Thank You's, Sorry's, and Goodbye's

Wishing Upon A Flower

Another Me - Sunggyu 

(The song's just short so just play it again. :))


Chapter 73 – Thank You’s, Sorry’s, and Goodbye’s

It was a cold afternoon when the remaining EXO members met. It was the first day of the year and with smiles did they gather at the dance studio they usually go for practice or simply hang-out.

“Hey!”

“What’s up?”

“How’s it going?”

They greeted each other as if they didn’t meet just a few days ago. They sat on the floor, goofing around, the typical boys they were.

“Aren’t Sehun and Hyomi coming back tonight?” Chanyeol said after succeeding on stealing the bag of chips from Minseok.

“YAH!” He whined but was just ignored.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun nodded. “I wonder how they are doing,” he muttered.

“Actually… The last call we had with him…” Jongdae began but quickly shook his head. “No, never mind.”

“What is it?” Luhan asked, curious whether they have the same thought about it.

“Uhm…” Jongdae hesitated before suddenly it was raining…with soda.

“What the…” They looked at themselves for a moment before turning to the culprits who pretended to not know.

“These kids…” Kris mumbled wiping himself with clean tissue. The two, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, grinned.

“Anyone?” Baekhyun asked, raising the bottle of soda and they others rolled their eyes and laughed. The sound of a phone ringing broke the laughter and they silenced as Yi Xing answered his phone.

“Oh, you’re not here?” He said looking around. The other nine looked around and immediately did they notice that indeed there was someone who’s not around. “With who? C’mon. Fine, see ya.” He ended the phone call and pushed his phone back in his pocket.

“Was it Kai?” Suho asked and he nodded.

“I didn’t notice he was missing not ‘til now,” Kyungsoo said looking around before turning back to Yi Xing.

“What’d he say?” Kris asked.

“Uhm…” Yi Xing broke into a big smile that teased the other guys who leaned forward to listen. He had that smile on his face for a few more seconds before he shrugged earning groans from the others.

“Seriously, hyung?” Tao said, rolling his eyes.

“He just said that he couldn’t go and besides that I really don’t know except that…” He paused and waited for the reactions and didn’t fail as they put their attention on him again.

“That?” He laughed as they asked and they snickered.

“Stop teasing us, will you?” Minseok said.

“Just kidding. But seriously, I think Jongin found someone already and he’s going on a date with her today,” he said and the boys’ eyes sparked interest as they all turned to him.

“Whoah, that’s new. Jongin actually fell in love?” Luhan said and high-fived Baekhyun.

“Who’s this unlucky girl?” Jongdae said earning laughter from the other guys but Kyungsoo remained quiet, having a hint on who it was. His insides churned and he didn’t know why.

“Kyungsoo hyung, hyung... Hyung…” Tao waved a hand in front of his face but he didn’t even move.

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol shouted surprising Kyungsoo who immediately turned to him.

“What?” He asked.

“Are you ok?” Kris asked.

“Uhm… Yeah… Sorry, just thought of something,” he muttered. Kris turned to Chanyeol and he just shrugged.

“Can it be…” He thought but shook the thought away. “What is it to you if ever that is true anyway? Forget about it, Kyungsoo,” he thought and like that…it didn’t leave his mind.

Hyomi’s POV

I was checking if I had everything in my luggage when a knock came. I stood up and walked to the door.

“Who’s it?” I asked before opening the door.

“Hyomi-ah, it’s me.” I immediately opened the door and bowed.

“Auntie, come in,” I said as I made space for her. Mrs. Oh smiled and walked in. I closed the door after.

“You are done fixing your things?” Mrs. Oh asked and I nodded.

“Neh,” I replied. Mrs. Oh then took a sit on the bed and patted the space beside her.

“Come,” she said and I obeyed, sitting beside her. My heart started beating fast and I wasn’t so sure why. “How’s your stay?” She asked.

“It was good. Thank you auntie,” I answered, still having that nervous feeling.

“I’m glad for that,” she smiled. A moment of silence followed and I tried calming myself. Despite the coldness, my palms sweat and I my lips nervously. “Looks like you got Sehun’s habit,” she said making me blink at her.

“Wha—Oh…” I said, looking down. I heard her chuckling.

“I actually want to say thank you,” she said taking my hand into hers.

“For what aunt? It’s actually me who should be thankful,” I said and she shook her head.

“I know you made a plan for Daehyun and my husband to fix whatever that had happened between them and also for making my son happy,” she said and I could hear how her voice wavered.

“Auntie…” I said softly and suddenly, tears started falling from her eyes and on instinct, I hugged her. I patted her back comfortingly as I felt my heart clenching.

Sehun’s POV

I softly knocked on Hyomi’s door to check on her but no one answered. I tried knocking again but still there was no answer so I opened the door as quiet as I can and peeked in, only to see her hugging my mother who was crying.

Worry filled me instantly and I wondered why she was crying. I’m sure they might get mad at me but I can’t help but eavesdrop on them. After all, I’m curious why my mother is crying and I’m sure she won’t tell me if ever I ask her.

Ten minutes passed and I think I heard all I should hear. Softly, I closed the door and walked away, my heart faltering.

Is this what I’m waiting for?

I looked up as my eyes met a pair of shoes. We stared at each other, no one speaking until we both talked at the same time.

“Can I talk to you?”

“What do you want?”

“Can I talk to you?” He repeated with a calm posture and I thought for a while.

“About what?” I asked, sounding harsh unintentionally.

“Everything,” he simply replied. I looked at him for a few seconds. The words of my father when we last talked just last night replayed in my mind.

“Please… For me or at last, do it for yourselves, mend things between you two… you…are still brothers.”

My fist clenched as I remembered that before I turned to the stairs.

“Let’s talk…some other time,” I said before walking away but was quickly stopped as someone held me on my arm. I glanced at his hand on my arm before looking up at him. “Please...” And he let go, slowly.

Hyomi’s POV

“Where is he?”

I stood outside the gate, craning my neck here and there, to see if Sehun has arrived. I was so worried a while ago when I knocked on his door and no one answered and he wasn’t anywhere in the house. I even tried contacting him but he won’t answer his phone. I tried asking the people around the house but they didn’t know where he went, not until I asked Daehyun.

I had to gather my courage then because of what happened a few days ago when we spent some time at the park again and even what we had set up. I haven’t talked to him since the time we planned his meeting with uncle. Even during New Year. We often met eyes but we never talked once. It was actually funny how we just became friends a few days ago and we are having a fight again. Is it really funny though?   

“I think he went out for a walk,” he simply replied and I hesitated after if I should ask him if he’s mad at me because of what I did but instead, smiled and thanked him before walking away.

Going back, I’m worried sick about him because it’s about time we leave for the airport. The flight’s in three hours and we still have long ride and process to go. But besides that, I worry because I don’t know what had happened to him. He doesn’t answer his phone either! How would I not worry?

I kept on tapping my feet on the ground looking left and right. I rubbed my palms together and blew on it to give me little warmth. I was rubbing my arms when I caught the sight of him walking from across the street. My eyes brightened and I ran, forgetting how slippery the floor was.

“Hey! Be careful! The—“ Then a honk of a car came and I looked at my side, my eyes widening as a fast approaching car was going to my way. I closed my eyes, not knowing what else to do as my body froze. I waited for the impact but nothing came. Instead, a pair of arms surrounded me.

“HEY! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF! GET OUT OF THE WAY!” The driver shouted and I slowly opened my eyes, to see Sehun bowing and apologizing.

He walked us to the sidewalk and he let go of me. I bit my lower lip, sorry for how stupid I was. I almost got the two of us in an accident.

“Sorry. I—“ I looked down and apologized  but he immediately hugged me, surprising me.

“What are you doing standing in the middle of the street! You scared me to death you know!” He said to me in a little loud voice but I know he was just worried so I patted him at back. I could feel his chest moving up and down. Maybe I really scared him so much. What am I even saying? Of course he will.

“I’m really sorry. I was just so happy to see you I forgot to look if there’s a car coming,” I said softly. His breathing slowly evened out and he let go.

“Don’t ever do that again okay? I don’t know what I’ll do if something happens to you or worst…you completely leave me,” he said, muttering the last few words. If he had hidden meaning behind his words, I really don’t know. I softly smiled and shook my head.

“I won’t,” I said and at last, he smiled. He held my hand and suspiciously looked at me. “What?”

“How long have you been out, really?” He asked and I grinned.

“Don’t even bother. Let’s go!” I said tugging on his hand and he smirked. “C’mon! They’re waiting!”

Daehyun’s POV

We already finished checking in our things and were in the waiting area. I stood at the side as Sehun conversed with his mom and Hyomi talked with dad. Yes… After how many days of stay, I finally had the courage to call him dad again. After a while, Sehun was done talking with his mom and his mom approached me. My body stiffened as she stood in front of me and she gave me a motherly smile. I smiled a little and bowed.

“Aigoo… Are you still that uncomfortable with me?” She said and I gulped, not knowing what to do. She softly chuckled as she looked down. As it died down, she looked up at me and I could see how her eyes looked apologetic.

“I…I’m really sorry. I know it’s too late but I’m really sorry for all that I caused. You had to endure years of being away with your father, maybe not even knowing the reason. I know I was so selfish but I hope you understand. I also didn’t want that but…” She looked down again and I took a deep breath, waiting for her to continue. I looked over at my dad and saw him talking with Sehun. “…my parents forced me and I didn’t know what else to do. I’m really really sorry. I know what I did is unforgivable but I just want you to know that I was truly sorry,” she said and a lone tear slid down her cheeks. There was a moment of silence before I got the courage to talk.

“It was hard, yes but it’s the past. Let’s not just bring it up anymore. I know my mother wouldn’t want me holding grudges so let’s just forget about it. Let’s just move on with our lives, if that’s possible?” I said and she smiled and nodded.

“Yes, thank you. Please extend my apology and thanks to your mom. She indeed brought you up well,” she said and I nodded, smiling.

“Yes, she really did and for that I’m really proud,” I said and she smiled once again. A cough stopped our conversation and we turned to see that it was dad. He had a smile on and I bowed a little.

“Looks like you had a pleasant talk?” He said and Mrs. Oh nodded, smiling.

“Yeah and I’m happy,” she said.

“I’m glad to hear that. May I talk alone with him then?” He said and Mrs. Oh obeyed, smiling ever sweetly at him and then smiling motherly at me. I bowed a little again in respect and before she walked away, I heard her whisper to my dad.

“You are lucky to have him,” and it made feel fluttered inside but I didn’t show it and just pretended I didn’t hear anything. Typical of me, huh?

“Daehyun,” he called and I looked at him. “Thank you,” he said and I blinked at him. “Thank you for listening to me. I know I’ve said it many times already and you told me to stop but…” He chuckled and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing too. I don’t even know what’s funny. “I’m just too happy. Thank you for granting my wish,” he said.

“Wish?” I said and he nodded, grabbing my hand with his both hands. His hands were shaking as he did but he still managed and he patted my hand softly, smiling.

“You don’t know, my son, how many times I’ve prayed for this time to come. Every day, Daehyun, every day. And I’m happy you granted it. Thank you,” he said and he hugged me, surprising me for a second. I hesitated but eventually, brought up my arms to hug him back.

“Flight ----, you may now board the plane,” the speaker went on and with that, we let go. He patted me on the shoulder and that’s when I noticed that his eyes were watery and I felt a pinch in my heart.

“Take care when you get back there okay? Don’t let yourself fall sick. Don’t also forget to study hard and reach your dreams. If you need help, just tell me, okay? Take care of your mother too. Please tell her I’m also sorry and thank you for bringing you up to become a very good man. I’m really proud of you, my son,” he said and the smile he had on his face was priceless that I also smiled back.

“Neh, abeoji. I will. Thank you too for the patience you gave me no matter how many times I disrespected you from the time I came for the stay. Take care of yourself. You need to get well,” I said and looked over his shoulder where Sehun and his mother together with Hyomi talked. “…they still need you.” I continued and turned to him. “Even I,” I muttered so soft I don’t know if he heard but he smiled and nodded.

“Yes, I would,” he said and I smiled.

“You better keep you word, dad,” I said and he chuckled.

“Are you threatening me?” He said and I grinned. He ruffled my head and as if déjà vu, I remembered the time this also happened and he ruffled my hair. My eyes turned teary but I held back all the tears. “I guess you guys need to go now before the plane leaves you,” he said and I nodded. “Remember that I’ll love you always and wherever you are and whenever you need help, I’m just here,” he said with a smile. I smiled back and hugged him, not too tight but enough for the feeling to last, for the last time before we go.

We walked back to the others and exchanged good byes again.

“Take care of yourselves okay?” Mrs. Oh reminded.

“Neh,” Sehun and Hyomi said while I just nodded.

“Sehun-ah, take care of Hyomi and Hyomi if ever he hurts you, you tell me okay? I’ll teach him a lesson he wouldn’t forget,” Mrs. Oh said and somehow my heart clenched.

“Eomma!” Sehun whined while they laughed.

“I’m just joking but really. I wish the both of you the best, and you too, Daehyun. I know you are all grown-ups now. You know the right things to do,” she said looking at the three of us.

“We trust you three,” dad said and we all nodded. “I guess you three should board now. Remember what we said, okay? Think things through and make decisions you would never regret,” dad reminded and we all fell silent for a while before we assured him that we will.

For the very last time, we hugged each other and we boarded the plane, going back to our home land. Upon boarding, we looked for our seats and I immediately found mine. I chose the window seat and settled there. A few moments later, I heard someone beside me and I looked up to see Sehun and Hyomi.

“Are your seats here too?” I asked and they nodded. I know Hyomi likes sitting beside the window but I hesitated because I know Sehun might get mad. I decided against it and just nodded before looking out the window. Something suddenly entered my mind as I looked at her that time.

Every day I see her but I miss her…so much. 

 


 

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY MY LOVELY READERS! I MISSED YOU! :(

After what we could call hiatus, I'm back. Ohmy. I'm really sorry! I know this is unforgivable (lol) but hope you will not leave me. :( 

I tried to update many times but my mind just go blank. Plus, there are so many things getting in the way I couldn't concentrate. But I'm back again! And I'll trty my best to update weekly like before. 

To those who stayed with me 'til now, thank you so much! I appreciate it! :)

So that's it for now. I hope it was long enough. 

Byeom :)

 

Here's Daehyun and Sehun for you :) (pictures credit to the owners)