Beach

Wishing Upon A Flower

Sunshine Girl by FT Island


Chapter 24 – Beach

The sun slowly lit the sky. EXO, BAP, Hyomi, and Ah Neul got ready to leave. They walked to the van they used the day before. Since it was not enough for them, Suho asked for their driver to send one more car yesterday. BAP was surprised but they were thankful. Daehyun though kept quiet, trying to keep out of Hyomi’s sight. He was still wondering if she saw him last night but of course he wouldn’t know that unless he asks her but that’s the most impossible thing to happen, for now. Himchan, noticing his actions, looked at him skeptically.

“Who are you hiding to?” He asked looking around.

“Nothing.” Daehyun said but he was obviously hiding behind Zelo who is tall enough to hide him.

“You’re weird. Are you hiding from your Hyomi?” Himchan asked, eyeing him.

“I heard my bestfriend’s name.” Jongup said joining them.

“Look at this fella, his hiding behind our maknae.” Himchan said pointing at Daehyun.

“Am not. And no, she’s not mine from the start and won’t be,” Daehyun said making Jongup laugh.

“I’ll keep that Daehyun. Don’t regret it afterwards, huh?” Himchan smirked. Daehyun rolled his eyes.

“No, I won’t.” He said. Jongup smirked.

“I heard Hyomi saw you last night. You sneaked out?” Jongup asked.

“She did?” Daehyun said and Jongup laughed.

“Got ‘ya. So you did sneak out last night? What did you do?” Jongup asked curiously and Daehyun mentally facepalmed himself for being so stupid.

“Nothing. I just got some fresh air because I couldn’t sleep.” Daehyun said nonchantly.

“Yeah, as if we believe in what you’re saying.” Himchan said sarcastically.

“You went to Hyomi noona last night?” Zelo who has been quiet, asked looking back at him.

“BWOH?! NO!” Daehyun said and the others laughed.

“What’s happening here? And why do you sound so defensive Daehyun?” Yongguk said, coming from the other van after talking with Suho.

“He always does, hyung, when it comes to Hyomi.” Youngjae said smirking as he has been quietly listening to them from the very start. Daehyun eyed him.

“Stop it. It’s not funny.” Daehyun said in his most blunt way he could before he strode to the car they’ll be riding on. The other six guys laughed at his denials before following him to the car.

“Are you guys ok here?” Hyomi asked as she approached BAP’s car and looked around. Daehyun avoided her gaze by looking else where but still, their eyes met and he felt his cheeks turn warm.

“Yup, thanks Hyomi-ah.” Yongguk said with his eyes smiling. Hyomi diverted her attention to him then smiled.

“Wait, when did you two start to drop the formalities? That’s not fair!” Himchan whined. Hyomi turned to him surprised.

“Stop being such a kid hyung.” Jongup said.

“Hyomi, what do you call Yongguk hyung?” Himchan asked, ignoring Jongup.

“Uhm, Yongguk,” she turned to Yongguk who was looking out the window but was obviously laughing before turning to Himchan again. “oppa?” She said and everyone, even Jongup, widened their eyes on her.

“WHAT?!” Himchan said as if earth fell on him.

“Why? Is something wrong with it? I mean, he’s older than me right?” Hyomi said still naïve of why Himchan was fuming like that.

“So stupid. Aish.” Hyomi shot Daehyun a glare but he just rolled his eyes, as usual.

“Call me oppa then.” Himchan said and Hyomi was surprised.

“Himchan…oppa?” Hyomi said, as if forcing the word oppa out making Zelo laugh out loud.

“Don’t force yourself noona if you don’t want to.” Zelo said laughing. Himchan glared at him but Yongguk had intervened already.

“Ok, stop it already. Himchan, stop being childish. That’s why Hyomi couldn’t even call you oppa,” Yongguk said making Hyomi frantically wave her hands to them.

“No, it’s not that.” Hyomi said. Himchan just pouted, crossing his arms above his chest. She already doesn’t know how to handle the situation and luckily, Youngjae came to the rescue.

“You should go already. Your boyfriend might get mad if you stay long with us.” He said. Hyomi nodded with a small smile.

“The driver already knows where to go. So, I’ll see you there?” Hyomi said and they nodded except for Daehyun who barely paid attention to what she was saying. Hyomi just ignored him and walked off to the other van.

The two vans soon drove off with EXO’s van going out the house’s gates first.

Hyomi’s POV

That guy, urg. He’s getting into my nerves. Wait. Why am I even thinking of him? Darn it.

“Are you ok, Hyomi?” I tilted my head up and found Luhan oppa staring at me, our face so close that it made me jerk back. Baekhyun oppa quickly pushed Luhan oppa’s forehead and hissed.

“I know that moves hyung.” Baekhyun oppa said making me flutter inside. I’m happy because I know he cares for me that much. It’s just that it gets annoying at times. Well, only sometimes. Luhan oppa frowned.

“Moves what?” Luhan oppa said as if he didn’t know what Baekhyun oppa meant. Baekhyun oppa just smirked as he faced in front. “So are you ok?” He repeated.

“Uhm, yeah.” I smiled and he smiled back nodding.

“I know you miss your parents but I hope we’re able to make you happy.” He said with his heart melting smile. I nodded, smiling.

“You guys make me happy with just your presence. Thank you.” I said and they all smiled. So everyone had been listening to us?

 The ride wasn’t quiet as usual. Tao oppa always joke around and Kris oppa tries to shut his mouth at times. Sometimes, Kyungsoo, Luhan, Chen and Baekhyun oppa sings a song for us. Chanyeol oppa would rap for us in our language while Kris oppa would amaze us with his English rapping skills. If you’re asking about Ah Neul, she’s awkwardly sitting beside Kai oppa. How she ended up sitting there? Of course it’s my plan.

After minutes of nonstop noise and games, many have grown tired and fell asleep. I was full awake though, surprisingly. I slept late last night. I barely had eight hours of sleep. You can now visualize me with panda eyes. I turned to my side and Baekhyun oppa has his eyes closed.

“What?” I was startled with his voice. He opened one eye and turned to me.

“Sorry. I know you’re mad.” I said and he sighed.

“No need to say sorry. I can never be mad at you for a long time even if I want to.” He said and smiled. I smiled back.

“Then does that mean you have thought of getting mad at me for a long time?” I said.

“Maybe?” He smirked shrugging. I scoffed. “Just promise me one thing.” He said looking at me. I turned to him and I could tell he was being serious.

“What?” I asked.

“Try not falling for any of them.” He said making me laugh for no definite reason.

“Why did you think that I might fall for any of them?” I said but his façade stayed the same.

“Because I’m your oppa and I’ve known you for so long I could tell many things concerning you.” He said but it just made me confused. “Don’t ask so many questions, ok?” He said closing his eyes again.

“But oppa,” I said but he didn’t say anything so I just sighed and looked in front. What is that for? It’s confusing. I’ve been in my train of thoughts until I fell asleep.

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt a soft tap on my shoulder.

“We’re already here, Hyomi.” I straightened myself as I found out that I was leaning on Luhan oppa. He chuckled as he nodded outside. “They’re waiting.”

“Sorry.” I said.

“It’s ok. Let’s go!” He said and I nodded getting out first. Everyone had gone out already so it was more awkward for me so hurrying out was the best thing.

I felt the wind touch my skin as it blew my hair. I tucked strands of my hair behind my ear and smiled. I missed this place. 

“OH YEAH! BEACH!” Minseok oppa shouted making me chuckle. BAP has just arrived and was getting their things down from the car.

“Let’s go to our rooms first to change.” Kris oppa said and we nodded. I got my bag from the car like what the others did. Since we wouldn’t stay overnight, there weren’t many things to bring. We went in the hotel and got our room keys.

Ah Neul and I would be sharing one room so we got one key. We went to our room and instead of changing, I jumped on the bed and closed my eyes.

“Yah, change already.” Ah Neul said.

“I’m sleepy. Can’t I just sleep?” I asked with a tired voice.

“Are you joking? We went here to swim not to sleep.” Ah Neul said rolling her eyes.

“I know but I’m so sleepy.” I said sighing.

“Why? You didn’t sleep?” She asked and I nodded.

“Not exactly but I slept for a small amount of time.” I said.

“Why?” She asked.

“I couldn’t sleep.” I said. She nodded.

“But still, you need to change already. Go go!” She said. I groaned grabbing my backpack.

I wore a blue one-piece swimsuit. It was a plain one, just the way I like it. I wore a short over my swimsuit and a thin piece of loose shirt. So basically, it was quite of seethrough. I’m not used to exposing my skin a lot so I wear this kind of stuff. Ah Neul changed after me. She wore a one-piece swimsuit as well. It has a combination of gray and blue colors. Our outfits were very much alike except for the colors.

“You look pretty in that, Ah Neul.” I said and grinned. “Someone would be falling for you for sure.” I said. She softly hit me on the shoulder.

“As if Hyomi. Someone would fall for you, not for me.” She said and I shook my head.

“That’s impossible.” I said and she smirked.

“Luhan oppa is there. Who else? Jongup’s there and BAP’s maknae Zelo. AH! Daehyun-ssi is there!” She said making my heart beat fast with the mention of the name. If I’m not mistaken last night, I’m sure it was Mr. Arrogant I saw but I couldn’t be so sure of that since that guy is wearing no mask at all and seeing BAP with no mask, I might mix their names up since they’re all blondes. I only thought it was him because of the eyes. “Are you blushing? Omo, you are!” She said laughing.

“W-What?! Of course not!” I said trying to hide my warm cheeks. She smirked.

“Let’s go! Daehyun-ssi might be waiting for you!” She said grabbing my arm.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” I said but she ignored me, dragging me out our room. Geez.

When we reached the part of the beach where we decided to meet, we found them all there. I felt so nervous since it’s the first time I’ll be wearing something like this in front of them. I hid behind Ah Neul as we walk. I let my eyes stay on the ground as we got near them. When we got near them, I didn’t dare to look at them.

“Oh, hey—whoah.” Chanyeol oppa said making my face red and warm.

“I know I’m not—“

“What are you saying?! You look so pretty in that!” He said.

I got the courage to look at them and found them staring at both of us with shocked expression. Suddenly, my eyes landed on BAP and to him. His face was unreadable but he’s probably thinking how awful I’m looking right now. What do you expect from an enemy right? I looked away and turned to EXO oppas. My eyes rounded at Kai and Tao oppa who were wearing only beach shorts. I peeked at Ah Neul’s face and found it beet red. I then looked at Baekhyun oppa. He smirked as he walked towards me. I was surprised when he leaned to my ear.

“You’re going for a daring look now, huh?” He whispered.

“W-What?” I said and he just smirked. He suddenly took my hand making me flinch. It’s not that I’m not used to it since he’s my cousin but I’m worrying that people might get it wrong. Ok. Aren’t we even pretending? Of course people would believe what they see. How stupid.

“OK! Stop staring at them already. You guys looks like erts.” Suho oppa said making me flutter inside. He always comes to the rescue when I get into uncomfortable situations.

“LET THE BEACH PARTY BEGIN!” Some of the oppas said before running to the water.

“Let’s go.” Baekhyun said tugging my hand. I smiled and nodded letting him pull me to the vast sea.

We kept on splashing water on each other. EXO oppas got Baekhyun oppa and held him on his hands and legs before forcefully throwing him to the water making a big splash while we laugh.

“YAH!” Baekhyun oppa whined as he wiped the water on his face with his hand. I chuckled. We were all having fun until I noticed that BAP weren’t with us. I looked behind and found them at our shed area.

“Oppa, I’ll be back.” I said to Baekhyun oppa and ran towards BAP.

“Oh, Hyomi-ah, what are you doing here?” Yongguk oppa asked as he turned his gaze to me. BAP all turned to look at me, even the arrogant guy. I just ignored him and looked at the others.

“Aren’t you guys going to swim? I mean, we went here to swim.” I said.

“Uhm,” They mumbled.

“Is it your mask?” I asked and they nodded. “Can’t you really remove it?” I asked and they looked at each other.

“Just go to your oppas and have fun.” Daehyun-slash-Mr. Arrogant said but he was looking at distance.

“I brought you here so I’ll make sure you guys have fun.” I said.

“We’re big enough to take care of ourselves.” He retorted.

“You don’t get my point Mr. Arrogant.” I said and we bickered like that with Yongguk oppa, Himchan and Youngjae sunbaenim, Jongup, and Zelo watch us.

“You two are funny. You look like lovers quarelling.” My eyes widened at Yongguk oppa.

“WHAT?!” Both I and Daehyun said. They ignored what we said and laughed.

“Jongup, yah, aren’t you my bestfriend?” I said and he just grinned at me.

“Sorry, Hyomi. I just had to agree with hyung.” He said. I sighed.

“Ok. Going back,” I said trying to change the topic already. “You guys would swim whether you like it or not.” I said as sternly as I could.

“But noona,” Zelo said and I could say he was also sad he couldn’t swim because of his mask.

“You could just wet your feets right? I mean, you don’t have to dive in the water. So, let’s go?” I said smiling. Daehyun scoffed while the others looked at each other before finally, smiling.

“It wouldn’t hurt right?” Himchan sunbaenim said and I nodded. “Wait. In one condition, call me oppa too.” He said and I laughed at his childishness. The others seemed to anticipate my answer so I smiled and nodded.

“Araso, Himchan oppa.” I said to convince him already. He smiled before grabbing my arm and pulling me to the sea. At least I was able to convince them.

 


 

Sorry for the short chapter. I'll update again later if I can. I'm just having a little writer's block. Please bare with me. Thank you!

They look so cute here. This is what you call rare. :))