Birthday Plans

Wishing Upon A Flower

Let Us Just Love by A Pink


Chapter 45 – Birthday Plans

“It’s her birthday this coming week,” Baekhyun said as they hanged around the city one Saturday afternoon.

“Then we should make a surprise party for her!” Minseok said, happily.

“It would be nice if we could make her feel good since it’s her first birthday without her parents,” Kris said and everybody agreed.

“What do you think, Sehun?” Suho asked. Sehun stared into space though, not until Luhan nudged him.

“Huh?” Sehun asked, turning to them.

“Are you even listening?” Lay asked, smirking.

“Sorry but no,” he said. He had been thinking of his own plans for Hyomi’s birthday. He wants it to be special. Something he’s hoping would succeed. It was too obvious, actually, that he would think of something more than what his hyungs would do because for him, Hyomi’s happiness would also equate to his happiness, or even more.

“Let’s leave him be. For sure he wants to do something for her,” Kyungsoo commented.

“Well, whatever it is, be sure it’ll be good, Oh Sehun or else,” Baekhyun punched his left hand to his right palm before nodding, “I’ll not forgive you.” Sehun laughed.

“Of course, hyung. You know all I want is for her to be happy,” Sehun said.

“Ei! Stop with being so sweet, not with us!” Kai made a disgusted face then laughed. The others laughed as well, while Sehun rolled his eyes, smirking.

Hyomi’s POV

The sun shone down on me as soon as I stepped out the house. I stretched and breathe in.

“Good morning~!” I sang but quickly put my hand down to my sides when I noticed Chanyeol and Kris oppa standing like two big towers in front of our gate. “Oppas?” I blinked and went towards the gate, opening it.

“Hey. We see you’re happy,” they smiled.

“Well, being sad is not necessary, right?” I said. They looked at each other before smiling back at me.

“Of course,” Kris oppa said and I smiled.

“Oh, come on in. I’ll call Baekhyun oppa,” I said but they pulled me back.

“Actually, we came here for you,” Chanyeol oppa said.

“Me? Why?” I said and spun around to face them.

“Nothing. Can’t we invite our muse out?” They both grinned and I rolled my eyes.

“You’re trying to flutter me again, aren’t you?” I crossed my arms over my chest and eyed them.

“Are we succeeding?” Chanyeol oppa said and I smacked him on the shoulder.

“Yeah, right.” I said and they grinned. They pushed me inside and I stumbled until I got in the house. “Yah!” I said.

“Go get ready. We’ll wait here,” they both said, smiling.

“Tell me why first,” I asked.

“Why? Don’t you want to be with us?” Chanyeol oppa pouted. I tried to not be affected by it but he didn’t fail to do so. I sighed.

“Ok! I’ll be right back,” I said and ran up to wash up and change. It took me fifteen minutes to get ready. Baekhyun oppa accompanied them so I guess that’s why they weren’t bored. I don’t really know where we are going but since I’m not doing anything today, might as well spend time with them. I went down and met them at the living room. They all smiled upon seeing me.

“Are you ready? Let’s go,” Kris oppa said, smiling. I slowly nodded, still wondering where on earth are we going. I turned to Baekhyun oppa for an answer but he just shrugged. I walked out the house, following Chanyeol and Kris oppa.

“Take care of my cousin or else,” Baekhyun oppa said. Chanyeol oppa smirked before slinging his arm on my shoulder making me flinch. It was sudden that’s why. But I’m not saying I’m not used to it because every single member does that to me. I don’t bother anymore to tell them to stop because I’ve told them many times but they never listen. Stubborn guys.

“Of course we would. So let’s go? We can’t waste time,” Chanyeol oppa said. Before I could say anything, Chanyeol oppa dragged me away while Kris oppa followed us.

After a couple of minutes of walking,, we arrived the bus stop and got on. We sat at the farthest seats since we are three. Silence fell on us the time we sat and it had been like that until I decided to break it. I looked up at them and it seemed as if they don’t notice. I pouted and nudged them both on their sides. They were both startled and I laughed at them.

“Yah, you mean girl,” Chanyeol oppa pouted and I stuck my tongue out on me.

“You two are the ones who are mean. You brought me out then you’re ignoring me,” I crossed my arm over my chest and leaned on the backrest. I looked so childish then but I couldn’t help it. Kris oppa flicked my forehead and immediately, I touched the sore part and glared at him. “Oppa!” I said and they both laughed.

“Do you want to do something? Like shopping, eating or just anything?” Kris oppa asked and I thought. Something I want to do? Well, I don’t want to do anything right now but I’ve been waiting to go to Yeouido Park with the oppas and play there with them but since I’m just with Kris and Chanyeol oppa, I’ll just think of other places. But what?

“Uhm…” I said and they looked at me, waiting for an answer. “I’ll be fine with anything. You were the ones who dragged me out of the hosue so you should at least have a plan,” I said shrugging.

“Well, we were planning to ask you where to go. That’s our plan,” Chanyeol oppa said and I smacked his arm.

“So sarcastic,” I said and he grinned.

“I know now where to go,” Kris oppa said and I turned to look at him.

“Where?” I asked and he smiled, giving Chanyeol oppa a knowing look.

“You’ll know,” Kris oppa said and I rolled my eyes.

“Ok~” I sang and waited where they would bring me. At times like this, all you have to do is to trust. Trust.

After an hour of ride, walking, and the likes, we arrived in front of the COEX Mall. My eyes widened. It’s my first time to go here, seriously. I’m from Busan and I grew up there so I didn’t really have a chance to go here. When I went to Seoul once to visit Baekhyun oppa for a vacation, he just brought me to some amusement parks and famous streets.

“TADA~!” Chanyeol oppa said spreading his right hand, pointing to the entrance of the COEX Mall.

“Welcome to the COEX Mall!” Kris oppa said. All I could do was to stare at it in awe as a smile drew on the corner of my lips.

“You like it here?” Chanyeol oppa asked and I nodded.

“Yeah! Thank you! I’ve been planning to go here but I didn’t get the chance to,” I smiled and they both nodded, smiling.

“Let’s go then. Our time is limited. Kaja!” Chanyeol oppa said and grabbed my arm, pulling me inside.

We visited many shops, bought some things, and then visited the best place for me, the Book Store and Music Store. Seeing variety of books made my eyes twinkle. Though I don’t fancy reading books a lot, I do take interest in them. The record store, or the music store, is what I enjoyed the most. Chanyeol oppa and Kris oppa introduced me some great songs and even sang some for me. I didn’t know though that they were that good in singing. It amazed me more and made me proud that I have such amazing oppas.

After hours of strolling around and buying some stuff which were mostly paid by Chanyeol and Kris oppa even though I didn’t tell them to, we went to eat at a restaurant. We got a table and sat there. After ordering, we chatted which led to a question that surprised me.

“Do you like Sehun?” Kris oppa asked.

“W-What?” I asked, choking on my drink. Chanyeol oppa patted my back.

“Are you ok?” He asked and I nodded.

“Why did you think so?” I asked. He shrugged.

“Just wondering. You two were the closest from the start so we thought you were already developed or something,” Kris oppa said making me blush but I hope they didn’t notice.

“I think she does. Look at his cheeks,” Chanyeol oppa smirked. I covered my cheeks and they both laughed. Our food arrived in a few minutes and finally, I got away from the question. Not totally though but whatever. We ate while talking about random stuff until Kris oppa excused himself to go to the washroom. Chanyeol oppa’s phone rang a few minutes later and he also excused himself. The phone call seemed to be important so I didn’t mind.

Seconds turned to minutes until I noticed that they were both taking long. I looked around the restaurant but they were nowhere in sight. Ok. Don’t tell me they’re playing a prank on me. I stood up from our table and checked the washroom. I couldn’t go in the men’s washroom of course so I just called out his name but there was no answer. I went back to the table and got my phone. I tried calling them but neither answered.

“Where did they go?!” I sighed.

“Hyomi?” I turned and saw Minseok, Chen, and Lay oppa.

“Oh, oppa, what are you doing here?” I asked.

“We’re the one who’s supposed to ask you that. What are you doing here, alone?” Lay oppa said. I looked at the now empty seats of Chanyeol and Kris oppa and shook my head.

“No, I’m with Kris and Chanyeol oppa but they suddenly disappeared,” I shrugged. They chuckled.

“Then, do you want to come with us? I don’t think they would come back,” Chen oppa said.

“But,” I said.

“They’ve been gone for long already, right?” Minseok oppa asked and I nodded.

“Then we’re sure they aren’t coming back. Let’s go,” Lay oppa said and grabbed my arm.

“But wait, what if they come back? I can’t leave them,” I said.

“Aigoo. It’s fine. They left you anyway and let you wait then you dump them also,” Minseok oppa said and I glared at him. He just grinned. “I’m just joking but let’s go, really. I’m sure it’ll be fine with them. I’ll send them a message so don’t worry,” he said and I just sighed. Luckily, I finished my food and we left right after. The food was paid, surprisingly so I didn’t have to pay anything.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Where do you want? We’re free right now anyway so anywhere would do as long as it’s possible to go there of course,” Lay oppa said. I thought.

“I don’t know,” I said.

“There should be at least a place,” Chen oppa said. I thought once again. I know there is a place but like what I said, I want to go there with all twelve of them.

“I have but I want to save it for later,” I said.

“What is that?” Minseok oppa asked.

“Secret~” I stuck my tongue out.

“Aigoo, then how about the Itaewon Tourist District? Have you been there?” Chen oppa asked and I shook my head. “Then let’s go there!” He said. I nodded, smiling.

“I don’t know what’s so special today why you are taking me outside but I’m happy,” I said and they smiled back.

“You should always be happy because if not, we’ll also be not. That would be unfair,” Lay oppa said and I stuck my tongue out on him. They chuckled. We then went to the Itaewon Tourist District.

It took a little while until we reached the Itaewon Tourist District but it was worth it the wait. The place was so beautiful. They were so many toursists, obviously, shops, and restaurants around the district. Walking, we joked and played around. Just with that, I already felt happy. We didn’t buy too many things unlike when I was in the COEX Mall with Kris and Chanyeol oppa but instead, we played at a few arcades and they won me some things.

A few hours later, we took a break and sat at a nearby park while eating ice cream.

“Thank you, oppas,” I smiled and they smiled back, Minseok oppa ruffling my hair.

“It’s nothing, dongsaeng-ah,” he smiled. While taking a break, I was surprised to see Kyungsoo, Suho, and Tao oppa.

“Oppas! What are you doing here?” I asked.

“What are YOU doing here with them?” Kyungsoo oppa asked. I looked at Minseok, Chen, and Lay oppa and they just shrugged.

“Kris and Chanyeol oppa left me but luckily, Minseok, Chen, and Lay oppa came and kept me company,” I said and they nodded.

“Then, can we also keep you company?” Tao oppa said.

“Sure. You could come with us,” I said. “Right, oppas?” I asked, looking at the three of them.

“Actually, we need to go,” Minseok oppa said checking his wristwatch. “I forgot we got an appoint to attend to. We’re really sorry,” he said.

“Huh? It’s ok. It looks very important,” I smiled and they smiled back.

“They’re here anyway. I’m sure they would keep you company,” Lay oppa said, patting me on the head.

“Neh, thank you, oppas,” I said and they nodded before the three of them left, hurrying. Looks like it’s really important.  Well, I have Kyungsoo, Suho, and Tao oppa.

“So,” Suho oppa said, sitting beside me. “What should we do?” He asked. I shrugged.

“Why are you all asking me?” I asked.

“Because you’re our dongsaeng,” he said.

“That’s not a reason, oppa,” I said.

“Well, for me it is,” he said and I sighed. I couldn’t argue with him.

“If you don’t know where to go, then we’ll be the one to bring you somewhere,” Tao oppa said. The three of them exchanged looks and before I knew it, they were already pulling me to the bus stop.

“Where are we going?” I asked as we waited for the bus.

“Cheonggye Stream,” Tao oppa said, grinning.

“Oh?! Jeongmal?!” I said, getting giddy. I love that place so much. I first saw it when Baekhyun oppa brought me there when I once visited Seoul and I loved it since then. They nodded, smiling.

“Yup,” Suho oppa said.

“Let’s go!” I said getting on the bus before them. I looked back at them and they looked at each other before, chuckling and shaking their heads.

The ride was full of storytelling but I enjoyed it. I knew more about them and they knew more about me. We reached the place in an hour and I practically ran down at stairs and stared at the flowing stream in awe. It never fails to amaze me.

“Are you happy?” Kyungsoo oppa asked and without thinking twice, I nodded.

“Yup, so much. Thank you oppas!” I said and gave them hugs. I don’t know what I did to deserve them as my oppas. They made me so happy today even though there’s nothing special.

Playing around, we splashed some water to each other, making as wet but even so, we didn’t mind it and just enjoyed. The time went by and I didn’t notice that it was already slowly getting dark. We went to sit on a stone bench and rested for a while. We were laughing though the coldness penetrated us as we were drenched in water.

“That was fun,” I said and they nodded.

“It sure was but look, we’re wet,” Kyungsoo oppa said and I laughed.

“At least we had fun,” Suho oppa said. I smiled, nodding.

“Whoah, did you take a bath?” The four of us looked up and saw Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kai oppa staring down at us with wide eyes.

“Aren’t you with Chanyeol and Kris hyung?” Baekhyun oppa said. I nodded.

“Yes, a while ago, I was,” I said.

“Then why?” He asked.

“It’s a long story,” Tao oppa said.

“You guys should get a change of clothes or you’ll catch a cold,” Luhan oppa said, handing me his jacket. I thanked him.

“OW, hyung, how about us!” Tao oppa said and Luhan oppa just rolled his eyes.

“Let’s just go and buy new pair of clothes. It’s better than you guys getting sick. Let’s go,” Luhan oppa said and we all walked away, shivering. 

We rode on the bus once again and went to Apgujeong Rodeo Street. We strolled around, looking for a place to buy new clothes. I stopped them from buying to expensive clothes but we ended up in a luxurious store.

“Let’s go somewhere else. It’s too expensive here,” I whispered. They ignored me and continued to look for clothes. My eyes widened at the prices of the clothes. Even though I could buy such stuff, I wouldn’t just buy because I needed a change of clothes right now. It’s too expensive!

“We’ll go change now,” Kyungsoo, Suho, and Tao oppa said as they got their own set of clothes. I peeked on the prices and I can’t believe my eyes. It was so expensive!

“Are you sure, oppas? That’s too expensive,” I told them and they laughed. They didn’t answer me and went to change.

“Now, you?” Kai oppa said. I looked at him. “You need to change also,” he said.

“I know but it’s too expensive here!” I said.

“We’ll pay so don’t worry,” Luhan oppa said, smiling.

“What? No way!” I said.

“Aish, stop being stubborn and just pick,” Baekhyun oppa said pushing me to the rack of clothes.

“No, it’s expensive!” I said.

“You know what, I couldn’t remember how many times you said that,” Kai oppa said.

“But it’s true!” I said. Luhan oppa sighed and looked through the rack of clothes instead. One by one, he put clothes in front of me and checked if it suits me until he got one.

“Try this,” he said. I looked at the clothes and I quickly shook my head.

“No. I don’t wear dresses,” I said.

“Then now you would,” he said before pushing me inside a changing booth.

“Aniyo,” I said pushing the door open but they push the door close again.

Tired, I gave up and looked at the clothes. It was a skirt that reached above my knees and a white shirt that is to be tucked in the skirt. Sighing, I removed my clothes and changed to it. It took a while until I finished wearing it. I was a bit conscious as I opened the door and Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kai oppa looked up at me. I couldn’t describe it but I think I look so bad right now.

“So?” I asked. The three of them broke into a smile before giving me thumbs up. I puffed my cheeks, not wanting to believe them. Luhan oppa cluck his tongue, before grinning.

“I’m sure it’ll be perfect with this,” he said and put a yellow cardigan. I turned to look at myself at the mirror and couldn’t believe that I did wear a dress even though there aren’t any occasions.

“Let’s pay for that and get you a new hairstyle,” Kai oppa said.

“What? New hairstyle?” I asked following them to the cashier.

“Yup. You need a new look. You have been like that since our last visit in Busan year ago,” Baekhyun oppa said and I glared at me.

“Am not,” I said.

“Yes you are so stop arguing and just trust us, ok?” He said. I sighed in defeat. After we have paid for the hundred thousand won dress, we left the store but I remembered that Kyungsoo, Suho, and Tao oppa was with us.

“Wait. Where’s Kyungsoo, Suho, and Tao oppa?” I asked.

“Them? They left already,” Kai oppa said.

“What? Why?” I asked and they shrugged.

“They didn’t tell,” Baekhyun oppa said. I nodded and sighed.

“I wasn’t able to thank them,” I muttered.

Later, we reached a hair salon and a girl welcomed us. She led me to a chair while they talked to another girl by the receiving area. Minutes later, they approached me and smiled.

“I’m sure you’ll be the most beautiful girl tonight,” Baekhyun oppa said and I softly smack him on the arm.

“What are you saying?” I said. They just shrugged. Minutes later, someone came and started the necessaries before she started touching my hair. The three of them sat at the couches at the receiving area, talking. “Wait. But may I know what hairstyle you’re going to do?” I asked. She nodded and showed me a picture. I slowly nodded before I gave back the picture to her. My hair wouldn’t be changed that much except that they would be putting some curls on the end and they would be cutting some of my hair and put a fringe on me.  

It took half an hour to get my hair finished and another girl came and put some foundation on my face and put on a lipgloss. I didn’t know it was part of the package but looking at myself at the mirror, I couldn’t believe it was me.

“Whoah, look at that,” Baekhyun oppa said. I looked at them from the mirror and they were smiling. I looked down, biting my lower lip. Suddenly, someone touch my chin and pushed it up.

“Don’t hide your face, Hyomi. You should be proud and let them see how beautiful you are,” Luhan oppa said and his warm smile melted me inside. I smiled back.

“Thank you,” I said.

“Now, there’s only one more thing to do,” Kai oppa said and I looked at him.

“What?” I asked and they just grinned.

“Let’s go,” Baekhyun oppa said and we left after paying.

We got on a cab and the place Luhan oppa said surprised me.

“Namsan Tower?” I asked and they smiled, nodding. “Why there?” I asked.

“Why, you don’t want?” Kai oppa said and I shook my head.

“No, it’s not that. You guys have been bringing me to places since a while ago. There’s nothing special though, or there is?” I asked looking at them. They exchanged looks before shrugging.

“You’ll know later, Hyomi,” Baekhyun oppa said. I felt my heart beat race in an indefinite pattern.

I’m starting to notice how they took turn on bringing me to places which I thought at first was just a coincidence but now, I’m slowly thinking it isn’t. They are planning something but what? Am I forgetting something? After an hour or so of ride, we arrived at the Namsan Tower. We went down the cab after paying and we walked to entrance. We went in and paid for our fee before taking the elevator.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“To the children’s theater,” Kai oppa said.

“What? Why there? We aren’t kids anymore,” I said.

“We know but you just have to wait and see,” Baekhyun oppa said and soon, we reached the children’s theater and what I saw stunned me.


UPDATED! 

Sorry it took long but I hope this chapter didn't disappoint you. Just a little cliffhanger though :))

Please wait for the next chapter! Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors. :) Thank you!

:)