Questions... Never-ending Questions

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

Standing With U - Boyfriend


 

Chapter 74 – Questions… Never-Ending Questions

Hyomi’s POV

I took a good few seconds to breathe in and then smiled. We’re now back in Seoul, South Korea, our beloved mother land. With one of my hands pulling my luggage and one holding onto Sehun’s hand, we walked out the arrival area.

“It’s nice to be back, huh?” He said and I glanced up at him and he also looked back giving me a heart stopping smile. I nodded returning the smile.

“Yup, very much,” I grinned. “By the way, who’s—“

“HYUNG!”

“SEHUN!”

“HYOMI!”

“Ohmygosh,” I muttered as I heard the familiar voices. I heard Sehun laughing beside me before he tugged on my hand.

“Let’s go before they cause any scene,” he said and I laughed, following him.

“I don’t think they need to. They already caught much attention with their looks whatsoever,” I mumbled and he chuckled.

As we came face to face with them, I was immediately pulled away from Sehun and was engulfed in a big hug.

“HYOMI~ I missed you!” Chanyeol oppa said, hugging me so tight it made it hard to breathe.

“Uh… Me…too… Yeol oppa… but—“ Before I could continue, someone pulled him away.

“Shouldn’t I be the one hugging her first, you happy virus,” Baekhyun oppa said and I let out a big breath. He rolled his eyes at Chanyeol oppa while the latter stuck his tongue out at him.

“But I really did miss you Hyomi-ah,” he smiled and I nodded, smiling back.

“Me too oppa,” I replied and he grinned.

“How about your favourite oppa?” Baekhyun oppa said and I glanced at him, being aware of his presence again.

“Oh, you were there?” I tried to tease and he glared at me.

“Be ready when we get home, Yoo Hyomi,” he said with a hint of threat on his voice and I stuck my tongue out at him. He crossed his arm over his chest like a kid and I can’t help but laugh.

“Ok, cut it. I miss you too oppa,” I said and hugged him. He also hugged me back and after we let go, he was already smiling.

“But still,” he gave me a look and I raised an eyebrow at him. Before I get any answers, a voice interrupted us.

“Someone’s getting jealous here…” Luhan oppa said and I tore my gaze away from Baekhyun oppa and saw Sehun looking around as if the place was so new to him. Some softly laughed while I shook my head, a little smile on my lips. I walked to his side and poked his side, making him jump. As he looked at me, I grinned. He stuck his tongue out.

“Seriously, who’s the girlfriend here?” Kris oppa said and Sehun glared at him.

“I heard that,” Sehun taunted.

“Yeah I know. I said it loud enough, right?” Kris oppa teased and Sehun snickered. He knew not to talk back to Kris oppa.

“Oh, isn’t that Daehyun?” Tao said and I stilled. Sht. I forgot he was with us! I felt Sehun freeze at my side too and I turned to look at him. I held his arm and he looked down at me. I gave him a small smile and a small nod and he sighed.

“Okay okay…” he muttered. I small smile plastered itself on my lips. “D-Daehyun-ssi,” he said but too soft for Daehyun to hear. Luhan oppa, who stood by his side turned to him then to me with a surprised face. I just shrugged with a grin on my face.

“Louder,” I said and he took in a heap of breath before finally shouting his name.

I’m not forcing him or whatsoever. We were able to talk before we left America. We discussed basically how we will live knowing the truth. I told him my opinion about Daehyun being his brother and how he should treat him. He said he would try for his dad and well, I’m not sure what his intention that time was but I don’t want to think of it much, for me.

“Daehyun-ssi!” And right then, Daehyun turned. He looked at Sehun first before his eyes surprisingly landed on me. I don’t know whether to wave or not since I’m still not sure if he’s mad at me so I just looked somewhere else.

“Go,” I softly whispered to Sehun and he turned to me, shock registering his face.

“Are you serious?” He said and I shrugged.

“For uncle, uhm? But if you really can’t, I understand,” I said and smiled and he thought first before finally giving in. He left my side and walked over to Daehyun.

“Uh… What’s happening?” Jongdae oppa looked at me and I shrugged once again.

“Did something like happen?” Kyungsoo oppa asked.

“Something like that?” I queered.

“Why is he here in the first place, anyway? Did he also go to America—“ Tao oppa stopped as he realized what he said. “HE…HE DID?!” Before I could answer, Sehun came back with Daehyun walking beside him. He was wearing his mask again.

“Hey,” the guys greeted and he gave nod.

“What are you doing here? Did you spend your vacation in another country…alone?” Yi Xing oppa said as I watched them.

“Something like that… Just fixed some things,” Daehyun answered and the guys made an ‘o’.

“Then are the BAP guys coming to fetch you or you want to come with us?” Kris oppa asked in a very brotherly manner.

“No, it’s okay. They’re coming. In fact—“

“HYUNG!” Zelo’s voice boomed.

“..they’re here. Yeah,” Daehyun said and I can’t help but bit back a smile at his reaction. It was…cute.

Wait. Did I just say that? Wake up Hyomi! Darn it. Here I go again with praising him silently and my heart would all do flip-flops later on and and…just stupid.

“Oh hey EXO hyungdeul,” Zelo said noticing them. “Oh, noona! Annyeong!” He grinned widely and I smiled back.

“Hi there, Zelo,” I smiled.

By the time I said that, all the BAP members arrived and it seemed as if this was some sort a reunion. People started looking at us whether it was because there were too many boys or because they were all handsome. Maybe both. Or simply because were too noisy.

“Why did you just—Oh, you guys are here too,” Yongguk oppa said and when he finally sets his eyes on me, he smiled. “Hey Hyomi.” I waved a little.

“Hi,” I greeted back. The rest of the BAP guys gave me a small nod and a smile. I noticed someone missing though and I scanned them only to figure out that it was Youngjae. I don’t know but I immediately felt worry. I quickly shook it away.

“He might just be in his vacation still,” I thought to myself. The guys exchanged greetings too and conversed for a little.

“How did it go?” Jongup asked as he approached me.

“You know?” I asked softly looking around.

“Yeah, kind of. We all know I guess,” he shrugged and I nodded.

“How should I say it…” I puffed my cheeks thinking. “Fifty-percent?” I said and he chuckled, ruffling me hair. “Yah!”

“Missed it I guess,” he grinned and I snickered at him but later on joined him on chuckling. “I’ll just wait ‘til later then,” he smiled and I nodded, smiling.

“Better yet,” I said.

“I guess we’re going now,” Himchan oppa said and we bid bye to each other.

As we did, I felt a pair of eyes on me so I turned and saw Daehyun looking at me. I couldn’t read his eyes and I hate that feeling. I blinked and as soon as I opened my eyes, he wasn’t looking anymore. I began to wonder if he really even looked at me. I shrugged the thought away. I shouldn’t think of that kind of stuff too much. Yeah.

But I can’t help it when he always makes a way to conjure in my mind.

No One’s POV

As they all parted ways and went home, Daehyun got to remove his mask. It was oddly quiet as they made way to the car that Himchan got.

“Tired?” Yongguk asked as he helped Daehyun with his things.

“Yeah,” he said. Yongguk and Daehyun both pushed the trunk close before they went to their respective seats inside the car. Daehyun closed his eyes as soon as he got in the car and let his mind relax for a bit before opening it again.

“Where’s Youngjae?” He asked, noticing his best friend’s nowhere around.

“He said he has some things to do. Probably school works again since school’s starting in a week,” Himchan said as he started the car. Although it was weird since it was too late to do such things, Daehyun just slowly nodded before leaning back on the seat. He was too drained out to think of anything just yet and a little later did he fell asleep.

He woke up with someone shaking him. He groaned, sitting up properly. He squint his eyes to the light that hit his eyes as soon as he opened it.

“We’re here,” Jongup said and Daehyun nodded, opening the door and quickly getting out. The guys looked at each other, shaking their heads. Yongguk went down again to help Daehyun unload his things.

“We’ll leave you first to rest. Let’s meet up tomorrow for lunch?” Yongguk suggested and he nodded.

“Yeah, thanks,” he said. Yongguk helped him get his things in and even got to greet Mrs. Jung. He quickly left after and got in the car. Himchan immediately started the car and they left.

“You think something happened between them?” Zelo asked and he received a smack on the head. “OW!” He winced.

“You and your dirty mind,” Jongup muttered.

“What! I didn’t mean it that way. Aish,” Zelo said pouting.

“Ok, stop it,” Yongguk said and the two immediately stopped.

“Maybe they got to talk and Daehyun said something foolish again that’s why he kept on saying sorry in his dreams a while ago,” Himchan said.

“Obviously, he lied to her since that’s what he had been saying in his dreams but what?” Yongguk said in wonder. The others began to think and Zelo snapped his fingers earning the attention of the three other guys.

“Do you think Daehyun hyung…” Zelo said and the guys leaned in to listen except Himchan who had his eyes on the road. “…said he was a gay so that he could take back what he just said?” That earned him another smack on the head, harder this time. He flinched in pain. “I WAS JUST JOKING!”

No One’s POV

The sky was already filled with stars and Hyomi stared at it from her window. She just woke up an hour before and since she doesn’t feel hungry, she just stayed in her room and did what she was doing now.

“Stargazing here is just really different in America,” she thought to herself and chuckled. Just then, there was a knock on her door. “It’s open,” she said loud enough for the person at the other side to hear. She didn’t tear off her gaze from the sky until the door opened.

“Stargazing?” It was Baekhyun. A smile was plastered on his face as he walked in, closing the door behind him after. Hyomi glanced at him and nodded, smiling.

There was a moment of silence as Baekhyun settled himself opposite Hyomi and they both leaned on the window frame, looking up. No one said a word but savoured the moment of peace. They used to do this when they were kids. They often do it at Hyomi’s house on the rooftop.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Baekhyun asked, turning to look at Hyomi. He didn’t wake her up a while ago knowing how tired she was from the flight.

“Nah. It’s already late, why are you still awake, oppa?” She asked and Baekhyun shrugged.

“Too awake to sleep,” he grinned and Hyomi rolled her eyes.

“Yeah right,” she said and Baekhyun pouted his lips in this adorable way of his. “Uhm… To think of it, I missed seeing your pout and doing this…” Hyomi said and grabbed his cheeks. She started pinching it and Baekhyun yelped in pain.

“A-Ah Ouch! HEY!” Baekhyun slapped her hands away and Hyomi laughed. Baekhyun patted his cheeks with a pout on his face.

“Sorry. I just missed it,” Hyomi smiled mischievously and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Whatever,” he said and Hyomi chuckled. They turned to look at the sky again. “Oh look! A smiley face!” Baekhyun excitedly said, pointing to a spot in the dark sky.

“Which one? That, that, or that?” Hyomi teased although she knew what her cousin was referring too. Since there were unexpectedly many stars in the sky that time, you could just say that each one of them could make a smiley face.

“You know where,” Baekhyun snarled and Hyomi chuckled.

“Kidding,” Hyomi grinned. “Ha… I missed doing this, don’t you, oppa?” Hyomi said and Baekhyun nodded.

“We used to do this with your friends back there too when we have ‘camping’ in your rooftop or with Sehun during vacations,” Baekhyun said and purposely mentioned Sehun’s name to check what reaction she’ll have. Hyomi had a smile on her face as she reminisce the memory and like the drama queen she was, she tear up. “Tell me…”

“Uhm?”

“What happened back there? In full details, please?” Baekhyun requested and Hyomi raised an eyebrow at him.

“Are you serious?” She said and Baekhyun raised an eyebrow too and it was obvious he was.

“Do I look like I’m joking?” Baekhyun said and she cleared , feeling embarrassed of some sort. She was just actually trying to avoid the question but she knew she doesn’t have a way out when it comes to her cousin.

“Uhm…”

She recalled what happened in the car a while ago as Sehun started to tell them some of what happened back in America.

Hyomi’s POV

As we settled in the van that was somehow cramped because of how many people are inside, to mention that everyone was also so active even though it was already seven in the evening, Sehun began to tell them what happened in America after being urged to and I don’t think what I know is only what he knows and same to me. I just know.

“…so yeah… That’s it,” Sehun said, leaving the brother part. I’m sure he isn’t ready yet so I’ll leave it that way. They turned to me and I nodded.

“Yeah, that’s it,” I assured them but they looked like they have more questions but nodded anyway.

End of POV

She snapped out of her thoughts when Baekhyun mocked her.

“Uhm?” Baekhyun imitated her, prodding her to start the story already.

“I don’t think I should be saying this but…” she bit her lower lip.

“I’m not forcing you to tell something if you’re so uncomfortable with it… Just that I feel as if you are troubled. You know, cousin’s instincts?” Baekhyun said shrugging and Hyomi smiled.

“I know. Honestly… The stay there was not all fun but still, I enjoyed the few days I spent with them.” Shr muttered before she snapped hrt fingers and faced him. “Oh! I also met Donggeun oppa and we spent a day or two together, him taking me to Disney Land and such,” she said nodding, getting a little excited while telling him but he just chuckled. She grinned.

“Anything else?” He asked and I stuck my lower lip out, thinking whether or not tell him. I glanced at him and he was looking straight at me, waiting for an answer. I looked away and up at the sky. I could trust him, right? He’s my cousin after all and all my life, I trusted him. At least most of the time I do.

“Oppa,” I started and he nodded, letting me continue. “I have a question.”

“What?” He asked. I bit my lower lip in thought before sighing.

“What...” I hesitated but continued anyways, “…will you do if you’re stuck between choosing a person?”

“I can’t understand,” he replied. I sighed. “Are you saying that what I will do if I would choose who is more important?”

“It’s not that… Uh… Like, you should really choose just one person and doing so could hurt the other,” she said and Baekhyun thought of it, trying to understand what his cousin was trying to say.

“Then just don’t choose anyone between them, if you really don’t want to hurt either of them,” he said.

“But what if you should really choose one and you can’t say no,” she said.

“Uhm…” Baekhyun bit his lower lip in thought. “Choosing between two persons? Daehyun and Sehun? Probably.” He thought. “Tell me, are you referring to them?” He said looking at her.

“Them?” She said.

“You know, those two guys,” he said. Hyomi her lips and Baekhyun concluded he was right.

“As far as I know them, I know that whoever you choose between them they would understand,” he said and she sighed. She knows that too but even so, she knows they would still hurt. “Have you like chosen already?”

“Oppa,” Hyomi gave him an incredulous look.

“What? I’m just asking,” Baekhyun said. Hyomi sighed. She was too confused to answer. “Let’s try sorting things out then.”

“How?” She asked facing him.

“Questions. I’ll ask you questions and you should answer it truthfully,” he said and Hyomi thought for a while. She took a heap of breath and nodded. It won’t hurt trying.



 

HI GUYS!

I'm really sorry for just updating now. /bows/

Too busy with school again because it's our last quarter.

I was supposed to update last Friday but I was getting ready for DKFC. And yes. I SAW EXO. HEARD THEM SING LIVE. AND DANCE WITH MY OWN TWO EYES. THEY WERE SO FCKING HANDSOME AND TALENTED. They deserve all the love and support, I tell you guys.

I can't stop spazzing after the concert. I just really won't forget that day. It was like a dream come true. It was just sad I wasn't able to take good photos. ;_; But everything, the wait, the leg and back pain were all worth it. :)

Ok. I'll stop spazzing here. Sorry for it. 

I'll type the next chapter and try updating again later to make it up to you guys. :)

This is one of the photos I got but still, it's blurred. ;_;

I LOVE YOU GUYS! <3