Lover's Quarrel

Wishing Upon A Flower

Tell Me Why by TeenTop


 

Chapter 25 – Lover’s Quarrel

Hyomi’s POV

All of us were having fun except for one person who kept his stubborn side and stayed at our shed area. I sighed. What the heck is his problem? I mean, I can’t remember doing anything to him for the first place. I don’t know why he was so unwelcoming when we first met personally at the café. He was actually the first one I saw out of them six and I didn’t expect anything like this. I’m stuck in this position and I can’t find the way out.

Ok. I’ll stop ranting already. It’s not even helping. All I know is that I need to let him have fun since that’s why I brought them here besides the fact that I promised them. I breathe in. I can do this. You can do it Yoo Hyomi. You’re tough right? You’re a strong girl. I approached him and he looked at it with an eyebrow raised.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“I should be the one asking you that. What are you doing here while everyone else is having fun?” I said.

“Because I don’t want to go here for the first place.” He said straightfowardly that it made me dumbfounded.

“I didn’t force you here so don’t act as if I did.” I said.

“I am not. Could you just please leave me alone?” He said. I bit my lower lip, trying to stop myself from shouting.

“I won’t until you come with me.” I said sternly.

“Fine. Stay and bore yourself to death.” He said as he looked away. What the?! You can’t lose to him Hyomi. Stay stubborn like him, stay stubborn.

“Ok then. I’ll stay here and bore myself to death.” I said as I sat across from him. He looked at me and I raised an eyebrow. “I believe this shed belongs to our group, not only yours.” I said and he just rolled his eyes and looked away, playing with his phone.

I stayed on my seat while wandering around. I watched EXO oppas, BAP and Ah Neul as well as they played while I’m stuck with Mr. Arrogant. Minutes have passed and neither of us spoke a word. It was getting awkward and uncomfortable but I’m not going to back down just because of it.

“Staying firm, huh?” He said as he played with his phone. I scoffed as I looked away.

“Just so you know, I’m also stubborn like you.” I said. I heard him toss his phone on the table making me turn to him.

“Of course I know. Don’t forget for the word dimwit too.” He said. My eyes widened before it furrowed to him.

“You, could you stop calling me that?!” I said and he raised his eyebrow.

“Why would I? You fit that word so much.” He said and I could say that he was smirking. I bet he always does.

“How could you say so? You don’t even know me.” I said.

“Then why call me Mr. Arrogant when you obviously don’t know me as well?” He said. I gulped. He was right but it fits him.

“It’s because you act arrogant.” I retorted.

“Then let me tell you that you act like a dimwit too. You can’t even answer a simple math problem.” He said.

“B-Bwoh?!” I said. How come he knows I couldn’t answer—wait, scratch that. How could he say I’m slow in math?

“I saw you one time in front of the board not knowing what to answer.” He said and stiffled a laugh.

“When?” I said curiosity eating me.

“A few weeks ago, I guess.” He said. I bit my lower lip. Ok. I’m slow in math but that doesn’t make me a dimwit already. I’m not slow in all subjects ok!

“I’m just slow in math. You couldn’t consider me a dimwit just like that.” I said and he smirked.

“Like I would believe you.” He said rolling his eyes. I want to argue with him about that but I don’t find any reason to.

“Believe it or not, I’m not a dimwit.” I said.

“Yeah, right. Whatever.” He said before stretching. “Aish. When will they get tired?” He muttered.

“Why are you like this?” I asked and I don’t even know why I asked him that. He turned to me and blinked.

“Why?” He said and I nodded.

“I didn’t do anything to you as far as I remember for you to treat so roughly at me.” I said not caring about anything anymore. I noticed his body stiffen before he looked away.

“You don’t know anything.” He said. I shook my head in disbelief.

“Shouldn’t you tell it to me so that I would know if I really did something to you?” I said.

“Could you just go and leave me alone? I hate you around.” He said and I don’t know but I felt really hurt. I held the tears that’s about to fall and looked away.

“Hate me all you want but I’ll not leave. I’m not gonna back down.” I said sighing.

“Ok. Deal.” I heard him say making me turn to him. I blinked for a few times before smirking.

“Fine. Deal.” I said.

“Loser’s gonna do something for the other.” He said.

“Sure. If that’s what you want. I won’t lose.” I said and he just smirked. I looked away and leaned on my seat.

“What the heck. Everything’s almost perfect. I could already say my wish is granted if only this guy would be like the others.” I mumbled to myself. Suddenly, Ah Neul came. She looked at me and pointed at me.

“Why are you crying?” She asked making me gasp.

“What?” I said. She pointed at my cheeks.

“It’s wet.” She said. I quickly held my cheeks and true to what she said, it was wet. Why didn’t I notice that? I bit my lower lip. I hope Mr. Arrogant didn’t hear that or else he would just tease me more. Urgh.

No One’s POV

Little do the two know that there were people watching them from a far. Some were frowning while some were curiously watching them. Ah Neul, who noticed that Hyomi was already gone, looked around and that’s when she noticed that Hyomi was with Daehyun at the shed.

“What are they doing there alone?” She muttered herself not expecting for someone to answer her.

“A little lover’s quarrel?” She looked back and found Jongup watching the two as well. He turned to her and she raised an eyebrow at him.

“They aren’t lovers, Jongup.” She said.

“Soon?” Jongup said. Ah Neul just laughed it off.

“Not impossible but I wonder when will that be?” She smirked.

“Tomorrow? The day after? Next week? Next month?” Jongup said and Ah Neul just giggled.

“Yeah right.” Ah Neul said before leaving Jongup and decided to approach the two lover’s quarelling. As she got near, Daehyun didn’t seem to notice her at first until she spoke.

“Why are you crying?” She asked.

“What?” She pointed to Hyomi’s cheek.

“It’s wet.” She said and Hyomi immediately felt her cheeks. Ah Neul turned to Daehyun but he was just looking away. “Why are you guys alone here anyways?” Ah Neul asked.

“He’s being stubborn.” Hyomi said.

“I told you to leave but you didn’t want to.” Daehyun said bluntly.

“It’s because I want you to join us and have fun.” Hyomi said. Ah Neul looked back and forth at them as they started bickering again and she was surprised at how the two quarelled. It’s the first time she witness them like this so it amused her. They were like lover’s like what Jongup said.

“Ok, stop it already.” She said and the two instantly stopped.

“Please bring her away.” Daehyun said.

“I already told you I won’t leave until you join us.” Hyomi said and Ah Neul knew they would start bickering again and she’s stuck in the middle. Luckily, Baekhyun came.

“Oh, Baekhyun-ssi, glad you came.” Ah Neul said.

“What are you doing here, Hyomi?” Baekhyun said before eyeing Daehyun.

“Sorry.” Hyomi said.

“Did this guy do something to you?” Baekhyun asked and Hyomi shook her head.

“Nothing.” She said as she stood and walked out the shed. “Let’s go oppa, Ah Neul.” She said before walking away. She didn’t leave because she gave up but because she needed to before a fight breaks out.

Hyomi’s POV

I just sat on the sand with Baekhyun oppa after that. I hugged my knees as I felt the water touch my feet. I felt Baekhyun oppa looking at me so I turned to him.

“What did that guy do?” He asked. I sighed and looked away. “I knew it. I couldn’t trust them.” He blurted.

“It’s not that oppa.” I said and he looked at me, confused.

“Then what?” He asked.

“Can I ask something?” I said and he nodded. “Ain’t I a trustworthy person?” I said and he blinked.

“Why do you think so?” He asked. I shrugged.

“It feels as if I’m not.” I said. I felt a protective arm over my shoulder and I knew it was Baekhyun oppa’s. He leaned my head on his shoulder and I felt him sigh.

“It doesn’t mean that when they don’t say something to you, you can’t be trusted. Sometimes, it’s better to keep it so that they wouldn’t get hurt. Sometimes, it’s not just necessary for them to know that’s why they chose to keep it from them. Also, there are times they just don’t want to talk about it. Why? Did you ask about it because he doesn’t trust you?” He said looking at me. I sighed.

“I don’t know why he’s so mad at me. I didn’t even know anything. I ask him why but he said for me to just leave. I can’t understand him already.” I said and Baekhyun oppa patted my shoulder in a comforting manner.

“Don’t force him if he doesn’t want to. Maybe you have the right to know but like me, I like to know a person more before trusting them about anything.” He said. I lifted my head from his shoulder. I looked at him and he gave me a warm smile. “Don’t bother yourself so much. We’re here to have fun. I already put aside whatever I have for them for all of you to enjoy so you should have fun.” He said ruffling my hair. I smiled and nodded.

“Thank you oppa. I don’t know what I’ll do without you.” I said. Just then, Suho oppa came and sat beside me.

“Aren’t you going to join them? They’re playing volleyball.” Suho oppa said.

“I’m already tired. I’ll just stay with my girlfriend.” Baekhyun oppa smirked making me slap him on the shoulder. Suho oppa just laughed.

“We seem to be getting along with BAP already. Himchan and Lay fortunately, don’t argue though they ignore each other.” He said then drank some water. I looked at him, trying to get what he meant. “I think we could trust them.” He said smiling. I smiled brightly.

“Really? Then we don’t have to pretend anymore?” I said.

“I think so. It still depends on you two.” He said. I turned to Baekhyun oppa.

“Please? I’m already feeling bad for lying to my friends.” I said, almost pleading. Baekhyun oppa sighed.

“I’m not going to say yes because I want to but because I’m concerned about you,” he said and I smiled and was about to hug him when he continued. “In one condition,” he said and I scrunch up my nose.

“Condition?” I said and he nodded as he looked at me. I heard Suho oppa laugh behind me but I didn’t look back. I sighed. “What?”

“I’ll have to do one more thing and you can’t say no.” He said and I thought of it.

“You won’t fight them, right?” I said and he laughed.

“Do you think I fight?” He said and I shrugged. He flicked my forehead making me flinch.

“What’s that for?” I said rubbing my forehead. He grinned.

“Let’s go grab something to eat.” He said and I sighed. They both stood up. They both reached their hand out for me and I smiled, taking both of their hands. They ignored my question but I’ll just trust them because I know I could and because they trust me.

“How about them?” I asked.

“They’ll eat when they get hungry. Those guys are kids. That’s why.” Suho oppa said making me laugh.

Ah Neul’s POV

After Baekhyun-ssi and Hyomi left , though Hyomi asked me to come, I just stayed and sat on a chair under our shed. I looked at Daehyun and he was obviously avoiding my gaze. I looked away before he gets irritated. I’m not close to him so I might as well be careful not to get him mad. After a few minutes of silence, I decided to break it.

“Why don’t you want to play with us a while ago?” I said, trying to keep my voice steady. He looked at me before turning to his phone.

“I’m not into playing.” He said.

“Oh,” I said. I bit my lower lip. So that’s it? “Did you two argue?” I asked and he stopped pressing on his phone for a while before continuing but he didn’t answer my question. Now I know why Hyomi calls her arrogant. “Uhm, then do you know why she cried?” I said but he ignored me again so I just sighed and decided to keep quiet. I saw Suho-ssi, Baekhyun-ssi, and Hyomi sitting on the sand and I could say Hyomi felt a little better since she was smiling, her true smile. For the time I’ve known her, she seldom smiles from her heart. I only saw her true smile through the photo I found. I could say this one is a true smile.

“I wonder what they’re talking about.” I muttered smiling. “I’m glad Hyomi could smile that brightly again.” I said in a whisper.

“What?” I was surprised when Daehyun talked. I looked around.

“What?” I said.

“What do you mean by what you said?” He said.

“That she could smile brightly?” I said and he slowly nodded. I looked at Hyomi and smiled. I’m not sure whether it’s alright to tell so I chose to keep quiet and just shrug.

“She always smiles. What’s new with that?” I heard him say.

“She always smiles but it’s not always from her heart.” I said as I turned to him. He looked at me before shrugging.

“Why did I even bother to ask?” He muttered and I smirked.

“I’ll leave now. They’re playing volleyball. You should try and play with them.” I said before leaving.

“They’re really friends. Hyomi’s just more annoying,” I heard him say making me laugh.

Yeah, right. If you say so.

Daehyun’s POV

At last, thank you. I’m by myself again. I thought she wouldn’t back down but she still left. I knew she would. She easily gives in. Weak in other words. I tilt my head to where Ah Neul walked off and began thinking of what she said. I don’t even know why I need to think of it. I mean, I don’t care for her right?

“She always smiles but it’s not always from her heart.”

“Always smiles but not always from her heart?” So there was really that thing. Just don’t smile when you don’t feel like it right? I’m not stupid. I know why people like her do that. I just don’t know why they have to do that. I bet people wants a more genuine smiles than a those half-hearted smiles. Also, Ah Neul said she cried. Is it because of me? Oh please. I didn’t even do anything to her. She’s the one who insists to stay. I didn’t even say anything that rude to her. Well, besides calling her a dimwit, but she knows well that I call her that. Is it because I said I hate her around? That’s impossible. I’m sure she doesn’t even care whether I hate her. She’s just trying to annoy me like she usually does.

Snap out of it Daehyun. Stop it. Don’t let her get into you.

“What are you doing?” I looked up to see my friends looking at me weirdly.

“He’s about to go crazy because of noona.” Zelo said laughing.

“W-What? Are you crazy?” I said.

“You enjoyed your quality time with her?” Yongguk hyung said.

“More like hated it.” I rolled my eyes.

“Really?” Jongup said.

“Really. She was annoying me.” I said. They just smirked. “What are you guys doing here anyways? Done with you games?” I said and they nodded.

“We’re here to call you to eat. Everyone’s going to eat already. Well, duh, it’s almost lunch.” Youngjae said making me look at the time on my phone. Whoah. Time flew that fast.

“Let’s go. I’m hungry.” Himchan hyung said. I looked at him then laughed. “What?” He said.

“You enjoyed playing with you enemy?” I said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Yeah, right.” He said rolling his eyes. We then left after.

No One’s POV

They gathered at the eating lobby of the beach. There was a buffet table and all they have to do is get a plate and get themselves their food.

“How will we eat by the way?” Zelo asked looking at his hyungs.

“Room?” Youngjae said.

“Oh, ok.” Zelo said getting some cherry tomatoes.

“Maybe we could take off our mask soon.” Yongguk said making the other five look at him.

“What if they see us?” Jongup said.

“I only said soon. We could remove our mask when we’re with EXO. I think we could trust them anyway.” Yongguk shrugged.

“What? You’re going to trust just like that? We’ve only been with them for less than two days!” Daehyun said.

“For you, it’s just like two days but for us, it’s like we’ve known them for a long time. You kept on isolating yourself that’s why.” Jongup said. Everyone nodded, even Himchan.

“Also you, hyung?” Daehyun said.

“Lay’s my only problem, not all of them.” Himchan said bluntly. Daehyun sighed.

“Fine. Do whatever you want to do. Just don’t blame me when those guys betray you.” Daehyun said trudging his way to his room. The other five shrugged.

“I’m sure his problem is only Hyomi. I mean, his ego.” Himchan said making the others laugh.

Hyomi’s POV

“Hyomi, we’ll eat in our rooms.” Jongup said as he approached our table. I looked at him and sighed.

“As if I could say no?” I said and he slightly smiled.

“Soon, we will. Just tell the hyungs. Thanks. See you later.” He said before leaving. Soon, when is that?

When we were complete around the table, I told them that BAP was eating in their rooms and they just nodded though some said that they should’ve just eaten with us. Of course we couldn’t do anything about it. Right after eating, we decided to ride the banana boat and I was freaking afraid. I hate riding this kind of stuff but they forced me.

“It’s gonna be ok, Hyomi. You have us.” Luhan oppa assured. I felt a touch on my shoulder and when I looked up, I saw Kris oppa smiling.

“Just hold on tight. We’ll swim to you when you fall.” He said making me somewhat relieved.

“Thanks.” I said and they nodded. We were just waiting for us to be ask to get on when I heard an awfully familiar voice mocking me. I looked to my side and saw no other than Mr. Arrogant.

“What a scaredycat.” He muttered making me glare at him.

“What are you doing here? I thought you don’t want to join us?” I said.

“I didn’t want but my friends forced me.” He said nonchantly. I snickered rolling my eyes.

“Acting like you’re afraid to hear sweet words from your oppas eh?” He said making me step on me so hard that he started jumping. “YAH!”

“I’m not a or a flirt for your information!” I said breathing hard.

“What’s happening here? Hyung, happened to your foot?” Jongup said.

“That dimwit stepped on me.” He said checking his foot.

“Why?” Jongup asked.

“Ask that friend of yours.” I said crossing my arms over my chest.

“Hyung?” Jongup said turning to Daehyun.

“It’s true. She’s just denying it to look good.” Daehyun said making me more mad.

“Take that back or else I’ll never ever forgive you.” I said.

“No.” He said and I almost stepped on his foot only if we weren’t called to get on the banana boat. I bit my lower lip to stop my anger, glaring before leaving.

I was so mad that I just trudged my way to the banana boat but once I saw it, my feet turned wobbly. Baekhyun oppa got on first and he helped me to get on. He let me sit in front of him while Chanyeol oppa sat in front of me after fighting for it with Luhan oppa. Since we were too many, we were separated into two.

“I know you hate this stuff but I’m here.” Baekhyun oppa said as he held on the strap in front of him. I also held onto my tight.

“Yeah, I know. I wouldn’t ride this if you guys are like—WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” I said as I saw Daehyun riding next to me. He just looked at me before looking in front.

“Hi Hyomi.” My eyes diverted to Jongup who sat opposite from Chanyeol oppa.

“Hey.” I said.

“Sorry if we’re sitting here. You know, Himchan hyung and Lay hyung?” He said and I nodded understanding but I still can’t accept that he’s the one who’s sitting opposite from me.

“Relax babe.” My eyes widened with what Baekhyun oppa said. I looked back at him and he winked.

“Y-Yeah.” I said feeling my face heat up. Soon someone told us that the ride is about to start so I held on my strap tight.

“You can hold onto me if you want.” I heard Chanyeol oppa said.

“Yah, I heard that.” Baekhyun oppa said.

“No thanks oppa.” I said and I heard him laugh. I heard Daehyun mumble something and I’m sure it’s just between the words or a flirt. It’s not time for that. Soon, it started moving and as it went faster, I couldn’t help but close my eyes praying I wouldn’t fall.

Daehyun’s POV

The banana boat started moving and when it went fast already, I noticed Hyomi closing her eyes and it made me somehow laugh. She’s really scared eh? Should I take back my words? Better not. It’s better to know she hates me so that she would stop annoying me. I smiled to myself. This vacation is interesting afterall.

The ride soon ended and we all got down. I noticed Hyomi wobbling as she was helped to get down. I laughed and I think she heard it since she looked at my direction with a piercing glare. I kept quiet but I’m sure my eyes were smiling. She glared at me for the last time before she left. She’s really mad?

“You got her mad hyung.” I heard Jongup said making me look at him. Somehow, I felt worried but I just shrugged it off.

“I don’t care. At least I wouldn’t have to get annoyed by her.” I said as I removed my lifesaver and walked off. I shouldn’t care. But why are you thinking about her?! Aish.


 

HI! Sorry for the long chapter. I don't know how to cut it short since when I do, the next chapter might become the longer one. Ahaha.

So how's the plot going? Please tell me your opinions so that I could improve more. Thank you! 

I'll do an double update since it's Baekhyun's birthday! Did you wish him a happy birthday already? :)

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYUN BAEKHYUN BACON!