First Snow

Wishing Upon A Flower

Sky by Super Junior KRY


Chapter 58 – First Snow

Sehun’s POV

I was waiting for Hyomi to get back to the table when at the buffet table, I heard people laughing and that caught my attention.

“What happened?” Jongdae hyung asked craning his neck to see what’s happening. Just then, Minseok hyung stood up and walked over and then he suddenly shouted in one of the scariest voice we’ve heard of him.

“WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!” He shouted and the caught all of our attention so we hurried there and as we got near, I saw Hyomi standing up and running. Wait. So that was her?! DAMN.

“HYOMI!” I called but she didn’t look back so I followed her. But I wasn’t able to catch up with her until she was out of my sight. I panted as I reached out the hotel and looked around.

“Sht. Where are you?”

Hyomi’s POV

He looked at me up and down and I looked away, wiping my tears.

“I’m ok,” I said.

“I’m not asking you if you’re ok,” he said and I closed my eyes tight, cursing under my breath.

“I’ll be going,” I said and turned to walk but feeling the pain on my ankle, I just limped. Curse my ankle that wasn’t healed over time since the vacation. I know it has been too long ago but I also didn’t expect it. I could walk normally but I couldn’t put so much pressure on it since then.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“Somewhere,” I said as I myself didn’t know where to go.

“In that condition?” He asked.

“Why do you care?!” I shouted looking at him, feeling so fed up already of what has been happening. He seemed shocked at first but his eyes turned back to its normal stare. He didn’t say anything but just walked forward, kneeling in front of me back facing me.

“Get on. Don’t act it’s the first time,” he said rolling his eyes.

“What are you saying?” I asked shocked at how he’s been so straight forward.

“Get on or the hard way,” he said. I hesitated as I remembered what happened that time when I didn’t want to obey him. I shook the thought away and started walking away not saying a word. When I thought he didn’t notice, someone lifted me from the ground and because of shock, I held on his neck.

“What are you doing?! Let me go!” I said squirming on his grip.

“Stop will you?” He said as he started walking.

“Let me go! If someone sees us—“

“And so what?” He said getting me shocked. “It’s not as if we’re really something,” he continued in whisper.

“But still,” I said feeling so embarrassed.

“Just shut up. The guys would kill me if they find out that I left you by yourself when I know you’re in this…” He said looking at me and I looked down, feeling uncomfortable. “…mess,” he said. That shut me up. I sure do look like a mess, most probably. After all the food spilling, the running in heels and without it, I probably look like a mess.

In his grasp, my heart was beating so fast that I couldn’t control it. I’m getting conscious because of my weight as he walked more and more into I don’t know where. His scent wafted and lingered in my nose. It wasn’t a scent so strong which I’m thankful for since I easily get nausea smelling strong perfumes or anything that has strong scent.

I glanced at him and turned when he also looked my away. What’s really wrong with him? He’s like this huge box of puzzle with a thousand pieces that I couldn’t put together. Just as I took another glance at him, our eyes locked and my eyes widened in surprise. We both looked away instantly.

“Uhm… Let’s stop here,” he said and I nodded as he placed me down a bench. I looked around and noticed the flowers and trees around decorated with color lights giving off a Christmas feel. This is probably a garden. He sat but placed a safe distance between us.

It was just quiet. I fidgeted with my fingers before I looked at my now stained dress. I bit my lower lip. I hope it can be washed. It’s just new and my aunt gave this to me. I felt anger inside me but I know it wouldn’t lead me anywhere good so I just sighed. I cursed as I remembered that I left all my things at the table and so, there’s no probably contacting me. I also don’t have money to go home.

Just then a phone rang and I’m sure it was Daehyun’s as he brought out his phone. He lazily removed the straps of his mask and placed it down the bench as he pressed on his phone. I don’t know what brought me but I side glanced to see who he was messaging.

“It’s Himchan hyung,” he said as if reading my mind as he put his phone back in his pockets. I looked ahead and felt my face turn warm. Pabo. “Here,” he said removing his jacket.

“It’s okay,” I said refusing to get it.

“Stop being stubborn. I’m already being a nice guy here,” he said pushing the jacket to me.  Without saying a word, I took it and muttered softly thanks before wearing it. “So, what happened?” He asked.

“It’s nothing,” I said.

“Nothing? You call that nothing? You ran out the hotel running in bare feet with your dress stained with what…food? And you call that nothing?” He said. My jaw tightened as my fist clenched. It’s not that I’m mad at him for being like this. It’s just that I know he’s right.

It isn’t nothing, definitely not. After getting embarrassed in front of many people, creating a scene in that almost perfect winter ball, how could something like it be nothing?  But it’s not as if saying it to him would make a difference right? It has happened. The damage was created. Will it change when I tell him? Suddenly, I remembered what the queenkas told me. I glanced at him noticed how his eyes glistened, reflecting all the colorful lights around.

“Why did you do it?” I asked as I stared down the ground.

“Do what?” He asked.

“Why did you tell that to the queenkas?” I asked looking at him.

“What—“

“You know what I mean. You shouldn’t have done that. Do you know what could possibly happen when you anger them? They don’t care as long as they get what they want!” I said, mixture of feelings—anger, hatred, gratitude, sorry—took over me. He didn’t say anything and that made my inside boil more. I never knew his silence could feel like this, it’s as if it’s torturing me and it was not a pleasing feeling.

“I did that because…of BAP. I know you matter a lot for them and I wouldn’t also forgive myself when I know I could help but didn’t just simply because we’re not in good terms,” he said but with what he said, I only heard until the word them.

Them, so it’s only the other five who cares of me and he doesn’t.

Ok. Why am I even fuming about that. He had said that so many times and it isn’t anything new.

“I know right…” I muttered. I felt him gaze at me but I didn’t look back and fixed my attention on the colorful lights that lit up the whole garden. “You’re so confusing…” I thought catching myself off-guard. Did I just say that aloud?

“I’m no confusing…it’s just that…” he said and the next words were inaudible for me.

“What? Can you talk a little louder?” I said, rolling my eyes.

“You’re just dumb like that,” he said and my eyes widened.

“YAH!” I said.

“You made me say it,” he said, grimacing.

“Whatever,” I said having no mood for arguing or maybe because I don’t have anything to say.

“You’re an arrogant, confusing, moody…handsome, fool,” I muttered biting my lower lip after saying. WTF are you saying Hyomi! Get yourself together! I heard him stifle a laugh.

“Handsome? Then you admitted it already,” he said.

“Admitted what? It’s just what other people said. I just said it in their behalf,” I said trying to cover up what I had just said. I heard him laugh and my face heated up that I actually fanned myself with my hand. “Why weren’t you there in the winter ball anyway?” I asked trying to change the topic.

“I was about to go until I saw you,” he said.

“And what if you saw me? You should’ve continued your way to the ball,” I said thinking how his outfit was just a waste since he didn’t even enter the hotel.

“It doesn’t matter. I didn’t want to go anyway,” he said shrugging.

“And why not? Didn’t you guys promise to go?” I asked.

“We didn’t promise anything. We just said we’re coming,” he said, smirking. I scoffed. “Kidding aside, there’s really no use of going there,” he said.

“Why’d you think so?” I asked.

“Because…that someone…” he whispered and a smile grew on my lips.

“OMO! Is THE JUNG DAEHYUN in love with someone?” I said laughing.

“W-WHAT?! NO! IT’S…” He said but I just laughed at him. How interesting. The Jung Daehyun falling in love? That’s what’s new.

Daehyun’s POV

I bit my lip after what I’ve said. Did I just say an indirect confession or something like it? She kept on laughing and for the very first time did I feel so embarrassed around her.

“Stop it,” I said but she didn’t stop, even slapping her thighs. I blew a raspberry. “Stop it or I’ll…” I stopped.

“You’ll what?” She said, now just chuckling. “Is this a miracle? Mr. Arrogant who don’t even give a look at any girls—“ I leaned to her face and she stopped.

My lips stopped a few centimeters above hers and I was stopping myself from leaning more. I saw her eyes widened at my action but she didn’t move maybe of shock. I stared at her eyes and so did she. My heart was beating uncontrollably in my chest. Staying in the position for a minute, everything seemed to stop. The moment felt so unreal. When she looked away, that’s when I snapped back to reality and I leaned back.

“I warned you…” I said and I heard her fake a cough.

It was suddenly awkward and I mentally slapped myself. Just then, it started raining. Not water but snow. Snow. It finally fell. We both looked up and I noticed from the corner of my eyes how Hyomi caught one on her palms.

“The first snow,” she muttered. I looked at her in a way that it seemed as if I’m memorizing her features. I faked a cough before looking away and nodding.

“Yeah, finally,” I said.

“Omma, appa,” I heard her whisper and when I looked at her, a tear had just fallen.

“You love your parents that much huh?” I asked. The fast shifting of topics was something I’m thankful of.

“Uhm...” She said and sighed as she looked down, putting her hand down as well. She kicked her feet back and forth as she held on the bench. “I miss them,” she said.

“Miss them? Why? Where are they?” I asked.

“They’re in heaven,” she said and the sadness was obvious to her voice that it made me feel so bad for even asking about it. Then that gives me that reason why she’s in Seoul with his cousin but not in Busan where she really lives.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean…”

“It’s ok,” she said, slightly smiling. “You, don’t you miss your dad?” She asked, taking me aback. I shook my head.

“He’d been long gone in my life,” I said, sounding mad but that’s the truth.

“I hope you don’t mind me asking but why are you mad at him?” She asked.

I hesitated. I didn’t want bringing it up because every time I do, I feel so weak. Whenever I tell my past, it pains me and I feel so mad although I said that I’ve long forgave him. It still hurts.

“My dad left us when I was young…for another woman,” I said finally putting my guards down, for the first time in front of her.

“Sorry…” She said.

“It’s nothing. It’s the past,” I said, softly smiling. She smiled and nodded.

“I wonder. Don’t you want to meet him again?” She asked. After much thinking, I shrugged.

“I did before but after I saw my mom being so sad in the mention of him, I didn’t desire to see him again,” I said. She nodded.

“I understand. But you’re still lucky since your both parents are alive. There are still chances that you can fix everything,” she said looking at the ground again. “It’s just my opinion though,” she said. I didn’t say anything and just sighed.

“If ever he shows up in front of me, I want to hear from him that he was sorry. I want to hear that he regretted leaving us. I want it to come from his lips,” I muttered and just then, felt a cold hand touch my clenched fist on the bench. I looked at it and back at her. My fist relaxed and for some reason, I held her hands, tight.

Hyomi’s POV

His warm hands heated my cold hands as he held it tight. I didn’t expect that but I let him seeing how sad he looked. For the first time, I saw him like this. Something I didn’t see coming. I mean, he had been so stubborn from the start and if we ended the game I know I’ll be going home defeated for I’ve broken down in front of him for so many times.

Although it was like that, I can’t help but not to ignore the actions he had been doing. It felt wrong, even this moment when we’re holding hands because I have a boyfriend and to mention that we just had a misunderstanding a week ago. This can be another source of another problem if anyone catches us. Also, the weird feeling I’m having while being with him since I while ago was something I don’t think would do good, not this time.

Letting go of his hands, I stood up and gave him a small smile.

“I guess we both put our guards down tonight, huh?” I said chuckling, trying to break the awkward atmosphere. He just stared up at me with an unreadable expression. “I think we need to go back before they worry. By the way, can I borrow your phone? I’ll just message Sehun,” I said and he stood up, getting his phone in his pockets before giving it to me. “Thanks,” I said and started pressing on it and giving it back to him.

After that, we started walking back to the hotel in silence.  When we were a few meters away, I could see some of the EXO oppas standing there with worried expression. BAP was also there.

“I’ll stop here,” I heard Daehyun say. I looked around to him before nodding and removing the jacket he let me borrow.

“Thanks,” I said and he nodded, taking it.

I walked near them and as soon as they saw me, they bombarded me with questions that I wasn’t able to answer all at once. I just told them I’m already okay and that I just want to go home. Sehun and Baekhyun oppa was nowhere and they told me that they went around looking for me. The older oppas scolded me that I shouldn’t have ran and I apologized. We waited for Sehun and Baekhyun oppa to arrive and when they did, Sehun immediately looked if I got hurt or anything before removing his jacket and placing it on my shoulders.

“I’m okay,” I said, assuring him.

“Are you sure? Those girls were already asked to go home and the principal would deal with them as soon as they get back to school,” Sehun said.

“That is if they would still have the courage to come back,” Minseok oppa said. I softly smiled and nodded, muttering a thanks to them.

“I think we should get going already,” Baekhyun oppa said and everyone agreed as all of us were also tired. Sehun had drove us home and as the car passed by the front of the hotel, I saw Daehyun yet again with a demeanor of how he is at school but I don’t know if I could ever look at him with the same demeanor after this night.

 


 

HI! How's this? :)

I hope you didn't misunderstand what Hyomi said at the last line. If you can't understand anything, just message me or comment. I'll be glad to answer you questions as long as it woudln't spoil the story. :))

Since I forgot to place the picture/videos of them wearing the ball outfits yesterday, here is it! 

 Hyomi

 EXO M  EXO K (except for Sehun) 

 BAP (except for Daehyun) Just remove the belts/straps around Zelo.  Sehun 

 

 

Please watch this for Daehyun's outfit. I'm so sorry because I really couldn't find a picture of him wearing the same clothes. 

For the hairstyles: 

The same with the pictures except for BAP and Hyomi. 

 

 Hyomi 

(Sorry for the photo spam here. :)))

I'll update as soon as I can. THANK YOU! :)