Math

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

 

Sorry I Can't by C-Real


Chapter 43 – Math

Daehyun’s POV

She went back to the living room after and continued with her school works. I, on the other hand, finished the food and put it on the sink after. I walked to the living room and she didn’t even notice me as she just continued to gaze at her book. I don’t even know if she’s studying or not. I looked at what she was doing and it gave me the reason why she’s just staring at her book and not doing anything.

“You know what, the answer won’t appear if you just stare at it,” I smirked as I sat on where I sat a while ago. She stuck her tongue out on me.

“Whatever. Math is hard, you know?! It’s making me have terrible headaches every time,” she groaned.

“Aren’t you a little over reacting?” I teased and she just rolled her eyes.

“Who asked for your opinion anyways,” she said and continued staring at the equation on her book. I just shrugged. After a while of watching her not moving an inch, I looked at her and saw how her eyes are slowly closing.

I was about to shake her and wake her up when I noticed how she looked so peaceful. I sighed. I slowly reached for her face. I don’t know what got into me why I did that but before I could even put a finger, I pulled my hand back. I felt my cheeks burn. My heart went fast and I tried to calm it down by inhaling and exhaling. After, I looked at her unfinished school work. Without thinking more, I slowly got her book that lie under her arms. She squirmed a little so I stopped and when she didn’t wake up, I had already pulled the book and place it on my lap.

I checked the equations she had answered and some of it was right. I didn't know she was this bad in math. I then got the pen she had dropped because of falling asleep and answered the other equations left. I also answered those she got wrong. After answering all of it, I heard the door click open. Sht. That’s my mom!

“Daehyun-ah, I’m home,” she said. I bit my lower lip. She stepped in the living room and was shocked to see Hyomi sleeping. I put a finger on my lips but it was late as Hyomi woke up. She rubbed her eyes and when she noticed my mom, she immediately stood up knocking her bag down. She didn’t mind it and just bowed.

“Annyeong haseyo,” she said. I silently chuckle to myself. I didn’t know she’s a shy girl though she had a looks of it. It’s just that I met her and she’s not like that.

“Oh, annyeong,” my mom greeted and turned to look at me and I could see how clueless she was.

“O-Omma, this is Hyomi, my friend,” I said. I even forced those words out my mouth since we’re clearly not friends. Hyomi bowed again.

“It’s nice to see you, ma’am,” Hyomi said.

“Oh, I see. I’m Daehyun’s mom. It’s nice to meet you,” my mom said with a smile. It also made me smile since I could see how mom accepted her that fast without other questions. Hyomi stood firm on her position and I couldn’t help but to laugh. She noticed it and gave me a look. I smirked. “Oh, someone cooked?” My mom asked.

“Ah, yeah. Hyomi cooked,” I said. I felt Hyomi tugged on my shirt. She shook her head.

“Don’t let her eat it, please,” she pleaded in a soft voice. I pretended as if I didn’t hear her and gave her a what face. She repeat what she said and I did the same. She sighed.

“You cooked this?” My mom said after tasting the food. Hyomi slowly nodded. “This tastes good for a young lady’s cook,” my mom said and right that instant, I felt Hyomi look at me so I avoided her gaze and walked over to the kitchen.

“It tastes good? But why...” I tried to keep on fooling around. I tasted it again. “Oh, why didn’t it taste good a while ago?” I said and glanced at Hyomi who puffed her cheeks. I secretly smiled.

“I was supposed to cook something for dinner but I guess Hyomi cooked enough,” my mom smiled as she looked at Hyomi.

“Ah, n-neh,” Hyomi stuttered and I find it adorable.

“Have you eaten then?” My mom asked. Hyomi shook her head. “Oh, waeyo? Did my son didn’t allow you?” My mom said and I felt my cheeks burn.

“A-Ani,” she said shaking her head.

“Come join me then. You should taste how good your cooking is,” my mom said and motioned her over. Hyomi gave me a look and I just shrugged. She then made way to the table and my mom motioned her to sit. She did and my mom placed a bowl in front of her and poured some kimchi jjigae.

“Thank you,” Hyomi slightly bowed and my mom smiled. My mom looked at me.

“You don’t want to eat again?” My mom asked and even though I like to, I said no.

“I’m already full. I’ll just watch TV,” I said and walked to the living room and opened the TV. Though the TV is on, I was watching Hyomi and my mom eat and talk at the same time.

I can’t myself but smile. I knew they would get along fast though I didn’t expect that they would get this close. It’s as if they’ve known each other for a long time. After a few minutes of them eating and talking and me watching them, they finished. Hyomi insisted cleaning the dishes but my mom said that she’s a guest. Hyomi had no choice but to go back to the living room. She plopped down the couch. She got her books and other things and put it inside her bag. Is she leaving already? I looked at the clock and saw that it was already late. It’s actually past the two hours I said. She came here around six and it’s already nine.

“Aren’t you looked for at home?” I asked not taking my eyes of the TV. She looked at the clock and flinch.

“I’m late!” She said. “I already had to go,” she said as she closed her bag. My mom then came.

“You’re going to leave already?” She asked and Hyomi nodded, bowing.

“Sorry. My cousin might be worried already,” Hyomi said, bowing.

“It’s ok. It’s late. Let Daehyun bring you home,” my mom said making my eyes wide.

“What?!” I said and my mom gave me a firm look.

“She had helped you today so you should at least bring her home,” my mom said. She didn’t even do anything besides to cook for me. Well, she kept me company. 

“It’s ok, eommonim. My house is just nearby. I’ll just go home by myself,” she said and it shocked me a little since she called my mom, eommonim. My mom shook her head.

“No, I insist. Daehyun,” my mom said. I know I couldn’t say no but it’s ok too since I’ve been waiting to go to her house and know why she didn't want anyone of us to go to her house.

“Neh,” I said. Hyomi looked at me and I just nodded to the door. I wore my shoes and opened the door. Hyomi bowed to my mom before following me and wore her shoes as well. As soon as we both stepped out the house, my mom stood by the door.

“Be careful you two,” my mom said. Hyomi nodded and bowed. She kept on bowing, I swear.

“Thank you, eommonim,” she said.

“It’s nothing. Come back again and I’ll make sure to cook you something!” My mom said making me surprised. Then does that mean she’s going back?

“Ah, neh, I will,” Hyomi smiled. After that, we both left.

The walk was quiet as I thought it would be. It had been awkward since a while ago. I got used to us bickering and teasing each other that is why it felt different. I just followed her since I don’t know where her house is when she stopped when we turned around a corner.

“Let’s stop here. I’ll walk the rest on my own,” she said before turning and walking away.

“Wait. No. My mom would get mad at me,” I said as I followed her. She stopped so I stopped as well. I looked at her and she sighed.

“I know but you can’t,” she said and that made me more curious.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because........” She said and I waited for her to continue. “Because we’re enemies!” She said and nodded. “We’re enemies so you couldn’t bring me home. Who knows what you’ll do,” she said. I scrunched my nose.

“Yah! I’m not that kind of person!” I said. I didn’t know she would think of me that way. I thought she knew me too well about those kinds of things. She just kept quiet. “Fine. Go home by yourself. I’ll not tell mom about it,” I said. She looked at me and nodded. She then started walking away. I don’t know why my blood boiled that moment. I followed her with my eyes and when she looked back, I turned and walked away. When I’m sure she wasn’t looking, I turned but she was already gone. I looked around but there was no sign of her. I walked towards the direction she went and looked at my sides but she was nowhere to be found. She sure was fast. I rubbed the back of my neck and just shrug. It’s not my fault when something happens to her. But…….Aish! I messed my hair and turned back once more before walking home. I just hope she get home safely.

When I got home, I removed my shoes. My mom was calculating some things in the living room when I came.

“Did she get home safe?” My mom asked and I just nodded. “Great then. You know what,” my mom said. “I pity her.”

“Bwoh, waeyo?” I asked.

“She looked so happy in the outside but in the inside, she was yearning,” my mom sighed.

“What do you mean, mom?” I asked as I walked near her.

“Her parents died just a few months ago. No wonder she leaved with her cousin’s family. You didn't know?” my mom said. It shocked me. That's why she was so sentimental when we were in Busan.

"No," I said.

“So you,” my mom gave me an intent look, “should be good to her and take care of her. You understand?” My mom said and I nodded.

“Neh,” I said.

“Go and take a rest already. You would need it tomorrow in school,” my mom said and I nodded.

I went to my room right after I kissed her on the cheek. I removed my jacket and put it on my bed when something caught my attention. I bent down and got the pain killer pack. I’m sure I didn’t have this kind of pain killer. Is it from Hyomi? But I didn’t let her in my room. Ah, it might’ve fell from her bag when I looked in her bag. How thoughtful of her. I’ll just use this tomorrow if ever I’ll go to school.

I can’t seem to sleep as I stared at the ceiling. The happenings this day kept on repeating in my mind and it made me smile and also sigh. I didn’t know her parents passed away that’s why she transferred to Seoul from Busan. If I knew, I should’ve treated her a little nicely. I know it was stupid of me but I couldn’t turn back the time. I could just learn from it and like my mom said, I’ll be good to her and maybe, take care of her. I couldn’t say I’ll do it. I’ll try. Though I didn’t like the sight of her with Sehun this morning, at least, the day ended with me with her. That’s all that matters. To me at least.

Hyomi, tell me. What are you to my life?

Hyomi’s POV

When Daehyun turned, I took the chance to hide. I’m not sure that he wouldn’t follow me. It’s just being safe. I peeked behind the wall and found him looking around. I breathe out through my mouth. I waited for him to leave before I stepped out my hiding place. I put my hands inside my blazers pocket. I sighed before turning back and walking home.

Somehow, I am thankful Daehyun invited me to their house since I had fun with her mom though it was our first time meeting each other. I’m not sure though if I could go back like what I said to her. I’m not close to Daehyun nor are we in a relationship that I could go to his house anytime.

I got to my house in a few minutes and quietly went in. I couldn’t get caught or else I’ll be scolded. When I got in, it was quiet so I assume that they’re all in their rooms. The lights are also turned off so I quickly went to my room but got shocked to see Baekhyun oppa going through my things. He looked at me and placed down what he was holding before sternly looking at me.

“And where did you came from missy?” He asked.

“I—“ I stuttered. “I took a stroll,” I said.

“Stroll? This late?” He asked.

“Yeah. I need some time to think of some things so yea,” I said.

“What kind of things? Don’t tell me you’re considering going back to Busan?” He said walking towards me.

“W-What? No. Not that,” I said. He thought for a while before nodding.

“Araso but next time make sure to tell me so that I could accompany you too,” he said before ruffling my hair.

“Ah, neh. I will,” I smiled.

“Ok then. Go to bed already. We still have school tomorrow that is if you don't want to run late,” he laughed. It’s just when I remembered how he didn’t wake me up on purpose so that I’ll be late. I’ll just late it slip since he didn’t scold me today. I stuck my tongue out.

“Yeah. Good night oppa,” I said smiling and pushing him out before closing the door, locking it.

I quickly changed my clothes after washing and went to bed. I then remembered my home work in Math. I thought for a while before deciding on doing it the next day. I've had enough for the day.

The next morning, I woke up in my usual and got ready for school. After eating breakfast, we walked to the bus stop and rode in the bus. The ride was noisy since oppa kept on asking questions about my date he says with Sehun yesterday. We got to school with him like that. I left him quickly after we got in the school gates and ran to my classroom.

I walked to my seat and was greeted by Ah Neul. Jongup hasn’t come yet maybe because he was avoiding all his fangirls.

“Did you finish your home work in Math?” Ah Neul asked. My eyes widened remembering it and I scrambled to get my Math book out. I flipped it to the page and I had to slap myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. “So did you?” Ah Neul asked looking over my book. “WHOAH! You answered it all?!” I blinked and turned to her.

“I think, yeah,” I said and slowly nodded. She nudged me.

“When did you get good in math?” She asked. I shrugged. She scoffed before continuing hers. Who could’ve done my homework last night? Wait. Did he do it? Aigoo. I keep owing him.

Our class began a few minutes after and it was Math. Our teacher told us to bring out our home works and almost everyone whined and groaned. I on the other hand had been smiling.

“I should thank him afterwards but how?”


YAY! Double update! How's that? :D 

Please leave a comment! I'll appreciate it! Comments motivates me to update more. Thank you! :)