Locker

Wishing Upon A Flower

Lightless (Unplugged Version) by BEAST


Chapter 13 – Locker

The following days seemed to be normal and you know what normal is for Yoo Hyomi. The constant glares, the sneers, the harsh words she received all throughout the day and if she’s lucky enough, someone would rescue you her when someone, particularly, the queenkas, tries and hurt her is what’s normal for her.

After the words Chanyeol said to her class, it spreaded around the campus and now, everyone was afraid of walking near her except for the queenkas but even though it was like that, Hyomi didn’t like it. The students ignored her more now but thinking of it, it’s better right? The constant glares were replaced with people putting their head low whenever they pass by her, some snickers and sneers but then, when they see EXO with her, they turn three-hundred-and-sixty-degrees to good, obedient students.

As for her relationship with the BAP boys, she still hasn’t met them personally, except for Jongup and her Mr. Arrogant. Whenever she met Daehyun around the campus, they would scoff at each other or sometimes, Hyomi would even stick her tongue out like a kid. Jongup who quietly watches them laughs to himself and sometimes teases Hyomi that they quited each other but Hyomi denies it with all her might.

“No, never. Ewww.” She would say causing Ah Neul and Jongup laugh again.

It’s another usual day at school and Hyomi walked to her locker one morning. She opened it to find a paper with something written on it on red ink.

“Do you think you got away from us? Watch your back, .”

She looked around for possible people but when she did, they all scrambled to what they were doing. Of course, they watch her, they always do, as if she was amusing or something near it. Hyomi gulped and tried to shake the thought away. She crumpled the paper and started getting her books needed out. With her head down, she walked her way back to her room but made sure to throw the paper first. She felt afraid but she didn’t want to trouble her oppas about it nor Jongup and Ah Neul. It’s not just her. She didn’t want to be a burden to anyone afterall.

Hyomi’s POV

I settled down on my seat still feeling the chills because of the scary letter. I’m sure one-hundred percent who placed that in my locker. It’s no other than the queenkas. No one would do that besides them, or there is? Damn. When could I get my normal life back?! I was snapped back to my thoughts when I felt a nudge on my arm. I looked up to see Jongup staring at me.

“Are you ok? Jongup just greeted you.” Ah Neul said.

“Did something happen?” Jongup asked, putting his bag on his table then sat on his chair but his eyes never left me and it made me conscious suddenly. “You look pale? Again?” Jongup said making me touch my cheeks.

“Am I?” I asked and they both nodded. I forced on a smile and shrugged. “It’s just cold.” I said and smiled. The two looked at each other in disbelief.

“Are you kidding us? It’s not cold today!” Ah Neul said as if it’s the most obvious thing on earth. I felt my face turn warm. Of course it’s hot, I know, but I needed to do a white lie to get my self out of that situation. Jongup gave me a skeptical look but didn’t say anything. I just smiled to them and luckily, the bell rang.

“I guess the teacher’s coming. Talk to you guys later.” I said turning back to the front. I let out a sigh of relief. Did I look pale? Geez.

Daehyun’s POV

It was another day at school. Boring—that’s how I describe it a few days ago or even years ago but now, I don’t know why I felt as if I’m always looking forward to something but scratch that. It doesn’t matter. I walked to the stairs to my room when I spotted Dimwit by her locker and her face didn’t look okay? I’m not sure. But the thing she was reading made her step back a little then turn around. I made sure I looked away in time and not let myself be noticed.

When I felt she turned her back again, I looked back at her though I felt looks on me. It wasn’t something new for the nth time. Something’s not right. I just know it. As soon as she got her books, she locked her locker. I watched her as she walked away. She threw the paper I think she was reading before going straight to her room. I don’t know why my feet led me to the trashbin as soon as she was out of sight.

“Oppa, what are you doing?” Some of the girl students who were following me said as they saw me look in the trashbin but I ignored them.

Since she threw it at the ‘papers’, there were more papers inside the trashcan but because of some smart students who don’t follow the rule, it’s mixed up with other things that aren’t supposed to be there. I looked in the trashcan and didn’t mind the girls still asking me why I was there. I got the paper I think that belongs to her that stood on stop of the pile of trash and walked away with the girls saying goodbye to me.

When I reached the staircase, I stopped and uncrumpled the paper. I’m sure this is the paper because from my view a while ago, I saw red ink and the writing on this paper has it. The paper was also the same. My eyes widened as I gasped at what I read. Someone’s threatening her? I thought after what the EXO guys did no one would dare touch her. But after thinking about it, of course,  the queenkas are still there. I don’t know why I got a weird feeling inside me again. Is it a feeling of concern or of worry? But I shouldn’t be concerned or worried about her even in the tiniest bit because for the first place, we aren’t friends and most of all, we’re enemies. Yes, that’s it. I shook the thought away and put the paper in my pockets before I went back to my room but the thought never left me.

Hyomi’s POV

It was already our lunch and as usual, I waited for Baekhyun oppa or some of the EXO oppas to fetch me. I kind of got used to it already. Usually, it would be Baekhyun oppa, Chanyeol oppa, Luhan oppa, or Kai oppa who would fetch me but the other oppas had fetched me at least once since the rule was made. Ah Neul had left already, as well as Jongup so I was left alone in the room with some of my classmates who preferred staying in the classroom. Soon, Kai oppa and Baekhyun oppa came. I greeted them before we left.

We reached the cafeteria no time and sat with the other EXO oppas. They greeted me and I greeted them back with a smile or a simple hi.

“I guess the plans working. No one’s bullying you, right, Hyomi-ah?” Lay oppa said and I nodded with a small smile. The letter this morning flashed in my mind again and it made me shudder.

“You’re not lying, aren’t you?” Kris oppa said seriously and I nodded.

“Of course.” I said and forced on a smile. I hate lying to them but I don’t like troubling them especially that the competition’s just days away.

“Good then. Oh, the competition’s getting near. I’m so nervous.” Jongdae oppa said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

“But we’ll do good, we should.” Kai oppa said earning another nod from ten guys.

“Oh, Hyomi, don’t forget your promise.” Kyungsoo oppa said with a smirk. I gasp. They still remember it. Ohmy. I haven’t spoke to any of my friends yet.

“O-Of course I do!” I said but more like stuttered.

“You’re nervous, aren’t you?” Tao oppa said teasing me.

“No!” I said and they laughed.

“Let’s make it more fun. If Hyomi won’t be able to bring at least ten people on the competition, she’ll have to grant us a wish, what do you think guys?” Luhan oppa said and everyone agreed, even Baekhyun oppa who seemed to be the most happiest with the suggestion.

“What?” I said feeling nervous already. I’m nervous because I might not be able to grant their wish but thinking of it, I still owe them for worrying about me last week. Damn. You keep owing people now, Hyomi, what happened?!

“Don’t worry. We’ll make sure you can do it.” Minseok oppa said smiling. I sighed.

“Fine. As if I can say no?” I said and they cheered.

“Oh yeah. This will be fun. I hope she won’t be able to bring ten people.” Luhan oppa said and I pouted.

“Yah!” I whined and they laughed.

“We need audience to win too.” Suho oppa said. We continued to chat until the bell rang and we went back to our own classrooms.

Classes went on like usual and we were dismissed at three-thirty. I got up from my seat to go to my locker but it kind of scared me remembering of the letter again. I heaved in and sighed. Since Jongup volunteered to come with every time I go to the lockers during dismissal time, I told Baekhyun oppa that I’ll go to the locker already so that when they come, we would just go straight home or to their practice. At first he was hesitant but I insisted that Jongup’s my friend so he said yes in the end. Ah Neul comes with us once in a while, only not if she’s busy like today since she has some requirements to catch up.

Thinking about it Jongup didn’t ask anything about what was written on the paper but I was thankful he didn’t ask anything. Maybe he understands me. I hope.

“Yah, Hyomi, let’s go.” Jongup said, nudging me. I nodded and followed him out the room and we walked side by side to the locker area. “You’ve been quiet. Something bothering you?” He asked as he looked at me and I shook my head.

“Nothing.” I said and I could see the disappointment on his eyes.

“Fine. You don’t trust me. I know it.” He said and I felt guilty. He never fails to do so whenever I don’t want to tell him something.

“It’s nothing, really. You should just think of yourself.” I said and he snickered.

“Yeah, you always say that.” He said and I released a small smile. Soon, we reached our lockers and I hesitated to open mine, thinking I might see another letter or something worse than it. I didn’t know I was staring at it for a long time already. I was surprised when Jongup entered the code to my lock and it click open. I was taken aback. I didn’t know Jongup knows my lock combination. He opened it and I went on panick since there might be a letter again and he might see it.

“What are you—Whoah, what’s this?” He said as he reached something in. I felt my heart beat faster but I was surprised when he took out crumpled paper trash. I sighed in relief. Sometime’s when I get too lazy to throw something, I stuff it in my locker and I haven’t had a chance to clean it. I felt myself turn pink.

“Ah, some trash. I haven’t cleaned my locker for a while.” I grinned and he smirked. He got the papers scattered inside.

“Geez. Do I have to see first before you clean it?” He said and I shook my head.

“Sorry. Hand me that. I’ll throw it.” I said trying to get the trash on his hands but he shook his pointer finger in front of me.

“I’ll do it.” He said. “Don’t go anywhere, ok? I’ll be back.” He said as he jogged away. A smile unknowingly reached my lips and I began putting my things in. I was surprised when a shadow towered me. I’m afraid to look at who it was because it might be the queenkas but as the owner of the shadow talked, I was able to sigh in relief but I didn’t really like the voice in particular.

“What?” I said with no interest.

“Pft. As if, do you think I’m here for you?” Mr. Arrogant said.

“Did I say so Mr. A-RRO-GANT?” I said emphasizing each syllable to the last word. He glared at me.

“As if I care, DIM-WIT.” He said the same way I did. I looked to him and glared.

“I’m not in the mood so can you please leave me alone?” I said, annoyed. He rolled his eyes.

“There you are, Jongup.” He said as he walked away. I hissed.

“Oh, hyung, what are oyu doing here? Ah, waiting for Hyomi?” Jongup teased.

“NO WAY!” Both of us said at the same time. He laughed.

“I’m just joking. You two sounds so—“ But before he could finish it, Chanyeol oppa came with Kyungsoo oppa. The four exchanged looks but it turned to be glares.

“Uhm, hi oppas.” I said trying to ease the tension. I heard Daehyun snicker and I secretly stepped on his foot and he flinch a little as he turned to me. I pretended as if it wasn’t me and turned to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo oppa.

“Hi. Are you done? The guys are already waiting for you.” Chanyeol oppa asked.

“Ah, yeah. I’m just going to get my bag.” I said with a small smile.

“Easy-to-get. Pft.” I heard Mr. Arrogant mumble and it made me offended that I want to step on his foot again but Chanyeol oppa said something that took my attention.

“Ah, yeah, I heard you joined the competition too. May the best contestant win.” Chanyeol oppa smirked.

“Of course.” Jongup said. I looked back at Chanyeol and Kyungsoo oppa then at Jongup and Mr. Arrogant.

“Oh, you’re joining too? That’s great!” I smiled and I saw Jongup’s eyes smile but I bet Mr. Arrogant even gave interest to what I said. Of course. I don’t care anyway.

“Let’s go now. They might be looking for us.” Kyungsoo oppa said and I nodded.

“I’ll go first, Jongup. I’ll see you tomorrow and good luck!” I said and walked away with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo oppa. I noticed Mr. Arrogant roll his eyes and I just ignored it. For the nth time, as if I care.


Short update, I know. I'll try to type the next chapter later so that I could update again. Please wait for it! THANK YOU!