Sigh

Wishing Upon A Flower

Super Sonic by B1A4

 


Chapter 3 – Sigh

Hyomi’s POV

Three and a half hour passed by and the bell rang for dismissal. We bid bye to our teacher and fixed our things. Students were slowly piling out the classroom until Jong Up, Ah Neul, and I were the only ones left.

“Who are you going home with?” She asked.

“Probably with oppa.” I said and she nodded.

“I’ll get going then! See you tomorrow!” She said and I nodded as I waved to her as she ran out the room. The atmosphere was awkward since it’s only the two of us left so I hurriedly fixed my things but before I could leave my place, Jong Up approached me handing me a bandage. I looked at it then to him.

“What is it for?” I asked.

“I know you got a bruise a while ago. I’m sorry for it. I know I’m to be blame for your wound.” He said as he pushed the bandage to my hand. It was sudden but I nodded and bowed to him. I should get going before Baekhyun oppa or any of his friends see us talking because I know I wouldn’t like it when they do.

“Thank you.” I said as I got my things up and turned to leave but he held my wrist.

“Sorry but can I ask you something?” He said and I reluctantly nodded. “Are you Baekhyun-sunbaenim’s girlfriend?” He asked and I nodded even though I want to shake my head. “Oh, ok.” He said as he let go of my wrist.

“I’ll get going then.” I said bowing to him before I ran out the classroom. I looked back to him who was currently getting his things and sighed. “Why is oppa telling me to get away from him when he’s so nice and all?” I thought.  

“Hey.” I turned to see Baekhyun with the rest of his friends following him. The students who were currently around turned to us but when the guys looked at them, they scurried away.

“Hi.” I bowed to them with a smile and waved. Just then, Jong Up went out the classroom and they all looked at him with piercing eyes. Jong Up turned to them but quickly shifted his gaze at me then smiled.

“Annyeong Hyomi-ah.” He said and I nodded bowing. He then left and the guys gave me a queer look.

“Didn’t I tell you—“

“He’s just being nice. Let’s go.” I said grabbing his arm.

We got out the school’s premises in no time. Baekhyun oppa pulled me to a stop and looked at me seriously on the eyes.

“Didn’t I already tell you to avoid him?” He said and I sighed.

“How do you think can I avoid my classmate?” I said.

“Don’t talk to him! Ignore him!” Baekhyun oppa said and it made me a little angry inside. I didn’t like how he is acting right now.

“Let’s go home. I’m tired.” I said bluntly.

“Sorry if you had to go through this Hyomi.” Joon Myun oppa said and I let out a small smile.

“I understand.” I said but glared at Baekhyun oppa.

“We’ll leave you two then. See you tomorrow!” Kyungsoo oppa said waving to us. I waved back as they all leave. As soon as they were out of sight, I rolled my eyes and left Baekhyun oppa behind as I walked to the bus stop.

“Yah.” Baekhyun oppa called.

“Don’t talk to me. I’m not in the mood.” I said.

“Are you mad?” He asked and I didn’t reply as I continued to walk. “C’mon. I’m doing this for you.” He said that made me gasp. Doing it for me? Does he think that picking who I should be friends with is doing something for me? I just ignored him as I hurried to the bus stop. I heard him sigh.

We reached the bus stop in less than ten minutes and waited for our bus to arrive. I was surprised to see the Daehyun guy standing there as well. He glanced at me but quickly looked away. I looked at Baekhyun oppa but he just whistled. I sighed. I shook my head as I got my earphones out and stuck it in my ears. It was when Baekhyun oppa got the earphone at my right ear that made me glare at him.

“Can’t you share an earphone with your boyfriend?” He said that made me gasp.

“B—“ I stopped as I remembered we’re in a middle of pretending to be in a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship and since a schoolmate of ours is here, we had to pretend.

“Of course not.” I faked a laugh and he just smiled. I noticed him scoff at Daehyun-sunbaenim until he faced in front. “You’re so childish oppa.” I whispered to him and he averted his gaze to me but quickly looked away crossing his arm over his chest.

“And so what?” He said and I rolled my eyes. I don’t like how he’s acting but I guess that’s how he really is.

A few minutes after, the bus came, we got in and sat on the farthest seat. I sat by the window while Baekhyun oppa sat beside me. We still have the earphones in our ears. I looked out the window and found Daehyun-sunbaenim sit on the steel seats as those who had sat there got in the bus. Suddenly, we met eyes again that made my heart skip a beat with no definite reason. “What is happening to me?”  I shrugged the thought away as I looked away and closed my eyes and lean on the chair. Suddenly, I felt my head being pushed down until it landed on a firm shoulder, and I know its Baekhyun oppa.

Daehyun’s POV

I stood by the bus stop waiting for my bus to arrive until I noticed Baekhyun and the dim-wit girl come. I glanced at them and met eyes with the dim-wit girl. It was until Baekhyun noticed and he glared at me that I looked away. As soon as I felt no gaze at me, I turned to look at them again. Baekhyun stole one of the earphones of his girlfriend which made the girl look at her.

“Can’t you share your earphones with your boyfriend?” Baekhyun said that almost made me puke. I never had seen him act this cute with the girlfriends he had in school.

“Of course not.” The dim-wit said. I smirked. I wonder until when this would continue until I see you, dim-wit girl, cry like how the other girls he had ended up.

A few minutes after, the bus I was waiting came but when I noticed them get in, I decided to just wait for the next bus which will be around after half an hour. I sighed as I sat down. Why do I have to give way always? Aish. I watched as they sat down next to each other at the back seats. It was until I met eyes with her again. No one broke the contact at first until she looked away and leaned on the chair as she closed her eyes. A smirk reached my lips as I watched her. As the bus moved and passed, I saw Baekhyun lean his girlfriend’s head on his shoulder. Looking at it, Baekhyun seems to be different to what he is before she even came. I’m sure something’s different from that girl that makes him act like that and I have to find it out.

Baekhyun’s POV

I softly shook Hyomi awake as we reached our stop. She rubbed her eyes as she looked around.

“We’re here.” I said and she nodded. She grabbed her bag and stood up. I followed her after.

I’m sure she’s still mad since she isn’t being talkative like how she usually is. I sighed as we got down the bus and walk our way to the house. I caught up with her like always and thought of a way to make her forgive me. I’m sure she’s mad because I’m telling her not to be friends with some people but I’m doing it for her own safety, right? I sighed and poke her on the shoulder.

“Are you still mad at me?” I asked and she didn’t respond. “C’mon. I’m sorry, ok? I’m just doing this for your—“

“My own good? Do you think it’s for my own good oppa? I need to let other people feel as if they have some sort of disease that I have to avoid them?” She said as we both stopped from walking and she turned to me with annoyance.

“You don’t understand. They—“

“Then let me understand it.” She said. “Tell me the reason why I have to avoid them, and maybe in that way, I would obey you.” She said. I opened my mouth to talk but nothing came out. I sighed as I looked down.

“Let’s…just go home. I’ll explain it there.” I said and she also sighed as we continued to walk. As soon as we reached home, I got out my keys and opened the door, and as it clicked open, we went in. No one’s inside since my parents left for work and would be back by ten in the evening. I put my bag down on the couch but Hyomi went straight up to her room. I let out another sigh as I sat down. How should I tell you that you’ll be in danger if you come with them?

Flashback

I was walking to the bus stop right after our dance practice at eight o’clock in the evening when I saw B.A.P. running. It was the first time I met them, and I knew they were in great danger. They barely noticed me as they dashed to an alley. Six guys in their late thirty’s came and I gasped. Are they chasing them, but why? I was about to leave when one of them noticed me and called my attention.

“Yah, you, did you see six guys pass here?” He said and I hesitated but shook my head.

“Sorry but I haven’t.” I said and they looked at me intently.

“Are you sure? You know boy, those guys are thieves so if you have seen them, tell us.” He said in a calm way as he had his hand on my shoulder. I didn’t know what to do since I was still young by then. I shook my head once again as I know I’m already turning pale because of fear.

“I really didn’t see them. Sorry.” I bowed and they hissed.

“If we found out you’re lying, you’re…” One of the guys ran his thumb on his neck and they smirked as they left. “Where could those bastards go?” One of them hissed. I felt shiver run down my spine as I watched them. I gulped as I shook my head and ran away to the bus stop before I encounter them again because I might not be able to get away by then.

Weeks after, the school started and it was then that I knew that they’re going to our school because Daehyun became my classmate. They were wearing a mask though but I don’t know why at first until I remembered the thugs who were chasing them. We met eyes for a split second until he looked away. It was then I knew I need to avoid them.

End of Flashback

I sighed and leaned on the couch. Remembering those times brings shivers down my spine. The guys don’t know about it except for Sehun. The reason why they’re mad at them was because of a girl. It’s a long story though. It was when I heard steps down the stairs and when I looked up, I saw Hyomi. She avoided my gaze as she went to the kitchen. I told her to avoid BAP but why did it turn out that she’s avoiding me instead?

Hyomi’s POV

I walked up to my room as soon as we reached home. I avoided Baekhyun oppa to let him feel how it hurts when someone ignores him like how he is telling me to avoid BAP. I’ll not stop until he plans on telling me the reason why I need to stay away from those guys.

I changed to comfortable clothes and went down to grab something to eat before I watch TV. Since there’s no homework because it’s the first day, I have time to spare. I avoided Baekhyun oppa as he turned to me and went straight to the kitchen. I heard his loud sigh. Even though I cannot take for us to act like this to each other, it’s for his good. I walked past him as I walked up to my room. So you aren’t telling me still huh? I scoffed as I went in my room and close it. I looked at my door hoping he would knock and tell me already but no thud was heard.

I sat on my bed and turned the TV on but I can’t seem to understand what I’m watching because I’m still bothered by the ignoring thing I’m having with Baekhyun oppa. I sighed loudly as I lie down my bed. I’m so frustrated right now. I didn’t know this is how my first day would be. It’s just the start of school but many are already happening. What’s worst to happen? Sigh…

Baekhyun’s POV

It was already ten and Hyomi haven’t gone out her room yet. I just watched TV until my parents came. I kissed them on the cheeks and sat back down on the couch.

“Where’s Hyomi?” They asked.

“She’s upstairs in her room.” I bluntly answered.

“Is there a problem?” My mom asked as she sat beside me.

“Nothing.” I said as I let out a small smile.

“I know there is. Tell me. I’ll listen.” She said giving me an assuring smile. I wasn’t able to keep my feelings and sigh out loud.

“Hyomi and I fought.” I said and she gave me a questioning look.

“Why? Did you do something? Didn’t we tell you to just let her be for the mean time because she would eventually move on?” She said and I shook my head.

“It’s not that mom.” I said.

“Then what?” She asked. I don’t know how to tell her that I told Hyomi to avoid people in our school because I’m sure she would also misunderstood it like how Hyomi did.

“It’s complicated mom. Don’t worry. I’ll fix it.” I assured her.

“Are you sure?” She said and I nodded. “Ok then. Have you eaten yet?” She asked and I nodded.

“I did but Hyomi won’t.” I said and she nodded.

“Bring her food then. She might be starving already.” She said and I nodded as I walked to the kitchen and placed the plate of food and a glass of water on a tray and walked up to her room.

I knocked but no one answered so I slowly opened the door and found her sleeping on her bed. I walked in and quietly closed the door and placed the tray of food on the table. I didn’t want to wake her up because she looks so peaceful. I sat by her side and brushed her hair to the side and fixed the blanket up to her chest.

“Sorry I had to let you avoid them. It’s for your own good. I had to let you pretend also so that they won’t get near you. I’m really sorry.” I said. I kissed her forehead before getting up. “Good night Hyomi and I hope by tomorrow everything would be back to normal.” I said before I walked out the room leaving the tray of food on the table so that if she wakes up because of hunger, she already has food. I turned the lights off and walked out the room.

Hyomi’s POV

As I heard the door close, I opened my eyes and let out another sigh. Why can’t you tell me? Is it that hard? I stood up and opened the lights. I sat in front of the table where the tray of food is and looked at it. A smile crept up my lips as a smiley face was made with the food on the plate. He really knows how to make me somehow feel good. I appreciate these small things especially when it’s from an important person in my life. I grabbed the spoon and fork and started to eat. Maybe I could just keep this curiosity inside me until he had the courage to tell me. Patience. Sigh…

After eating, I peeked out my room to see if there are any people and went in to get the tray and went down stairs. I checked if there are any people but the lights are already off so I assume they are all in their rooms. I opened the lights and walked to the kitchen. I washed the dishes then brushed my teeth. I walked up to my room after.

The next morning, I woke up with the ring of my cell phone’s alarm. I got up form bed and got ready for school. On my way to the bathroom, I met Baekhyun oppa who just finished taking a bath. He smiled to me but I just ignored him and walked to the bathroom. After taking a bath, I changed to my school uniform. I dried my hair and tied it. I went down the dining room after. They were all there and I remained quiet like how I was yesterday. As I took a seat, my aunt smiled at me.

“How was school?” She asked. I let out a small smile.

“It was fine.” I said.

“Did you have new friends?” She asked. I thought for a while. I didn’t want to say that everyone was throwing me death glares so I just nodded. “That’s good. Is Baekhyun taking care of you well?” She asked and Baekhyun oppa looked at me. I gulped thinking whether to say yes or no but still nodded. After eating, I bid good bye and left. After a few steps, I felt someone walking by my side. I didn’t turn for I know it’s Baekhyun oppa.

“Are you still going to ignore me?” He nudged me. I ignored him and walked faster. “Do you really want to know?” He asked and I stopped.

“Why? If I said yes would you say it?” He kept quiet. “No right? Why bother answer?” I rolled my eyes and continued to walk. He caught up with me and held on his bag strap. He just kept quiet after. I sighed as I ran to the bus stop and just in time, the bus came. I got in and looked for a seat. I absent mindedly sat at one seat and then looked away.

Daehyun’s POV

As soon as the bus came, I got in and sat on an available seat. A few seconds later, someone sat beside me. I turned to look and was surprised to see the dim-wit. I looked away and tried to ignore her. So she’s not with her boyfriend today? But as the bus started moving, I saw Baekhyun. He didn’t notice me though as he just looked at the dim-wit and sat at the seat behind us. I kept quiet all the while, avoiding her to notice me.

After a few minutes, we reached out stop. She stood up and went down the bus. Baekhyun followed her. I then stood up after and went down. Did they fight? I smirked as watched them walk with Baekhyun a meter behind her. I knew it. They wouldn’t last long. I went in the school gates and walked pass them.

Hyomi’s POV

As we reached the school, I walked straight to my room but I could still Baekhyun oppa following me. I didn’t bother to look around. Same stares were at me but I just ignored it. As soon as I reached my classroom door, I felt someone hold my hand.

“Can you just trust me in this one?” He said and I shrugged and slowly pulled my hand away from him and entered my classroom. I sat on my seat and Ah Neul looked at me.

“Is something wrong?” She asked. I slyly smiled and shook my head.

“Just a small fight.” I said and she nodded. A few minutes later, the bell rang and the teacher came. We all stood up and greeted her.

The first few classes passed by and it’s already recess. I turned to Ah Neul.

“Let’s eat together?” I asked and she smiled brightly.

“Really?! You’re not…” I shook my head and she smiled. “Let’s go!” She said and we both left the room

Jong up’s POV

Since Hyomi came in the room, she was so quiet. She didn’t answer in class like how she did yesterday. It just felt different. As recess came, I unexpectedly heard her conversation with Ah Neul. Wait. She’s asking Ah Neul to eat with her? What does that mean? Oho. They fought? So interesting. I smirked as I grabbed my bag and walked out the room. Poor girl. I knew it. Baekhyun just played with her feelings and left her.

As walked to our usual spot and found Yongguk hyung and Daehyun hyung eating already. I sat beside Daehyun hyung.

“What’s up?” Yongguk asked.

“Guess what, I think they already broke up.” I said.

“How are you sure with that?” Yongguk hyung said. I shrugged. Just then, Youngjae hyung and Zelo came and joined us.

“I just noticed it. She didn’t even eat with them this break.” I said.

“Maybe she just decided to eat with her friend.” Yongguk hyung said.

“Who are you guys talking about? The new girlfriend?” Zelo asked and I and Yongguk hyung nodded.

“Oh, they broke up already?” Youngjae asked. I shrugged.

“It’s just what it seemed to me.” I said.

“I think it’s true though.” Daehyun hyung said.

“You noticed too?” I asked and he nodded.

“They didn’t sit by each other this morning in the bus.”  He said and we all made an ‘o’.

“Poor girl.” Youngjae hyung said as he ate some chips.

“I know right? I smirked. “She seems to sad right now. She doesn’t answer in class unlike yesterday.” I said. I actually feel bad for the Hyomi. She’s so nice and undeniably beautiful but she was just used by a playboy.

Hyomi’s POV

I entered the cafeteria. No one was paying attention to me though like yesterday. We fell in line to get our food when a girl pushed us and went in front.

“Excuse me but—“

“Oh, you. You already broke up with him?” The girl said in her flirty voice. “Poor you.” She smirked as she turned away. I felt Ah Neul hold my arm and softly smiled at me.

“Don’t mind them.” She whispered to my ear and I nodded as I held in my anger.

 After we got our food, we looked for a table and after finding one, we sat down. We ate quietly as I felt stares on me. When I looked up from my food, I met eyes with Baekhyun oppa while Chanyeol oppa looked at me too. I looked away and continued eating.

“Did something happen?” Ah Neul asked. I hesitatingly nodded. “What? You can tell me.” She said.

“Baekhyun-oppa refuse to tell me the reason why he wants me to avoid B.A.P.” I said softly.

“Oh, but why?” She asked and I shrugged. “By the way, you have something to tell me?” She grinned.

“Ah, that. He said he’s doing it to protect me.” I said and surprisingly she nodded. “You agree?” I said shocked and she nodded.

“Everyone fears them, and as long as they know you’re ‘one of them’, you get what I mean? No one would dare hurt you. You know there are many y girls here and thugs.” She said. I sighed and looked at Baekhyun oppa. I looked down at my food. “Just trust him. I’m sure he has a reason.” She patted me on the shoulder giving me an assuring smile. I let out a small smile and nodded.

“Thanks.” I said and she just smiled. We continued to eat talking about random stuff until the bell rang and we went back to our room.

The class started. It was PE so we changed to our uniforms and then went to the open filed like what we were told. As soon as everyone was there, our teacher asked us to warm up. I warmed up with Ah Neul and after five minutes of warm up, we stood in lines.

“Today, we will have track and field. The boys will go first and the girls, understand?” Our teacher said.

“Neh!” We answered.

“Ok then, first five boys go to your mark.” Our teacher said and the first five boys in line went to the starting line. We sat at the bleachers and watched them. “On the mark. Ready, get set, go!” Our teacher shouted. They started running until Hyunjae reached the finish line followed by the other boys. We clapped. Five girls were next. Our teacher did the same and the girls ran. Yoomi was the one who reached the finish line first. We clapped like how we did for the first five. We wer ejust like that all throughout.

Whe it was Jong Up’s turned, girls were screaming his name. Ah Neul and I though, just kept quiet. As the teacher gave his mark, they ran for the finish line. At first, Jong Up was the third until he ran passed by the second and just before Hyunmin who’s the first in the race reach the finish line, Jong up ran faster and won. All the girls screamed louder and clapped. I just clapped.

“Girls really go like this whenever he won huh?” I said and Ah Neul nodded.

“They go like that in everything he does.” Ah Neul said and I laughed.

“They go crazy for him.” I said and she nodded. The next set of girls was called and I was surprised I was already one of them. I stood up and Ah Neul pumped her fist up.

“Hwaiting!” She said and I smiled. As I passed by Jong Up who was walking towards his seat, his eyes smiled.

“Good luck.” He said. I didn’t know if I would ignore him or not but since he was being nice, I just nodded. I walked to my position. I saw Minyoung glare at me as I went to my position. I just ignored her and as our teacher said his mark, we started running. I was the fourth at first until I passed by the third and second. Minyoung was the first. She looked back at me and hissed before she ran faster. I’m confused with her actions but to avoid getting in any fight, I just ignored her. She reached the finish line first and I reached it second. She smirked at me before she walked back to her seat. I shrugged. I don’t know what I did for her to act like that.

I walked back to my seat and Ah Neul congratulated me.

“You did great!” She said and I smiled.

“Thanks.” I said. The class went on. Ah Neul came second like me. After, everyone had ran, we were dismissed. We went to change to our uniforms again. On our way out the locker room, I met with Jong Up and he made another eye smile.

“You did good. Congrats.” He said and walked away. Ah Neul nudged me.

“He’s something. I think he likes you.” Ah Neul said and before I could react, Minyoung came yelling at us.

“Shut up! You .” She said glaring at us. We just kept quiet until she passed by us.

“She’s…weird.” I said and Ah Neul nodded.

“She’s just like that because she likes Jong Up.” She said.

“She’s jealous?” I said.

“Got it.” She said.

“What a girl.” I said as we walked back to our classroom.


HI!

Sorry for the late update! I hope this chapter somehow made up with the missed days. I'll update as soon as I finished updating my other two fanfics! To my new readers, hi! Please leave a comment! Thank you!