Another Letter

Wishing Upon A Flower

I Like You The Best by BEAST


Chapter 32 – Another Letter

Days went by in a blink of an eye. So far, everything’s going smoothly. Even though EXO and BAP were already getting along, BAP refuses to remove their masks in front of the other students and still stay at their hang-out place that is still hidden to everyone. 

Since no one was picking on Hyomi for the past few days, EXO gave her permission to go with Ah Neul alone during break times but whenever something happens, she should tell it to them. Hyomi just took it than not being able to have some freedom.

One morning in school, like always, Hyomi walked to her locker first before going to her room. She opened her locker and a paper fell off. She bent down and furrowed her eyebrows on it.

“A letter?” She wondered and unfolded the paper. Her eyes widened and she almost dropped the letter. “W-What, T-They,”

“Hey noona!” Hyomi’s eyes flickered and she immediately hid the paper behind her back facing Zelo and Himchan. “Are you ok?” Zelo worriedly asked.

“H-Huh? Y-Yes, of course.” Hyomi smiled. Zelo pouted.

“Are you sure? You don’t look fine at all.” Himchan said putting a hand over her forehead and Hyomi flinched.

“I’m ok.” She said stepping back.

“Sorry.” Himchan said rubbing his neck.

“It’s ok. So what brought you guys here?” Hyomi asked as she crumpled the paper she was holding at her back.

“Well, we’re wondering,” Zelo said and looked around and of course, students were watching them. He frowned but the people of course didn’t see it. He leaned to one of Hyomi’s ear. “If you could join us this lunch?” Zelo whispered and leaned back.

“What? I thought,”

“Remember, you’re not them,” Himchan said and Hyomi fidgeted. She thought for a while since the letter was unfortunately threatened her this time.

“Don’t tell me you won’t come? This is once in a lifetime chance noona!” Zelo said earning a smack from Himchan. Zelo glared at the older.

“Don’t mind what he said but you’ll say yes, right? We never got to, you know, hang out with you since the vacation.” Himchan said and Zelo nodded. There were hopes in their eyes and it was hard not to say no so in the end, Hyomi smiled and nodded.

“Sure, I’d love to,” she smiled.

“GREAT! Then, you know, ok?” Himchan said and winked before the both left. Hyomi just nodded and smiled and as soon as they’re out of sight, her smile faded and she sighed.

“Did I do the right thing?” She thought as she got the things she needed before walking back to class. Like the last letter, she threw it to the trash bin and tried to clear her mind about it as the class went in unfortunately torturing hours.

The bell rang in a few hours for lunch and Hyomi gathered her things. She almost forgot about eating with BAP until Jongup tapped her on the shoulder, leaning to her seat. When she turned, she was startled at how Jongup was so close.

“You know right?” Jongup said and Hyomi blinked looking down, feeling her cheeks burn pink. “Why are you blushing?” Jongup asked.

“H-Huh?” Hyomi asked and Jongup broke into a grin. “N-No, it’s not that!” Hyomi said and Jongup just laughed.

“What that? I never said something.” Jongup said smirking.

“Ah, right, uhm,” Hyomi said feeling embarrassed of herself.

“So anyways,” Jongup said chuckling. “You’re coming right?” Jongup whispered and that’s when Hyomi remembered about meeting BAP this lunch.

“Ah, yes, of course,” Hyomi smiled. Jongup smiled widely.

“Then, Youngjae hyung would meet you behind the school later. Be sure no one’s following you, ok? I’ll be there to guard as well,” Jongup smiled.

“Oh, ok. I will but can Ah Neul come?” Hyomi asked catching the attentio of Ah Neul who was still writing down something.

“What?” Ah Neul asked.

“Uhm,” Jongup thought tapping his chin. “Ok, if that’s what you want. I bet they wouldn’t mind anyways,” Jongup shrugged.

“What are you guys talking about?” Ah Neul asked.

“They’re going to bring me to their hidden place,” Hyomi whispered to Ah Neul.

“Oh, jeongmal? That’s great! Then what does that has to do with me?” Ah Neul asked.

“Well, uhm, it’s awkward if it’s just me so you get what I mean?” Hyomi asked.

“Oh,” Ah Neul looked at Jongup who just shrugged but it was obvious that they want some alone time with Hyomi so she smirked.

“Sorry but I have something to do.” Ah Neul pretended to be so sorry with a pouting as she gathered her things, ready to leave. “I’ll see you guys later. I really need to go now, bye!” Ah Neul said and quickly left. Hyomi was left dumbfounded. She faced Jongup and he just shrugged.

“Then you would’ve to go alone,” Jongup said and then nodded to the door. “Go first,” he said and Hyomi pouted.

“Ah Neul, she keep on leaving me this past few days. I wonder what’s up,” she wondered loudly making Jongup laugh. She stood up and made her way to the door. She looked back once more to Jongup before walking to the back of the school like what Jongup said. Jongup sighed, shaking his head as he watched her walk away.

 “What a naïve girl,” he thought before standing up and left the room.

Hyomi’s POV

I made my way to the back of the school being careful. I kept looking back every minute or so just to make sure no one’s following me. I never knew what they’re doing is so hard. They kept on sneaking around the campus. They’re lucky they were not even thought to be a burglar. I soon reached the back of the school and I looked back once to check and sure that there was no one, I looked in front to be startled by Youngjae’s face a few inches away from me.

“Whoah,” I said stepping back.

“Sorry, let’s go?” Youngjae asked.

“Ah, yeah,” I said feeling awkward suddenly. He nodded and led the way. I quietly followed him after looking back one more time. Soon, we reached a old looking court.

“This is the place?” I asked as I looked around and he nodded.

“NOONA!”

“HYOMI!” Voices shouted making me turn to where it came from and found Zelo and Himchan running their way to us and surprisingly, they weren’t wearing any masks. Even though I’ve seen them so many times without a mask, I still can’t help but to admire them.

“We thought you’re not coming,” Zelo grinned.

“Why wouldn’t I?” I said and they smiled.

“Let’s go,” Himchan said grabbing my hand which made me uncomfortable since no guy would hold my hand except for Baekhyun oppa and well, Sehun but I'm quite feeling awkward still since I have this thing for him. I got used with EXO oppas holding me though so I don’t bother myself much about it but with BAP, it’s still quite awkward.

We reached the other two and Yongguk oppa greeted me with a warm smile. Daehyun though looked as if he didn’t know I was there. Fine. Ignore me. As if I care. I unconsciously rolled my eyes.

“Are you mad?” Yongguk oppa asked making my eyes widen.

“What? No!” I said.

“Oh,” he said and smirked. I don’t know what it meant but I don’t want to know either. Jongup soon came and joined us.

“YES! At last!” Jongup said happily.

“What at last?” I asked.

“We’re just happy you joined us,” He said, eyes smiling. Now, I wonder, why isn’t he still removing his mask? Also Daehyun well, I don’t care about him but Jongup?

“Aren’t you afraid I might tell it to anyone or someone would know?” I said and the smirked.

“As if you would,” Youngjae said and I pouted.

“Yeah right,” I said.

“Uhm, we don’t have anything to eat,” Zelo said.

“That’s why we’re buying,” Yongguk oppa said standing up from the bleachers.

“Where?” Youngjae asked.

“Just come, kaja,” Yongguk oppa said grabbing Youngjae’s arm.

“Wait, yah, hyung,” Youngjae struggled.

“I guess they need me there. We’ll be back,” Himchan oppa said following the two.

“That was weird,” I uttered.

“You’ll get use to them,” Jongup laughed. It was suddenly quiet.

“Hyung, I’ll go to the toilet. Be back,” Zelo said and went running away.

It was quieter because for some unknown reason, it felt awkward. I sat on the bleacher, just looking around. They weren’t talking so might as well shut my mouth. I blew the hair that fell in front of my face but it didn’t budge. I was surprised when a hand caught it before I did. I looked at who it was and found Jongup.

“You lazy girl,” he said curling it behind my ear. I was left speechless. Suddenly, we heard a cough. We turned to found Daehyun looking far of distance.

“Get a room if you want to do such things. You’re not alone here, you know?” He said, not looking at us. I made a face looking away.

“Wae, you jealous?” Jongup said.

“What a nice joke,” Daehyun said rolling his eyes. Jongup smirked.

“So, Hyomi, what do you think of this place?” Jongup asked.

“It’s peaceful, I guess, but it’s hard to go here,” I said, pouting.

“I know right? You’ll get used to it in the future,” he said making me think. This is not the first and last time? “You’re coming back, right?” He said.

“I don’t know,” I said honestly because with my problems, I’m not sure if I even have the courage to talk to them when I see them at the corridor.

“Suit yourself,” I looked to my right and glared.

“Also, with this guy around, I don’t think I’m even welcome here,” I said. Jongup looked back and forth to us before laughing.

“You two are like cat and dog,” he said. “When are you planning to be friends?” He asked.

“Never.” We both said then glared at each other.

“O-Kay. Easy guys,” Jongup said smirking. “Then, can I ask something?” He said and I nodded. He looked at Daehyun first then looked at me. “Do I have I chance?” What? I blinked in surprised. What did he mean by that? “I’m just joking,” he laughed and my cheeks felt so warm. I faked a laugh and smiled.

“Of course, I know that.” I said. Minutes later, Zelo came back followed by the other guys.

“We’re back! Did we miss something?” Himchan oppa asked as he set a plastic in front of us. I shook my head.

“Nothing. It was actually quiet.” I said smiling. He smiled back and slung an arm over my shoulder making me shudder. Someone then pushed his arm away and I found Zelo glaring down at his hyung.

“No touch hyung. Noona’s mine,” he said making me chuckle. He’s so cute.

“Who said so?” Himchan oppa said.

“Me?” Zelo said.

“Then choose, Zelo or me?” Himchan oppa said startling me.

“Yah, you two childish guys. Stop it and let’s begin eating,” Yongguk oppa said and I sighed in relief as they obeyed. We did a circle on the ground after dusting it off a little.

“How are you going to eat?” I asked Jongup as we sat beside each other while Zelo was at my other side after fighting with Himchan oppa for it.

“Well, how do a normal person eat?” He asked, half-chuckling.

“I know that.” I said rolling my eyes. “You know, are you going to remove your mask?” I asked. He looked at his hyungs and Zelo before shrugging.

“I guess not. I’ll just watch you eat.” He said.

“Are you joking? You cannot not eat,” I said sternly, pouting.

“Yah, I’m not weak, ok? I ate enough during the first break since I know you’re coming during lunch.” He said. I punched him softly on the shoulder.

“Don’t you trust me?” I asked, starting to doubt him.

“Of course I trust you. I just, just eat, ok?” He said and I sighed.

“Fine, if you say so. Just don’t whine to me later when you get hungry,” I said and he nodded, proudly.

 I shook my head and started to eat until I remembered one more guy who refuses to remove his mask. I looked at our circle and found him nowhere. I looked around and found him with his back facing us at the bleachers, his mask lying in front of him. I wanted to laugh. Why won’t he just eat with us? I mean, I’ve seen his face, right? There’s nothing to hide actually.

“Just let him be,” I looked at Yongguk oppa and he smirked.

“Ah, yeah, just wondering but don’t mind me.” I smiled.

“He gets so stubborn at times,” Himchan oppa said. I nodded in understanding.

“Yeah,” I said. I know he’s stubborn. Very stubborn.

We then continued eating while chatting but the stare Jongup gives me makes me uncomfortable. The fact also that we’re eating and he’s not makes me feel so bad. I then stopped eating and faced him.

“Can you stop staring at me?” I asked and he shrugged. I then heard the others laugh. I felt myself turn pink. I didn’t mean to say it that loud.

“You know what Hyomi, he always tells stories of you to us before until we all get our ears so tired but his stories are interesting especially when he tells it in—“

“STOP IT HYUNG!” Jongup said. I laughed.

“You do, Jongup?” I asked in a teasing voice, facing him. I actually thought of it as a joke but with how Jongup reacted, I doubt. But why?

“It’s just that, uhm, you’re my first girl best friend,” he said and I noticed his ears turning pink. I chuckled and just nodded not wanting to get him more embarrassed.

Daehyun’s POV

Why in the world did they think of bringing her here? I thought this place is just ours, all ours. But here goes this dimwit joining us. I can’t stand her presence though there’s this feeling that having her around made it livelier.

I missed bickering with her and I know that’s crazy. Though I ate at the bleachers, my back facing them, I could hear clearly what they’re saying and at some point, it makes me smile and laugh. I don’t even know why I need to be so secretive when she knows almost everything about me already. Just almost, not all.

I looked back and saw her smiling and I admit it, she looks undeniably pretty. But dumb. Did that even make sense? The thing that caught my attention was Jongup. He was staring at her differently and I know what that means. He likes her. Big time. Just with his actions you could say he is in love with her. The things he does to her when the three of us were together make me feel uncomfortable and annoyed. I don’t want to know either why I’m annoyed. I don’t see why he likes her that much. She isn’t that smart considering she’s also a dimwit. She isn’t that pretty nor is she talented. I just don’t find the reason why.

Suddenly, maknae Zelo asked something.

“Noona, where do you live?” He asked chewing on his food.

“I, uh,”

“She lives near my workplace, right?” Jongup said and I noticed her reluctantly nodding. Of course I know she lives there. I just wondered if she’ll say the truth or not and wise of her, she did or else I might have held it against her. Joking. Note, joke is half meant.

“Then can we visit you?! Your auntie won’t mind right?! Daehyun hyung also lives nearby!” Zelo giddily asked. I then felt pairs of eyes on me.

“He does?” Hyomi asked.

“You just heard him right? Are you deaf or what?” I uttered.

“Yup. Can we?” Zelo asked again.

“You can but, uh,” she stuttered that made me so curious. I knew it. She’s keeping something.

“Please? No one would get mad right? Besides, we’ll tell them we’re just your friend. We can bring Ah Neul too!” I mentally face palmed myself thinking how they could talk as if they own the house saying they would bring him and her.

“It’s ok if you don’t want. We won’t force you,” Yongguk hyung said.

“No, it’s not that. I’ll think about it. I’ll ask auntie and uhm, my cousin since he hates someone being at home,” she said.

“Then that’s great then! I’m sure he’ll say yes!” Himchan hyung said.

“Huh?” Hyomi asked surprised.

“Won’t he be happy that good looking guys like his cousin?” Himchan hyung said making me roll my eyes.

“Of course he will. I’ll tell him,” she said and they all cheered like kids. I wonder. When we go to her house, it’ll also be a key for me to know more about her. That’s right. For once, I liked Himchan hyung’s persistence.

The bell rang just in time when all of us finished and we cleaned the place before we went back to our respective classrooms.


HI! SORRY! I know I haven't updated for like a week. It's because I had some writers block. I'm so sorry about that. I still hope though that you would stick with me 'til the end! THANK YOU!