Meeting the Blue-Masked Boy

Wishing Upon A Flower

You Are My Girl by B1A4

 


Chapter 6 – Meeting the Blue-Masked Boy

Hyomi’s POV

I turned to Ah Neul right after our teacher left to ask if she understood a part of what our teacher taught since it wasn’t that clear to me but she also didn’t know so I turned back to see Jongup running out the door.

“What’s with him?” I uttered and shrugged.

“So, you’re going to join your EXO oppas?” Ah Neul asked in a low voice not because she’s disappointed or what but because she knows my position. I thought for a while. I can’t leave her alone but I want to join the EXO oppas even just for recess. I looked at Ah Neul and she was waiting for my answer. As if she read my mind, she smiled and got up. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll just eat with someone else.” She said and I felt guilt.

“Wait. How about you join us? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.” I said and she faintly smiled and shook her head.

“It’ll be trouble. I’m not mad, don’t worry.” She chuckled before waving and leaving. I just released a small smile and nodded. I got up and made my way out the room.

I walked towards the cafeteria and I could hear other students gossiping among themsleves while they look at me. When I turn to them, they would stop with some glaring at me or snickering. I just sighed and continued walking. As soon as I arrived at the cafeteria, I scanned through the crowded area and found Baekhyun oppa waving at me with a big smile on his face.

“Hyomi-ah!” He shouted that made students turn to me. I let out a loud sigh. Why did he have to shout my name? I gulped and made my way towards their table and upon reaching, they greeted me.

“At last you joined us!” Xiu Min or I prefer calling him Minseok oppa, said.

“Yeah, I guess.” I replied.

“Come, seat here.” Luhan oppa offered pushing Kai off of his seat.

“Yah!” Kai scoffed but still moved to the empty seat beside him.

“C’mon Kkamjong. I want to seat beside our muse.” Luhan oppa said that made me blush but I tried hiding it hoping they didn’t notice it.

“M-Muse?” I asked and he nodded. I just shrugged. He then stood up and pulled me to sit beside him. Kai smiled at me when I took my seat and I returned him with a smile too.

“Yah, Luhan hyung, don’t try hitting on her, ok?” Baekhyun oppa said that made me turn red tomato.

“Why not? It’s ok with you, right, Hyomi?” Luhan oppa said slinging an arm over my shoulder that surprised me.

“H-Huh?” I asked and he just laughed.

“Just kidding.” He smiled.

“You know Luhan, you’re used to it, right?” Kris oppa said and I just smiled.

“Somehow.” I said and they laughed.

“So how have you been? Are the queenkas pestering you?” Jongdae oppa asked taking a sip on his juice. I hesitated to answer since half of me wanted to lie because I don’t want to worry them. In the end, I shook my head with a smile.

“I’m good. After the gossip that Baekhyun oppa and I broke up, it’s been quite ok.” I said and they chuckled.

“How about we do it?” Kai said out of the blue that made me blink at him. Before I could say something, he earned a smack from Dokyung oppa.

“You ert guy.” Kyungsoo hissed.

“I’m just joking but hey! At least it’ll not be that hard since…” Baekhyun oppa shove bread to his mouth shutting him up. I chuckled at their silliness.

“You want him to kill you?” Suho oppa said that made me turn to him.

“Bwoh? Who him?” I asked and they just grinned.

“It’s nothing.” Lay oppa said. It turned quiet for a while and I don’t know why. Baekhyun oppa seemed to be saying something to Suho oppa but he just grinned in return.

“Ah, yeah! There’s an upcoming dance contest. We’ll join right?” Kai said leaning on the table and looked at the guys at the other part of the table.

“Of course we would.” Kris said.

“Great. When’s practice?” Kyungsoo oppa asked. They looked at each other as if their going to get an answer when they do.

“Let’s start conceptualizing tomorrow and start the practice immediately the following day. We have two weeks to practice right?” Suho oppa suggested and everyone nodded.

“That good. How about we let Hyomi join us? It would be a thrill. You know, only girl and such.” Chanyeol oppa said and I immediately refused it.

“No. I don’t know how to dance.” I said and he pouted.

“Why not? Dancing can be learned.” Chanyeol oppa said and just shrugged.

“Let’s not force our muse. Let’s just let her promise us one thing.” Luhan oppa said and I turned to him.

“What?” I asked.

“You’ll watch and support us on the contest.” He said looking at me straight at the eyes. The other guys also turned to me and I felt as if I’m going to melt any moment because of the eleven pairs of eyes on me.

“O-Of course I would!” I said and they smiled.

“Good. We’ll make it extra special for you.” Jongdae oppa said and the others nodded.

“You don’t need to.” I said. Their words make me feel so special and I think I don’t deserve it. “You guys keep on making me feel special. I might get spoiled when you guys keep on doing that.” I said and chuckled but it surprised me when they smirked.

“And we don’t plan on stopping because you deserve to be treated precious.” Suho oppa said and the others doubled as they smiled and nodded. I just looked down on my food. I felt tears with their words. I haven’t felt this special since my parents died. When my parents died, I felt nothing. I felt lonely. When I met them, I felt as if my life was painted again in a colorful way, and I know I just had to thank them for it. I returned a smile.

“Thanks. I’ll bring many people to support you on that day.” I laughed and they laughed along.

“We’ll keep your word.” Xiu Min said and I proudly nodded but I’m not sure myself if I could actually bring many people to support them. I just want to show them that I’m so thankful towards them.

We chatted for a little more before the bell rang and we walked back to our rooms. There were glares at me but it didn’t matter that time. Nothing affected me. The happiness I felt is what matters. 

Daehyun’s POV

Recess ended and I walked back to my classroom with Youngjae. I’m still surprised that I dropped my handkerchief last time when I saved the dimwit. But somehow it makes me smile. Urg. What am I saying?! Scratch that.

“So what did Jongup tell you?” Youngjae suddenly asked snapping me out from my thoughts.

“Nothing important.” I said and he eyed me.

“Are you sure? It doesn’t seem like it.” He said and I just shrugged. Luckily, like the person he his, he didn’t ask further and we entered the room. We got on our seats and it was filled with gifts. I smirked behind my mask as I looked over Youngjae’s table.

“What are you planning?” I asked. He shrugged as he took out a plastic from his bag and put all the gifts in. It made me laugh even though he does that every now and then. I stuck the gifts inside my bag while I put the other gifts aside.

The class started but my thoughts were still on the handkerchief. I took out the handkerchief from my pocket and stared it. I checked if the dimwit put dirt on it or whatsoever and when I crumpled the handkerchief, I felt something. I curiously unfolded the handkerchief and so a paper.

Mr. Arrogant. Thanks for saving me and fyi, I didn’t ask for your help last time. :P

I smirked. Didn’t ask help? Even the heavens know how much you needed help that time. I was surprised when my teacher called my attention. I immediately put the handkerchief inside my pocket and stood up.

“Can you answer this, Mr. Daehyun?” He said and without further adieu, I walked towards the front of the class and started answering the equation on the board. It was easy so I finished it in a minute and I walked back to my seat. I noticed Youngjae looking at me so I turned to him.

“Need something?” I asked in a low voice and he shrugged.

“You did well.” He said and I nodded and turned my attention to class not wanting to be caught by the teacher for the second time around.

It didn’t take long until the bell rang for lunch then in three hours, we were dismissed. Typical day it is. Besides that Jongup kept on bugging me about the dimwit. We walked out of the school gates.

“Hyung, c’mon. Tell me. You know Hyomi, don’t you?” He said and I ignored him. “I’ll tell the hyungs and Zelo if you won’t say anything.” He added making me stop.

“Dimwit.” I replied and smirked.

“Bwoh? Dimwit?” He asked.

“Stop bugging me already. I already said something.” I said walking away from him.

“That’s not the answer I want!” He yelled.

“Go pester Zelo or whoever. Not me.” I shooed him.

“Jongup’s sure won’t let you go.” Yongguk hyung said as he walked by my side and I nodded. “Mind telling me?” He said and I shook my head.

“I have nothing to tell.” I simple replied.

“Nothing? I don’t believe though.” He smirked. “What did he tell you a while ago?”

“He just gave back something. That’s all.” I said, hoping he would stop but no.

“Something important? C’mon Daehyun. I know you too well.” He said and I shrugged.

“I need to go. I’ll go now. See you.” I said waving to all of them and got in the bus. As I got in, I saw Jongup with a pouting face with Himchan hyung trying to shut his mouth up and Zelo stood uninterested beside him. Youngjae just watched my bus go and Yongguk hyung with his mocking face.

I turned just to see Baekhyun and he rolled his eyes. He held on the pole tightly as the dimwit sat on the seat near him.

“I’ll just stand and you sit.” The dimwit said.

“Just sit. I don’t want my princess standing.” He said with his eyes on me. What is he thinking? That I care or what? Heck no. She’s all his. I don’t mind it, not at all.

Hyomi’s POV

The next day, I woke up with a smile on my face but it quickly faded remembering he won’t be celebrating it with me. Today is a special day. It’s my bestfriend’s birthday but it’s just that he’s not here to celebrate it like how we usually do. I got ready for school and joined Baekhyun oppa and his parents in the dining room.

“Hyomi looks so happy today. Something good happened?” My aunt asked, setting a plate of bacon and egg on the table in front of me. I just released a small smile.

“Let me guess.” Baekhyun oppa said turning to me. “It’s someone’s special day, am I right?” He said with a smirk.

“You don’t need to guess oppa.” I said with a smirk.

“Special day? Who?” My uncle asked.

“The love of her life.” Baekhyun oppa said making me punch him lightly on the arm but it was evident that I blushed.

“It’s not true. It’s my best friend’s birthday that’s why but…he’s not here so he won’t be celebrating it with me, I mean us.” I said.

“Oh. Is it Sehun?” My aunt said and I nodded with a small smile.

“Let’s get going princess. We’ll be late.” Baekhyun oppa said standing up from his seat. I quickly finished my food and followed him to the living room. “We’ll get going now! Bye!” Baekhyun said and we walked out the house.

The walk was quiet. Baekhyun oppa have his hands in his pocket while I had my hands on the straps of my bag. I kept on thinking the things we might’ve done if he’s here but I guess thinking wouldn’t do anything. He’ll still be celebrating with who knows who in the another country. It made me sigh and I didn’t expect that Baekhyun oppa heard it.

“You miss him, don’t you?” He asked looking at me and I nodded.

“Of course I would. I bet you also do, and the other oppas.” I said as I kicked the small rock on the way.

“We could’ve celebrated it together. With the others. Not just you and him.” Baekhyun oppa teased.

“Why? You celebrate it together too right? I only get to celebrate it with him after you guys do.” I said.

If you wonder why I just met the EXO guys when I entered their school, it’s because I live far away from them. I just got to meet Sehun because Baekhyun brought him once during a family vacation. But during his birthday, I make sure I have time to take the subway station from Busan to Seoul. Yes, I’m a Busan girl.

“Yeah, right. But that guy always anticipates celebrating his birthday with you than with us.” He said that made me look at him.

“He do?” I asked, surprised. He nodded. We got on the bus and continued talking after we get to sit.

“Always.” Baekhyun oppa said and made me blush with the thought. “She’s blushing.” He teased while pointing at my cheeks. He slapped his hand away.

“I’m not.” I said but I know denying won’t do because it was too obvious, too obvious to deny.

“Yeah, if you say so.” Baekhyun oppa said rolling his eyes. I just smiled.

“You want to give him a call later?” He asked looking at me. I shook my head.

“He might be busy. Let’s not disturb him.” I said.

“Oh, c’mon. Even how busy he is, if he knows it’s you who he’ll be talking with, he’ll cancel all those meetings or whatever he has to do.” Baekhyun oppa said and I shrugged. It turned quiet after until we reached school.

I walked to my room and it was normal. I walked to my seat and Ah Neul and Jongup greeted me but there was something different from Jongup that day so I asked him.

“You ok?” I asked and he sighed.

“Neo,” He said looking at me. He leaned in making me move back.

“What?” I asked.

“Ah, nothing.” He said leaning back to his seat.

“O..k. You’re weird today.” I said.

“Yeah. I agree.” Ah Neul said sticking her pointer finger out. I glanced at Jongup once more before shrugging.

It was not that long until our teacher came and classes began. I paid attention to class like usual but I couldn’t get almost half of what our teacher is teaching. That’s not new though. It’s Math and it’s my waterloo. I scrunched my nose thinking how it is done but nothing came to my mind so I just sighed and stared at the equation on the board. In two hours, the bell rang and at last, I got to take a break from all the equations.

“Let’s eat together?” I asked Ah Neul and she smiled.

“Sure. But aren’t you going to eat with your EXO oppa’s?” She asked and I shook my head.

“It’s enough I joined them yesterday. The queenkas are already burning a hole in me.” I jokingly said and she chuckled. “So let’s go?” I asked and she nodded. We both got up but Jongup stopped us before we could even take a step.

“Wait.” He said standing up.

“Uh?” I asked. He just looked at me so I raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, nevermind. I’ll get going.” He said and left. My mouth fell open and Ah Neul laughed. She pushed my mouth up.

“Close it before a fly goes in. Jongup’s just weird today. That’s all. Let’s go. I’m hungry.” She said and I nodded. We walked out the room and went to the caferia.

Zelo’s POV

I’ve been so curious about the girl Jongup hyung has been beaming about so I decided to drop by the cafeteria today and maybe, take a better look because the last time we went here, I wasn’t able to see her clearly though we went to the cafeteria that day just to see how she looks like and all.

When I entered the cafeteria, girl students looked at me and I smiled, I mean, make my eyes smile since I’m wearing a mask. I walked like I’m just looking for food when I bumped into someone.

“Oh, Sorry.” I apologized and when I looked up, I was surprised. Bingo. Just what I came for.

“It’s ok.” She smiled and I swear, she’s pretty but its pity that she’s a year older than me but who cares, age doesn’t matter, right?

I noticed girls eyes on us so I just bowed and left, not wanting to cause any ruckus, and I’m sure, the EXO guys has their eyes on me already. I looked up to their table and just what I thought, they were throwing dagger looks to me. I smirked behind my mask. They become so defensive. I didn’t even mean to bump her. I walked to the counter to get food since they might think that I went there for another reason and that is to meet her. I quickly left after and walk to our hang-out place. I’m sure they’re already wondering where I’ve gone to.

When I reached our hang-out place, they looked at me and with their looks, I’m sure they were already asking for an answer. I put my mask down and joined them.

“Just got something to eat.” I said showing them the sandwich I got from the cafeteria.

“Bwoh? You went to the cafeteria and you didn’t ask me?!” Jongup hyung said. I thought he’s mad that I went there when we agreed not to. This guy, does he like her?

“Why? You jealous I got to see her and not you?” I mocked and he glared at me.

“Excuse me maknae but I get to see her every morning!” He said emphasizing every morning.

“Yeah right but you whine there as if you don’t. Why won’t you just admit you like her?” I said and he smirked.

“Yeah, you’re pretty smart maknae.” He said that made my eyes widen.

“WHAT?!” Almost all of us shouted except for Youngjae and Daehyun hyung who just looked at him with surprise faces. He just shrugged that made me jump to him and ask so many questions.

“You’re lying.” Himchan hyung said and I nodded. “You couldn’t fall in love like that because you never did.” Himchan hyung added.

“Why? Love strikes wherever and whenever, right?” He said.

“Oh please.” Himchan hyung said.

“Yah, maknae, what happened at the cafeteria?” Yongguk hyung asked changing the topic.

“Nothing much. I bumped to her accidentally. I swear, I didn’t mean to. And guess what, EXO looked so defensive.” I smirked.

“Not surprising.” Youngjae hyung said and I rolled my eyes.

“They didn’t do or say anything?” Yongguk hyung said and I shrugged.

“I don’t know. I left the cafeteria as soon as I bought this.” I said pointing to sandwich.

“What if you caused trouble?” Daehyun hyung said.

“I’m not a troublemaker. Besides, you’re saying that because you’re concerned with me or with the girl?” I asked.

“I don’t care with the girl. If you caught a fight with them and we’re not there, what do you think would happen?” He said and I smirked.

“Yeah, right.” I said.

“Enough of that. Daehyun is right. You shouldn’t go there by yourself. You know the EXO guys and what they have with the girl. Even though they broke up already or whatever is between them, EXO still has their eyes on her.” He said and I sighed.

“Ok. I understand.” I said.


I cut the chapter in half since I noticed that it's quite long already. Wait for the other half in a short while! 

Thank you!