Friends

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

Shy Boy by Secret


Chapter 65 – Friends

Hyomi’s POV

I woke up feeling a slight headache as the sunlight hit my face. I raised my hand, blocking my eyes from it as I sat up. It was later that I noticed I wasn’t in my room. I began to recall what happened before I fell asleep. Right. I was with him and he just said something I shouldn’t hear and he shouldn't have said. I don’t even know if it was meant for me or he is just really dreaming.

I looked around and stepped out of the bed. It’s funny how I didn’t panic not finding myself on my own room and on my bed. This is probably his house and I’m positive this isn’t his room that was why. The room was close to empty. A spare room, maybe. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. What time is it anyway? There isn’t any clock in the room so I really don’t know what time it was. As I wandered around the room, there was a knock on the door.

“Are you awake yet?” My heart skipped a beat with the voice and I hit my chest. The doorknob slowly twisted and the door opened. He peeked in before he realized where I was. We stared at each other for a while before he stepped in the room.

“G-Good morning,” I said not knowing what to say. He just nods and it was quiet again.

“I hope you don’t mind. I didn’t know how to bring you home,” he said and I hesitated. Should I pretend I’m mad or just act that it was perfectly fine, that I don’t mind because…he’s no different from a friend.

“It was because you let me stay out,” I scoffed and he rolled his eyes.

“Didn’t force you though,” he shrugged and it was my turn to roll my eyes before e both stifle a laugh. I actually have a comeback for it but decided not to because it was too early for another round of bickering and teasing. “Lunch is ready. You might want to wash first,” he inquired and I nodded. I walked out the room and he showed me the bathroom where everything I needed was ready.

“I’ll just take a bath at home so no need for the spare clothes though thank you,” I said and he nodded again before he left.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I cleaned my hair and dried it before combing it. After feeling a little refreshed, I walked out the bathroom to come face to face with his mom who greeted me warmly with a smile.

“Did you have a good sleep?” She asked and I smiled, nodding.

“Neh,” I answered.

“Good. Let’s eat lunch already,” she said with a smile and I followed her to the dining room where Daehyun already sat and was waiting. He looked up at us when he noticed us come. It was awkward as we all sat down and his mom motioned for us to eat already.

I thanked her and picked up my chopsticks, fixing it in my hand before looking at the various dishes set on the table. I actually don’t know what to eat first although my favorite food was one of them. I began to wonder if they always have this much food for lunch or was it because I was here that they decided to add more servings. Aigoo. I’m such a burden.

“The food won’t go to your plate, you know,” Daehyun said and I looked up at him fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

“Daehyun,” his mom said. He didn’t say anything instead, he put food on my plate.

I watched him do that, not blinking. I remembered what he said last night in his sleep and my heart began beating fast. I have the urge to ask him about it but I know it’ll be awkward. If he was sleeping that time, he most likely won’t remember it, right? I snapped out of my trance and fixed my gaze on my bowl of rice.

“Go eat,” he said as he finished and I nodded.

“Thanks,” I said and began eating.

“I heard that it’s your favourite so I hope you like it,” his mom said and I smiled.

“Yes, thank you. I’ll enjoy eating it,” I said and she smiled back. I looked at Daehyun wondering if he was the one who said it but who else would if not him, right? I just shrugged the thought away before focusing on my food.

It was quiet all throughout the meal and after, I offered to wash the dishes as a sign of gratitude but his mom didn’t let me, telling me I’m a visitor. I don’t know if I should insist because it might look rude. I just decided to clean the table and I was glad I was allowed.

Whilst doing it, another rag landed on the table and began wiping it. I looked up and saw Daehyun. I tore my gaze and continued to clean the table. I should really stop doing that. After, I washed the rag and put it back where I got it. I looked at the time and found that it was past one and for sure, they’re probably looking for me at home now.

Looking at his mom who was cleaning the dishes, I bit my lower lip. I don’t know how I would say that I have to leave because it felt wrong leaving after being served by a meal that was cooked for my liking.

“You need to leave already?” I spun around and stepped back to see how close Daehyun was.

“Oh, yeah,” I said and he nodded.

“Mom, Hyomi had to leave already,” he said and I turn to face his mom who dried her hands.

“Already? Ok. You might be looked for at home already. I understand,” she said and I smiled.

“Thank you, Mrs. Jung—“

“Just call me omma,” she said making my eyes wide.

“Mom!” Daehyun said.

“Why? I always wanted a daughter,” she said and pouted that I found ridiculously cute. “It’s okay, right, Hyomi? But if you don't like, it's also ok,” She said turning to me and I reluctantly nodded.

“It’s okay since I’ve not call anyone mom for quite a while now,” I said. Actually, calling someone mom felt really nice especially if that person really treated you as one of them, as if you’ve known each other for a long time, as if you’re blood-related. No one could replace my real mom, though.

“Thank you,” she said and I just smiled. “You should bring her home, Daehyun,” she said.

“It’s okay. I could just walk there alone. It’s just near anyway,” I said and she shook her head.

“I’m sure Daehyun wouldn’t mind so just let him,” she said and I looked at Daehyun whose reaction was unreadable. Not knowing what to say anymore, I just agreed and we both walked out the house.

“Thank you for the meal and for letting me stay for the night, Mrs. – eommonim,” I said and she smiled, nodding. We bowed and left.

The walk was quiet but anytime I could break it with so many questions in my head that I wanted to ask but was hesitating. I looked at him and looked away immediately when he turned my way.

“Thank you for last night,” he said and I looked at him, slightly surprised. He looked at me. “I know how to be thankful, you know,” he said and rolled his eyes. I smirked.

“Oh, really?” I teased and he just snickered. “Anyway, thank you for not leaving me there on the bench when I fell asleep,” I said although I know he shouldn’t really leave me there mainly because he was the reason why I was there.

“It’s nothing,” he said.

“Yah,” I said. “D-Do you talk while you sleep?” I asked and gave him a side glance.

“Why? Did I, last night?” He asked.

“Uhm… Yeah,” I said.

“Maybe,” he answered and shrugged.

“You don’t know?” I said in disbelief. “No one told you?” He just shrugged.

“Why? What did I say?” He asked and my heart started beating faster and my cheeks grew warm.

“N-Nothing.”

Daehyun’s POV

I waited for her answer but she shook her head and said it was nothing. I just nodded and sighed. I looked at her and she just looked down, kicking some rocks that were on the way. I find it cute in some way.

“I have a question,” she said and I looked at her, waiting for her to talk. “Why do you hate me?” That question struck me. I took time before I shrugged.

“Just,” I said.

“What kind of answer it that?” She said.

“You don’t need to know,” I said.

“Why not? You should tell me so I would know if I offended you or something, you know,” she said in a matter of fact. I thought for a while. Should I tell her? She know enough of my past I guess for her to know. But wouldn’t she laugh at me?

“Promise me you won’t laugh, okay?” I said and she looked at me.

“If it’s not funny, then I won’t,” she said and I scoffed.

“Never mind,” I said.

“Yah, ok, I won’t. Tell me now,” she said grinning. I thought for a while before I sighed.

“I once wished to it,” I said and she gave me a ‘what’ face. “The wish flower, I wished to it before but it didn’t come true and left me heartbroken,” I said and I could already see her holding her laughter. I gave her a stern look although my cheeks are turning warm from embarrassment.

“Then what does that… Wait, you saw me that time?” She said stepping in front of me and I gaze at her, nodding.

“Oh… You got mad at me because of that?” She said and I nodded again. She smiled in a teasing way before she burst out laughing. “That’s…too childish, really,” she said laughing.

“I know,” I said looking away. “Stop laughing okay,” I said but she just laughed and teased me repeatedly.

“I never knew you were that childish, Dae,” she said and my heart skipped a beat again. She called me that again.

“Say it again,” I said.

“What? That you are childish? Yes, you are. How could you just hate a person for doing the same thing that left you heartbroken?” She said.

“Aish. It’s because you reminded me of my past, okay? I hoped that by wishing to it, dad will come back, but he didn’t,” I said and caught myself off-guard. Slowly, her laughter died down and she looked apologetic. I bit my lower lip. “Stop looking at me like that.”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to,” she said.

“It’s okay. It’s the past,” I said.

“Then,” she said.

“Then?”

“Is it over?”

“Over? What?”

“Battle,”

“Battle?” I said before I could even think about it. I looked at her and she was waiting for an answer. “If I say yes, it means I lost, right?” I said and she tapped her chin, thinking.

“Let me think… It’ll be a waste so maybe…” she grinned.

“No. I won’t be your slave. Never,” I said walking past her.

“It won’t hurt being my slave, I promise,” she said and I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t care. You lost way before, you know,” I said although I know I lost too long before.

“Yah! That isn’t counted,” she whined.

“It is,” I said.

“No,”

“Yes,”

“No,”

“Yes so you can’t do anything about it. It’s either you forget about it or we’ll just leave it like that,” I said.

“You’re okay to just forget about it?” She asked. In pure honesty, I’m ready to forget about it. First because I know it was a product of my childish mind to hate her and another because… I like her.

“Yes,” I said and she pout her lips.

“Ok. Fine. I’m tired anyways,” she shrugged. “Although it ended no fun, friends?” She said putting her hand out. I looked at it then at her before taking it. She smiled and I fought back the urge to smile too. “Let’s not tell the others though,” she said after we let go of the handshake.

“Why?”

“I want to pull a little prank,” she said and I smirked.

“Wow, you’re one girl, huh,” I said and she grinned.

“You’re not one bad of a guy after all. You just really act like a jerk sometimes.”

“Do you have to bring that up?”

“I think.”

“Whatever.” She laughed and I shook my head in disbelief with a small smile. It felt nice, really. Soon, we reached their house’s gate but was surprised on who was there.

Oh Sehun.

Hyomi’s POV

“What were you doing with him?” He said as we sat in his car.

“I just…met him while jogging this morning and was invited to eat at their house.”

“You’re lying,” he said and I bit my lower lip. “What’d I tell you about him?”

“He’s my friend. I don’t think there’s something wrong with that,” I said and calling him a friend for the first time felt nice.

“A friend? I thought you hate each other,” he said and right then, I didn’t like how he was acting.

“We made up for it. What’s up with it anyway? Why are you so mad about it?” I said.

“I don’t like him,” he said.

“For what reason?”

“Just because.”

“What the, give me a reason and I’ll decide if I should follow you or not,” I said and looked at him, waiting for him to talk.

“I’m afraid he’ll steal you from me,” he said and I don’t know whether to get mad or not.

“You know he won’t,” I said touching his hand on his lap. He looked at me and I assured him with a smile.

“I trust you, not him,” he said.

“Then trust me that I won’t let myself be taken by him,” I said and I don’t know if I should’ve said that. He sighed. “Let’s drop it, okay?” I said and he nodded.

“Ok. Sorry. I sound so obsessive, don’t I?” he said and I shook my head. He slightly smiled. I smiled and there was a moment of silence before he turned to me. “So, about going to America,” he said.

“I’m not sure. I’m going to talk about it with aunt and uncle later,” I said and he nodded.

“Tomorrow, then?” He said.

“Yeah,” I said.

“You should go in. They’ve been looking for you,” he said and I nodded. I opened the door and was about to walk out when he held my hand. I looked back and he leaned in, surprising me with a kiss on the lips. It lasted for some seconds before we moved away. He smiled and I smiled back. I got off and closed the door.

I waved and watched him drove away. After his car was far, I sighed. I touched my chest where my heart was and bit my lip.

“Why does it feel different?”


Hi! As promised, another update! :)

Please look forward to the next chapter! I hope I won't disappoint you. Hint: America

Thank you! :)