Happy Birthday

Wishing Upon A Flower

Monday to Sunday by BTOB

 


Chapter 7 – Happy Birthday

 Hyomi’s POV

“Omo. That’s BAP’s maknae!” Ah Neul beamed to me and I just smiled.

“What will I do with him?” I said trying to .

“Yeah. Acting sarcastic eh?” She said and I chuckled. “You saw how the EXO guys looked at him, it’s as if they’re going to eat him alive.” Ah Neul said and I just laughed.

“I already talked to Baekhyun oppa about the BAP guys and I’m sure he already told it to them.” I said putting my tray of food on the table. We settled down and started eating. Just then, students who were passing by caught my attention with what they were saying.

“Yeah, it’s pity he’s not here. I’m sure the queenkas would throw a party for him.” One girl said. I looked at Ah Neul wondering if she heard and know who they were talking about.

“It’s Sehun they’re talking about. It’s his birthday today so yeah.” She said uninterested.

“The queenkas throw parties for him?” I asked curiously and she nodded.

“Not always but they do. They throw a party for a two to three members a year for EXO and two members always for BAP. I don’t even know how they could spend so much money on guys who doesn’t even give attention to them.” Ah Neul said and I just nodded. It somehow made me felt sad knowing I haven’t done such a thing for Sehun. I would just give him a gift and a birthday cake almost every year. Noticing my change of mood, Ah Neul looked at me concerned. “Are you ok?” She asked and I nodded with a small smile.

“I just taught of my bestfriend who’s celebrating her birthday today too.” I said and she smiled.

“Oh. A girl?” She asked and I thought for a while before nodding. I didn’t want to lie but saying that Sehun’s my best friend might just make things worst especially if someone hears us. “Why are you sad then?” She asked.

“I just thought that I’m not a great friend because I’m not able to give her what the queenkas are capable of.” I said and she scrunched up her nose.

“Of course not. It’s better that it’s simple than something extravagant but not with heart. You get what I mean?” She said.

“They do it with a heart right? Not literally.” I said.

“No. It’s not that type. They do it to impress them and make them like them.” She said and I nodded, understanding. She smiled and we continued eating. The bell rang a few minutes later so we went back to our classroom and class begun.

It wasn’t that long until we were dismissed and was allowed to go home. I slung my bag on my shoulders and walked out with Ah Neul but we departed immediately when we reached the entrance. I walked down the stairs and in my surprise, the EXO guys were there.

“Hyomi-ah! Glad you’re already here!” Tao oppa said. I looked at them weirdly.

“Why? Is there something—“ Before I could finish, Suho oppa cut me off.

“Yes there is so let’s go.” He said grabbing my arm and we walked out the gates to who knows where.

It’s fun to walk with them. They were silly but everyone was excited and I don’t know why. People were looking at us as we passed by maybe because they were too many or because of their ulzzang looks. I turned to look at Kai who walked beside me and asked where we are going but he said it’s a secret. I pouted but I know I couldn’t force him so I just waited and followed them.

Soon, we reached a restaurant. I looked up to the building and my eyes widened. Are they serious?! This restaurant looks expensive and I didn’t even bring any money with me! I tugged on Baekhyun oppa’s shirt to ask what we were doing there even though I have a hint already.

“We’re celebrating his birthday.” He said tapping the tip of my nose once and my scrunched up my nose.

“We’re here! I’m so hungry. Let’s go in already!” Minseok oppa said and walked towards the door.

“Wait.” I said and they all turned to look at me. “I can’t—“

“Someone’s treating us, don’t worry.” Luhan oppa chuckled as he patted my shoulder. I felt my cheeks turn pink so I looked down. “Kaja.” Luhan oppa said putting his arm over me, leading me inside.

As soon as we got in, a guy in suit welcomed us and I was just surprised when he directed us to a table immediately without even asking for how many or the necessary things to ask.

“Do you go here often?” I asked Baekhyun oppa and he nodded.

“We go here everytime it’s Sehun’s birthday. Remember, when Sehun said they own a restaurant. This is it.” He said and my eyes widened.

“Bwoh? Are you serious?” I asked and he just chuckled and nodded.

We soon settled on a table. They started saying their orders and all but I just kept quiet. My eyes kept wandering around the restaurant. I didn’t imagine that Sehun’s restaurant looks like this. I mean, he didn’t say it to me like it’s something special or what so I thought it’s just a normal restaurant.

“What do you want, Hyomi?” Suho oppa asked and I snapped out of my thoughts looking at the menu.

“I just get a plate of pasta.” I said because all the food was expensive and the pasta is the cheapest that I could find. They laughed that made me raise an eyebrow. “Why?” I asked.

“You’ll not get full with that.” Kris oppa said.

“O-Oh?” I asked and they nodded, chuckling.

“We’ll just get you something, how about that?” Tao oppa said and I nodded.

“S-Sure.” I said and he smiled nodding. A waiter approached us and got our orders. While waiting, we chatted about Sehun and I just awkwardly sat on my seat, nodding or smiling to what they say.

“You two are bestfriend’s right?” Luhan oppa said and I nodded.

“Best friends.” Baekhyun oppa chorused and I slapped him on the shoulder.

“Why? Is it more than that, Baekhyun hyung?” Kai said smirking.

“I wonder too. Is there something more, Hyomi?” Kyungsoo oppa said making me blush unconsciously. They suddenly laughed making me look down.

“We’re just teasing you. We hope you don’t take it too seriously.” Chen oppa said and I smiled, nodding.

“Yeah, I know.” I said. Luckily, they changed the topic but it’s still about Sehun and sometimes, they would ask me about Sehun and I’ll answer them. Soon the food arrived and it was true.

The pasta I ordered was not enough to feed a person but the way it was prepared, its daebak. I took my fork and got a few of the pasta and tasted it. My eyes widened a bit with how delicious it tasted.

“How does it taste like?” Lay oppa asked.

“It’s delicious. No wonder it’s expensive.” I said andthey nodded smiling. “By any chance, is Sehun the one treating us?” I asked. I have this question waiting for a while now and I thought asking it wouldn’t hurt.

“Yup. He wants you celebrate it with us since he’s not here. He doesn’t want you to be lonely.” Kris oppa said and that thought itself made me flattered.

“Sweet right?” Baekhyun oppa teasingly said and I rolled my eyes on him. They laughed at us and we continued eating.

No One’s POV

Behind the door to the kitchen, someone was watching them with a content smile. He’s happy seeing his best friends having fun and he just needs to exclude Hyomi in the best friends he was saying because he knows she’s not just a best friend to him but his everything.

“Sir, do you want something to eat?” A chef asked and he shook his head with a smile.

“I’m good. Please don’t forget to serve the ice cream I’m saying.” He said, referring to your favorite ice cream.

“Yes sir. We would. I’ll be leaving now then.” The chef said bowing.

“We’ll meet soon, Hyomi, we will.” He said and continued watching them.

Hyomi’s POV

We were eating and chatting when I felt someone watching us. I kept on shrugging the thought away but the intent look kept on bugging me so I decided to look at the direction where I felt the look came from but a waiter just went out of the kitchen. I just shrugged.

“Any problem?” Baekhyun oppa asked looking at where I’m looking at and I just shook my head with a smile.

“Nothing.” I said and he nodded. After we ate, ice cream was served to us and surprisingly, it’s my favorite flavour that was given to me.

“Did you guys order this?” I asked looking at them and they shook their heads.

“It’s their give away today. It’s like this everytime it’s Sehun’s birthday. All customers receive a cup of ice cream. But yours looks special.” Suho oppa remarked pointing at my cup of ice cream. I looked at it and found nothing special but I do felt it is.

“Mine? It’s just the same with all of you.” I laughed and they just shrugged giggling as they begin eating their deserts. Suddenly, Luhan and Kai excused themselves and left. I didn’t know where they went but they came back minutes after carrying a box.

“We can’t forget about the cake!” Kai exclaimed putting the box on the table.

Luhan oppa opened it revealing a mouthwatering cake. It’s a chocolate cake, designed to its best. Chen oppa helped on sticking the candles on while Lay oppa lit it. Somehow, I felt crying. I wish Sehun’s here to celebrate it with us but I guess we have to wait until he comes back. We started singing a happy birthday and their voices harmonized that I was stopped singing.

“How about Hyomi blows the candle for Sehun-ah?” Kai oppa said looking at me.

“Me? Why me?” I asked.

“Because you’re the only girl here. Might as well you do it.” Kai oppa said.

“Let’s just do it together. Sehun would like that more, don’t you think?” I said and they looked at each other.

“Ok then. If that’s what you want. I’ll count to three and we’ll blow it but please, no saliva shower ok?” Suho oppa said making us laugh.

“Neh.” We replied.

“Hana, dul, set!” And with that, we blew the candle.

“Saengil chukhahae Sehun-ah!” Minseok oppa shouted making us laugh. They let me cut the cake and got one slice each. I don’t know but I cut it in thirteen equal parts. Maybe because I’m hoping Sehun would be able to eat it too. I just want him to eat the cake that’s for him.

“Is that for Sehun, Hyomi?” Jongdae oppa said making me look at him.

“Ah, yeah. But anyone could eat it since Sehun’s not here.” I said and they nodded but in the end, no one ate it.   

We stayed at the restaurant for an hour and a half before we left. I took the bus with Baekhyun oppa while the others were fetched by their family drivers while some took different kinds of transportation. On the ride, I can’t help but feel happy but still, a part of me was hoping that Sehun was with us a while ago. Why did he have to go to another country anyway? Sigh.

“Had fun?” Baekhyun oppa asked and I nodded.

“I just hope Sehun was there.” I said and he said something I wasn’t able to get. “What?” I asked and he just shook his head smiling.

“Nothing. I’m sure he’s happy right now.” He said and I nodded smiling. Soon, we reached our stop and we walked to our house but on the way, I saw a bakery shop. Since I always buy cake for Sehun’s birthday, I don’t want to stop that tradition.

“Oppa, I’ll just buy something. You go ahead.” I said and run off not even waiting for his answer.

I walked in the bakery shop and looked at the different cake placed inside the glass container. I continued looking for the cake flavor Sehun likes. I actually buy the cake somewhere in Busan because when I first bought the cake for him for his birthday, he said it’s the best so since then, I buy the same cake and he said he likes it. But since I can’t buy it today, I’ll just have to buy a different one but same flavor. A smile was drew on my face once I found the cake I’m looking for. I immediately looked up to tell the cake I’ll be ordering when I saw an unexpected person behind the counter. My eyes widened and so did his.

“Hyomi!”

“Jongup!” We both said at the same time and laughed.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“I’m buying a cake.” I said.

“Oh? For whom?” He asked.

“My best friend.” I replied and he nodded. “You, you work here?” I asked and he nodded and I saw his cheeks turn pink.

“What a shame right? A kingka in school but working in a bakery?” He said rubbing the back of his neck.

“What? Of course not! At least you have a decent work!” I said and his eyes smiled.

“So, what’s your order?” He asked.

“Ah, that one.” I said pointing to the cake and he nodded walking towards it and getting it. He went to the kitchen for a while and from the small window, he asked,

“Will I put something on it?” He asked and I shook my head.

“It’s fine.” I said and he nodded putting it in a box and coming back after. I handed him the payment.

“Uh, Jongup, don’t people wonder why you’re wearing a mask?” I asked as he pushed numbers on the cashier.

“Not really. Actually girls go here often.” He chuckled and I smirked. “Here you go.” He said handing me the cake.

“Ok then. I’ll see you in school tomorrow. Bye!” I said and he nodded waving back.

I then walked back to our house. I made sure that Baekhyun oppa wouldn’t see it. I walked up to my room with the cake and locked my door. It was already seven in the evening and since we already ate a while ago, we already didn’t eat dinner. I took a shower and changed to a shirt and pajamas. I then opened the box of cake on the table and stick the candle on it. I lit it up.

“Sehun-ah, it’s your birthday today. Did you have fun? I hope you did. We’ll celebrate together next time, eo?” I smiled and started singing a happy birthday song in a soft voice. After, I blew it since no one would beside me.

I then got the gift I’m supposed to give him today but since he’s not here, I guess I have to keep it for a while until he comes back. I smiled.

“Happy Birthday, buddy.”


A/N

It's our maknae's birthday! Yehey! Let's all greet him a Happy Happy Birthday! EXO K made their debut last Sunday and they performed today at M!Countdown. Have you guys watched it already? It's daebak! Let's give him and the whole group our support and love! 

This lame gif pic is by me but yeah, I'll try to make a better gif.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OH SEHUN!

To all Daehyun fans there, I'll make sure to put more Daehyun and Hyomi on the next chapter or so! And yes. I used the Secret Love occupation of Jongup. Ahaha. I hope it's fine though.

Thank you!

Read, Comment, Subscribe! <3 I'll appreciate it!