Figuring Out The Answers

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

Guys Like Me by 100%

 

 


Chapter 75 – Figuring Out The Answers

Hyomi’s POV

The next morning, I felt my eyes sore and I blinked, trying to adjust to the light that seeps through my curtains. I was able to lie down on my bed twelve in the midnight after talking with Baekhyun oppa. And yes, I cried. Like I usually do when we talk seriously like that. I groaned, grabbing my phone on my side and checking the time.

Eight o’clock.

“It’s so early!” I mumbled and hit my head on my pillow. I tried to fall back to sleep but can’t. I sighed before getting up from my bed. I went to the bathroom to wash up before going back to my room thinking of what to do so early in the morning. For sure, the people inside the house are still sleeping.

I sat on my bed and looked out the window. The weather’s still cold. In the matter of fact, it’s getting colder. But walking outside looks to be a great idea. I could drop by a café and order something hot to drink while walking.

With that idea, I jumped of my bed, grabbed my jacket, brushed my hair a little and walked out my room quietly. I quietly left the house and started to walk around our area.

I rubbed my arms to give me a little warmth because it’s so cold. I kept to wetting my lips because it dries immediately from the coldness. I walked for a while before deciding to drop by the café-bakery Jongup’s works and bought a cup of frappe. I’m not actually allowed to drink anything with caffeine but since it’s been a while since I last drank one, I think I could.

I stayed for a few minutes to warm myself before leaving the place. I randomly turned street to street. Not really having anywhere to go. Sipping on the coffee once in a while, I see people roaming around too. Some kids were playing with snow at the park when I passed by and others were about to go to work, I guess.

After a little stroll, I find myself standing in front of a house I haven’t gone too for a while. I brought my cup near lips, biting the edge of it. I stared up at the house and found the window of one particular guy I don’t know whether he’s mad or not.

Suddenly, the door opened and I panicked, making me drop my coffee and it spilled on the floor. I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes for my stupidity. When I opened my eyes, two pairs of eyes met mine and he had an eyebrow raised.

“S-Sorry… I was just—“ And he brushed past by me. Did.That.Just.Happen? I felt my eyes tear up. I mean, who would feel so upset with that? I just embarrassed myself. In front of the guy I used to hate. With clenched fist, I took a deep breath and faced him. He was already a meter from me and I don’t know why because I was thinking that he would be like three meters away by now. “Are you mad at me?” I said, loud enough for him to hear. I waited for him to answer but he didn’t. Instead, he stopped. There was silence before I picked up the cup from the ground and ran to him. Littering is a no-no for me so yeah.

As I faced him, I remembered one question Baekhyun oppa asked me.

“Do you not take it when he is mad?”

I thought about it thoroughly and I confirmed that what I answered to him last night is what I feel right now. I really can’t take it if he’s mad. I do to anyone who is…important to me.

“Can you get out of my way?” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him.

“No,” I said and he rolled his eyes. He stepped aside and was about to take a step forward but I blocked him again. We were like that until we were both tired.

“What do you want?” He said bluntly.

“Didn’t you hear what I asked a while ago?” I said, starting to get irritated. I’m already the one who’s approaching him yet he’s like this.

“What?” He said, his gaze on me all the while.

“I know it was too much of me to meddle into your family matters—“

“Then why did you do it?”

“Because it was the right thing to do.”

“How so? It was MY problem, not yours.”

“Because I care for uncle’s welfare.”

“His welfare huh?”

“Yeah. He’s like my dad already. So there’s no doubt about it.” He rolled his eyes and stepped aside once more and was about to step one more and out of the blue, I blurted, “BECAUSE I HATE SEEING YOU LIKE THAT. BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY NOT TO MEDDLE, I JUST CAN’T KNOWING HOW MUCH YOU’VE GONE THROUGH. DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND WHY?! I’M ALREADY SORRY OKAY!” I said in one breath. And guess what, he didn’t even react a bit. My fist clenched. How could this guy be so cold? Darn it.

“Sorry but you’re mad,” I heard him mutter and my jaw I tightened. I took a deep breath, mustering my courage to say it again.

“I’m sorry, okay?” I said calmer. He looked away and coughed or did he just laughed? There was moment of silence before he shrugged.

“I’ll think about it,” he said and my eyes widened. My shoulders deflated for a moment before I nodded.

“Okay. If that’s what you want,” I muttered and quickly made way for him.

Another question entered my mind that oppa asked me.

“When he leaves, does it disappoint you?”

I looked at him and he was just standing there, as if contemplating whether or not to leave. As soon as he took a step forward, I felt something inside me drop and it made me sigh.

Ok. Damn it. Yes. It’s so disappointing but what else could I do but give him space right? It is what I do for every person I know.

As soon as he took another step, I started walking to the opposite direction too. I was staring down at my empty cup. I cursed under my breath. I just wasted my money for a cup of frappe that just spilled on the floor. I looked around for a trash bin.

I found one as I got to the park. I threw it away and looked for a bench to sit on. As soon as my landed on the cold surface of the bench, I sighed. I’m not certain why I did but I certainly know that I got so disappointed a while ago. I was already the one who went up to him and said sorry which I rarely do unless I know I’m really at fault. I even blurted things I didn’t intend to say. It just came out.

I felt my cheeks burning after realizing what I just said and I slapped my cheeks multiple times hoping that I would go back to my senses.

“What got into you and you said that?” I told myself. I puffed a cheeks. “Stupid, stupid, stupid. You were not thinking of what you’re about to say.”

I folded my arms on my chest and sighed. I don’t know how many times I sighed before a little girl came up to me, handing me a cup of hot chocolate. I blinked. Surprised.

“Unnie, it’s for you,” she said and I got it from her hands because she might burn herself.

“From whom did it come from?” I asked. She just smiled.

“Oppa said I can’t say it,” she said.

“Oppa? A guy?” I said and the little girl nodded.

“I’ll go now, unnie! Annyeong!” She brightly said before running off. I watched the little girl run before I turned to the hot drink in my hands.

Did it probably come from…Daehyun? But—

“Are you planning on spilling another cup?” I felt my heart jump and I turned to my side to see Daehyun settling himself beside me.

“What?” I said surprised.

“Are you deaf or what?”

“I’m not. Aish,” I rolled my eyes at him. I blew on the drink before drinking it. Silence covered us as I thought of asking him if this did come from him. “Did you—“

“No, of course not,” he said not letting me finish.

“Oh, ok. Just asking,” I shrugged. There was a feeling inside me I couldn’t say what. Shame? Disappointment? Both? I don’t know.

Daehyun’s POV

I side-glanced to see her sigh again. What’s up with her and sighing? Is she…somehow disappointed? Aye. Get yourself together Daehyun. Why would she be disappointed that you weren’t the one to give the cup of hot drink to her? She might be even happy you weren’t the one who bought it for her.

But either way. What’s wrong if she thought it was really you who gave it to her when in fact it was really you? I was actually surprised when I saw what she was drinking spill a while ago and to know that it was even something with caffeine. I wanted to scold her right then because she knows she shouldn’t drink things like that.

I know more than you know. I don’t know how but maybe because I’ve my eyes set on her all the time.

“What are you doing so early in the morning outside?” She asked.

“Why would you want to know?”

“Just asking. Do I need to have a reason?” She said and I shrugged.

“Why are you out here anyway?” I asked.

“Why do you want to know?”

“Just because? Do I need to have a reason?” I smirked.

“Whatever,” She said.

“So tell, did you go out to say sorry to me?” I said, trying to .

“What? Are you serious?” She said and I grinned.

“Why? Am I right?”

“Too cocky,” she mumbled but I caught it and smirked.

“Cocky and because I’m right?”

“Shut up,” she said.

“Pft. Forget about it. I was actually going to accept you apology—Ow!” She smacked me on the arm and I pretended to feel really hurt, rubbing the part she hit.

“Are you playing with me?” She said and I raised an eyebrow at her.

“I’m not,” I said.

“Then what are you saying about you’ll accept my apology if I said yes?” She said, raising an eyebrow at me.

“I didn’t say I’ll accept your apology if you said yes,” I shrugged. But actually, that was what’s coming next if she hadn’t smacked me.

“Are you starting it again?” She said.

“What?” And she didn't answer instead sighed. 

Hyomi's POV

I sighed, too tired to talk. I don’t know why I was tired but I was.

Silence covered us afterwards. No one uttered a word. Only the chirping of the birds in the early winter day, the kids playing, and people walking by were the one heard. Somehow that silence was not uncomfortable as I expected it to be. I’m not certain if he’s mad at me or not but it didn’t hinder us to have that comfortable silence.

Memories of our stay in America started to pop in my mind. I felt my stomach do flip-flop remembering the night he confessed to be but felt my heart drop remembering how, not directly though, he told me if he succeeded on his little act. I twisted my lips to prevent myself from letting out another sigh. It was utterly disturbing on my side too, and I’m sure he too was annoyed.

I remembered another question from last night again and this was something I wasn’t really able to answer. I turned to look at his side profile. He was looking forward, as if something interesting was in front of him. I quickly turned away before he caught me and puffed my cheeks.

“Do you like him?”

Do I like him?

No One’s POV

On a house at a certain place in Seoul, a young guy stood in front of a middle aged man. After much struggle to escape the guard, he was still brought in front of this person he didn’t want to see. His exterior showed hatred and anger but he knew he won’t win over the man who sat opposite him but nonetheless, he wouldn’t back down. He didn’t like this topic, moreover, he hated how they like manipulating his life.

“How many times do I have to say that I don’t want to take that position?”

“How many times do I have to say too that you have no other choice but to follow?!”

“YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT! AND THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT IT!”

“WANT?! YOU MEAN THAT OCCUPATION THAT WILL NOT LEAD YOU ANYWHERE?! WAKE UP SON! That’s not what is meant for you!”

“Then what?! This CEO position you want to hand to me?! I won’t ever accept it, never!” And with that, he left the room with a loud banging sound of the door. 


HEY! I hope you like this chapter although it looks like it's only a filler. I hope you enjoyed it because I enjoyed typing it too :)

OH! BAP is here but I won't be able to meet them ;_;

Who met BAP already? You're so lucky >_<