12 VS 6

Wishing Upon A Flower

March KPOP Mash-up by SHIMMixes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epQQQUjuKJI&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLAPYTsFb9B3rvDSGvAC5Qkw

*I can't get the embed so I'll post the link for now.* :)


Chapter 16 – 12 VS 6

Daehyun’s POV

We were at the backstage. Zelo and Jongup kept peeking out as EXO was performing. I just stood by the side, leaning on the wall, revising our steps. I can’t go wrong. One mistake and it’s done.

“Oh! Hyomi, she’s there!” Jongup beamed. I didn’t pay much attention but with what Zelo said, I finally looked at them.

“But who’s that guys? The girly and the opposite?” Zelo said. I was curious yet I held myself back. That girl, she’s a playgirl, isn’t she?

“What now? You’re thinking she’s somesort of a playgirl?” I looked up to see Yongguk hyung. I just looked away. “When I see you with girls I’ll also say you’re a playboy then.” He said and I gazed at him. He smirked as he leaned next to me.

“I don’t care.” I said and he scoffed.

“I don’t care, I don’t care, I don’t care. Do you think I’ll believe you?” He said and I rolled my eyes.

“Think whatever you want hyung. I’m not interested in her. That memory, she just made me remember it and it hurts.” I said and I heard ihm sigh.

“How many times—“ I cut him off immediately.

“I know. You don’t have to repeat it to me. It’ll take time so please, hyung, give me that oppurtunity.” I said and he slowly nodded.

“Enjoy today’s performance, eo?” He said patting me on the shoulder. I nodded. I fixed my face mask just in time when Exo went back to the backstage. Jongup and Zelo who was looking out immediately stood beside Youngjae and Himchan hyung. They had smiles on their faces as they walked in. They barely gave us attention as they walked their way back to their assigned room but I heard their conversation clearly.

“You saw Hyomi?” Kyungsoo said.

“Of course!” Luhan said proudly.

“How can’t you? As soon as you stepped on stage, you were already looking for her!” Minseok said.

“Yah, hyung, stop hitting on my girlfriend!” Baekhyun said and Luhan snickered.

“Girlfriend my face.” He said earning a smack from Minseok.

“You want to get into a fight?” Kris scoffed and Luhan sneered.

“Fine.” He whined. Their voices echoed in the hall until they entered their room. Jongup scoffed while I had my mind off somewhere.

“Now, they’re stealing each other’s girlfriend?” Himchan hissed. “They’re worst than I thought.”

“Just don’t mind them. That’ll distract you later.” Yongguk hyung said.

“Yeah. I won’t let them win. I’ll definitely show them whose the boss.” Himchan hyung said in a fierce way but then his lips crept to a smile a little after. “She’s there so I need to do my best.” He earned a smack from Jongup this time.

“Stop hitting on my bestfriend!” He said that made me raise my eyebrow.

“Bestfriend?” We chorused.

“Yeah, why? You know it, right?” Jongup said. I rolled my eyes and looked away. Best friend.

The next contestant to EXO stepped on stage. They performed for five minutes and as they bowed to the crowd, I felt my heart beat racing since it’s our turn. He put our hands over each other’s and cheered.

“Uri BAP!” Yongguk hyung said.

“Hwaiting!” We said altogether and that was when we were called on stage.

The lights were off as we walked to our position. We made sure that our mask was on position so that we won’t have problems when dancing. We were wearing loose pants and a white t-shirt beneath our jackets that has the same color as the mask we wear in school. We wore another mask that covered our faces which is colored white. We would be wearing that for the first minute of our presentation and will be removing it after.

The music started and a spotlight was focused on us. As Zelo did a little freestyle, we were slowly raising our heads and as I did, my eyes immediately spotted Hyomi. She was standing almost near the stage and her position is aligned to mine. I tried to ignore her. She was cheering too, unlike what I thought.

“Jongup!” She cheered. Of course the rascal was smiling. No need to confirm it by removing his mask or what. It was obvious. Too obvious. Ok, do I sound jealous? Urg. I’m not, ok?! Luckily I’m wearing a mask or else they will notice my agitated face.

Our fans were cheering so loud that it gave me moree strength to perform. I don’t know but I kept on looking at her.

“Stop it Daehyun. Stop looking at her for goodness sake!” I kept saying to myself but it was of no use.

“Focus, focus.” I said to myself. The first minute of the song ended and the music changed to a strong but slow song. The people started screaming more.

Our masked today is different from our everyday use. It was of different designs to convey ourselves more. I looked at Hyomi again and she has smile on while watching though she wasn’t shouting unlike the others. Don’t she like it already that’s why she’s not shouting? Oh please Daehyun! Why would you even care?! Suddenly, she turned to my direction making me gasp and unfortunately made one step wrong but I quickly got back to the dance. Damn it!

Hyomi’s POV

BAP’s already performing. They were amazing, like EXO oppas. It’s the first time I see them dancing so I was so astonished. When the spotlight focused on them when their song started, they were looking down except for one member who I can’t recognize because of the mask they were wearing. But the colored jackets gave clues to me. I looked for a green jacket and I found Jongup standing behind the guy wearing the blue jacket. Oh, is that Zelo? Whoah! He’s good! I was cheering for the first minute but when the crowd went louder, I decided to keep quiet. The shouts went louder when they removed the mask covering their faces. I laughed. I bet they thought they would reveal their faces already. I watched them all. I’m not familiar with all of them but I definitely met all of them already personally except for one. The guy wearing the red-jacket or their leader, if I’m not mistaken.

“They’re good.” JR said and I nodded.

“I didn’t know too.” I said and they smirked.

I was watching them when I met eyes with a particular guy, a guy wearing the white jacket. My eyes furrowed for a while. White jacket? AH! MR. Arrogant! He danced at the back. I was surprised when he suddenly did a different step with the rest. Wait. Did he forget the step? I felt nervous inside since I know they worked hard for this. I hope no one noticed it. I looked around and the crowd was still screaming so I think no one noticed it. Luckily, it was not that noticable.  

Soon, their performance ended and they bowed. I noticed Jongup’s eyes smile to my direction and I returned a smile too. I also noticed the guy wearing a pink jacket look at me and his eyes were a little curved. The pink jacket gave me the hint on who he is like how the others were. I don’t know but I slightly bowed with a small smile. I still owe him for rescuing me from the queenkas. Did I just say I owe him? Ohmy. *facepalm*

Just then, the last member followed the others off the stage and his eyebrows obviously furrowed and as he turn to me, he was glaring. I raised an eyebrow at him but I slowly softened remembering how he made a small mistake during their performance. I should be happy right but why am I feeling like this?

Baekhyun’s POV

“You were so noisy a while ago hyung!” I said remembering what happened at the hallway once we got off the stage. The BAP were watching us even though they pretend they don’t.

“Why? It’s as if they would care.” Luhan said.

“Of course they would!” I said, annoyed.

“As I could remember, Hyomi’s friend with them so they would obviously listen.” Minseok hyung said casually.

“Only one, not all of them.” I said.

“Pft. Just don’t mind it. They’re just jelaous we have a muse.” Chanyeol said.

“Actually, I hope they don’t.” I mumbled as I sat on a chair.

“It’s not as if you’re the one the Himchan bastard owes.” Lay said and everyone took notice of how his words turned to pissed. Everyone kept quiet after that.

“Let’s ask Hyomi to come here.” Tao suddenly said and everyone nodded. I grabbed my phone and started texting her because for sure, we won’t understand each other because of the loud music and the loud shouts. I sent the text in a minute and I got a reply in no time.

“No. You’ll just tease me. :(“is her reply. I chuckled and the others peered over to my phone and they started chuckling and smirking.

“What should I say?” I asked.

“ a bit.” Kyungsoo said laughing. I then texted a reply and sent it to her. In a few minutes, I got a reply.

“You guys are so mean. I know. I’ll keep my promise of granting a wish. Aish. Am I even a fairy? >_<”All of us laughed.

“Let her go. Let’s meet her after the competition.” Suho hyung said and I nodded typing another reply.

“Ok. Be sure with that. We’ll meet you after the show. Pray that we win ;)”I texted and sent her the message. A minute later, I received another reply.

“Yup. I’m not like you. :P Yeah, I would. You all did great, tell the other oppas! :)”I smiled with her reply and put my phone in my pockets.

“Hyomi said we did great.” I said and they smiled.

“We should! We poured all our efforts out to make her impressed!” Kai said and everyone nodded. We took some snacks until we waited for us to be called on stage for the awarding. I hope we win.

No One’s POV

The last performers finished their dance. The people were given one circle sticker each and they would stick it on who they think did the best. It was already Hyomi’s turn with Jonghyun and Ren to stick the sticker on their bets. Jonghyun and Ren put theirs on EXO who obviously have so many votes. She bit her lip as she looked at EXO’s then at BAP’s side of the board. She was confused on who to pick since both groups did great. Everyone actually did but these two were closest to her heart. She can’t make a wrong choice because the stickers cost thirty percent of each group’s score.  

“Aren’t you going to put that on EXO?” Jonghyun asked nodding his head to EXO’s board.

“Uhm…” Hyomi mumbled.

“Uhm?” Ren said. Hyomi sighed and stick the sticker on one of the board hoping she won’t regret it. She knows it was the best.

Some special guests performed as the staffs started to count the votes and the scores from the judges. It took twenty minutes until the host appeared on stage again, making the crowd scream again their bets. Hyomi kept quiet though as she’s feeling so nervous. She didn’t even notice that she was holding her breath all the while if Jonghyun and Ren didn’t nudge her.

“And the champion goes to,”

Drumrolls.

Hyomi held her breath once more. The host had a shocked façade for a second before he drew the mic in front of his mouth again.

“The first in our dance competition’s history,” The host said making people start whispering. She could hear the creepy but amusing voices of the fans as they whisper the group they like while she looked down, eyes shut tight, fingers crossed, hoping that what she did isn't a wrong choice. And then there, the host announced the winners with a blast of confetti while the fans shouted in happiness while Hyomi froze on her position, feeling tears on her eyes. Her lips drew to a smile and she started clapping.

“I'm glad I made the right choice.”


A little cliffhanger? Who's team are you on? Team EXO or Team BAP?