"Dimwit, Meet Mr. Arrogant"

Wishing Upon A Flower

Oh by FT Island


Chapter 12 – “Dimwit, Meet Mr. Arrogant”

Daehyun’s POV

Recess time, we were complete except for Jongup. Zelo bounced his basketball lazily on the ground with a pout while Himchan hyung tried cheering him up.

“That guy would come back.” Youngjae said and right then, Jongup came but he has a troubled face on as he stared on a paper and tripped on the process.

“HYUNG!” Zelo shouted standing up running to him. “I thought you won’t come!” Zelo said but Jongup just nodded not giving attention to him.

“Aish. There’s nothing here. Hyomi and Ah Neul’s lucky it’s not the paper but I want to know what’s written there!” I heard him mumble as he sat in front of me on the bleachers and crumple the paper and threw it away.

“Told ya.” Youngjae said smirking.

“You ok now?” Himchan hyung asked as he peered over Jong up’s shoulder but Jongup seemed to be in his little own world. I pushed him a little to get his attention.

“Yah, Himchan hyung’s talking to you.” I said and he looked at Himchan hyung.

“What?” He asked, quite annoyed.

“You’re still mad?” Zelo pouted. Jongup thought before shrugging.

“I’m still not in the mood.” Jongup said staring in space.

“What’s troubling you?” I asked and his eyes furrowed towards me. The look he gave me give me a thought that I shouldn’t have asked. The others waited for him to talk until he snapped his fingers.

“Can we talk hyung?” He said and I sighed. I knew it. Please. I’m so not in the mood to talk about that girl. Before I could even answer, he already dragged me away. This dragging thing is so annoying, I swear. When we got a little far from them, he faced me. The others were watching us.

“Do you know what Baekhyun’s relationship with Hyomi?” He asked.

“B-Bwoh? Why ask me that? I don’t even know that dimwit personally.” I said and his eyes widened for a second.

“Dimwit, bwoh?!” He said surprised. I just looked away. “Wait, wait. I think I’m getting it.” He said and my heart raced.

“Getting what? Aish. I’m tired—“

“You two know each other don’t you?” He said suspiciously looking at me. I cleared my throat.

“No.” I said because that’s the truth. We don’t know each other personally. Our only interaction was when I saved her from those erts.

“C’mon. Are you going to deny it when you’re already caught?” He said with a smirk. I let out a sigh.

“It’s nothing important. We don’t know each other personally. The only interaction we had is when,” I paused thinking whether it’s right to tell him or what but like what he said, denying it wouldn’t do. “She got my handkerchief. It’s done right? I’ll go now.” I said as I started walking away.

“I’m not done yet!” He shouted but I ignored him and went back to the others. They gave me skeptical look and I just shrugged.

“He’s being weird.” I said just to escape all the questions. Jong up joined us a little after and he eyed me.

“I’m not yet done hyung.” He said.

“Ok. You two are getting suspicious. Are you two dating?” Zelo said the other three laugh while Jong up and I glared at him.

“It’s not funny.” I uttered making them shut their mouths but it was obvious they’re trying to prevent themselves from laughing. I sighed. These guys never changed.

Hyomi’s POV

Lunch came and again, I waited for someone to fetch me. I then remembered about the blazer and I got it out from my bag. I looked out the room. I guess they wouldn’t come any minute yet so I’ll return this back first. I got up and ran to the last floor to the Dance Room. I entered the room, and as usual, it was empty. I walked to the same corner I was at before and bent down, placing the blazer neatly folded. I wonder who owns this. I shrugged as I stood up and started walking when I remembered I’m supposed to give a banana milk as a thank you gift. I got it out from my pocket and put it beside the blazer. I then left the room after and went back to my room to find Baekhyun oppa standing outside and has a frown on his face. I sighed. I hope this pretending would end soon and I’ll have my normal life back, I hope so.

I had lunch with them again and they were asking me if someone hurt me or something but I said no. There aren’t any honestly but if ever there will be, I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to say the truth. They’re scary when they get mad. The lunch ended soon and we went back to our classrooms and the class begun.

When dismissal came, I waited for Baekhyun oppa since it’s included to their rules. I arranged my things in my bag when my eyes met Jongup who was staring at me. I shuddered as I raised an eyebrow at him.

“What? I know you know already. It’s so embarrassing right?” I said as I felt my face turn pink. He smirked, I just know he did. I know him well.

“I know right?” He said standing up.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then. Oh, would you like to come by later? I’ll treat you.” His eyes smiled.

“Treat where?” Our attention turned to Ah Neul who just came from the washroom.

“Nothing.” We both said. She shrugged.

“I’ll go first. I’m needed at home now. See you tomorrow!” She smiled grabbing her bag and left. Jongup and I turned to each other again, going back to what were talking about.

“No. You’re just going to tease me. I know you well when it comes to those things Moon Jongup.” I said and he winked which made me blink at him.

“I’ll be waiting. Bye.” He said before slinging his bag over his shoulder and walked out the door.

“Yah! I didn’t say I would—“ I stopped when I saw the stares my classmates gave me. I just looked down on my table. That was so embarrassing. I’m sure they hate me more now.

“Yah, flirt.” I was taken aback with the words. I looked up to see Minyoung. She has her hands on her hips. “Do you like Jongup oppa?” She asked angry.

“No.” I simply answered.

“Then why are you acting like that to him?!” She said turning furious.

“Acting like what?” I asked innocently.

“Are you stupid?! After first class, you were playing with him and now you were,” She stopped. I’m sure she couldn’t think of any reasons now.

“I was what?” I asked.

“You were flirting with him!” She said.

“I’m not. He’s just my friend. Don’t put meaning in all things.” I said and her fist clenched.

“Mind we join?” I was surprised when Baekhyun oppa with Chanyeol oppa just came in barging in our room. I quickly stood up. My boy classmates gasped while my girl classmates even Minyoung has twinkling eyes, praising them for their looks and all. Baekhyun oppa and Chanyeol oppa looked at me then to Minyoung.

“Oh, Baekhyun oppa, Chanyeol oppa, how nice to see you here.” She smiled and they both faked a smile. It was obvious.

“I’m sure you wouldn’t mind if we get OUR Hyomi now?” Baekhyun oppa said making my eyes wide. Did he have to say that?! It will make things worst. I closed my eyes looking down.

“Everyone, listen up.” Chanyeol oppa shouted. “From this day onwards, no one would hurt her. She’s one of us now and if you hurt her, you’ll also hurt us. You don’t like that, right?” Chanyeol grimaced. My girl classmates nodded while the boys kept quiet as they just nodded. “Good. We’ll leave now then.” He said grabbing my bag, slinging it to his shoulder.

“Oppa, I could bring my bag.” I whispered to him but he resisted.

“Let’s go!” Baekhyun happily said with a smirk on his face as he put his arm around my shoulder. I mentally slapped my face.

As soon as we got away from all the students eyes as we entered the school’s new dance room. I assume this is the new one since there was another one at the last floor. This one is more stylish and more modern. Chanyeol oppa put my bag down on the couch as we entered and they all greeted me. I greeted them back and sat at the couch.

“Do you want to stay or you want to go home?” Baekhyun oppa asked me as the others were getting ready for their rehearsals. I thought for a while. I let out a sigh as I remembered Jongup’s going to wait for me and I still have homeworks to do.

“I’ll stay for a while but I also need to leave early.” I said and he nodded.

“Why? Don’t you want to watch us?” Luhan oppa pouted and I shook my head.

“Of course not. I just have homeworks to do. I’ll watch you guys next time.” I said with a smile and he smiled back.

“Make sure you do.” He said as he ruffled my hair.

“Ok, team, let’s do warm ups!” Suho oppa shouted and they scattered around the big room and started stretching.

I stayed for twenty minutes before I bid good bye and left. Since Baekhyun oppa still have practice, I have to go home by myself. It was getting dark already so I ran down the stairs and to the gates. I caught my breath as soon as I reached the bus stop. Luckily, the bus already arrived so I got to ride in. I sat at the back, putting my earphones inside my ear. I was wandering around when I noticed a familiar blonde hair sitting not that far from me. I leaned in to get a closer look. I swear. The hair looks familiar. I just shrugged the thought off and waited to reach my stop.

It took thirty minutes before I got off the bus. I passed by the café Jongup works at and so I peeked in to see if Jongup was there, and he was working behind the counter again. I tapped my feet thinking if I should go in already but decided not to and quickly left the place. I’ll just go here after I finish doing my homeworks. It’s not far from my place anyway. I skipped to my house and as soon as I entered, I began doing my homeworks.

Daehyun’s POV

I got down and inserted my hands inside my pockets and started walking. I passed by the bakery-slash-café Jongup works at when I saw something unexpected. The dimwit was standing outside peeking it. I followed where she was looking and found that she was looking at Jongup. I felt another weird feeling inside me but I just shrugged it off. I hid behind a post when she turned to leave. I went out my hiding place as soon as she left. I looked back to where she stood for a while before shaking my head.

“No. She’s a dimwit, remember? That’s impossible.” I ruffled my hair in frustration before walking home.

Hyomi’s POV

It was already seven in the evening. Baekhyun oppa isn’t home yet. Aunt and uncle are also at work so basically, I’m home alone. It was quiet, peaceful. Just what I want right now. School has been so stressful these days and it only has been my second week for goodness sake! It’s already making me go nuts. It’s not really the school works that makes me stressed but the students. I’m so strained right now, emotionally and physically. I haven’t taken dinner yet because I don’t feel like eating. I know skipping meals for me is so bad since I have this thing called ulcer but I’m used to it and my body’s also getting used to it, I guess.

I got up from my chair and grabbed my jacket. Might as well visit Jongup. Besides, he might keep his word and I don’t want him to wait even his work is done but he isn’t that foolish right? I mean, I’m not someone important for him to wait. I walked out my room after sticking my earphones to my ears and walked to his working place. It’s just a five-minute walk so I expect it wouldn’t take long. I hummed as I walk and looked around. I’m being attentive to my surroundings since it’s already dark and who knows what’s out there.

I reached the bakery soon and went in, making the chimes cling. Jongup seemed to be busy talking to someone, a blonde. Wait. That hair, it’s familiar.

“Oh, hi Hyomi! You came! I thought you wouldn’t.” He smiled as he stood up. The guy he was talking to seemed to freeze in his position.

“Hi. Yeah, shouldn’t I have not then?” I chuckled.

“Wait a minute.” He said as he went back to the kitchen and walked out after without his apron anymore. “Let’s sit by a table.” He smiled grabbing my arm but the blonde guy stood firm on his position. “Daehyun hyung, are you just going to stand there? C’mon.” He said grabbing his arm also, he dragged us to a table. He let us sit down. When I got to see him, I mean, his eyes, that’s when it hit me. He’s Mr. Arrogant!

“Oh, Mr. Arrogant, annyeong.” I smirked and his eyes pierced me. Jongup looked at me and back to him and with a sheepish smile, he said,

“I knew it. You know each other, right?” Before I could answer, Mr. Arrogant has stood up but was pulled down by Jongup. “C’mon hyung. Hyomi here is being nice.” He said.

“Is calling me Mr. Arrogant nice?” He said as his eyes was on me. I stuck my tongue out on me.

“Why? Didn’t you call her—“

“Ok, fine. Just shut up, please?” Daehyun said as he slumped on his seat but it made me curious onto what Mr. Arrogant calls me.

“Call me what?” I asked curiously.

“It’s nothing.” Jongup smiled and I eyed him suspiciously. “So, I suppose you know each other—“

“No.” Mr. Arrogant cut him off immediately.

“No? Who are you lying to?” Jongup teased and Daehyun groaned.

“I already told you. I don’t know her personally, right?” He said turning to me. I was surprised by his intense look that I just nodded.

“Yes. I only met him once besides in school.” I said and he rolled his eyes. Great. He’s more terrible now that I sit across from him.

Jongup’s POV

“Then should you two have a formal introduction so you won’t have to call each other names?” I proposed with a sheepish smile. I looked at them. This is getting interesting.

“No thanks.” Daehyun hyung said.

“Then no thanks too.” Hyomi said crossing her arms on her chest. I want to laugh at them but seeing how they’re so mad at each other right now prevented me.

“Do you two have something against each other?” I asked, acting innocent even though I’m already getting it.

“She’s a dimwit.”

“He’s arrogant.”

“BWOH?!” They both said at the same time and both glared to each other after. I was obvioulsy taken aback as I jerked back. Now, I’m getting more curious on how they met.

“Easy people.” I said.

“I’m leaving.” They both said standing up. I looked up at them and they glared at each other.

“Fine, leave!” Hyomi said sitting back down and Daehyun hyung rolled his eyes.

“I’m taking my order now. Bye.” Daehyun hyung said leaving Hyomi and I alone. I watched him as he went to the counter and get what he ordered a little while ago. I smirked as I turned to Hyomi who has a pout on her face.

“Hey. Smile. Pouting doesn’t fit you.” I said jokingly.

“What’s with the arrogant friend of yours? Why are you so different from him?” She asked and I shrugged.

“I used to be the same.” I said and she shot me an ‘are-you-serious’ face. I laughed. “Believe it or not but it’s true.” I laughed.

“Do you think I’m going to believe you? You’re so smiley!” She said making me laugh. How she described me was so cute?

“How could you say so? You don’t see my smile.” I said.

“Your eyes do. It always smiles.” She said pointing to my eyes.

“Is that an insult? I know my eyes are small.” I frowned and she shook her head.

“No. Not that. Your eyes do smile! Honestly, I always find it cute.” She making me blush. “One of my friends has the same eye smile as you and you remind you of him because of it.” She smiled.

“Friend? Who?” I asked.

“An old friend. You don’t know him, I guess, so mentioning wouldn’t be necessary.” She said shrugging. Did I just hear it right? Him?

“A guy?” I asked and she nodded. “Whoah. Are you guy-magnet?” I said and she shook her head.

“Of course not. I just get close to them because maybe I grew up playing with a guy so I practically learned how to interact with them.” She said shrugging. “I’m not sure.”

“Now I get how you grew close with the EXO guys and well, me.” I said and she nodded.

“I guess, yeah.” She smiled. We chatted for a few minutes more until someone called Hyomi and she had to leave. I insisted on bringing her home but she didn’t want to and it made me a little suspicious because she was so secretive about where she lives. I watched her as she got out the bakery before going back to the counter and continue my work.

Hyomi’s POV

I got a phone call from Baekhyun oppa saying he just got off the bus and is on his way home. I had to leave quickly because he might see me in the bakery and get mad. Just when I got out, Baekhyun oppa stood there, surprised.

“Whoah. Where are you at this hour?” He said tapping his wrist watch.

“Sorry. Just got some hot coffee.” I smiled and hopefully he would buy it.

“Are you sure?” He asked and I nodded. “Let’s go home now then. I’m so tired from practice.” He said and we started to walk home. That was close. Whew.


HI! So is it long? Sorry! >_< 

So as promised(?), I placed some Daehyun and Hyomi moments. Sorry if it but let's consider it as a start of something new? *wriggles eyebrows* :)) 

Please anticipate for it! THANK YOU!

    

    

    

*pictures are always not mine unless I say so*