish.” Yongguk hyung hissed. Himchan hyung just smirked.

“We saw the EXO guys scattered everywhere. You know anything about it?” Youngjae asked as he swiftly stole the bag of chips from Jongup and passed it to Zelo who stuck his tongue out like a kid at Jongup who whined. “Share.” Youngjae said sternly and Jongup groaned.

“Yeah fine.” He said and Zelo smirked.

“Their princess is missing that’s why.” Yongguk replied that caught all our attention which is unlikely. I’m surprised that even my attention was caught by what hyung said. Yongguk looked at them surprised. “Whoah. Don’t tell me you also care about that?” He said. I gulped and looked away as if I’m uninterested.

“I care because I’m her friend.” Jongup simply answered and my eyebrows furrowed for a moment. Is he serious about her? I’m just concerned as a friend and nothing more.

“Friend or lover?” Zelo teased and Jongup punched him lightly on the arm.

“Who cares?” Jongup smirked.

“Us.” Yongguk hyung said and Jongup turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

“And why? I mean, I know you care about me but I’m sure that we didn’t agree about not having friends right?” Jongup said and all of us fell silent. We know he’s right but it’s not what our point is.

“The girl will be in danger if they knew about her. You should know that Jongup.” Yongguk hyung said sternly and Jongup stood up from his seat, obviously angry.

“I’ll leave now. This conversation won’t lead to anything good.” He said and before we could say anything, he had walked away. “I hate this.” We heard him say and Yongguk hyung sighed.

“He’s changed.” Zelo said as he watched Jongup walk away. “Is the girl a good influence or what?” He added.

“I think she has nothing to do with this. I think Jongup’s just getting tired about all that is happening. Don’t you guys think we should be more carefree since we’re just, well, teenagers?” Youngjae shrugged leaving us speechless because that's something we couldn't argue about. All we could say is that it's different now. Different.

“Ok. Let’s stop all these. Let’s just leave him. I’m sure he’ll realize what we’re trying to point out to him.” Himchan hyung said. Sometimes he’s such a great help, especially during these times. He shows that he’s a hyung too and not the playboy everyone thinks of him. I looked at where Jongup left and thought what Youngjae had just said. He’s right. We should be much more carefree but how?

Jongup’s POV

I sighed as I finally reached inside the school building. I didn’t mean to say those things. I just can’t hold it in. I didn’t say that without basis. We didn’t agree about avoiding having friends or what. But thinking of it, they’re also right. I’m going to get Hyomi in danger but I like her so much as a friend. I’m being selfish, ain’t I? Urg. I’m so confused right now. Suddenly, the bell rang signalling the end of recess. I quickly ran back to our room remembering that Hyomi was missing but I’m sure she said she would just take a walk right? But what if she fainted because she didn’t look that well this morning? Aish.

I reached back my room in no time and the first thing I did was to look at Hyomi’s chair to see if she has arrived. But no. There was no sign of her around the room. Sh*t. I was about to walk away when our teacher came.

“Mr. Jongup, class’ about to start so get in now.” He said in his stern voice and I sighed in defeat. I looked one more time around the corridor before walking in and sitting on my seat. Hyomi, where are you?

Hyomi’s POV

I woke up when something hit my face. I groaned feeling my eyes hurt. I looked around to see if who threw the paper but no one was there so I just shrugged rubbing my eyes. From the window, I saw that the sun’s about to set and my eyes widened. I turned to my wrist watch and found that it was fifteen minutes past our dismissal time. I stood up but felt something on my shoulder. I found a blazer around over my back to my shoulder. To be specific, a blazer of a guy student in our school. I was surprised but more curious on who this person was. Also, why didn’t he wake me up? Urg. There’s no time for this. I need to get back to the classroom. I’m sure Baekhyun oppa is so worried now. Aish. Pabo, Yoo Hyomi, pabo.

I ran down the stairs and found my way to my classroom. When I reached my room, I found Jongup and Ah Neul by the doorway that made me bite my lower lip.

“Where’s that girl? It’s already fifteen minutes since school ended!” I heard Jongup said.

“I should’ve come with her a while ago. Aish. So stupid.” Ah Neul said and I felt guilt. I didn’t mean to worry them. I breathe in to get some courage before walking towards them.

“Uhm… Hi?” I said and they looked up at me. Ah Neul quickly hugged me that took me off-guard.

“Where have you been? Are you alright? We’ve been looking for you!” Ah Neul said and as she let go from the hug, I could see tears on her eyes.

“I’m so sorry.” I kept on bowing.

“Do you know how much you made us all worry?” Jongup said and I just looked down.

“Sorry.” I said. I heard him sigh.

“Are you ok?” He asked as he examined my face. “You cried.” He said.

“N-No. I just woke up that’s why my eyes are like these.” I said as I squint my eyes.

“Yeah right. As if I’ll believe you.” He sarcastically said. I just didn’t talk back.

“EXO had been looking around for you!” Ah Neul said and with how she said that, I knew she was still trying to keep our secret.

“Ah. . Yeah. Sorry. I’m so sorry Ah Neul, Jongup! I’ll make it up to you two but I need to go now.” I said as I dashed in my room and stuff my things in my bag and ran outside. “I’ll see you tomorrow! Bye! And sorry again!” I shouted waving at them as I struggle to put my bag on my shoulders.

I ran down to the school’s receiving area and found almost all the EXO oppas waiting. Only Luhan, Chanyeol, Minseok, Baekhyun and Kai oppa were not there. I skid to a stop as soon as I was a meter away from them. I could see worry on their faces and it made me feel so bad. Before I could say something, Tao oppa had noticed me.

“She’s here!” He shouted and they all run to me.

“Where were you?!”

“Are you alright?!”

“We’ve been looking for you!” They kept on saying and I don’t know what to say nor to do but to look down and apologize.

“I’m sorry. I fell asleep somewhere.” I said and their faces fell.

“Bwoh?! Where did you sleep that we didn't even see you? We've toured the whole school looking for you!” Jongdae oppa asked.

“Somewhere.” I said in a low voice. I didn’t want to tell them since I would consider it as my place from this day on.

“It doesn’t matter but why the heck won’t you answer your phone?” Kris oppa asked.

“Sorry. I left it in the room.” I said looking down and they sighed.

“Ok. We won’t ask more. We’ll call the others back.” Suho oppa said and as he grabbed his phone. Does that mean the one’s missing were looking for me? Ah. Hyomi, you’re so stupid, stupid, stupid. Soon, the five people who left came back and Baekhyun oppa instantly hugged me.

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!” He practically shouted as he was hugging me and honestly, my eardrums hurt.

“S-Sorry.” I stuttered. I don’t know what else to say than sorry but right now, that’s what I’m sure I need to say to them. He let go and I was shocked to see his eyes watery.

“We’ve been looking around for you! Where have you gone too?” Luhan oppa asked worry is written all over his face.

“She said she fell asleep somewhere.” Kyungsoo oppa said. I bit my lower lip as I looked down.

“I’m so so sorry! I didn’t mean too!” I said as I bowed multiple times to them.

“Stop it now. You’re tiring yourself.” Chanyeol oppa said and when I looked up at him, Kai was intently looking at me but with soft eyes.

“This is enough for the day. Let’s all go home now.” Kris oppa said. “And you, Yoo Hyomi, have explaining to do tomorrow and don’t try not eating with us tomorrow, ok?” Kris oppa said and I was frightened with his voice that I just nodded.

“Neh, I would. I’m sorry.” I bowed again.

“You don’t look well so you should take a rest.” Suho oppa said tapping me on the shoulder as they one by one left. I bowed as they left and when all of them had walked away, Baekhyun oppa looked at me and obviously he was angry.

“Let’s go.” He said and I nodded looking down. This is so much for a day.

No One’s POV

The day ended and she felt so bad worrying many people but what she didn’t know was eighteen people actually waited and got worried for her without or with them knowing.


Update! Whew. I've finished this yesterday and typed the next chapter so for not updating yesterday, I'll update the next chapter maybe later at night. Please wait for it! :)
 

Who are those eighteen people? ;) I'm sure you guys know it. :)) They're starting to show concern and intrest on Hyomi. Ahaha. (ok. I'm weird right? -_-")

He's so adorable. :")

I just want to share this. Ahaha. Lay oppa seems to have his own world always. :))