No Buts

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

Honesty - SHINee


Chapter 11 – No Buts

Jongup’s POV

I was busy playing with my iPod Touch when I heard my classmates whispering to each other and it caught my attention since it was about Hyomi.

“Look. Baekhyun oppa’s taking her to class again.”

“Don’t tell me they’re back together?”

“I think they are! She started eating with them again this week!”

My eyes shifted to the door and my eyes widened with what Baekhyun did. He kissed Hyomi on the forehead! I’m not mad that she kissed her but why the heck should he do it in front of many people, in front of his so many fangirls?! Does he want Hyomi to get hurt or what?! Hyomi was obviously surprised as she stood for a few seconds until Baekhyun had left. When she turned to the class, everyone was looking at her with different expressions but one thing is for sure for the girls, hate is all over their faces. I sighed and turned to what I was doing.

“What was that Hyomi?” Ah Neul asked shocked as most of us are. She just bit her lower lip as she was looking down.

“You two are back, obviously.” I said without looking up from my iPod Touch as she sat down.

“It’s,” she paused then sighed. “Yeah, that’s it.” She said and I could sense that she wasn’t willing. Did Baekhyun force her to be his girlfriend? That guy. Can’t he help himself from being single?!

“Did he force you?” I asked looking up from my iPod touch. She shook her head. “Then why do you sound like that?” I asked.

“Nothing. I’m still tired. Oh, sorry for yesterday again. I’ll make it up to you two.” She said.

“It’s ok. You don’t have too.” Ah Neul said with a small smile. She just smiled. I still don’t want to believe her. It’s just so inconvincing. I gave her a queer look but she didn’t seem to notice as she just got her book out and started writing done notes.

The teacher came a little after and class begun. It was boring, as usual but I tried to pay attention. I tried but can’t. My mind is full of thoughts about Hyomi and Baekhyun. I don’t know why I should bother myself about these things since it’s not my business but I guess I got myself into all of Hyomi’s business since I first met her and more when I got to know her.

Hyomi’s POV

As class went on, Ah Neul passed me a piece of paper while our teacher was writing something on the board. I got it and read what was written.

I thought you two are you know what? Or were you just lying and the truth is that you two is in a relationship? You’re confusing me. @_@ - Ah Neul

I bit my lower lip as I got my pen and wrote a reply.

We are you know what. But it’s so complicated right now. Baekhyun oppa would be fetching me every recess and lunch and I should eat with him or with you, ONLY. He’s so strict to me. :( - Hyomi

I slipped the paper back to her and continued writing notes. A minute after, Ah Neul passed the paper back and I read it.

Whoah. He’s so overprotective now. No wonder. The queenkas has their eyes on you. They have probably heard what happened yesterday. Then are you eating with me later or not? – Ah Neul

The paper was slipped back to me and I read it. I tapped my pen on my arm thinking. I sighed upon remembering what Kris oppa said that frightened me yesterday.

I can’t, sorry :( The EXO oppas got mad(?) yesterday. They want me to tell them everything later. Maybe tomorrow? – Hyomi 

I gave it back to her when our teacher turned his back on us again. She read it and faced me after with a smile.

“Hwaiting.” She mouthed before chuckling silently. I returned a smile.

“Thanks.” I mouthed and then we turned in front again and paid attention to class even though my mind was full of thoughts.

The bell rang signalling the end of our first subject. I stretched right after our teacher left. Ah Neul faced herself to me.

“Good luck.” She said and I snickered.

“Are you teasing me or you’re wishing me good luck?” I asked and she grinned.

“Both.” She chuckled.

“What is this?” Jongup suddenly said bending to the ground, picking something up. When he sat back down and leaned back, our eyes widened.

“Yah! That’s MINE!” Ah Neul almost shouted as she tried stealing the paper from Jongup but Jongup held it away. I tried stealing it to but he stood up and since I’m inches smaller than him, I struggled.

“Jongup, please, give it back now.” I almost pleaded.

“No unless you tell me what’s going on between you and that guy.” He said.

“You know what right? I don’t need to repeat myself.” I said and he stuck his tongue out.

“Then forget about it. I’m taking this paper. It seems so important.” He smirked and my eyes widened and tried reaching it but a voice stopped us.

“Excuse me Ms. Yoo, Ms. Lee, and Mr. Moon. This is not a playground so if you may?” He said as he put his things on the table. We slightly bowed and I glared at Jongup but he just stuck his tongue out waving the paper.

“This. Is. Mine. Now.” He said in a low voice then smirked.

“Ok class. Go back to your seats and get your homeworks out!” Our teacher said and I have no choice but to seat down. I looked at Ah Neul and she has an apologetic face. I can’t do anything anymore. I’m just hoping he wouldn’t spread what he’ll read. Please.

Daehyun’s POV

After our first class, our teacher asked me to bring the notebooks to his homeroom class so I did. I walked towards his room when I passed by Jongup’s room and something had caught my attention. My eyebrows furrowed and a weird feeling stirred in me.

Jongup, Dimwit, and another girl were standing and Jongup held a paper up. They looked very happy with each other’s company. I shrugged the thought away. I was snapped out my thoughts when a teacher scolded them. I then continued what I was supposed to do. I knocked on the door first before walking in and putting the notebooks on the shelves. I bowed to the teacher and left. I walked back to my room passing their classroom again. I can’t help but look in. When I looked in, I saw the dimwit on the board and an equation was written. Don’t tell she doesn’t know how to answer that. That’s so easy! She’s proved me again that she’s dimwit. I smirked and continued walking back to my room. That was an interesting walk.

Hyomi’s POV

The class went on and I kept glancing back at Jongup but he ignored me. I hissed as I turned in front again. I was startled when our teacher called me to answer at the bored. I stood up and walked to the board. Oh sh*t. How’s this?! I stared at the equation with my hand holding the chalk near the board. I closed my eyes for a moment and sighed. I just wrote whatever I know and bowed before going back to my seat. Our teacher checked what I wrote down and I put my head down waiting for him to say, “Nice try.”

“Well done Hyomi.” He said that made me look up at him with a shocked expression. I got that question right?! It’s as if I won the lottery right now.

“Thank you seonsaengnim.” I bowed a little and he nodded and continued discussing. I let out a sigh of relief. Soon the bell rang and we were allowed to have our recess but that’s not what I’m thinking of. It’s the stupid paper. Damn. I looked around at Jongup and he was reading the paper. I closed my eyes.

“Sorry.” I heard Ah Neul whisper. There’s nothing we could do anyway so I’ll just wait for his reaction. Anyway, we didn’t right anything about us being cousins so he wouldn’t be able, hopefully, to get what was written there but the thing is, he’s not an idiot to not understand it.

“So now?” I said as he folded the paper back and put it in his pocket.

“Interesting.” He said smirking before standing up, leaving the room. I mentally face palmed myself.

“This is trouble.” I said and Ah Neul bit her lower lip.

“I’ll try to keep his mouth shut about it. I’ll go after him.” Ah Neul said leaving me and chased Jongup out the room. I put my head down on the table. I let out a loud sigh. Just then, I heard whispering voices from my classmates who were in the classroom but it got louder. I tried covering my ears but it was no help. It was until I heard a familiar voice behind me.

“Yah, Hyomi. Let’s go.” I looked up and was surprised to see Kai and Luhan oppa.

“You’re a sleepy head, huh?” Luhan oppa said smirking. I felt my cheeks turn pink as I looked down. This is another gossip that would spread around the campus in a just a minute.

“Where’s Baekhyun oppa?” I asked standing up.

“He’s still in class. He can’t finish his activity so he was left there. He asked us to get you.” Luhan oppa said while Kai nodded beside him.

“Let’s go now. We’re causing a scene now.” I said in a low voice as I started walking. They followed me behind and walked at my both sides, Kai oppa on my left and Luhan oppa on my right.

“I feel like a prisoner.” I whispered and I heard both of them laugh.

“We know right? Baekhyun’s quite strict now but we agree about this.” Luhan oppa said with a smirk. I sighed loud.

“Great, just great.” I said and they chuckled.

We reached the cafeteria in no time because the students were basically making way for us while we walked and I tell you, it’s so embarrassing. We walked towards EXO oppas’ table with students’ attention on us. It was not surprising.

“Oh, you guys are here now. Hyomi, got sit beside me.” Chanyeol oppa said tapping the seat beside him.

“Yah. She’s sitting beside me!” Luhan oppa said but Kris oppa beat them both as he pulled me to the chair in front of him. Fudge.

“She’s sitting there.” He said and I looked down.

“Why?” The two whined but Kris oppa is unbeatable if you get what I mean.

“So…” Kris oppa said. “Have something to say?” He said.

“Easy. You’re scaring Hyomi.” Suho oppa said but Kris oppa didn’t say a thing as he just looked at me.

“What happened yesterday?” He asked and I hesitated to answer but there was no way I could run away from not answering his question.

“Yeah. What happened? You should’ve told us so we beat the crap out of those girls.” Tao oppa said.

“What? No, don’t hurt them.” I said and they gave me a ‘what-the-heck’ expression. “Just don’t mind it. It’s done anyway. Let’s just forget about it.” I said hoping to convince them but they just stared at me. . Where did I get myself into?

“You’re so nice Hyomi and they don’t deserve it.” Jongdae oppa said and I gulped.

“It’s not that. I just don’t want trouble.” I said looking down.

“You’re not the one who will face them. It’s us.” Kyungsoo oppa said.

“That’s why I don’t want it. You guys are putting yourself in trouble because of me and I,” I paused thinking if I should say it but they should know it right? “Hate it.” I said and they kept quiet. It was quiet for a while until Lay oppa talked.

“Then tell us what happened and we’ll think if we’ll let them go or what.” Lay oppa said and I sighed and started telling them what happened yesterday. There’s not much a choice anyway. After, they have either a frown or an angry face on.

“Those girls did that to you?! How dare them?! They’re too brave enough to hurt Baekhyun’s girlfriend.” Minseok oppa said but he knows I’m not Baekhyun’s girlfriend, all of them does.

“I think I know now why Baekhyun’s doing this.” Suho oppa said that made me look at him.

“Doing what?” I asked.

“From now on, you can’t leave our sight while you’re here inside the campus, ok?” Suho oppa said making my eyes widen.

“Not you too!” I sighed feeling failure.

“Trust us, Hyomi. This is for you.” I was about to say something but Kris oppa continued. “You’re our already our younger sister. We can’t let anyone to just step on you.” Kris oppa said.

“But no one is!” I said even though it was obviously not true.

“No buts miss. I won’t be agreeing with you this time around.” Chanyeol oppa said who you could say my next closest oppa in EXO after Baekhyun and well, Sehun. Before I could say anything, Baekhyun oppa came and joined us.

“So what happened? All settled?” He said with a smirk.

“Oppa! Yah!” I whined.

“Oh, so it’s settled.” He stuck his tongue out.

“But—“ They started talking about the dance contest leaving me dumbfounded. I sighed dropping my head on my arms on the table. This is crazy.

 


 

Hi! Sorry if I wasn't able to update yesterday. (Yes, it's already yesterday for us.) Sorry if this chapter is boring and for not having Daehyun and Hyomi scenes. But I promise you, there'll be after a I think two to three chapters. Thank you for my new subscribers, and to all of you, thank you for your continuous support! Ahaha! I'll update as soon as I can! THANK YOU!