May The Best Win

Wishing Upon A Flower


Chapter 15 – It Has Begun

The hours of nonstop practice ended and they prepared to leave. It was already twelve midnight. Hyomi felt embarrassed since she fell asleep midst their practice but her oppas assured her that it was okay. They parted ways as soon as they got out of the building and went home to their respective houses. Hyomi walked with Baekhyun to the bus stop but she held her head low, still ashamed.

“Yah, we said its ok. Besides, it’s also late. We should thank you for ordering food for us a while ago.” Baekhyun oppa said.

“But still, it’s so embarrassing. I was there to watch and not to sleep. Pabo me.” Hyomi said and Baekhyun chuckled.

“How about we eat before going home?” Baekhyun said and Hyomi gave her a queer look.

“It’s already past midnight oppa! We should go home. Auntie and uncle might be worrying about us now.” Hyomi said and Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“C’mon. It’s just for a while. Let’s go to Hongdae and have a little fun, eo?” Baekhyun said grabbing her hand and ran to the bus stop. The bus they were waiting for arrived and they got in, seating at back.

“Are you sure about this? Because you know, it’s already late plus, you should be resting, you still have practice tomorrow.” Hyomi insisted.

“It’s ok. Being Hongdae is having rest also! I’m hungry too so I want to grab something. Don’t worry. We won’t take long, so please?” Baekhyun said and Hyomi sighed.

“Fine. An hour would be enough, ok?” Hyomi said and Baekhyun smiled nodding. They reached Hongdae in less than half an hour since it was just near and the road was almost empty.

They walked around, looking for a please to eat at until they spotted a pochamacha (Tent Restaurants). They decided to eat there. Settling on a table, they talked about what to order.

“I’m not hungry so I’ll just take a plate of ddukbokki.” Hyomi casually replied and Baekhyun nodded. He ordered jjajangmyun for himself and ddukbokki for Hyomi. They waited for a few minutes until their food arrived and they started eating.

Hyomi’s POV

“So how’s your promise? Have you got some friends to come on Sunday?” Baekhyun oppa said making me gasp.

“It’s…good.” I said and he chuckled.

“You haven’t got one yet?” He asked looking at me and I nodded sheepishly.

“But I’ll get ten, I promise you!” I said and he just reached for my hair and ruffled it.

“Yeah, right. If you say so.” He said and continued eating.

“Are you going to leave early tomorrow?” I asked and he shook.

“After lunch.” He replied and I nodded. “Why?” He asked.

“Nothing. Because I’m sure you won’t be able to wake up early because we’ll all be sleeping late.” I said and he nodded. He was eating the noodles on his food and was almost slurping it. I told him it was disgusting and he just grinned but his eyes widened suddenly and his face turned serious. “Are you ok?” I asked, worriedly. He chewed his food and drank all his water.

“Are you done?” He asked and I turned to my food. One last and I’m done. I ate it before I nodded.

“Yeah, why? Let’s go?” I asked but his food was still not finished. He nodded as he got his bag on his shoulder.

Though I’m confused, I just nodded and stood up and he protectively held my hand tight as we walked out. As soon as we got out and had walked a little far from the restaurant, he loosened his hold on me.

“Is something wrong?” I asked and he shook his head with a small smile.

“Nothing. I just thought it’s getting late so we should go.” He said but it was vague. I gave him a queer look but he just smiled at me. “Let’s go! We still need some energy for tomorrow!” He said pulling me to the bus stop. Ok. Now, he’s being so weird.

We rode in the bus and in an hour, we reached our place. We got our shoes off and went to our rooms. I washed before changing into some comfortable clothes before going to sleep. As I got on my bed, I can’t seem to sleep though I feel so sleepy. I stared at my ceiling until I remembered my promise.

“How could I bring ten people to the competition? I tried asking some but they said they are busy. What am I going to do?” I slept thinking of people back in my hometown who could possibly come until I finally drifted to sleep.

The next morning, I was awaken with my phone ringing. I lazily grabbed it and answered the call.

“HYOMI! You awake yet?” It was Baekhyun oppa. I groaned and sat up.

“Uhm,” I mumbled too lazy to talk.

“Go get your out your bed. It’s already past lunch time.” He said and my eyes widened. I turned to the clock and it was already two o’clock in the afternoon.

“Omo. Why didn’t you wake me up!” I said and I heard him laugh.

“You were sleeping peacefully so I didn’t want to wake you up. There’s some food left there. Omma and appa left to meet some friends. I’ll be back in the evening so you don’t have to wait for me. You could cook yourself anyway, right?” He said and I unconsciously nodded.

“Yeah. I got it.” I said.

“Araso. I’ll end the call now. Annyeong!” He said and before I knew it, he had ended the call. I put my phone away. I got up from my bed and went down the stairs. I walked to the dining room and there, I found some food on the table. I garggled first before I started to eat. After finishing, I walked to the living room to watch TV since I have nothing else to do. As I sat on the couch, I found something stuck on the coffee table.

“Are you just going to watch? Remember, you still have a promise to fulfill princess. – Prince oppa” My shoulders deflated. I facepalmed myself. Ok. I get it. Today’s not my free day. I went up to my room and got my phone. I sat on my bed and started scanning my phone.

“Busy, busy, busy, busy.” I said as I read the contact name. I sighed. I’m loosing hope slowly but I shouldn’t give up. I tried calling one of my friends and luckily, he answered.

“Yes! You answered!” I said and I heard him laugh.

“You’re weird Hyomi. What’s with the call?” He said from the other end.

“Haha. Sorry. I’m just happy but Min, are you free tomorrow? Can you go here in Seoul?” I asked and had my fingers crossed. It was quiet from the under line for a while before I heard mumbling sounds.

“Ok. Sure. But why?” He asked and I almost leap from happiness.

“THANK YOU MIN! YOU’RE THE BEST BEST FRIEND EVEEEEEER!” I said and he chuckled.

“Yeah right. Like you don’t have the Sehun guy.” He said.

“Baekhyun oppa and his group have a competition tomorrow and I need to bring people to be their audience as promise.” I said.

“Oh, what time will it be?” He asked.

“Seven in the evening. Please come! PLEASE! I’m already BEGGIIIIIIIIINGGGGGG YOUUUUUUUU.” I said and he groaned.

“Ok, ok. Stop screaming. You’re hurting my ears.” He said and I screamed but I immediately covered my mouth.

“Sorry.” I grinned. I heard him sigh. “Oh, can you bring the others tomorrow?” I asked.

“Wait. I’ll ask them.” He said and covered the receiver so it was quiet for a while but I could here some noise of shouting. I even heard my name being called out and it made me laugh. A little after, it was quiet again and Min had uncovered the receiver. “They couldn’t come except for Jonghyun hyung.” He said and I was saddened for a bit but still, I’m happy since I have two people to come already.

“It’s ok. I understand. I’ll be waiting for you guys, ok?! Where should we meet anyway?” I asked.

“Coffe Time? The one at Myeongdeong.” He said.

“Ok. I’ll be there at six.” I replied.

“Alright.” He replied.

“I’ll hang up now. I still need to call some people so yeah, I’m looking forward on meeting you guys again! BYE!” I said.

“Yup, us too. Bye!” He said and we both ended the call. I was able to breathe normally after but I still have to get eight people to come. This is tiring but I can’t break my promise. I don’t even know what they will ask me when I won’t be able to bring ten people. I also have some pride. It’ll be embarrassing if I won’t be able to keep my promise since I’ve been so confident telling them I could do it. Lesson learned: don’t be so confident always. *facepalm*

No One’s POV

An hour left and the program would start. EXO and BAP got ready in their respective rooms. EXO was refreshing their steps and said some notes about this and that. They were confident but the nervousness they feel makes their stomach be filled with butterflies.

BAP, on the other hand, tried to relax themselves. Jongup couldn’t stop pacing back and forth. Zelo gave him a pat on the shoulder to give some encouragement. Since Jongup had this hard back flips, the members understands how he couldn’t stay still.

“You can do it. You’re Moon Jongup afterall.” Himchan said, giving him an assuring smile.

“Thanks but that’s not what I’m really thinking of.” He said and the members gave him a queer look.

“Then what?” Youngjae asked.

“I want to win because,” He paused.

“We all want to win.” Yongguk said.

“But I so want to win. I couldn’t lose this contest.” He said.

“Do you have something to tell us?” Zelo asked with a smirk.

“You know, I told Hyomi that if we win, I’ll ask a price from her so we have to win.” He said and the guys hollered except for Daehyun who just rolled his eyes.

“OH, someone’s jealous.” Himchan hyung said and Daehyun shot him a glare. “Whoah, easy dude. I didn’t even say it’s you.” He said and Daehyun felt embarrassed as he looked away. The others laughed.

“Don’t worry hyung. I’ll make sure you’ll also benefit.” Jongup said tapping him on the shoulder.

“Whatever. I don’t care.” Daehyun replied.

“Ok guys. Let’s quit all the bickering. We have a more important business we need to do.” Yongguk hyung said, clapping, catching their attention. “Let’s show them what we’ve worked hard for the past few weeks. Have fun and relax, ok?” He said and everyone nodded. Suddenly, Zelo put his hand in front.

“Uri,” Zelo started and the other smirked joining him.

“That’s my line, maknae.” Yongguk said and Zelo stuck his tongue out.

“Just continue it.” Zelo said and Yongguk smirked.

“B A P!” He said as he put his hand over Zelo’s hand and the others followed as they shouted alltogether.

“YES SIR!” They shouted. Suddenly, there was a knock on their door and a staff went in.

“Ten more minutes and it’s your turn.” She said before leaving. Their hearts seemed to beat faster than it had been for a long time. They looked at each other with determined faces before they checked on everything needed and waited for their turn on the limelight.

The EXO guys were in their room as well, getting ready since they’re about to perform any minute. All of them were nervous, of course but they tried to relax.

“Hyung, has Hyomi come?” Tao asked and Baekhyun shrugged.

“I don’t know. She hasn’t called me yet.” He said looking at his phone.

“Has she got ten people to come?” Kris asked and Baekhyun grinned looking at Luhan. The two smirked.

“No.” They both said and the others cheered.

“Oh yeah! We get to ask something from her!” Kai said.

“What did you do?” Suho asked furrowing his eyebrows on the two culprits. They grinned.

“Secret. I have some connections.” Baekhyun said and Luhan nodded.

“If Hyomi knows what you did,” Lay said as he shook his head.

“Just be happy ok?” Luhan soffed.

“Ok, ok! Let’s not forget our reason why we’re here! We need to show them what we got and win! Got it?!” Kris said and everyone nodded. Taking time to relax themselves. Someone knocked on their door and they all turned to see a staff.

“Get ready. You’re next.” She said before leaving them. As soon as she closed the door, the twelve of them faced each other and did their signature cheer.

“We are one! We are EXO!” They shouted. They made sure they’re all set before they walked out to meet BAP on the hallway. They gave each other hard stares. Chanyeol stepped out and said what he told them the other day.

“May the best contestant win.” He said and after, the EXO left for the stage. The BAP felt tensed but the managed to compose themselves and walked to the backstage.

Hyomi’s POV

I fanned myself as I stood with Min and Jonghyun near the stage since it was almost jampact with so many people. They weren’t any chairs to sit on so basically, you would have to stand until the end of the program if you really want to watch. I’m still disappointed to the fact that I wasn’t able to bring ten people and I bet the oppas would be happy since they could ask anything they want. I sighed with the thought. If you’re wondering how many I got to bring, it’s a pity but I couldn’t do anything. I got to bring nine people. I know, just one more. I’m disappointed so much but I need to get over it and enjoy the program. The other seven people were just around the huge hall while some stood not far from us. Jonghyun and Min is my closest among them that’s why I was with them.  

“Is it Baekhyun hyung who’s going to perform?” Jonghyun or JR as we call him, asked. I nodded.

“Are you nervous about them or of something else?” Minki, or simply Ren, asked.

“Both? I don’t know. You know about the promise right?” I said and they both nodded.

“That’s alright. I’m sure they would understand.” JR said patting me on the shoulder.

“Yeah. I hope so.” I said. Suddenly, the lights went off and the crowd started cheering. I didn’t know it was like this since it’s the first time I went to this kind of contest though I have watched some dance contest in school but this is louder than it. A spotlight was lit on the host of the program.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen! We welcome you to the yearly dance battle and this year’s theme is, Get Your Swag on and Groove to the Beat of Your Heart!” He shouted and everyone started shouting crazy that I was forced to cover my ears. Ren did the same while JR just laughed at us. “Whoah, so many people came today. Are you all ready to witness your favorite group groove to the beat of their hearts?!” He shouted. It sounded a little corny but it surely made the crowd go hysterical. “Ok people. Keep yourself calm. Now, I’ll say all our contestants name and cheer for the group you go for, ok?” He said. Instead of a yes, the mob just scream their lungs out that made me facepalm. Is this their first time watching?!

The host started saying the contestants name and I was waiting for two groups to be called out. EXO and BAP. But I’m hesitant to cheer because EXO oppas told me to cheer for them and only them but I couldn’t neglect BAP since Jongup’s there and they’re my schoolmates afterall.

“What’s Baekhyun hyung’s group name?” Ren leaned to me.

“EXO!” I said and he nodded. Just then, EXO’s name were said and guess what, the hall vibrated from the strong impact of the people’s shout but I was one of them, shouting as if I’m going to die. Jonghyun and Ren also joined us.

 “How about BAP?!” He shouted and my eyes widened. I don’t know how to react but I ended up shouting as well and the two gave me weird looks. Like EXO’s, the hall received the same impact and the host just needed to stop everyone.

“You know them too?” JR asked and I nodded.

“They go to our school also. Actually, I feel bad because EXO oppas told me not to cheer for any other group but one of the members,” I paused when Daehyun corssed my mind. “Is my close friend so yeah. Just don’t tell them.” I grinned and they smirked.

“Ok. We got it.” They both said and we paid attention to the host again. The showdown began and the first group was called on stage to perform. I was nervous all along, praying that they, EXO and BAP, will perform with no mistakes and the crowd would be amused with them. They’ve worked hard for this so I think they deserve something in return though there’s only one who could take the crown home.


Who do you think will win? :D 

Sorry for the lame poster by the way. :)