Sticky Situation

Wishing Upon A Flower

Jeom Jeom Jeom by Boyfriend


Chapter 18 – Sticky Situation

Another day has started. It’s a Monday and so, Hyomi trduged her way to school with her oppa. She was tired because they went home at midnight already plus, she was thinking what to do for that four-day vacation since she already has promised to Jongup and at the same time, EXO wanted a vacation too on the same days. She only slept for three hours because of it.

It’s hard because she knows those two groups might not get along well even though it was perfectly fine for her to go with them both. As soon as she got in the school and to her classroom, Ah Neul had noticed her troubled façade.

Hyomi’s POV

I got in my classroom, walked to my seat, and sit. I sighed out loud, putting my head down on my arms on my desk. I’m so damn tired. My sleepiness even added to it.

“Are you ok, Hyomi?” Ah Neul asked as she peeked through my arms. I faced her, my head still on my arms and I let out another round of a loud sigh.

“No, Ah Neul, I’m so dying.” I said and she raised an eyebrow at me.

“Aren’t you overreacting?” She chuckled but I pouted making her stop. “Ok, tell me. What happened? I heard your oppas won and the BAP too. Why are you sad then?” She asked propping her arm on the table and putting her hand on top of her palm and looked at me, face demanding an answer. I looked around before grabbing her hand and dragging her out the room. I ran towards the rooftop, pulling her with me. I let go of her hand upon we reached the rooftop.

“Wait.” I said as I checked if there are people besides us and luckily, there was none so I came back to Ah Neul who I’m sure is bewildered by my actions. “Sorry. I can’t say it in the room because someone might you know hear it.” I said and she nodded understanding.

“So, what are you going to say?” She asked as we looked over the railings down at the school field.

“It’s like this. I had a promise with the EXO oppas and when I break it, they’ll ask anything from me.” I begun, making sure my voice isn’t to loud nor to low. I still need to be careful in case anyone came and eavesdrop.

“Then you lost?” She said and I groaned. I slowly nodded. She laughed. “Why did you agree when you know you would loose? Or you didn’t?” She said while laughing.

“I know. I’m too confident that time.” I said pouting.

“And then what happened? What did they ask?” She said.

“A vacation.” I said and her face lit.

“REALLY?! That’s great!” She said.

“No.” I said and she gave me a queer look.

“Why not? That would be fun. After three days of exams, that would be ideal!” She said and I sighed, leaning on the railings, gazing down at the empty field.

“BAP’s tagging along.” I said and it went silent. I looked at her and her eyes were wide as well as was open.

“Are you joking?” She said and I shook my head.

“Jongup asked for a price from me when they win and I didn’t have a choice but to agree.” I said, sighing.

“Why? It’s your choice.” She said.

“I know but I owe him, remember?” I said and she nodded. I sighed. “I also know how he worked hard for that contest. He even told me he did it for the price.” I said and Ah Neul smirked.

“That Jongup, asking whatever he likes.” She said. I sighed again. “Then what are you going to do?”

“That I don’t know.” I said.

“Who asked first?” She asked.

“Jongup.” I said and she nodded.

“That’s hard. Didn’t you tell Baekhyun-ssi about it yet?” She said and I nodded.

“I don’t know how I would tell him about it. He wouldn’t allow me for sure and I don’t want to make Jongup disappointed either. Since I entered this school, he had been so nice to me.” I said. Ah Neul tapped her chin thinking.

“Just let them go with you. Whether they like it or not. They should already be thankful since you agreed with them. Maybe it would also be a way for them to fix everything between them.” Ah Neul said making me turn to her. A wide smile crept on my face and I hugged her.

“You’re a genius Ah Neul! A genius!” I said hugging her. “KOMAWO!” She chuckled.

“It’s ok. What kind of friend am I if I didn’t know anything to help you right?” She said and I smiled.

“Thank you and as a thank you gift,” I said grinning.

“What?” She asked blinking.

“You’re coming!” I said and her eyes widened.

“WHAT?!” She said and I smiled. The bell rang saving me from saying another word.

“Let’s go. Mr. Cha would put us in detention if we’re late.” I said grabbing her arm and dragging her again back to our classroom.

Now, thinking of it, this would be fun though it might be little chaotic when they found out they would have to be together for four days but they have to bear with it. Anyway, they’re the one who wanted a vacation. I couldn’t possibly cut myself in half so that the other would come with the other. So yeah, this would be a rollercoaster ride.

No One’s POV

The three days of monthly exam went by so fast. Hyomi had spoke to Baekhyun’s mother one morning when she woke up early than anyone else and decided to help with breakfast.

She told her about the vacation and Baekhyun’s mom agreed fast saying she should use it to go back to Busan and spend some time there with her oppas. Hyomi told her too about the rivalry between EXO and BAP even though she didn’t want Baekhyun’s mom to know about it because Baekhyun might get mad but she was glad his mom took it as some normal fight that would be fixed through some talk. She told her that she made a good decision and she felt relieved for it.

Now, it was six in the morning of Friday. Baekhyun and Hyomi with Ah Neul who was so embarrassed living under one roof for a night with their school’s kingka already finished packing and everything. Hyomi asked permission from her aunt and uncle if Ah Neul could stay over the night before since they would be leaving early in the morning and she was happy they allowed her.

Ah Neul, Baekhyun and the other guys were earger to visit Hyomi’s hometown. Hyomi’s family house’s pretty big. It wasn’t already surprising since she grew up getting all she needs and all she wants if only she was a brat.

Suddenly, they heard their doorbell ring and they were sure it was Suho since he offered their van for the vacation. Of course, since they couldn’t drive yet for they don’t know how, they have a driver which was taken care of Suho as well.

“Omma! We’re leaving!” Baekhyun shouted from the living room. His mom and dad went out the living room.

“Ok. Take care, ok? Don’t make Hyomi stressed over your childishness, eo?” Her mom said and Baekhyun groaned.

“I’m not childish, mom.” He said and Hyomi chuckled. Ah Neul just stood beside Hyomi, looking down.

“It’s ok, auntie. I’ll take care of the kids.” Hyomi said and Bakehyun shot her a glare. “Just joking.” Hyomi said and they heard another ring from the door bell.

“Gotta go now.” Baekhyun said. Hyomi and Baekhyunkissed them on the cheeks while Ah Neul bowed to them before they walked out the house.

“Oh, hi auntie and uncle!” The ten guys greeted and Mr. and Mrs. Byun smiled and greeted them back.

“Don’t be pain in the neck for Hyomi, ok? Take care and have fun!” Mrs. Byun reminded them and they nodded smiling.

“We will ahjumonni!” They said and Baekhyun and Hyomi and Ah Neul who felt so nervous got in the long van. They waved bye before the drove off.

Hyomi’s POV

I was surprised when it was so cramped inside the van. Not because we were many but because they bought quite a lot of things. I sat between Ah Neul and Luhan oppa while Baekhyun oppa  was beside Ah Neul at the middle seats. The one who sat in front was the driver and Suho oppa who sat on the passenger’s seat. The first row of seats was where Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Lay and Kai oppa sat. The next row is where I sat with Luhan, Ah Neul, and Baekhyun oppa. The last row is where Minseok, Chanyeol, Kris, and Tao oppa sat. The things were at the trunk but since it was too much, we have to bring it with us on our seats.

“Oppas, did you bring your house with you?” I joked and they chuckled.

“Fashionista Kyungsoo brought his whole wardrobe with him that’s why.” Luhan oppa said and Kyungsoo oppa glared at him.

“I barely brought anything!” Kyungsoo oppa said and everyone laughed. We dismissed the topic and I took the chance to introduce Ah Neul who was quiet from the start.

“Oppa, this is my best friend, Ah Neul. I hope you don’t mind I brought her with us since you know, it’ll be awkward if I’m the only girl there.” I said. They smiled and nodded.

“It’s ok. Luhan’s also there to add to your group.” Luhan oppa glared at Minseok oppa and we laughed.

“Says the little bun.” Luhan oppa rolled his eyes.

“Should we introduce ourselves?” Suho oppa said and Ah Neul shook her head.

“It’s ok. It’s as if you guys are not popular.” Ah Neul shyly said and the guys chuckled.

“But a formal introduction is better.” Kris oppa said making Ah Neul look at me. I gave her an assuring smile.

“Then I’ll start!” Chanyeol oppa said who sat at the back. The introduction went on until the last person, which is Kai.

“My names Jongin but call me Kai.” He said. I noticed Ah Neul blushed and I silently chuckled to myself. Now I know who’s her crush since she never told me saying it’s not that important. It turned quiet after until Tao oppa peered over our seats and since he was just sitting behind me, I could feel his breathing as he spoke.

“Where are we going when we get there, Hyomi-ah?” He asked. I thought. There are many places we could go there over the four days.

“Nampodong Street?” I said.

“Oh! You mean theater place?” Jongdae oppa said. I nodded.

“We could watch some movies and play at the arcades there. It’s also fun just going around there.” I said and they nodded.

“Let’s do that on one of the days.” Kris oppa said.

“We could also go for a swim. There are many beautiful beaches there. Songdeong Beach would be fine.” I said and they nodded, all giddy.

“Omo. I can’t wait!” Chanyeol oppa said.

“Hyomi-ah, let’s visit your school too.” Suho oppa said looking back to us.

“School? There’s nothing interesting to see there, I mean, for you guys. Yeah.” I said out of words.

“That would be fun. We could meet your friends. They don’t know you’re coming home right?” Kai oppa said looking back. I nodded. I didn’t tell my best friends because well I want to surprise them but I don’t know the oppas would want to come.

“Sure. If you guys insist.” I said and the cheered. All through out the ride, we were playing, singing, and all the things we could do to make the three and a half ride fun.

I wonder though what happened to Jongup and the other guys. I had told him the address to my house there and told him we would just meet there since I have to go there first so I could fix everything though the truth is, I’m riding with the EXO oppas going there. I felt guilty but if I say the truth, he might go hyseterical or something. I just hope we’ll all just have fun.

Daehyun’s POV

“Are you sure of this, Jongup?” Himchan hyung asked as we waited for the subway train to arrive. Jongup smiled and nodded.

“I’ve got everything ready.” He said and I groaned. I don’t want to come but I don’t have any choice. They dragged me all the way here.

“Hyung, you’re from Busan right? Tour us around!” Zelo said and I shove him away.

“No. I don’t even want to come. Aish.” I groaned.

“Don’t you—Ah right.” Youngjae said. I sighed.

“You said you’ve moved on, right?” Yongguk hyung said and I shot him a look. I couldn’t argue with that since I told them many times I did. I nodded, reluctantly. Jongup slung an arm over my shoulder and smiled.

“Let’s go there and build good memories. That way, you wouldn’t just remember sad memories when you think of your hometown.” He said and that made me soften. Is it that easy? It took me years to forget about that memory on that placce and until now, I can’t forget it. It still holds a big part of my life. Just then, the train came and as they all got in, I stoodb by the entrance thinking if I should come or not but they gave me warm smiles.

“Let’s go?” Yongguk hyung said and I faintly smiled behind my mask and got in, just time when the doors slid close. They smiled. Zelo put a hand on my shoulder and smiled widely.

“That’s the hyung I know!” He said and I can’t help but smile. We looked for seats then settled down.  

No One’s POV

The ride finished after three hours and half an hour and they halted in front of Hyomi’s house. Hyomi was the one who first woke up. She looked out the window and a smile made through her lips.

“We’re here!” She said waking up the other oppas. Kai, who was sitting next to the door, opened it and stepped out, surprised when he saw the big house in front of him.

“Are you serious?! This is your house?!” Kai said. The other guys went down and was also surprised. It was a big house, the exterior was modernized. It also didn’t look as if it has been unoccupied for almost two months but it was cleaned before they got there since Baekhyun’s mom contacted a very close family friend of theirs who leaves nearby.

“Wow, you got a big house Hyomi.” Minseok said who had just woken up and got down the van. Hyomi smiled and shrugged. Baekhyun stood beside her and gave her a pat on the shoulder.

“Uljjima, eo?” He said and Hyomi nodded smiling. She was happy Baekhyun was there to comfort her. She got the keys and unlocked the padlock to the gate before opening the gate itself after inserting another key.

They all went in and that when they realized that it was bigger than how it looked like when they were outside since all they could see was the big house and the front yard. Walked their way to the house’s main door, they passed by the mini garden that has a small fountain as its main attraction. Hyomi opened the front door before twisted the doorknob open.

“You guys go in first.” Hyomi said.

“Aniyo, ladies first!” The guys said. Hyomi and Ah Neul looked at each other and shrugged. Hyomi, knowing her oppas would just be insisting, went in first, switching the lights on. She felt tears on her eyes as memories played in her mind.

How she shouts ‘I’m home’ when she comes from home from school and her mom welcomes her since her dad always goes home late because of work. How they bond at the living room during their free time. How she eats dinner with her dad and mom. Everything just flashed through mind making a tear slid down her left eyes. She quickly wiped it away before facing her other oppas and Ah Neul.

“Welcome to my house!” She cheerfully said and the guys smiled.

“Wa. You sure have a big house Hyomi. You didn’t tell us.” Lay said as they looked around the spacious living room, connected to the dining room.

“You never asked.” Hyomi said, chuckling. “Let’s go up. I’ll show you your rooms.” Hyomi said and everyone nodded, getting their things in the van.

They went back in the house after getting their things and Hyomi lead them up to the second floor. She asked if it’s ok that two people would sleep in one room and everyone agreed. They team grouped themselves and since Baekhyun have his own room there since it has been his second home, he said he’ll just sleep alone without any choice. Hyomi said that Ah Neul would just share her room with her so that they could also bond more since they don’t have time in school or in weekends. They separated for a while to fix their things.

Hyomi’s POV

I went in my room and a smile crept on my lips as I jumped on my bed.

“You sure are happy, eo?” Ah Neul said smiling as she put her things down beside the door. I nodded smiling.

“I’ve never been here for a long time and the memories, it makes me wanna cry.” I confessed with a small smile. Ah Neul hugged me as she patted my back.

“Let’s make good memories here, ok?” Ah Neul said as we both moved away and I nodded, wiping the tears that fell from my eyes.

“Let’s start arranging our things.” I said and she nodded. There were still a few clothes left in my walk-closet so I fixed it first and then gave Ah Neul some space and we piled our clothes in. “So, you like Kai oppa?” I asked as I put my clothes inside my closet.

“W-What? No!” She said but her blushing cheeks said otherwise. I laughed.

“There’s no point of denying Ah Neul. It’s too obvious. You should’ve told me so I introduced you to him a long time ago.” I said and she shook her head.

“I’m no one in school for him to even notice.” She said and I softly smack her on the shoulder making her look at me.

“You’re not no one, ok?” I said and she smiled as she shrugged. “We’re here to have fun so you shouldn’t be thinking like that. No one knows we’re here with them anyway. Just act yourself, ok?” I said and she shrugged again. “Aish, this girl.” I said. She just smiled.

“So, where’s the BAP?” She asked and I felt my heart beat fast.

“Right. Where are they?” I said and I brought out my phone to text Jongup when I heard the door bell ring just when I found a text message on my phone.

"We're near! -Jongup" My eyes widen.

“IT’S THEM!!!” I shouted running out the walk-in closet then the room with Ah Neul running behind me.

“I’ll get it!” Lay oppa shouted and my eyes widened in horror.

“NO!” But I was too late, Lay oppa and the BAP guys stared at each other in surprise. I mentally faced palmed myself. The other EXO oppas came out and was surprised too.

“Welcome home?”


Oh, I feel some drama and rivalry? Kekeke.