Sleepover

Wishing Upon A Flower

Sleep Well Good Night  by B1A4

Chapter 33 – Sleepover

It was another day at school. It was a typical day for Hyomi but since the second letter, she had been receiving letters day by day in school and she just tries to shrug it off since there’s nothing odd happening yet.

The day went by and it was time for dismissal. Hyomi went to her locker with Jongup and Ah Neul. She had told him that she’s ok to go by herself and Ah Neul was also there but Jongup was persistent so he just let him do whatever he likes.

“Tell me, you like Hyomi, don’t you?” Ah Neul whispered to Jongup as they both waited for Hyomi to finish putting her things in the locker. Jongup turned beet red and Ah Neul easily notice it. “You do! Ohmygosh!” Ah Neul covered to stop herself from shouting.

“C-Could you keep it low? Psh,” Jongup said and peeked at Hyomi. He was relieved that Hyomi didn’t hear what Ah Neul had said, or that’s at least what he thinks.

“When did you start liking her?” Ah Neul wiggled her eyebrows and Jongup looked away.

“I didn’t even say I like her,” Jongup said but he knows it was too late to deny it.

“Aigoo, denying it won’t do. So tell me. Maybe I could help you,” Ah Neul smiled. Jongup looked at her, thinking of what she said but quickly shook his head moments later. Ah Neul pouted. “Ok. It’s your choice. Uhm, I wonder what Hyomi would—“

“Shut it, ok?” Jongup said and Ah Neul stuck her tongue out.

“I’m done. Let’s go,” Hyomi asked startling Jongup. “Are you ok?” Hyomi chuckled at the reaction Jongup did.

“Ah, y-yeah,” Jongup smiled while Ah Neul laughed.

“Ok, you’re weird,” Hyomi laughed and they walked back to their classroom. “I’ll go first. Oppa will be staying behind today so I can’t stay late. Well, that’s what he told me,” Hyomi shrugged.

“I could bring you home!” Jongup said but Hyomi shook her head.

“It’s ok. My cousin’s home. So yeah, I haven’t told him yet,” Hyomi nervously smiled and Jongup nodded in understanding. Ah Neul just smiled to herself knowing her cousin and her oppa as she calls him is one.

“Just take care then,” Jongup said and Hyomi nodded grabbing her things and left.

“Just take care then,” Ah Neul mimicked as soon as Hyomi had gone out the room. Jongup glared at her.

“Stop it,” Jongup said and grabbed his things. Ah Neul laughed.

“I’m just joking,” Ah Neul said.

“Yeah, right. I’ll go already. Bye,” Jongup said and left the room. Ah Neul can’t help but smile to herself.

“Hyomi’s such a lucky girl. So many guys are falling for her,” Ah Neul thought. She fixed her things and quickly left after.

Hyomi’s POV

I was just in time when my bus came and I got in. I looked for an available seat but was surprised to see something else. Mr. Arrogant. A smirk made through my lips but he just rolled his eyes and looked away. I then sat down at a seat two rows in front of him since it was the only available seats.

“So he’s also taking the same bus,” I thought. “Well, it doesn’t matter,” I shrugged the thought away and plugged my earphones in my ears. The ride felt so slow and before I know it, I had fallen asleep.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulder waking me up. I looked at who it was and saw the driver. Wait. How long have I slept?

“Miss, it’s already the last stop,” he said.

“B-Bwoh?!” I said and looked at my watch. Damn. It’s already late at night. The driver seemed to be surprised and so I bowed and apologized.

“Is this far from,” and I said where I live and my eyes almost get out its sockets. “I-Is that so? Thank you,” I bowed and walk out the bus. The bus then drove off and I’m left. I looked around the place and it wasn’t a place so familiar. I looked at the time and it’s already eleven in the evening. I sighed. How am I going to go home now? I’m so going to get scolded when I get home. I got my home and checked it and found so many messages, mostly from Baekhyun oppa.

“Where are you?” One message said.

“Yah! Do you have plans on going home? It’s already late missy!” Another said.

“Please answer. You’re getting us worried.” And so on. I bit my lower lip. I went through some messages. I made them all worried again. Sht.

“Hey. Baekhyun hyung texted me. I already told you I’ll bring you home. Where are you?” It was a message from Jongup. I was about to type a reply to Baekhyun oppa when my phone went off. FUDGE. Don’t tell me.

“DAMN!” I screamed to no one. The people who were passing by gave me weird looks and I bowed my head.  “How am I going to go home?!” I said. I stood there hopeless. What should I do? I couldn’t just stand here and wait for a prince charming to come and rescue me.

Just then, someone went by and dropped something. I bent down to get it and return it but that person was already nowhere to be found. I looked at it again and it was just a piece of paper though. I unfolded it to see if it’s something important and found a number. A number. That’s right! I looked around and found a telephone booth. I ran towards it and quickly got in, dropped a coin and dialed the house’s telephone number.

“Yeoboseyo?” OH! It’s Baekhyun oppa!

“OPPA!” I shouted.

“HYOMI! WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT’S FREAKING ELEVEN IN THE EVENING?!” He said and I could say that he was worried and mad. Just then, I heard aunt’s voice asking if it was me and then asked him where I am. She too was so worried.

“Sorry but I missed my stop. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I’m already here in this unknown place,” I uttered playing with the wire of the telephone. It was silent on the other line so I decided to talk. “Are you still there?” I asked.

“Ok. Tell me what place you are now,” he asked and I could hear scrambling sound at the background. I looked around for any signage and found one. I told him it and his voice raised again. “WHAT?!” He said making me wince. “How the heck did you reach that far?” He said.

“I-I don’t know,” I said. I heard him sigh.

“I’ll call Kai. He lives nearby. Go to the stop where you got off. I’ll tell him to go there and I’ll just follow, ok?” He said and I nodded though I know he couldn’t see me.

“Neh. Mianhae oppa,” I said head hung low.

“It’s ok. We couldn’t do anything. I’ll hung up now. Don’t leave ok?” He said and I nodded again.

“Yes. Thank you.” I said and then, we both ended the call. I sighed walking out the telephone booth and walking back to the bus stop where I got off. I sat on the steel bench and let out a long sigh.

How did I get here again? Right. I fell asleep and when I woke up, I’m already at this place. Urgh. Pabo Hyomi. Why are you so stupid? Why did you even sleep? Didn’t Daehyun know where I live? Why didn’t he even wake me up?! That guy. He’s so MEAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

“JUNG DAEHYUN YOU ARROGANT, MEAN, SELFISH HUMAN BEING IF YOU ARE EVEN ONE! I HATE YOU!” I shouted. I was lucky that no one paid attention to me and went on to where they are walking to. It was also late so there were no much people walking by. I pouted. I waited for Kai oppa and in a few minutes, I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I stiffened thinking it might be some hobo but when the voice spoke, I let out a sigh of relief.

“OPPA!” I said and felt tears ran down my cheeks as I hugged him.

“Whoah, easy.” He said. I let go and looked down wiping my tears away. I looked at him and found that his hair was a little bit messy and he looked like he just woke up.

“Sorry if I disturbed you.” I apologized bowing.

“It’s ok. Before anything, let’s go to my house. It’s getting cold out here. Here, wear this,” he said handing me a sweater. I bowed a little and wore it. “Let’s go. Hyung might be here in a few.” He said and I nodded.

Daehyun’s POV

I put my hands in my pockets. Arrogant, mean selfish? Then I should’ve left you in the bus and not follow you until here. Damn. What got into me for me to follow you here? I’m so stupid. I hid behind a post, waiting if someone would pick you up and what you could say is that I’m arrogant, mean, and selfish? Of course you don’t know. Oh sht.

I sighed. This won’t do. I waited until someone finally picked her up and surprisingly, it was Kai. She hugged him and there’s this weird feeling in me that I couldn’t explain. The same feelings when she’s too close to Jongup to Zelo to Himchan to anyone. I didn’t want to awknowledge it because I think it’s just no good. As soon as they left, I stepped out of my place and watched them walk away.

“I think I’ve already paid what I owe you. That’s enough.” I thought before yawning and walking to Yongguk hyung’s place since I know it’s already so late and Yongguk hyung’s place is the nearest.

Yoo Hyomi. What are you doing to me? You’re making me do things but how much I wanted to regret it, I just couldn’t.

Hyomi’s POV

We walked for a few minutes until we reached a condominium. We went in and took an elevator. We stopped at the third floor and got off.

“Sorry my place is quite messy,” he laughed.

“It’s ok. I should be the one who should say sorry for waking you up,” I said and he just smiled. I love it when he smiles because it was rare. He then entered some code and the door clicked open. We went in. It wasn’t that messy though the shoes by the doorstep were quite messy.  

The place felt cozy. It was just simple. Enough for one guy.

“Are you staying here alone?” I asked and he nodded. I just nodded in return.

“Sit here. Do you want anything to drink?” He asked turning to me. I shook my head.

“It’s ok.” I said. He smiled and nodded. We both sat on the couch. It was quiet but it wasn’t an awkward silence. I looked around the place. There was a picture frame standing on the shelf. I’m pretty sure that it’s their family picture. There’s another picture on the shelf and that I’m sure is the EXO oppas. There were more pictures but there were also some frames with medals and a a part of the shelf was occupied by a big trophy.

“Oppa,” I said. He turned to me. “Did you win that?” I asked turning to him. He looked at the trophy and nodded. “I won in a few years back with a friend of mine.” He said and I nodded.

“No wonder. You’re so good in dancing!” I said and he smiled.

“Thanks.” He said and I just smiled back. There was moment of silence again. I didn’t know what else to say so I just kept quiet. I’m sure if Ah Neul is with us, she’ll be so happy. Oh. Remembering about it, I have something to ask.

“Oppa,” I called. “Can I ask something?” I asked and he nodded.

“What?” He asked.

“Why did you and Ah Neul came together last time?” I asked.

“When?” He asked.

“You know, when we thought Lay and Himchan oppa were fighting,” I said.

“Oh, that,” he said. “I followed her to the library to return her pen. She dropped it when she left us,” he said and shrugged.

“Oh,” I said.

“Why?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Nothing. Just wanted to know since Ah Neul didn’t tell me.” I said and he nodded. “Can I another thing?” I asked.

“You have so many questions today, huh but sure, go.” He laughed.

“Sorry but do you have a girlfriend or someone you like right now?” I asked.

“W-What? Why are you suddenly asking me that?” He asked, face pink.

“Nothing. I just want to know. So do you?” I asked smiling.

“Well, I don’t have a girlfriend.” He said.

“Then someone you like?” I asked. He thought for a moment for shaking his head.

“I don’t have either. Why are you interested so much? Don’t tell me you like me?” He said.

“No!” I said.

“I’m just joking Hyomi. You sound so defensive. I’m also not a girl stealer.” He said making me look at him curiously. I’m not a girl of no one for him to steal me, right?

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“What? Did I say something?” He said.

“Yes you did.” I said.

“Oh, don’t mind what I said.” He smiled.

“Tell me. What is it?” I asked.

“It’s nothing.” He said. I sighed. Just then, we heard a knock on the door. “Oh, there he is!” He said and quickly ran to get the door. I followed behind him and saw Baekhyun oppa.

“Hyomi, there you are.” He said. I looked down. I don’t know how to look at him in the eyes.

“Come in first,” Kai said and so we all went back in. We sat on the couch while Kai got a glass of water for Baekhyun oppa since he requested it.

“You know what time is it?” He said and I bit my lower lip.

“Sorry,” I said.

“You always say sorry,” he said. I just didn’t say a word. I’m afraid to say something wrong.

“What are you planning then? It’s already late,” Kai said setting the glass of water in front of Baekhyun oppa. I looked at the clock and it’s already past twelve. There was a moment of silence. Baekhyun oppa drank his water and put the glass down after. He looked at me, I could feel it.

“Can we like stay over for the mean time?” He asked making me look at him.

“Sure but I only have two rooms and one is mine,” Kai said.

“It’s ok. I’ll stay on the couch. We couldn’t possibly go home at this time. I already told my mom about it. I’m just lucky I got to board a bus going here.” He said. I was looking down the whole time.

“Ok. If that’s what you guys want. I don’t mind it. I’ll go prepare the other room,” he said and left us.

“You ok here right?” He asked and I nodded.

“It’s ok. It’s my fault anyway.” I said. I heard him sigh.

“If only I don’t love you, I wouldn’t be going all the way here at this time.” He said. I felt tears on my eyes about to fall. I’m dramatic ok? I admit it.

“Sorry oppa. I promise. This will be the last.” I said hugging him. I felt him hug me back.

“Yeah right. As if I’ll believe you,” he said and then we laughed.

Minutes later, Kai oppa lend me some of his clothes that could fit me. I felt bad. One because I’m disturbing him at this time of the day and second because I know Ah Neul likes Kai oppa but I’m here doing an overnight at his place. We were all done by one in the evening and went to our bed to sleep but I couldn’t because I know Baekhyun oppa is only sleeping on the couch. I then decided to go out and check if he is still awake and he was.

“Why are you still out here?” He asked.

“Uhm. I can’t sleep knowing you’re sleeping on the couch when it’s my fault we had to sleep here. You could just, uhm, occupy the bed.” I said. He laughed.

“It’s ok. But if you want, let’s just share one bed.” He smiled and I almost shot him a glare. “I’m just kidding but I’m that sleeping together wouldn’t be bad either. It’s as if we don’t do it before.” He shrugged. He was right but we’re all mature or at least our bodies are and sleeping together would be uncomfortable somehow. “Just go. It’s ok. Just treat me sometime, ok?” He said and I nodded slowly. I then went back to my room and closed the door. I lie back on the bed.

I wasn’t able to sleep easily because my head was full of thoughts. I’m being so much of a burden. I’m sure of that. I don’t know what to do already. The letters, it wouldn’t stop coming already. The queenkas just looked as if they were not responsible though I’m sure they were since whenever we met by the hallways with no people around, they would glare and snicker at me and mutter some words. It was scary and I wished it was just all a dream but how much I wished it was, it’s still the same. I should’ve followed my plan of going back to Busan but something’s always holding me back and I don’t know what it is. It was a big puzzle to me. It’s so hard to put together.

With all these thoughts in my head, while staring out the window watching the stars twinkle, I slowly drifted to my dreamland hoping tomorrow would be better.


HI! Sorry for the slow updates. I'm having a writers block. I know it's a lame excuse but it's true. I'm trying my best though to make some ideas get out of my head. I hope you wait for me. But I have some teaser! Sehun is coming in a few chapters and I'm sure of it! There will only be around three to four chapters and he'll be entering the story! Please wait for it! THANK YOU!

I LOVE YOU! :)