Ep.2 How To Become Strong Like A Penguin

“Pirate of Korean Sea: The Curse of the Black Swan” and “Cowgirl Story”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

@ Everyone: I update two chapters again. Go back one chapter to find the cowgirl update. Sometimes I update multiple chapters at once, and it won't show up separately in the notification. The notification will only refer to the one last chapter updated. So please check it by yourself whether there is a chapter you have accidentally skipped or not. I recommend you to use a bookmark facility.


Here I update the pirate fic again. But of course, you can’t expect me to finish Season 2, okay? If I am to finish this, then I will have to write 100 chapters more, and that is impossible. So yeah, I’m not going to finish it. I just want to give you some aftertaste.


TRIVIA: Myoui Kai is a real person, he is the older brother of Mina IRL. But in this fic, I suggest you imagine someone else with a smaller and slender body than the real Kai, because he is actually a very bulky guy IRL.


PIRATES OF KOREAN SEA: THE AGE OF REBELS Episode 2 - "How To Become Strong Like A Penguin"


After the training session was over, everyone got inside the house and had their lunches together. And after that, the girls found themselves sitting and laying inside the huge living room. It was Saturday so no one had work to do outside, other than checking a few inventories in the warehouse.

Nayeon, Momo, and Dahyun were sitting at the table, eating snacks. Sana and Tzuyu were playing darts, with the latter demonstrating her high skill and talent in throwing the darts and hitting the targets. While Chaeyoung was lying on the couch, her head was on Mina's lap. Mina ran her fingers through Chaeyoung's short hair, giving the girl a gentle massage. The baby tiger seemed to be enjoying it a lot, as she began to close her eyes and doze off.


Then came Kai, entering the room. He had bruises all over his face. He walked a bit limply with his hand pressing an ice-pack onto his bruised cheek. And the boy looked vexed and angered at the moment.

He then slumped himself onto the chair at the table. Nayeon, Momo, and Dahyun stared at him.

"Tck! I hate Mina-unnie! She keeps treating me like I'm still a little kid! And I'm already taller than her! Heck I'm already taller than any of you!" He grumbled.

"You're still not taller than Chewy." Dahyun said.

"Oh yeah, except her." Kai said.

The girls stared at Kai as the latter continued grumbling.

The 15-year-old boy had been growing up a lot ever since he first came here five years ago. Back then he looked so small and thin. Now with 170 cm and 60 kg, the boy looked much better. He had sharp eyes, thick brows, and high cheekbones. And one can say that his handsomeness was above average.


"Tck! I hate Mina-noona! She always makes me bruised! How am I going to go to school with my face bruised like this! Uuuh! I hate you, Mina-noona!" Kai said, still grumbling.

Upon hearing Kai's words, Nayeon lifted her brow a bit.

"Kai! Don't you know that Mina-noona loves you so much?"

"Yeah, I know. I'm not really hating her, okay? I just hate it when she beats me up and ruins my handsome face. Tck! I need this face to socialize with my friends!"

"Socialize?"

"Yeah! Socialize! You know, there's a lot of girls lining up in my queue, waiting to be my girlfriend. How am I going to take them out for a date with my face bruised up like this? Tck!" Kai continued grumbling.

Pffft! He's really like his father a lot! Momo thought in her mind upon seeing Kai's behavior. While others saw the physical resemblance between Kai and Chiaki, only Mina and Momo knew the behavioral resemblance between Kai and Mamoru. They both love women.

Still grumbling, Kai then took out his board game and started playing. It was a puzzle of 4x4 containing numbers from 1 to 15, with one empty slot, in which they had to order it by sliding the pieces through the empty slot. Hyunjin made this board game from him.

Not long after, Momo, Dahyun, Sana, and Tzuyu withdrew to their chambers to take a nap. It left Mina, Chaeyoung, Nayeon, and Kai in the living room.

At that time, Chaeyoung was already drooling in her sleep, while still having her head resting on Mina's lap.


Kai watched Mina and Chaeyoung. And he continued grumbling again.

"Tck! Someday I'm going to beat Mina-noona! I'm going to be stronger than her!"

Nayeon smiled. "If you're lazy and keep skipping practice, how would you expect to become stronger than her?"

Kai stared at Nayeon, then at Mina. He then let out a sigh.

"Hm. Yeah, you're right. Mina-noona is very strong. I might never be able to beat her. How did she become so strong anyway? She's a girl!" Kai frowned. A curiosity was shown on his face.

Nayeon smiled at Kai. She then put her arm on the table.

[Remember reader, Nayeon here only has one arm. And she's not a tsundere like the CEO-Nayeon in the other fic. Here she is motherly, caring, and very good in domestic stuff, having a Martha Stewart vibe in her.]


Nayeon continued. "Listen, Kai. Your sister didn't become strong just in one night. It took many years of training and fighting. When I first met with Mina, she was very weak and coward. She always got beaten by Momo in the training session, in a way that was similar to how Mina beat you today. On almost every occasion, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter